Start by marking “Wolf Shunned (The Alpha Queen Legacy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wolf Shunned (The Alpha Queen Legacy, #1)

Wolf Shunned

(The Alpha Queen Legacy #1)

It’s amazing to be a dominant wolf… if you’re male.

When you’re a nineteen year-old girl who can beat the crap out of every wolf in your pack, suddenly it’s not so great. Love isn’t everything, I know; but even the most powerful she-wolf submits to her mate. If you can’t be dominated, you can’t be mated.

And an unmated wolf has no place in the pack.

My one hope is the clan ga
Published January 6th 2021 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Wolf Shunned, please sign up.
Laurel Night I've planned four books with this series. There will be also another series that takes place in the same world coming later in the year. …moreI've planned four books with this series. There will be also another series that takes place in the same world coming later in the year. (less)

Start your review of Wolf Shunned (The Alpha Queen Legacy, #1)
Katie
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! Just finished reading this story and just wow. Story had me hooked right in the beginning. Love Kaliya. Finally a strong female main character. I’m hooked on this story. Like I need to know what is going to happen next. This is a slow burn story so just a heads up. But the storyline itself is freaking phenomenal. So I’ll take the slow burn. Seriously read this one. You will absolutely love this story. Oh and love Stig and Emory. Cannot wait for next book!!
Carli Liles
Shelves: reverse-harem
Pacing: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Editing/Proofreading: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
World-building: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Creativity/Entertainment: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Character Growth: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ (See below)
Heat Level: 🔥🔥 (medium burn)

This is the first book in a reverse harem (#whychoose) paranormal romance series. 💗🐺As the FIRST book in the series, I don't look for a lot of character growth. That's not what book 1 is about. The first book is meant to introduce... everything, the characters, world, problem/conflict, antagonists, etc. And this book does a beautiful job with t
Missy Brown
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Okay so if you like strong female leads that kick a@@, I found the book for you.

So much was good about this book, not only was this a strong first book. Like it literally catches your attention from the start and does not let go. Second it has such a strong female lead, and the wolf packs were so damn interesting. This is like a call for all the women out there that are tough and know it.

This is one book I would highly recommend and I cannot wait to see what happens next.
Carol Rupprecht
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness. I don't know what to say about this book. It was well worth the wait and everything I ever hoped it would be! Although I'm not always a huge fan of slow burn books--and this definitely is a slow burn--this one was so unbelievably good. It drags everything out in the most tempting of ways. There is definitely more action than anything else at the current moment in the story, but I doubt you'll get bored with the storyline. There also wasn't that constant feeling of being on the ed ...more
Katheyer
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
“Wolf Shunned” marks the start in “The Alpha Queen Legacy” a new slow-burn paranormal why choose romance series by Laurel Night.

Kaliya (MC) is a nineteen-year-old girl living in a world dominated by males, the ways of the wolf-pack are clear, males dominate, females submit. Kaliya is a force of nature, who can beat the crap out of any and every wolf in the pack, which makes her unsuited to be mated in a world were unmated wolfs get banned from the security of the pack. Fortunately for her, ther
Beth
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed, own-read
I really loved this first book in Laurel Night's new world. It kind of reminds me of a zombie apocalypse, but with wolf shifters and blood drinkers. So maybe a vampire apocalypse? The world building was spot on. Night does an excellent job of slowly building this new world for you as you move further into the story. It isn't all thrown in your face in the first 3 chapters, it's a slow unveiling of the depth and complexity that makes up this new world. Kaliya, Emory, Taika, Mateo, Rowan, and Stig ...more
Megan
Dec 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story, along with the detail put into telling it, had me hooked from the very start. The story pulled me and had me wondering what was going to happen next. You find yourself rooting for Kaliya the entire time, as she is is kickass heroine. I love a story that has a strong female lead, and she is definitely that. Each of the men that she encounters feels unique in their own way, which leaves you eager to know more about them and their own stories. The world building is great as well, not fe ...more
Amber
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oh, the suspense!

