Jump to ratings and reviews

Your Marriage God's Way Workbook: A Biblical Guide to a Christ-Centered Relationship

“Scripture allows us to enjoy marriage as God intended it to be—a vibrant, thrilling, fulfilling relationship. Let’s journey together, with the Bible as our guide, to experience the blessings of a Christ-centered marriage.” —Scott LaPierre
By God’s design, your relationship with your spouse is your most important earthly connection. Your heavenly Father wants you to witness the fullness of His love in your marriage, and He invites you to apply His instructions for building a satisfying, enduring union.

This companion workbook to Your Marriage God’s Way encourages you to dive deeper into your study of this sacred contract between man, woman, and God. You’ll lay the foundation of a marriage that lasts as you…
understand the unique roles God has given you and your spouse
identify ways you can better help, encourage, and support each other
make serving God the focal point of your marriage
As you and your spouse work through this book together, you’ll grow closer to God and to each other, harvesting the delicious fruits of a biblical marriage that brings joy and blessing to you and everyone around you.

192 pages, Paperback

Published September 21, 2021

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Scott LaPierre

13 books100 followers
Receive a FREE copy of my book, Seven Biblical Insights for Healthy, Joyful, Christ-Centered Marriages!

I'm the senior pastor of Woodland Christian Church in Woodland, WA, a Regional Facilitator over WA and OR for The National Center for Family-Integrated Churches, an author, and conference speaker.

My wife, Katie, is also an author, and we have been blessed with seven children that we homeschool. We grew up together in the small town of McArthur, in the mountains of northern California.

After college, I served as an Army officer before becoming an elementary school teacher. While teaching, I began working part time as an associate pastor at Grace Baptist Church in Lemoore, California. When the church grew, I was hired full time and remained there until coming to Washington.

I have a bachelor’s degree in business administration and two master’s degrees, one in education and the other in biblical studies.

I spend most of my time with my home and church families. I love studying and teaching God’s Word. The free time I have is usually committed to reading and writing. Our kids stay busy with church, music, and school.

My books come from my sermons, which take twenty-to-thirty hours of work each week. This means each book contains hundreds of hours of study in God’s Word.

I hope you’ll consider subscribing to my newsletter. I know your inbox is already busy, so I’ll do my best to make sure each message is packed with value.

If I can pray for you in any way, please let me know!

God bless,
Scott LaPierre

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 (3%)
1 star
1 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 35 reviews
Profile Image for Robbie .
420 reviews38 followers
September 28, 2021
Scott LaPierre's Your Marriage God's Way Workbook is a counterpart to his book Your Marriage God's Way. Accordingly, it dissects each chapter of the book and emphasizes how to apply what has been taught and learned through questions and direct language. It can, however, be used on its own, but I believe a lot of information and functionality would be lost.

When using the workbook, LaPierre warns, we can expect stress and bumps along the path. I can see how this would apply to both the workbook and the book because God will undoubtedly be at work in your life while you use both tools.

The workbook is a systematic, common-sense source for not only enriching your marriage but also in your spiritual growth.

I received an ARC e-book of this book from the author. However, my review is voluntary, and all opinions are my own.
Profile Image for Jithendra Jithu.
484 reviews10 followers
July 26, 2022

by Scott LaPierre

Description:

understand the unique roles God has given you and your spouse
identify ways you can better help, encourage, and support each other
make serving God the focal point of your marriage

Review:

👉Talking about the title of the book, the title of the book is really so interesting to read.

👉The cover is appealing and attractive as well.Writing style is quite appreciable .

Wow! What a book! I am in love with the book

For complete read do order the book on @amazondotin @amazondotcom

👉I just loved reading the book and will recommended to everyone ....

Happy reading!..
Profile Image for Connie Saunders.
1,406 reviews96 followers
December 21, 2021
This workbook is the perfect companion to the book of the same name, and it allows readers to answer questions as they work through Your Marriage God's Way. Author Scott La Pierre shares his knowledge as a pastor, and his own experiences as a husband, to offer a biblical recipe for the institution of marriage. A successful marriage takes work, determination, and a strong foundation, and La Pierre shows us that understanding, and following God's recipe, will surely pave the way. Both of these are valuable resources that you will want for your own!

I received a digital copy of this book from the author. There was no obligation for a positive review. These are my own thoughts.
Profile Image for Che Flaviano.
156 reviews29 followers
March 15, 2019
Supplementary workbook

This book is a must-have if you got the first book - this is workbook that supplements what you have learned from the first book. This will help tremendously in the implementation of the lesson learned. I am grateful that I found both books.

142 reviews5 followers
Read
June 2, 2018
I dont think I will be done with this book for a while due to the steps to work on our marriage. And to work to make it a Godly marriage. We will continue to work on this one.

Profile Image for Pat Eroh.
2,587 reviews28 followers
March 5, 2019
This is an excellent companion to the book by the same name. My husband and I have an awesome marriage of 23 years and we plan at least another 23 years. But this book was not a waste of time. It is wonderful to work on a better marriage together with God. It only gets better.

