Start by marking “Wicked Deceptions” as Want to Read:

Wicked Deceptions

Only the dead have seen the end of war.

As members of the Romanov family, Katerina and her brother have no choice but to flee from the Russian Revolution targeting them. While Saint Petersburg is ripped apart by the claws of war, their only hope of survival is to leave the country.

Thrust into the clutches of hardship and loss, Katerina thought things couldn’t get worse. How
Kindle Edition
Published December 15th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Wicked Deceptions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked Deceptions

Start your review of Wicked Deceptions
LaChelle Funk
Dec 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the story of Wicked Deceptions. The history of WWl and what Katarina had to go through to survive. Her hart break, revenge and love. I have always enjoyed Amy Cecil’s books and she did not disappoint.
Alison
Dec 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amy Cecil
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The Romanov family are royalty. Katerina has always been pampered and she has never wanted for anything until now. Katerina and her brother have no choice but to flee from the Russian Revolution that are targeting them. As St. Petersburg is being torn to pieces the only way they can have a chance at survival is to flee the country.

Now Katerina knows true hardship, and loss is a reality. Her brother has just been murdered in a horrible way and she is left with noth
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book... it had lots of twists, turns and surprises right from the beginning (which was so suspenseful and hopeful)...

it had dramatic and engaging storyline with a main character that keeps you reading and strong relationship building between the characters...

the historical backdrop lends itself to a really unique, realistic and original story that was sooo interesting. An unique way of writing that I haven't read before.

the attention to detail and descriptions of places an
Penny Riley
Dec 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing adventure through time! Amy Cecil continues to amaze with her interpretation of historical events. It is fast paced and has twists that you don’t see coming. I never hesitate to read any thing written by Amy Cecil she never leaves me disappointed with her writings. I highly recommended anything written by this talented creative lady.
Elaine
Dec 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm not an historical romance fan but Amy Cecil is the exception to that rule. Her writing always pulls me in sideways, upside down and backwards!!
I am absolutely in awe with Wicked Deceptions!
Sue
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It was a good historical romance set in WW1. Katerina is fleeing her old life and becomes a German spy in order to ruin Germany. We get to see her fall in love with one of her marks. I thought the book read more like a drama with a hint of romance. The plot carries the book and it was certainly interesting.

Rhonda Hicks
Dec 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Being a member of the Romanov royalty during the revolution in Russia meant Katerina and her brother had no choice but to flee for their lives. Unfortunately, her brother didn't make it and was brutally killed. Now Katerina must find a way to earn a living in order to have a roof over her head and food to eat. She has no trained skills that are practical in the working world except … she had no alternative but the oldest profession in the world until she was made an offer to become a spy. This ...more
Cathylynn
Dec 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Katerina and her brother flee St. Petersburg during the revolution. Her brother is murdered and she does what she has to in order to survive. Her pampered life as a royal is gone, her brother is gone, her family is gone. Life is hard and she is given an offer she cannot refuse. Life is still a hard but in a different way. This book was full of intrigue and suspense. I thought the characters were portrayed and the story flowed well. This book kept me wanting to read more and find out what will ha ...more
Stephanie N
Dec 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is written during the era of World War I. Katie is Russian Royalty, but ends up being a German spy after her family were murdered.
This book captures the readers attention from the very first page. The history is accurate, the characters are well developed, and the story flows without incidence.
I must say, Katie breaks my heart with what she must do to survive. This book is food for thought. What would you do to survive during a war?
Ms. Cecil writes a compelling historical fiction th
Buturot
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Amazing story from riches to rags and survival of an orphaned and alone Russian Princess. Time was during World War I, Germany invading/destroying people/countries. To survive and take revenge, she had worked in a brothel then became a spy. Her life was altered when she met an American officer.

At first, it was too unbearable to read. Then there was hope. I love the story but am not sure if I would like to read another story such as this anytime soon. Just too unbearable.

I received a free copy of
Lorely Gonzalez
Dec 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An intense riveting historical drama. Filled with intrigue, lies,and betrayers. Katerina once had a wealthy life descended from royalty. But, during the Russian Revolution she fled, losing it all. Know she will do things she never expected to do to survive.

Ann L
Dec 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Wow, the suspense was heavy and I was biting my nails as Katerina was navigating her way round as a spy for the Germans, I could say more but why spoil the enjoyment of finding out what an awesome and wonderfully written story this is.

Nancy George
Dec 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I am not usually a historical romance reader. But this book sucked me in and would not let me go. This is not a skip over kind of book. Very well written and emotion packed. Do not miss.
Sunni
Dec 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
This author knows how to make a page turning historical read. The story held my attention from start to finish and the characters were so vivid and it was very enjoyable to read.
Nate
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I got pulled right into this book. Loved it. I went through a roller coaster of emotions. I received a free copy of the book. And am voluntarily leaving my honest opinion.
Amy Cecil
Dec 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Ashley Simoneau

• The Vampire King's Christmas Bride
  • Reckless: A Forbidden, Mafia, Dark Romance
  • A Courtesan's Submission, Part 1: A Dark Historical Romance
  • Sugar Princess
  • The Fate of Crowns (The Fate of Crowns, #1)
  • Opulent Obsession: A Dark Secret Society Romance (Breaking Belles)
  • Under His Protection (The White Rose Trilogy Book 1)
  • Fallen
  • Taken By The Dragon (Once Upon A Fairy Tale Romance, #1)
  • Lovers' Meeting: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • Her Hitman
  • Pleasing the Pastor: Dirty Daddy and His Angel
  • Darcy's Runaway Bride: A Sweet "Pride & Prejudice" Variation
  • Get Closer (Working It In #1)
  • Deployed Overnight :Military Secret Baby Romance (Second Chance Series #8)
  • Relinquishing Control (The Dom's Invitation #2)
  • Winter Wedding: A Steamy Christmas Tale of Romance and Friendship (The Lover's Children Book 1)
  • Unbind

edit biographydelete
Biography
Amy Cecil is an award-winning Indie author of both historical and contemporary romance. Her penchant for Austen fan fiction, won her the title of Favorite Historical Romance Author (2016-2017) while her MC series has won several awards throughout the Indie community. Recently, she has expanded her repertoire to the thriller and erotic genres.

For as long as she can rem

News & Interviews