I am a sucker for strong female lead, and love some alpha, dominant males in the harem, but I am huuugggeee fan of having a submissive male in the mix! I am so excited to see this harem form and grow and kick some serious wraith butt! Kaliya is a contender for the most dominant wolf ever..which is a problem when she finds that no male can get her to submit in the late challenge. Normally, this wouldn’t be a big deal, right? Girl power and all that. Except!! If you don’t mate bef
RJ Sam
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Amelie
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This. This book is everything I've wanted in a RH since I got into the genre. No insta love, no clumsy women who are somehow capable of fighting when needed, no shallow, 2D men, and a plot that actually makes sense! Kaliya is someone I needed when I was younger, as an unconfident, unsure of myself teen. She's fierce, determined, opinionated and yet so loving and caring to those close to her.

I'm such a huge fan of slow burn books (looking at you Annette Marie 😍😍) and this is no exception. Laurel
Kylie
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I had high hopes for Wolf Sunned and let me tell you, I was not disappointed! It blew my expectations and I absolutely loved every sentence. If you love slow burn RH with Shifters, this is a book for you!

Kaliya is a warrior from the Central Pack who is more dominant then all the males that surround her daily. The Pack think she is a freak of nature, they resent and loathe her. The only person she has in her life is Emory her best friend. They both only have a couple of months to mate, if they c
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
I don't know why authors write books that go nowhere. I know writing a serial is hard and you want to make some money , just don't bore the people that you want to buy the subsequent books.

This book went nowhere. The heroine is a alpha female and needs a mate because in this werewolf kingdom they are all for mating and breeding. If a man/woman cannot find a mate and breed they are cast out of the pack. The woman has to submit to the man strong enough to dominate her.

Unfortunately our heroine is
Chrissy
A Strong Alpha Female

I’d probably give this book 4.5 ⭐️ if I could.

Kaliya is a warrior. She’s faced down more wraiths than she can count. She is a captain for her Alpha and is more dominant than all the females and probably all of the males in her clan. Clan rules dictate that all wolves must be mated by age 20 or they are thrown out of the clan. Their species is endangered by the constant threat of the wraiths and shifters don’t live long healthy lives unless they are very lucky, which is why
JaneAnneDoe
Dec 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
***Disclaimer: This is an ARC Giveaway, however, this opinion is entirely my own and is in no way influenced by the author.***

Writing - 5 stars

I like Night's writing style in this series. She uses her words to create a certain atmosphere that fits with the world-building in a way that wasn't annoying or overdone. Her writing built up the tension well, and she used certain language to demonstrate and differentiate her characters' personalities. I did find a few info-dumps, but they weren't too b
Nikki Wesley
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Laurel Night is a new to me author, but as soon as I saw the cover and blurb for this new series, I knew I needed to be a part of it. So the stalking commenced and here we are!

This book is just so good. I’ve been on an enemies to lovers full of pure smut kick for a while now, so this was a nice change of pace. Kaliya is the FMC living in a world dominated by males.. only her Wolf is stronger than most males and refuses to be dominated by any one.

This book is the perfect start to a new series. It
Sassafrack
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 It’s been a while since I read anything remotely epic fantasy, and this definitely leant that way. The world building was fantastic and rich, and I felt myself fall into the details. A friend of mine once said that she found it tiring to remember everything in fantasy books, but I love how it lets my imagination stretch. It definitely made me forget my usual hesitation for a slowburn romance, there was just too much going on, I wasn’t waiting for anything.

Wolf Shunned has everything. A stro
Stephenie Bacigalupi
Dec 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's not very often I go through a book without having at least tiny nit picks at the plot. This however kept me ensnared from the very first page. The whole book takes place over the course of mainly about a month or so, but instead of feeling like it dragged on with unnecessary details, I felt like Laurel made a great balance of action, background/ story development, and basic character development of Kali.

