Start by marking “The Protector (Fire's Edge, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Protector (Fire's Edge, #4)

The Protector

(Fire's Edge #4)

The cousin of the High King, Lyndi Chandali has lived with the constant threat of being pawned off as a political prize. A rare, female-born dragon like Lyndi can’t truly mate—not in the way it counts. Which is why she's kept her distance from a certain sinfully delicious Beta. Instead, she's built a life for herself giving orphaned dragons in the Americas a home.

As Beta o
Expected publication: December 7th 2020 by Entangled Publishing LLC (Amara)

Win a Copy of This Book

The Protector

Release date: Dec 07, 2020
    Enter to win a digital copy of Abigail Owen's sexy new paranormal romance, THE PROTECTOR!

Format: Kindle book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 50 copies available, 437 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Nov 20 - Dec 06, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Protector, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Protector

Start your review of The Protector (Fire's Edge, #4)
    Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
    I got this ARC from Netgalley. I haven’t read any of the previous three books in this series but I have read the first two books in the Inferno rising series and plan to request the third. Those are also dragon shifter books. I really enjoyed those so I went for this one. I like a good story and steamy romance so I hope this one does the trick. *RTC

BLURB
    Abigail Owen
    Sep 21, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
    Coming December 7, 2020! This might just be my favorite of the series so far!

You’ve never met dragons quite like these! Return to the combustible world of Fire's Edge with Levi and Lyndi's story.

PREORDER:
    Dianne
    Nov 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Dragonfire-hot passions rage as a rare, female dragon goes against her better judgement and falls for the king’s powerful enforcer who has always been a fighter through and through. Levi knows there is something special and irresistible about Lyndi, but she fights his every advance for passion, but warrior that he is, he refuses to take no for an answer.

When Lyndi becomes a pawn in a vicious war, Levi knows he must either follow his king or follow his heart to claim his mate.

Abigail Owen’s THE
    Cindy ✩☽♔
    A quick, easy, sexy read.

We are already familiar with Levi and Lyndi from the previous books. So this book dives right in without much preamble or introduction, the other books in the series you might have been able to read without reading the others but this one you simply must. Otherwise, the relationship between our two main leads might feel a little rushed. And trust me it already moves pretty fast as is.

While I did enjoy this book, I do feel it would have been nice to see more flashbacks
    Wendy
    Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Abigail Owen's covers are just awesome! As soon as I open up Netgalley, my heart just skips a beat when I see one of Abigail's series on the page. Oh yeah. I do believe that the Brimstone Inc. is my favorite series (The Demigod complex, Shift Out of Luck, Bait 'N Witch and Try As I Smite), but I do appreciate the Inferno Rising series (The Rogue King, The Blood King and awaiting The Warrior King) and the spin-off Fire's Edge series. The Fire's Edge and Inferno Rising series have a lot more polit ...more
    Whispers From
    Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Lyndi is a female dragon shifter and raises orphan dragon shifters. A born female dragon can’t mate or become pregnant. Levi is also a dragon shifter and an enforcer. As soon as he saw Lyndi , several hundred years ago, he knew she was his mate. But convincing her is a whole different story. Then Levi is called back to his clan to help he King. When an alpha from another team says he is going to mate Lyndi and get rid of her orphans, they come up with a plan. She’s to head, with the boys , north ...more
    Nov 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
    ARC received for review

Lyndi and Levi have been fighting and fussing at each other for centuries. Underneath all the fighting has been a slow burn of attraction for both of them. Only when they think Levi has to leave, do they finally give in to that burn and realized they love each other. Levi delays and delays to help Lyndi and her orphans and the rest of the Huracan team. Loved Vislinn, he's a keeper. Levi has a lot of balls to talk to the new gold King, but in the end true love conquers all.
    Judi Soderberg
    Nov 24, 2020 marked it as to-read
    I have loved this series from the jump. Dragons in any form have always been a great love of mine, dragon shifters included. And after reading Abigail Owen's series', I love dragon shifters even more. Such depth of personality! Such vivid...colors! What's not to love?

Levi and Lyndi, the Huracan Enforcer's most awaited story, is told in Protector. And with those two, anything is possible. Anything. But they aren't the ones causing all the trouble in this book. No, Tineen and his Alaz Enforcers ar
    Amber
    Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    The Protector is a deeply heartfelt and life-altering journey of love finding you, overtaking you and never letting go. The power and intensity can invigorate if you welcome it in or drain you if you fight against it with every part of you. The push and pull can heal or it can destroy. Only you can decide which one you will choose. Always remember that fighting against the heart is always a losing battle.

Lyndi understands her lot in life. She knows what she can and can't have. As a female born d
    Patty
    Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Wow. Just wow! I am absolutely in awe!

Things for our dragon enforcement team are on rocky ground. Colonies think they are trouble and stealing mates. The Alaz enforcers have been turning against them under the guise of looking for Rune.

Lyndi is female born dragon. This means she can’t be a true mate. Or have children. She is nothing but a waste to the other males in the species. So she has pushed her dragon’s desire to have Levi. Her choice could be taken from her.