Profile Image for Christy.
9 reviews1 follower
September 24, 2019
I appreciated the workbook along with the book I forgot to mention that I had received this from the author in return for an honest review . The workbook allowed me to write my feelings down as well as engage my husband in the book as well. a great accompaniment to the book.
August 2, 2018
Reviewed by Alexandra Jensen

If your marriage needs a face lift, then Marriage God's Way Workbook by Scott LaPierre is the supplemental book for you! This workbook allows readers to reach spiritual epiphanies on how to better their marriage through biblical truths. The workbook, used with the actual book, is informative and presents practical ways to improve your marriage. Not only is this workbook based on the Truth of God’s Word, but also is specifically purposed for you and your marriage. The author has designed this book in such a way that it points out your own specific strengths and weaknesses that could be affecting your marriage. This book enabled me to realize some areas of my life that could be tweaked to help my marriage grow. With this workbook, you will be able to understand what God has to say. It is a personal tool that can be used to grow you in your marriage today.

One of my favorite parts of the workbook was where it explains how to apologize to your spouse in a sincere, godly way. Being an author myself, I must applaud Mr. LaPierre. His work points the arrow back to Jesus in regards to marriage. God can transform you and your spouse’s marriage through the book, and this supplemental workbook. If your marriage needs Christ’s strength, God’s healing, and biblical truth in action, with the Bible and this workbook you have the right tools in your hands. This workbook is important to purchase and complete in addition to the book. Marriage God’s Way Workbook sparks the book’s words, making them to come to life, and will set your heart on fire for God, rekindling your marriage.
Profile Image for Ashley.
150 reviews
November 7, 2018
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.

This workbook is essentially a companion piece to the book that it goes with. It is designed to help you better understand the teachings in the marriage book, by allowing you to discuss things and fill them in.

It is a great way to talk to your spouse about things and communicate, but it will work even if just one of you is utilizing it. Either way, it should help you gain more understanding, since you really have to write down personal information. This can help you delve into these scriptures, lessons, and much more.

The book asks you to write down some things that you may not have expressed before, so it’s important to be honest. You need to know what you must work on as a team, or what your shortcomings are as a unit.

A marriage is all about being in harmony with each other, and this workbook will help you realize what you need to do to harmonize with your spouse. This should be a great thing for your entire family, and it has the potential to help your marriage get through those hard times.

Keep in mind that you do need to write in it for it to help you.
Profile Image for Ravin.
30 reviews
September 17, 2021
Honestly, I felt it an honor and privilege to read Your Marriage God’s Way and work through the workbook with my husband. I have read quite a bit on the topic of relationships and especially the marriage relationship, and I have not seen such insight as Scott LaPierre gave. I could tell without a shadow of a doubt that God led Scott to share these materials with the world!!
Although some parts were hard for me to read because they shone a different light than I had seen before regarding my position as a wife, I am continuing to seek God to help me be a better wife and to truly live up to His standards for me in the home. Your Marriage God’s Way inspired me to search even more for what God intends for the marriage relationship and I am encouraged that He truly ordained marriage to be a picture of His unconditional, relentless love for His people. My desire is to share this with the world! Scott, thank you so much for letting God use you in writing this masterpiece! May it bless many more lives than just ours!
Profile Image for Matthew James Elliott).
Author 7 books
November 29, 2017
WOW!! I was very surprised at the way this workbook handled the content of its counterpart. Scott really made an effort to create something that would genuinely benefit those seeking to empower their marriage the way God has intended marriage to be. After a brief read, I was so engulfed in the way it was put together, I actually found my copy of the Marriage God's Way Book and re-read much of its content, so I could answer questions for myself and encouraged my wife to do the same.

I am no prophet, but I can tell this is a beginning of a marriage revolution, and I cannot wait to witness it come in to fruition. This is a workbook we are going to see in churches and at marriage retreats all around the country one day, along with its counterpart; A really great addition to the Marriage God's Way Movement that I believe is coming.
September 21, 2021
I am loving to read ‘Your Marriage God’s Way’. I am reading it to prepare for my future marriage. Have been receiving so much insight! I love the way Scott LaPierre delivers God’s principles for marriage. Straight to the point, not afraid to speak the truth, he writes with gentleness and gracefulness. I have learnt some points I haven’t heard or read before. It is very easy to read difficult truths when they are delivered in a gentle way. The workbook is helping me to think about what I am learning and write it down. It is helping me to bring the knowledge I am getting from the book to practical points that I will be able to apply when I will be married. Knowing God’s principles will help me to choose a godly man to build a family and apply these principles. I have been very blessed by this read. Go for it, you will be blessed too!
Profile Image for Natalya.
431 reviews13 followers
September 7, 2021
THE STORMS WILL COME
This book will show you how to be prepared for the storms and overcome the challenges and difficult seasons in your marriage.
“For marriage to be all that God intends, we must follow the instructions He’s given us, and they are
found in His Word.”
Would you like to be one of the greatest blessings God has given your spouse? Study along!
“The horizontal relationship with our spouse is suffering because there’s something wrong with the vertical relationship with Christ.” “A couple’s response to Jesus’s teaching determines whether their house will stand up to life’s storms.”
I received an ARC of this book for review. I was not required to write a favorable review. All opinions in this review are my own.
557 reviews4 followers
September 21, 2021
As a wife of 44 years I have experienced many nuances of married life, and have read many books and opinions about what a Godly marriage should look like. I’ve found God is using Scott to lay out a concise and clear picture of God’s best for both the husband and wife.
There are areas that make me a bit uncomfortable, and examine long held perceptions about marriage, while affirming through scripture the plan for both myself and my husband.
God has clearly given spiritual insight into marriage through this book and accompanying workbook.
I recommend this for married couples and those planning to be married. I am honored to be able to review this book for the author and this is my honest opinion.
1 review
September 16, 2021
A workbook accompanying a book is one of the best tools for gleaning the greatest truths the author wants us to have. Pastor Scott LaPierre has organized and arranged a clear guide to our receiving the timeless powerful Scriptural Truths of Your Marriage God’s Way.