All throughout the book you get to see a kickass female warrior wade her way through pr
Paige Aurora Riley
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Laurel Night has created a story that reels you in from the second you start.
A fierce emotionally charged female MC who keeps that emotion well controlled beneath the surface but not in a shallow or heartless way.. She Pines for a connection the only friendship she has ever known and a forbidden love she can't have, yet fights for a future with possible mates in which love has no hand in.. survival of her kind is all that matters..

In a harsh world run by bloodsucking wraiths choices for survival
Nat Navarro
⭐ Phenomenal ⭐
I just recently found Laurel, this is the first book of hers I have read; as soon as I saw the cover and read the blurb, I knew this book was for me and oh boy what an amazing surprise!!! 🤩
This is an original take on the source of the wolf shifters race, with a mysterious and captivating plot and hot, awesome MC, that will keep you glued to your sit, reading non-stop, wanting to know more, but afraid to get to the last page!!! #ineedmore 😍
Kaliya's awesomeness is so damn fantastic,
Cheryl Sedman
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a read!!! I finished this book within a few hours as I was unable to put it down. The character Kaliya is so strong and her friendship with Emory is so sweet that you just want them together. But with her being so dominant In the eyes of pack laws they are unable to be together.
So once they arrive at the fortress for the events we see so much happen. When she meets four hot handsome men two of which she finds out are Alphas. She gets to know them all in hopes they will challenge for he
Samantha Smith
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Where to start? Kaliya is the fmc I have been wanting for some time. She is strong but caring and nice to others, an outcast but needed by her clan. The boys are so different from a giant teddy bear to a suave southerner, a gruff alpha to a calm warrior. I love all of them and full heartedly cannot wait for more.

Kaliya is loveable and relatable. She may be strong willed and a seasoned warrior but in the grand scheme of social situations? Absolutely unaware of what is happening. Throw in some hot
Becky Snaith
I need more!!!
Wolf Shunned is an awesome start to a new series, featuring one bada$$ female wolf. Being way more dominate than everyone in her pack has been rough on our h. She has to be mated by the time she is 20 or face being kicked out of her pack. Since her wolf is not going to go for anyone below her dominance it's making it pretty tough. In this first book all of the wolf clans are getting together for their 5 year reunion of sorts to establish hierarchy changes and choose mates. Drama en
Val Cohen
Jan 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
A great way to get to know the characters

At times it was unfortunate that the biggest focus of the book was mating. BUT... it allowed us to get to know each of the Alphas, Betas, Emory, and Kariya better.

This story does not end in a cliffhanger, but it does end with the promise of the adventure to come.It leaves you pondering how the dynamic between all the wolves will change.

While the story isn't about Warren, I wish we got to see a little more of him. He wasn't as close to Kaliya as Emory but
Kris
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is everything I’ve been looking for in a wolf shifter series.

I loved that Kailya wasn’t just a female alpha but is THE alpha. It was incredibly refreshing to see a female beat the males for once. Not only does she know who she is but she never loses faith in herself. She doesn’t back and doesn’t let any man dominant her.

The men were equally refreshing. Not only are they ok with her being too dog (pun intended 😜) but they’re turned on by being less dominant then her.

Everything about
Nicole Hale
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I am a newbie by this author and I have been waiting for this release since I first saw the blurb and pre order! And it’s finally here.

❗️Wolf shifters❗️BAD A** FMC❗️Hot as sin alpha males❗️Slow Burn Reverse Harem❗️Multiple POV’S❗️

I was absolutely hooked from page 1. I was sucked right into this storyline and I didn’t stop till the last page. I have been having a hard time finding books that have not just romance but also has an amazing storyline that grabs your attention and you never want it t
Crystal Benton
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I usually don't read books about shifters but this book easily caught my attention and held it throughout the books. The FMC is independent, extremely strong and badass. She also isn't overly emotional so she isn't swooned very easily. The love interests are incredibly interesting and they are all very different and unique. So I'm interested to see how the story plays out in the next book when it comes to their relationship with the FMC and also with each other. There is also an air of mystery t ...more
Book Bug
Dec 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this introduction to Kaliya and the Alpha Queen world. Kaliya is a dominant wolf shifter who has beaten all the males in her pack and cannot mate unless her Wolf submits to a male. Because of her dominance, she is an outcast in her pack. I absolutely loved this kick butt female who knew her power but you could also see how that had taken a toll on her. She was so believable and easy to cheer.

I loved the male characters (Emory is mine!!) and cannot wait to see how this story fu
Sweet and Salty Reviews by DD
Geez! I have been processing my feelings about this read sense yesterday afternoon. This is one I am very torn about. I want to give it a 4 but it doesn't quite meat the requirements most of my 4s do, yet a 3 seems to low. I'll just get on with my thoughts....

Kali is definitely top 10 toughest FMCs I have read to date. I love a smart strong FMC for some reason I just can not get into the helpless princess storylines. Kali by FAR is not helpless. This is a wolf who has not met her match. There is
Mary
Mar 30, 2021 rated it did not like it
A book for women who hate women

Do you want to read a futuristic supernatural book where women are AGAIN at the bottom of the totem pole? Do you want the romantic interests to refer to women as b*tches, and talk about “laying them flat on their backs“ all the time? Or refer to all women besides the protagonist as bland? If you hate women, or maybe just have a strong degradation/breeder k*nk, this is the book for you!
This book essentially has ONE strong woman, and the only other two women mentione
BookExpression
Shelves: favorites
Couple of words: OH.MY.DAMN

Okay now that is out of my system, I very rarely find books where the main character hypes me up as I'm reading. Kaliya is headstrong and a self-assured woman who I was rooting for the entire time and saying hell to the men(Hugs to my man Stig).

Wolf Shunned follows Kaliya, a wolf shifter who, for lack of a better term, beats up every dominate male shifter in her pack. Which I am all for by the way!

I could not devour this book fast enough as I read all of it in just a
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Moon Kissed (The Marked Wolf, #1)
  • Birthright (Mercenary Queen #1)
  • The Claiming by Amarli Wolfe (The Centrum Trilogy, #2)
  • Blood Moon (Noc City, #2)
  • The Fifth Horseman (Horseman’s Harem Saga #1)
  • The Rejection of Amarli Wolfe (The Centrum Trilogy, #1)
  • Power and Pentad: Part One (Shadows and Shade, #5)
  • The (Not) Cursed Dragon (Deadly Dragons Duet, #1)
  • Fake (Madison Kate, #3)
  • Her Dark Moon (House of Wolves and Magic, #1)
  • Bloody Rosary Academy: Year Two (The Supernatural Vampire Fae Chronicles #2)
  • Broke Down (My Over the Top Possessive Alpha Harem, #1)
  • Blood Bound (The Veil Keeper #2)
  • Sleepless Beauties (The Vampires Vendetta, #1)
  • Cardinal Rose (The Cardinal #5)
  • The Rowan (The Killian Blade, #1)
  • Drake's Flame (The Fae Dragon's Harem, #1)
  • Blood Bound (Blood Mafia, #3)
Hi! I'm Laurel, I love all things fantasy, magic, and sci-fi, so you may find that my books have surprising twists that you didn't see coming.

The Mortal Heat Series (complete) is an urban fantasy romance with a surprising, sci-fi twist to the legend of vampires

The Alpha Queen Legacy (complete) is a fantasy/dystopian RH romance.

The Vikings & Vengeance Series will launch November 3rd featuring venge

The Alpha Queen Legacy (4 books)
  • Pack Claimed (The Alpha Queen Legacy, #2)
  • Queen Crowned (The Alpha Queen Legacy, #3)
  • Legacy Fulfilled (The Alpha Queen Legacy, #4)

News & Interviews

Mateo Askaripour is a Brooklyn-based writer whose first novel, Black Buck—which Colson Whitehead calls a “mesmerizing novel, executing a...