Start by marking “Ship of Fools” as Want to Read:

(Chistleworth)

Now re-edited with added content.

Andreas Mitchell is single, stupid and bored, and should honestly have a good long think about the number of bad life choices he has made lately. Instead, he heads straight for the one guy he knows will become his biggest mistake yet.

Luca Germano makes no choices at all. Instead, he lives quietly in the background and prefers the safety of
Published December 1st 2020 by Self published

To ask other readers questions about Ship of Fools, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ship of Fools

Start your review of Ship of Fools
Susan
Dec 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm, hurt-comfort
I promised myself I would finish this since I was already at 71%, but I just can't anymore.

I'm not feeling the writing, I'm not feeling the characters.

Life is too short to spend on books I don't like.
True Loveislovereview
Dec 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kink, 2020, lgbtq
Praise to this amazing adorable story!

Andreas is a slut. You can find him every weekend at the bar, getting drunk and going home with a guy to be left bruised for a week.
Sitting at the bar drinking water Luca thinks Andreas is the most beautiful person at those nights, but hold him at distance. He doesn’t want to be one of those guys. He’ll never give his heart again.
Fate has other plans and they end up in Luca’s apartment. What follows will squeeze your heart, will make you laugh, and will mak
Joyfully Jay
Dec 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

This book started out holding my attention with Luca and Andreas being introduced. Andreas regularly goes out clubbing and hooks up with different men, but he’s not enjoying it much anymore. He’s putting himself into dangerous situations, but he’s not sure how to stop himself. And then his personal and professional life meet up.

Luca doesn’t think he is good enough for a man like Andreas. His family is way too involved in his business and it’s his sister that arran
Sharing The Book Love
Im really on the fence with this one! I love Sophia's writing style and enjoyed the quirky characters, the family dynamics, the almost pushed together hookup come come whatever you wanna call it after the previous flirting and rejection

BUT

The kinky bits in the story did not appeal to me at all (and I read all sorts). It just seem over the top and fake and it for sure needed a safeword that wasn't Stop!
Shelby
Dec 22, 2020 rated it did not like it
DNF @ 39%.

I liked how this started out, but my enjoyment was quickly bogged down by the run on sentences, the overuse of commas (often where they shouldn't be), the internal dialogue, the superfluous background information, the random interjection of said information and hopping back and forth frok one point to the other, and the same lines being repeated endlessly.
Kirstin
Dec 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This adorable story caught my eye and then captured my heart.

Luca comes from a traditional Italian family where the house is one giant open door and there are no secrets. Andreas is not so lucky. He's lived a life of privilege where he's been catered to, pampered, shipped off to school, and given everything except an actual family and people who know and love him.

For months, twinky Andreas has caught the eye of Luca at the local bar, as well as the eye of a new man each night for months. He's le
Amy Dufera - Amy's MM Romance Reviews
Ship of Fools is an incredible, emotional romance by Sophia Soames. Everything about this story is wonderful. It would be fantastic as just a regular romance, but the fact that it's at Christmastime makes it extra special.

It's the tale of two flawed men, who have never been able to find that someone special. But, with looks across a barroom, some work together, and the help of a Christmas "elf,", everything changes.

Luca and Andreas have a strong connection, but an even sweeter way of getting to
ML
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Let me first say... I love this writer’s style. It’s unpredictable and I’m a bit addicted to it.

Luca and Andreas are a bit of an unlikely pair. I loved the vulnerability and trust they showed each other. It was very swoony. Since they trusted one another, boundaries were pushed. This was HOT and sexy.

I loved Luca’s family so much. Andreas was raised by wolves and I wished his whole family would fall into the sea.

If you want a sexy and minimal angst holiday themed story, this is definitely the
Anabela.M.
This was one of those books where, while I immediately fell in love with the main characters, they initially didn't seem to make much sense as a couple. But, the more I got to know them and the author revealed layers of their personalities, the more the story sucked me in and showed me that they were actually perfect for each other.

And, well, I loved being proven wrong. It was fascinating to watch Luca and Andreas meet, flirt, chase and eventually give in to one another and the unexpected emoti
Louise
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Today it's been 2 years since Sophia's first book came out!
And what a ride.
i'm a big fan of Sophias, I love her writing style and
the way she manages to get me lost in the world she creates.

