Start by marking “(Not) The Boss of Me” as Want to Read:
(Not) The Boss of Me

(Not) The Boss of Me

We all have a list of our dream man’s ideal qualities – even if it’s just in our head.
And okay, mine might be written in swirly script, laminated, and used as a bookmark for my favorite Jane Austen novel.
You know what’s NOT on my list? Arrogant. Impatient. Distractingly sexy. I
Published November 17th 2020

To ask other readers questions about (Not) The Boss of Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about (Not) The Boss of Me

Start your review of (Not) The Boss of Me
lowkeyreader
Nov 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun rom-com that I really enjoyed. It is full of sassy and witty banter that just makes you laugh throughout. But there are also a few emotional moments. Blake and Winona are such a fun couple. They will not bore you. This is very well-written too!
Darcy
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not the Boss of Me is a quirky, fun romance featuring Blake and Winona. Blake is a workaholic, never without his planner, CEO, who is trying to fulfill his father's dreams no matter the cost. Winona is a transplanted Georgia peach, who wants to make it in the fashion world. There is plenty of humor to keep your interest in their love/hate relationship. It started to drag a little towards the middle, but well worth staying until the end.
Gladys
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was my first read by this author and I enjoyed it. I thought the book was well written and offered up a very funny and swoon worthy story. Blake and Winona have incredible chemistry and boy, oh boy do the sparks fly! What starts out as some zany oops moments quickly steamrolls into a laugh until your sides hurt, melt your heart romance that was a true delight!! This is my freely posted, objective review.
Ellie
Nov 22, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Lynn Powers
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Winona, 25, had moved from Georgia to New York City for a job in fashion but was working part time jobs. She had several hilarious interactions with a supervisor at a nearby construction site and she referred to him as Dickweasal. After a disastrous job interview, she ended up getting a job as a personal shopper at a store owned by Blake, aka Dickweasal. Winona and Blake are attracted to each other but Blake doesn’t want her around as a temptation since he has many important business deals going ...more
Judith
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished-reading
Engaging, charming and very very funny. There is nothing I like more than a good laugh. I love witty, intelligent, warm humour, which this book has plenty of. I couldn't put this book down, so decided to read the remaining of the chapter in bed. That was a mistake, as I laughed with my hand in front of my mouth and was shaking the bed so hard that my husband woke up. The characters, all of them were so easy to imagine, as the author described them so precisely. Winona, a fearless, feisty and sas ...more
Antonella - Happy Girl
Such wonderful and crazy love!
by Happy-Girl

I started reading this book, and I couldn't let it go until the end!! I read till 4 a.m.!
A lot of laughs and smiles and heartwarming moments! I loved Winona and Blake's interaction, they're so different, but they understand each other very well.
I think every girl would feel like Winona, a bit clumsy but in a charming way. And every girl would love to get the attention of a handsome, grumpy billionaire!
I loved both the characters: Winona so sunny and sm
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received a free ARC copy of this book from the author prior to release and am voluntarily leaving a review.

" This was a fun story with a great hate to employee to falling for each other romance. It stars Blake who is a HUGE jerk to Winona. They meet one morning and form a very bad relationship and then she ends up working for his company. Blake is a jerk but a jerk who everyone thinks is a jerk. He is really a jerk because he is trying to make things happen for his deceased father and lets say
Floraljoy
Querky and cute:
What a great book. I really enjoyed the wit and humour and loved getting to know this motley crew of characters. The author was able to give a small town feel to a large city, billionaire romance.
Winona was hilarious and I enjoyed her feisty yet caring and generous nature. Blake meanwhile was the rather cold and ruthless owner of a large, high end department store. He was arrogant and a serious workaholic but I couldn't help having a soft spot for him as deep down he really was j
Emily Pennington
Shelves: reviewed
After the humiliation of the boss she has crushed on for 10 years getting married to another woman, Serena is not ready to think about love again. Expecting to lose her job over this embarrassment, her boss and wife gift her the opportunity to be matched by Yolanda’s exclusive matchmaking service.

Country music singer Frank Sands needs to find love so he can feel inspired to write music again. But he doesn’t want to be matched to someone who recognizes his fame and doesn’t want him for himself.
BB
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5- skimming required

What can I say. Some weak sauce. At first, Blake and Winona seem to have chemistry, it seemed like there was world/character development going to happen and then. Well. It came grinding to a halt.

It felt like a lot of it was written to avoid contradicting the way Blake was initially described. Including his knee jerk tantrum/melt downs. It didn't fit him anymore, but it was obvious there wasn't going to be any of the hinted at development.

He tantrums once, grovels, and the
Faith89
Nov 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Considerate. Loves dogs. Walks old ladies across the street. Loves me no matter what I look like. All the things Winona want on her true love. All things Blake Hudson is not. Yet she can’t stop thinking about him. He is rude, spoiled and class A jerk. She is messy, chaotic and snarky. All things the Blake can’t have in a relationship right now. Yet she is always on his mind, messing up his previous streamlined time. Opposites attract on the grumpy hero bs lovable heroine tale. They have a love h ...more
Audrey
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This mades me laugh nongstop... Bravo to the author for this jewel.. This book is fantastic.

The couple had a hate-love relationship but it evolved but not to fast either... That banter that they had between them was amazing. Even near the end the banter didn't change. The chemistry of all the characters was on point.

What you don't expect is that all characters were beautifully written not only the main. I loved each and every one of them from Tamara to Edna... I was hoping for a second book fr
Rachael
Winona and Blake

Blake is a wealthy CEO trying to make all his deceased father’s business dreams come true and loses the joy of actually living along the way....Until he comes across feisty, no filter, gorgeous Winona. She makes him see the fun and light in life. Winona is trying to break into the fashion industry and has been given the opportunity to work at department store conglomerate Hudson’s... she isn’t too fond of cold hearted, throw money at problems Blake. Their chemistry is amazing, l
Tracie Rogers
Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Winona is trying to make it in New York. She has a job interview at Hudson's and is just wanting a bit of sleep but, No the construction crew next door. On a mission to get them to quiet down she stomps over there and argues with the man in the suit. Little does she know he will be her new boss at Hudson's. Hes over here helping his friend Nico. Blake and Winona clash at every turn but what starts out as rivalry might just turn into love. What a great book with amazing characters and so many lau ...more
S I
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this story, it’s obvious the man unconsciously wins the girl even if she doesn’t want him to, but she can’t help it. In some scenarios, the thing or person you say you want less can sometimes mean the opposite, as in, means you want more. Regardless, I loved the story. 5 out of 5, would recommend.
This story was funny and you don’t want to get on the bad side of Winona and Blake will always make sure he has time for his love.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
This amazing story draws you in from page one and have you laughing all the way to the last one. Blake and Winona are total opposites that are drawn to each other and when she creates havoc by sending his ex presents giving her the wrong impression of his attentions, he ups the ante by creating a to do list she has to complete. The sparks fly and the banter between the two will keep you glued to their drama!

Tammy
Nov 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enemies to lovers not exactly. She makes a mistake and winds up at his beckon call. Work alcoholic meets a personal shopper who thinks very low of him, She messes up really bad and now is at his calling. She does her job well maybe to well because the flirting that was meant to get the attention of his ex now has her thinking of him in a new light, while he has thoughts of her filling her day and night.. Fun and humorous, fantastic read to take you out of todays reality and into the world of the ...more
Pansy
Nov 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining

I don't believe I have read this author before, but I am very glad I found her. This story is a surprisingly good rom-com. I decided I should read it since it seemed to be showing up everywhere. Seemed the best possible way to get it off my lists. Turned out to be a wonderful escape. Yes, it is a rom-com, but it also has depth. Wonderfully well rounded, quirky - even flawed - characters. A breathtaking roller-coaster romance. Family drama. An all round entertaining story that I coul
Emily Pennington
Shelves: reviewed
This was a cute, well-written story with sizzling chemistry and humor to draw this reader eagerly into the story line! Blake Hudson and Winona Jeffers begin with hostilities but end up with some craziness that morphs into laughter. He may not have made her “dream man” list, but he turned out to be just what she needed.

Grab your copy and laugh through Winona's "mistakes" that take her into the best thing that ever happened to her.
Samantha
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC from the author thru Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving my review. There is a thin line between love and hate. Blake and Winona bounced back and forth across that line. Neither measure up to each others lists but the chemistry between them is off the charts. I enjoyed their story that was filled with humor, lust and love.

Maja
Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first read from this author. Winona and Blane were amazing. I absolutely loved them. I loved the dual, first person point of view, which is always a deal breaker for me. I really loved this story and if you love the banter where the characters are driving each other crazy (in a good way, of course) this one is perfect. 5 stars.

Anna  M_82
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has everything: laughter, romance, steam, a little drama, a lot of fun! Winona and Blake are a new favorite couple for me! The way that they first interact is hilarious and then she gets a job at his company. I love Winona’s sass and spunk and I love how Blake totally grows on you. This was my first Kenzie Reed novel, but it won’t be my last!!

Bookaddict
Fun to read!
This was a very good rom-com. With some twists, some drama, and a lot of laughter.
And I love Winona, a lot! Blake not quite so much, or not all the time, becouse is really a jerk.
But it was a book worth read it!

Melissa
Shelves: booksprout
A cute opposite-attract romantic comedy that's well-written, has witty banter, chemistry, and an absolute re-read book.
Blake is a workaholic CEO and Winona is the personal shopper that has a mile-long to-do list after an innocent mistake.

Misty Goan
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A terrific fun enjoyable well written story. This engaging storyline has hate at first sight with a twist, romance, snark and laugh out loud interactions in a heartwarming romance.  The characters are well developed with undeniable attraction and chemistry with great supporting characters . I voluntarily read and reviewed this ARC.
Deb
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adored this book. The author crafted characters who were funny and relatable. I loved her character so much - sassy yet kind. He was the perfect foil and their interactions were hilarious. The supporting cast of characters added a bit of spice to the story as well.

S I
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily
Katherine Evans
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charming and witty

Full of laughter and charm...this is a very witty New York meets Southern sweet and sass story. I thoroughly enjoyed it and spent all night reading instead of sleeping! A new favorite!
Ajay
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well what I can say about this book....this book made me realise that what is actuall 5 star book...this book hav all good writing...no predictable plot and not depressing ...its a fun book any1 should read it for pick me up time

• Mr. Grumpy Boss (Alphalicious Billionaires Boss #1)
  • Office Grump: An Enemies to Lovers Romance
  • A Very Bossy Christmas
  • See Me After Class
  • How To Wife Your Nanny
  • My (Mostly) Fake Wedding (My Mostly Funny Romance #2)
  • My Big Fat Fake Honeymoon
  • The Rule Breaker
  • Big Man's Bride (Big Men Small Towns #1)
  • My Smalltown C.E.O. Scrooge
  • My (Mostly) Temporary Nanny (My Mostly Funny Romance #3)
  • Return To Sender (The Hart Brothers, #2)
  • Single Dad Seeks Juliet: A Feel-Great Romantic Comedy
  • Return Billionaire to Sender (Billionaires of Manhattan #5)
  • Blitz (Blast Brothers, #3)
  • Mister Baby Daddy (Bad Boys in Love #3)
  • Pretty When She Cries (Black Mountain Academy)