Start by marking “Juggling for the Complete Klutz” as Want to Read:
Juggling for the Complete Klutz

Juggling for the Complete Klutz

These are the world's most user-tested juggling directions, taking readers from the absolute beginning (Step One: The Drop) all the way to Five-Object Juggling. The instructions are friendly, humorous and so understandable they set a still-current industry standard for anyone-can-do-it clarity.
Published June 1st 1994 by Klutz Press (first published July 12th 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Juggling for the Complete Klutz, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Juggling for the Complete Klutz

Peter Jones
May 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I've been juggling on and off for many years.. and this is the book that got me started. In several short, easy lessons, this book should have you juggling (more or less), in under 15 minutes. It won't however tell you how to stop.
If this book is out of print, or not available on Amazon, it really is worth hunting down elsewhere. Get it from the States if you have to.

Comes complete with 3 juggling bean bags.
Siarra
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute and funny with straightforward instructions and illustrations.
Ellen Winters
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is how I learned how to juggle
Martin
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I was about 12 or 13, this book set me on a path...I certainly didn’t know it at the time, but it influenced my life in a fairly substantial way.
Josiah
Dec 02, 2009 rated it it was ok
I think that I would give this book two and a half stars.

One of the things about The Klutz Book of Juggling that stands out most saliently in my mind is the surprisingly spare technical Juggling advice in its pages. All of the other beginning Juggling manuals that I've read put a definite emphasis on eventually teaching fairly advanced technique, presumably with the hope that the reader will be able to learn from the book for a long time after achieving the basic Three-Ball Cascade. John Cassi
Kathleen Garber
This is actually the 30th Anniversary edition of Juggling for the Complete Klutz. It comes with three Juggling beanbag squares and a small book of information.

You'll find some good information in this book, not only on how to do the moves but also some information on how your brain gets confused when you are learning juggling.

After you learn the basics, you'll find information on juggling with more than one person, juggling with other objects, circle juggling and a few other fun ideas.

Since this
George Deoso
Nov 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have three weird dreams in my life: to be a waiter, a juggler, and a writer.

When I saw this book in a bargain store, I remember my heart beating swiftly at the sight of it. After I bought it, I was thinking, "I'm gonna be the world's greatest juggler!"

The copy I bought did not have any bean bags because it is a second hand book. So I used my black socks and formed into a doughnut- like shape (which made my juggling harder because it bounces to much).

Learned a lot from the book overnight and I
RØB
Feb 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People that wanna learn to juggle. Duh!
Recommended to RØB by: America
Quick reading and very informative for anyone wishing to learn juggling. I had the beanbags that come with this book for years, but never had the book 'til recently. In addition to the requisite information on how to juggle with three objects, it goes into juggling four or five objects, including clubs, two-person juggling, and more. Plenty of tips and goofy drawings and a great sense of humor. Juggling is all about tons of practice...I think even the most un-coordinated people could do it (as d ...more
Jorn
Mar 19, 2008 rated it really liked it
If you think you might want to learn to juggle, there is NO better book in the world. The pictures are clear and easy to follow, and the writing is helpful and funny. The accompanying juggling balls are perfectly sized and weighted, and easy to grab out of the air. Seriously, this is a damn good book. If you read this and you actually want to enough to put the effort in, you'll have no problem learning to juggle.
Tip
Feb 09, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tip by: Anyone that wants to learn to juggle.
This was the book that first taught me how to juggle. I bought it at a school book fair when I was in junior high. It came in a package with three bean bags that I first started practicing with. Its a fun book. Not the most technical and was easy enough for me to understand back then. It has a few illustrations to help. It will teach you a few things but doesn't go into to many advanced patterns. Just enough to start you off on your juggling hobby. A good beginner book thats a lot of fun.
Honeythief
Jul 05, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Would-be jugglers and anyone who wants to run away and join the circus
I received this book from a friend as a 21st birthday gift. I was revising for my degree finals at the time, and going out into the backyard of our student house and practicing my juggling just about saved my sanity.