Levi has waited two hundred y
    Sydney M Neblett
    Times are changing
    What an absolutely fantastic story! I was so worried that Lyndi would be left out in the cold when the dust settled, but the author outdid herself with this tale of love and perseverance. I love how there were so many pivotal changes for the Huracan dragons. Each one caused me to hold my breath until the crisis was over while I anxiously continued reading to see what the next turn of the page would bring. This book made me fall in love with this group even more and I can’t wai
    Kel
    Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Infinitely amazing. Romance with themes of family, friendship and love. Levi is a loyal and protective dragon. Lyndi is reserved. Female dragons are not meant to mate but Levi wants Lyndi. They are threatened by formidable forces. Will they survive together? You will have to read the story to figure it out. This is a one sitting read.
    Karen Fisher
    Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    What a great book this is! The characters are so diverse and the world building is very good. It's also scorching hot with plenty or twists. Great ending! I highly recommend this book and the series. I received an advanced copy of this book and freely leave this honest review.
    Julie
    I’ve read all the previous books (and loved them) so I’m happy that we are going back to see the guys in this series. It’s on the same time line as her other series (Inferno Rising Series) so we get a few crossovers (again I’m a happy bunny)
    We get going with a blast from the past, we get to see how the clans are formed and how this team comes together....
    Dragons usually live in clans and mostly live with their own colour (we have six clans—gold, blue, white, red, black, and green, and only rece
    Teresa
    Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    **I received a copy of The Protector from Entangled Publishing and Net Galley in exchange for a voluntary and honest review. My opinions are my own and not solicited in any way**

The Protector by Abigail Owens is the fourth book in her Fire's Edge series I've read all of the books in order and highly recommend it as this picks up after The Enforcer ends. This is Lyndi and Levi's story to which I have to say Finally!! These two have been denying they are mates for over 200 years. One confession th
    Nikki Brooks
    Lyndi is one of the few female dragons. She never thought of having a fated mate of her own, her future would be decided by her cousin. As a female dragon, she was sterile and therefore only of use to her cousin in a political setting. She managed to distance herself from the clan and her cousin by moving to the USA with her brother Drake.

She then met Levi and she knew she had to distance herself from him as much as possible. She felt the draw to him but she knew she'd never survive if they got
    Kelly-Jo Sweeney
    I was torn between wanting to make this one last, to savour every little bit and just wanting to greedily read it and find out what was going to happen. You may notice that with the date of starting and finishing being the same, which one of these two won. Unfortunately, when it comes to the Fire's Edge series and the associated Inferno Rising series, I just can't help myself.
    Not only are these gripping reads, but I was particularly looking forward to Lyndi's story. It's been obvious in previou
    Danielle Bush
    This was another win for me by Abigail Owen. This is the fourth book in the fires edge series, but the first one I have read. However I have read both book in the inferno rising series and they take place in the same world so I didn't feel like I was missing anything.
    However since I loved this book, I will be going and reading the first three so I can soak up as much sexy dragons as possible.
    Levi and Lyndi both knew from almost the first moment they met that there was something between them. T
    Debra
    Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
    Dragons have lived among humans for thousands of years, but have kept their existence a secret. Lyndi is a rare female dragon (born, not turned as a mate) and as a cousin to the High King can only expect to be used as a political pawn since female dragons can't bare young. Instead, Lyndi has focused on being a Protector with her brother and a small band of other dragons, plus she has been gathering orphaned dragons, who otherwise would have been killed. Enter Levi, who decides that Lyndi will be ...more
    People call me kaki
    Maria Itliong
    Nov 02, 2019
    Kristy Moore
    Nov 03, 2019

• Wolf Untamed (SWAT Book 11)
    • Bane's Choice (Vampire Motorcycle Club, #1)
    • Deadly Past (Verona Bay #2)
    • Xavier (Vampires in America, #14)
    • Burning Ash (Forgotten Brotherhood #3)
    • Ancient Enemy (Ancients Rising #2)
    • Stealing His Bride
    • Chilled to the Cone (A Bakeshop Mystery #12)
    • Come Hard (Club Silken, #1)
    • The Bachelor Earl
    • A Scandalous Bargain (The Pretenders #2)
    • Distracted: Why Students Can't Focus and What You Can Do About It
    • Come Hot (Club Silken, #2)
    • Toy Soldier Christmas (A Christmas Creek Romance, #6)
    • Therian Prey (Therian Heat, #1)
    • Alien Scrooge: Holiday Starrs
    • Christmas Embrace: An Immortals of New Orleans Novella
    • Animal Attraction (Kindred Souls #2)
    Do you love plots that move hot and fast, feisty heroines with sass, heroes with heart, a dash of snark, and oodles of HEAs? You do?!?! Welcome!

Abigail Owen is a multi-award-winning author of paranormal romance and upper YA/new adult fantasy romance. Other favorite titles include wife, mother, Star Wars geek, ex-competitive skydiver, spreadsheet lover, Dr. Seuss quoter, eMBA, organizational guru,

Fire's Edge (4 books)
    • The Boss (Fire's Edge, #1)
    • The Rookie (Fire's Edge, #2)
    • The Enforcer (Fire’s Edge, #3)

News & Interviews