This workbook enhances our minds being able to grasp the best God has to offer in showing His original intention of husband and wife being one flesh (Genesis 2:24). Every couple will be greatly blessed having this guide to work through alongside reading chapter by chapter through Your Marriage God’s Way.
Profile Image for Charity  Bartley Howard.
108 reviews8 followers
September 21, 2021
The workbook is a great resource and companion with the book Your Marriage God's Way book. It is a good combination of information and works to help couples learn about their relationship and bring themselves closer together as well as God. Readers get information, details, scriptures, and fill in information to personalize the journey as a way to help them find the answers they need while having Bible verses too. It is a nice activity for married couples and couples in the process of getting married. It is well organized too!
2 reviews
Read
September 21, 2021
Your Marriage God’s Way was an excellent read!! I would recommend this book for couples and those aspiring to be married. This book provides a biblical perspective on marriage and is supported with scriptures. The scriptures are broken down to provide a better understand of the Word and promote God’s heart for marriage. Scott poured aspects of his life into this book to help others to succeed in marriage or simply improve.

Profile Image for Malgorzata.
147 reviews2 followers
September 26, 2021
I enjoy reading "Your Marriage God's Way". It shows how marriage should be functioning from the God's perspective. It encourage men to be godly husbands and women to be godly wifes. Great help for engaged couples or newlywed but also good for couples which are longer in marriege. Workbook helps working out things which we can read in a book. In they way they would be better remembered and applied in life
1,167 reviews5 followers
June 29, 2018
I selected to review this book because as a Christian you always need some direction in your life and especially in your relationships. This book was very well written and I am blessed to have received the information in it.

July 4, 2018
Very thought provoking and really gets into the scripture and looking at your marriage. We all want to have joy in our relationships. We are all about pursuing each other and books like this help us to work on that and make sure we are refocusing on God in our marriage.

August 20, 2018
This workbook is amazing! Not only does it bring the book to life but it also demonstrates Scott's good understanding of relationships. Scott has done a lot of studying on what the Bible says about marriage and he applies it in the book and workbook. But additionally he helps explain how that works out practically in marriage.
In combination with the book this workbook will change your marriage!
803 reviews3 followers
February 28, 2019
This workbook is amazing. I love the way its set up. You have to read a bible passages, answer questions and just really delve into it. I have the book so it was just wonderful to have together as a set. Very helpful for me.

2 reviews
September 24, 2021
I really like this book. It points you and your spouse or future spouse towards Christ. The authors view of marriage is rooted and based on the Word of God. I really enjoyed the chapters on submission. I would recommend this book for everyone to have a better understanding of Christ centered marriages.
October 14, 2021
Your Marriage God's Way by Scott LaPierre is the best book on marriage I have ever read, and will give you a new perspective of what Biblical marriage is supposed to be, and what God has always wanted it to be. I absolutely recommend this book for anyone who are in a marriage or to anyone who are considering in getting married.
Profile Image for Jerah Alvarado.
188 reviews13 followers
June 26, 2022
An excellent tool to further examine one self and how they are toward their spouse. I loved the questions that prompt you to be honest with yourself which is the first step to work on your marriage. Seeing where you need improvement and God's help. The author probably could have gotten rid of most of the intro with a one or two-paragraph summary. Because of that I give it a 4 start.
Profile Image for Sherry Westendorf.
4,470 reviews19 followers
August 28, 2018
I loved it. I read the book and used this in conjunction with it. and it is so ensightful. It also opens your mind to things you hadn't realized before or needed to learn. I highly recommend it. I was given a review copy by AXP and voluntarily review it.
January 1, 2019
I was very disappointed in the marriage workbook. The perspective in the workbook was that any problems or differences in a marriage are the direct result of something a woman did and that the only way to "fix" it is for the woman to do better.
11.5k reviews51 followers
October 30, 2019
This is a workbook which you can work through with your partner to help keep a marriage alive and well. It will give you ideas of what to do and how to do it

9 reviews4 followers
September 24, 2021
If you have purchased the book, you will definitely want the workbook to accompany it. It is a wonderful resource which will help you to further strengthen your marriage. After being married over 50 years, we still found it extremely helpful. I highly recommend everything by this author.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 35 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.