Juggling's great fun, and not nearly as hard as it looks, especially with this book to guide you.
Dave Peticolas
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it

Ah, memories. I think this book presaged the "... for Dummies" series. This one came with three bean bags and features illustrations of a hippy and his sentient mouse friend. The hippy is learning to juggle, while the mouse merely watches in bemusement.

This book did help me; after innumerable tries I did finally learn to juggle, at least in a very basic way.

Robert Owens
Jan 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, how-to, toys
One of my life goals was to learn how to juggle. In 1995, I had occasion to learn, much by accident. Soon after, I purchased this book to extend my ability. I never really extended my skills; I am competent with three balls, but nothing further.

Nevertheless, this book is entertaining and demonstrates what one needs to do to accomplish certain juggling moves.
Yisroel
Jan 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
When I was around ten years old, my 65 year old grandfather and I both taught ourselves how to juggle using this book exclusively. It breaks down the necessary steps to master in a very clear way. It has no bells and whistles, just the text and basic illustrations. The included beanbags are great. I also highly recommend the dubé beanbags, google them!
Allan
Feb 22, 2012 added it
In lieu of a review, a confession: I've had this book in my house since the day it was published – 14 years ago! – and I still can't juggle! I cannot really blame the instruction in the book, humorous and succinct as it is – I must be the Ultimate Klutz!
Patrick O'Grady
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My Aunt gave me this book when I was 11 years old and I learned how to juggle with it! I guess what I'm saying is that if you want your nephews to love you in the future, this book makes a great gift.
Dane Cobain
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
I happened to spot this in a charity shop at just the time that I decided to learn to juggle. It turned out to be surprisingly good – full of useful tips and illustrations, as well as a bunch of activities for you to do to improve your juggling skills.

Allan
Sep 23, 2008 added it
In lieu of a review, a confession: I've had this book in my house since the day it was published 14 years ago! and I still can't juggle! I cannot really blame the instruction in the book, humorous and succinct as it is I must be the Ultimate Klutz! ...more
David Anthony
Aug 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
You'll get what you put in. Anyone with arms or extraordinary feet can learn to juggle.
Charles David
Jun 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
My juggling skills began with this book. Thank you John Cassidy.
Kara
Jan 17, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, amusing and practical book for an introduction to juggling. It comes with three balls to practice your juggling skills. Offers sensible advice in a witty and engaging manner. Good choice.
Janice
Sep 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
Juggling for the Complete Klutz by John Cassidy (1994)
Kevin
Jul 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Taught me how to juggle like a clown.
Mark
Mar 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: personal-library
This is how I learned to juggle.
Shrimp
Jun 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable and concise book that taught me how to juggle. Now if I can only get good at it...
Dominique Jones
Apr 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pretty crafty juggling book. I know how to juggle already, but it gives me some helpful tips on how to help teach the kids that I work with.
Truthcansuck Goring
Oct 26, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: contemporary
Everyone should know how to juggle. This is the only book I've ever read that helped people learn how.

Severa
May 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
I learned how to juggle in one day with this book!
Patrick
Jun 14, 2008 rated it it was ok
Once you master how to juggle 2 balls, 3 is a walk in the park.
Scott Hayden
Oct 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hobby
FUN!

• Stars: A Guide to the Constellations, Sun, Moon, Planets, and Other Features of the Heavens
  • Dave Barry's Guide to Marriage and/or Sex
  • The Voice That is Great Within Us: American Poetry of the Twentieth Century
  • Modern Coin Magic
  • Homegoing
  • The Descent of Anansi
  • The Simple Solution to Rubik's Cube
  • Werewolf: The Apocalypse
  • Son of Fletch (Fletch, #10)
  • The Cat Owner's Manual: Operating Instructions, Troubleshooting Tips, and Advice on Lifetime Maintenance (Owner's and Instruction Manual)
  • Artifact of Evil (Greyhawk Adventures, #2)
  • Murder in Vegas: New Crime Tales of Gambling and Desperation
  • The Official Boy Scout Handbook
  • U.S.S. Enterprise Ncc-1701-D Blueprints: Star Trek : The Next Generation (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
  • Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic