Start by marking “Never Call Me Vampire” as Want to Read:
Never Call Me Vampire

Never Call Me Vampire

The world calls him vampire.
But that’s not who I know. He’s my fellow patient at Crimson Hollow, a facility for those infected with the vampire virus. He’s lived for more than a century and been called many things. Vagabond. Circus freak. Prisoner. Murderer. Now he’s the world’s most famous person. He receives blood transfusions to stay conscious and rarely leaves the faci
Published November 24th 2020 by Babylon Books

To ask other readers questions about Never Call Me Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Call Me Vampire

Start your review of Never Call Me Vampire
InD'tale Magazine
Rating: 4.5/5.0

Valiant and undeterred, the protagonist in the novel keeps the plot catchy and amusing, especially for lovers of dark fantasy.

Read full review in the 2021 February issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Mary
Feb 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from the Author, for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Tamara Grantham does it again! I have been a fan of her books since her Fairy World Series and once again I am walking away wanting more. I found myself so engrossed in the book, that I had read the majority of it in one day. I have to say that I did not see that ending coming and now I can not wait to see where this story goes.

I loved the two main characters. Amaya is such a strong main
Pegboard
Mar 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Never Call Me Vampire by Tamara Grantham is the first book in her Legends of Crimson Hollow Paranormal Fantasy series. Lucian Vidraru craves blood, sensitive to the sun, and the original carrier of the Viridae Sangre virus that kills people; but he doesn’t want to be called a vampire. You definitely want to stay on Lucian’s good side. Amaya de la Vega watched her father and mother die of the VS virus. In order to find the cure hidden within the walls of Crimson Hollow facility, she injects herse ...more
Tonja Drecker
Feb 08, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Gothic and dark, this is a vampire story with a very unique twist.

When I picked this one up, I was expecting something along the lines of the usual vampire story...and wow, I was wrong. The main character is ready to do anything to get the cure to an odd disease, and if that means getting herself into a hospital and lurking down halls to find the one person, who no one else dare nears...well, then she'll do it.

This one leads down a different path, where intrigue and secrets take very dark turns.
Jenny Zimmerman Black Words-White Pages
WOW, what an unbelievably twisted, yet remarkable story this was.

The characters were incredible! I enjoyed reading and getting to know Amaya and Lucian. They make a beautiful couple and their lesson within this story is so glorious!! It's not what's on the outside that counts but what's on the inside. I wish more people were like Amaya!! And their love was so very strong too!! I felt their love for one another flow off the pages of this story!! Just incredible!!

The story-line was phenomenal!! Gr
Evelyn
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Murder, drama, medical mystery, fantasy, romance, heroism, historical novel? All of that and more. I’m not a fan of the typical vampire storyline, so it’s a good thing this book is anything but. It is mind bending and imaginative, deep, but exciting. It is so hard to give a review without giving anything away. You won’t want to put it down, but if you do, your mind will keep taking you back. Need a read that’s deep, but still a feel good? You won’t be disappointed. Take these characters home wit ...more
Debbie Eyre
Mar 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic read this turned out to be. Well written with an interesting take on vampires it’s dramatic, exciting and full of twists and turns to keep you guessing till the very end. Tons going on, questions to be answered, secrets to be revealed, cures to be made and an ending I did not see coming! It’s an incredible story in an incredible world. I will definitely be reading more from this author!
Tristan
Oct 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
I read this book in one sitting! A fast paced, exciting story, Never Call Me Vampire is Frankenstein meets Dracula with an interesting twist at the end! The writing style kept me completely engaged and eager to find out what happens next.

If you are looking for a traditional vampire story, this is not the book. But, if you want a new, unique take that takes an interesting turn - then you want this book!
Kitty
Apr 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
This story definitely drew me in... I didn't want to put it down. I liked the characters, and the story. It's definitely a different take on the vampire thing. And there were some twists I didn't see coming. But...

there were also a few things that I "did" see coming. And I feel that our supposedly bright heroine, and our experienced hero most definitely should have seen as well. I really enjoyed it... but it didn't quite make the 5 star mark for me.
Trudy
Mar 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Intensely captivating

I found this to be extremely interesting as it kept me guessing till the end as to how the heroes were going to defeat the baddy. It provided a roller coaster ride of deceit, emotions, intrigue and of course a bit of historical context. I highly recommend for a fun read.
Michelle
Mar 07, 2021 rated it it was ok
DNF at 36%. It's devolving into raging hormones. It had such promise. I really liked the opening segments of each chapter; they were kind of clever little interludes. But I must be the wrong demographic. Too old, I guess! ...more
Donamarie Fournier
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully different story about vampires. Tamara Grantham has excelled in developing her characters, the storyline, and blending them into a fantastic fantasy. I look forward to continuing this in the rest of the series.
Rebecca Brown
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful amazing book by author Tamara Grantham. I love reading her books they never disappoint. Absolutely loved reading...
Marlene
Dec 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
A vampire but not a vampire. This was an intriguing read. How can someone be a vampire but not one? A girl on a mission to to complete her parents quest to get the cure for the vampire disease. She meets the original vampire who claims not to be one. Strange things are happening at the hospital that both are at. Too many questions for the girl not to investigate, dispite being told not to. The story caught my attention right away with the dark an gloom start and a big dog. Am curious to read mo ...more
Michelle
Nov 19, 2020
Nikki
Nov 21, 2020
Tamara Grantham
Nov 24, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Sam Miller
Jennifer Hill
Linda Runeckles
is currently reading it
Dec 10, 2020

• The Night of Living Wicked: Halloween Crisis (Paranormal in Manhattan, 24)
  • Magic and Metaphysics Academy: The Complete Series (Mountain Shifters Universe)
  • Meri Chris Mess
  • The Ex Talk
  • A Lesson in Vengeance
  • The Glamourist (The Vine Witch, #2)
  • House of Royals (House of Royals, #1)
  • Lore
  • Reclaimed (Shadow Beast Shifters, #2)
  • House Of Vampires (Lorena Quinn #1)
  • House of Kings (House of Royals, #3)
  • House of Pawns (House of Royals, #2)
  • Small Favors
  • House of Ravens (House of Royals #5)
  • Curse of Dracula (Immortal Soul, #2)
  • The Wedding Game
  • Plain Bad Heroines
  • House of Judges (House of Royals, #4)
Tamara Grantham is the award-winning author of more than half a dozen books and novellas, including the Olive Kennedy: Fairy World MD series, the Twisted Ever After trilogy, and the Shine novellas. Dreamthief, the first book of her Fairy World MD series, won first place for fantasy in INDIEFAB’S Book of the Year Awards, a RONE award for best New Adult Romance, and is a #1 bestseller on Amazon with ...more

News & Interviews

It’s hard to believe the year 2022 is already coming to an end. That went fast, didn’t it? Still, there’s just enough time to wedge in a...