I Love christmas books, and this one is on top on my list

Luac and Anderas are fantastic, on the outside they don't match.
But when it comes to love they need each other.
They find a way to live and love in their one style.

Heather (AllTheJuicyBits)
Dec 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, lgbtq
Andreas and Luca are complete opposites. Luca is quiet, steady, and reliable. He isn't much of a drinker or a partier and he's very close with his loving family. A mechanic and custom car designer and builder with his father's business, he's sometimes lonely but that seems preferable to opening himself up to being hurt.

Andreas is a flighty, promiscuous, twink who, despite having a good job at which he excels, spends his nights getting plastered and more often than not waking up with a stranger.
Amy Stauffer
It’s Christmastime, which means more Christmas stories. This one has a bit more angst than I expected, but it wasn’t super heavy. You will experience various emotions when reading this book, and it’s a big range!

I felt like the writing was well done, and a lot of thought went into the characters in this story. Our main characters were both flawed men, but there added layers that kept us engaged by their presence in the story. They were not a good match, on paper, but somehow made their pairing b
❤Sharonica-Logic❤
My Thoughts and Review:

Ohhh Mmmyyyy PHOEBE! This was an absolute train wreck of over the top, this is so crazy it could totally happen in real life, gay Romance. I loved every whacked-out moment of it! When I first started listening to this book (TTS) I wasn’t sure I was going to appreciate the story, but once the two MCs got over the awkward not so meet-cute, I grew to love and appreciate them for the complex characters they were. I also laughed quite inappropriately at all the ina
E.Muddle
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ship of Fools is another stellar book from Sophia Soames. It is an incredibly emotional romance about two men who finally find what they need in each other. The writing is extraordinary, the characters are flawed and layered and impossible not to like, and the storyline is perfectly paced to draw out the undeniable connection between Luca and Andreas. Another draw is how their intimacy is handled. It delves into BDSM and there is some very hot roleplaying and roughness, as well as slow and sweet ...more
HAYLEY SMITH
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
There's something quite unique and beautiful about Sophia Soame's books and I have loved and thoroughly enjoyed each one I have read.
I read Custard and Kisses (Ru 💖) just before starting Ship of Fools as they are set in the same place, which made me super excited to start Ship of fools.
I adored Luca and Andreas and their story was wonderful start to finish. Brilliantly written, romantic, a bit sad, funny and perfect.
Jerri
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book. It delved a bit into a side of BDSM than I care for, but the characters more than made up for it. I absolutely loved Luca’s crazy Italian family! Adding Andreas into the mix just made it better. He fit in so well from the first moment.
It was a lot of fun except for “them”. I think Andreas would be quick to agree.
All in all, a low-stress romp with Italian food. What’s not to love?
Christina Kristensen
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was just as amazing as usual. I love books from Sophia. If you dont fall in love with Andreas and Luca, then i dont understand.

Andreas is just lonely, and try hard to fit in. Spends a lot of evenings with Charlie at the club. He then meet Luca a late night, or rather several nights. He’s just there - at the bar. Looking.

Then something fun happens 😉 and they meet another place, in another setting.
Could they be friends?
Sallyann
Dec 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic book from Sophia! I absolutely adored Andreas even when he was a reckless slut, it was so heartbreaking to see just how lost he really was. Luca stole my heart with how emotional he was, his family are fantastic especially Bea and his mum. Luca and Andreas in the bedroom is some of the hottest scenes I have read but I just loved all of the sweet tender moments, these guys are absolutely beautiful together.
AL
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is so unique! The characters are fun, the story nothing like I have read before! And adding to that Sophia Soame's narration style is just icing on the cake! I was totally smitten with the MCs and dove into the story headfirst wiithout a life jacket! Just that good! ...more
Toni K
Dec 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a Christmas! I love stories about discovering and owning your kink. Reading this, I wanted to be a fool. The style is distinctive, lyrical and fervent at the same time. A very satisfying book.
Lagaertha
Dec 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sophia writes really comforting books with quirky characters, and this one set in Manchester at Christmas is a nice and fun escape from the atrocities out there in the real world.
Sharon Cox
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love the way that Sophia Soames writes and so I was rapt when I was given the chance of reading an ARC of Ship of Fools. I read it within a couple of hours and I thoroughly enjoyed that couple of hours.
Sophia has an unusual style of writing and I find it to be very calm and relaxing. She writes in the present tense which is something that I normally don't like but Sophia makes the story so interesting that I am happy to overlook this.
The story is good - it's a case of opposites attr
Edga
Nov 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Have to say that this isn't my favourite Sophia Soames read, (I'm a massive fan!), but, despite this, I still enjoyed it. As usual the story is quirky and intelligent, with two guys who appear to be mismatched, but, under it all, are perfect for each other. It's quite an emotional story, with some light hearted moments, it has a lovely HEA. I adored Luca's family. ...more
Janet Hunt
Dec 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perfect!! This was a fantastic Christmas themed romance. I loved how the author gave us two flawed mc’s that were perfect for each other. The story was beautifully well written! Loved everything about it!! I’m voluntarily reviewing from an advanced copy that I received.
M.J. Calabrese
Feb 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

A wonderfully steamy story of two people who find exactly what they need. Explores a kink relationship not usually found in other books. I really enjoyed it all.
Annie Maus
Dec 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you’d told me I could thoroughly enjoy an insta-love romance featuring a relationship cemented over a few days, I’da called you bonkers. Color me humbled by this Christmas gift. ‘Ship of Fools’ by Sophia Soames is both charming and believable. She has created two men who could only have developed true intimacy in a rush.

Here’s Andreas describing his different traits. “Monday through Friday, I am a respectable car salesman, flogging cars to customers with more money than sense,” but weekends
Lisa
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ship of Fools by Sophia Soames is wonderfully charming, steamy, and wonderful. This is an insta-love story with BDSM kink that takes places over the span of a few days leading up to Christmas and then jumps a year ahead to the next year's Christmas. Andreas is a car salesman who sells cars to rich entitled clients but after work, he looks for men to use and abuse him. He sees Luca at the bar he hangs out and hits on him only to get shot down.

Then he meets Luca again when he walks in for a job on
Sarita Chapdelaine
Nov 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This book is very different from the other stories I have read by Sophia Soames and although I like the others more I still enjoyed Ship of Fools. It is well written, emotional, the characters are all amazing, the family dynamics are intriguing and the ending is perfect. Luca is my favorite part of this story and even though it took me a while to like Andreas I loved him once his past was revealed as it it made it much easier to understand his actions. I like how Luca is very tempted by Andreas ...more
Jeanette Buck
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I adore Sophia's writing and her books keeps getting better and better. This book is different than her usual style but I thoroughly enjoyed this story. I wish Andreas could be my new best friend. He is full of sass and humour. Both characters have their insecurities but the chemistry between them is so hot and actually they get the best out of each other which makes their connection stronger. I look forward to seeing what Sophia brings out next. ...more
RACHEL REED
Dec 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
(3,5 stars)

This was such a sweet and adorable read.
The characters are fun, quirky and interesting.
The writing style was engaging and enjoyable.

Andreas and Luca were sweet together and I loved their dynamics inside and outside the bedroom.

The kink part of it was well written amd the BDSM scenes were hot.
I would have loved more character development and more build up towards their relationship
But nonetheless an enjoyable read.

• Merry Measure
  • Ranger
  • Merry Cherry Christmas
  • Pretty Boy (Perfect Boys #1)
  • We Have Till Dawn
  • Tic-Tac-Mistletoe
  • Dear Daddy, Please Hold Us (Naughty or Nice, #3)
  • Dear Daddy, Please Spank Me (Naughty or Nice #2)
  • Hot Mess
  • Dear Daddy, Please Trust Me
  • The Endless Road to Sunshine
  • Click (White House Men #3)
  • Rule Breakers (Off Limits, #1)
  • Dear Daddy, Please Praise Me (Naughty or Nice #5)
  • Dear Daddy, Please Keep Me (Naughty or Nice, #7)
  • Friends (White House Men #2)
  • Winter Waites (Aster Valley #0.5)
  • Naughty & Nice (Love Notes, #2)
Sophia Soames is a Scandinavian, UK based, Author of contemporary MM romance. She writes stories of everyday people with kids and families living real life fairytales.

News & Interviews