Start by marking “Please Don't Tell Cooper He's a Dog” as Want to Read:

******Gold Award Recipient of Mom's Choice Awards!******

******Reader's Favorite Five Star Review******

Dogs are people too! At least, that is what Cooper the rescue dog believes! This hilarious, delightful dog adventure helps to teach young readers about kindness to animals and pet adoption. For children ages 2-8, and their families.
Published November 6th 2020 by Sdp Publishing (first published November 3rd 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Please Don't Tell Cooper He's a Dog, please sign up.
Michelle Feinberg I'm sorry to hear about your granddaughter's dog. It's so hard to lose a pet as they become such an important member of the family. Our dog, Charlie, …moreI'm sorry to hear about your granddaughter's dog. It's so hard to lose a pet as they become such an important member of the family. Our dog, Charlie, actually, the one we had before our Cooper, seriously thought he was human! I think when we bought him a dog bed he must have thought "are we getting a dog??" So I wrote the book based on Charlie, and I wanted to help spread the word about pet adoption! I hope your granddaughter will enjoy the book!(less)

Start your review of Please Don't Tell Cooper He's a Dog
Miranda Reads
Dec 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
description

Just finished my 2020 Book-Year in Review BookTube Video - Click the link to see my recs!
The Written Review
description

He's kind, and he's gentle, loyal, and brave,
but simply confused about how dogs behave."
This gorgeous little picture book follows an adorable giant of a dog...who thinks he's people!

He wasn't always like that though! Cooper was adopted from a shelter by a loving family.

Annnd, almost immediately, the five children begin treating him like he's human.
He couldn't be bothered with do
TL
Dec 26, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Read for free with Kindle Unlimited *

Cute book 📖 :)
Steve Callahan
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a cute story about Cooper the rescue pooch that immediately becomes part of the family. Cooper takes "dog smarts" to a new level. While some dogs may be content with playing chase or fetch, Cooper would rather ski, travel, or even get on the yoga mat. The author's love for dogs shines through and the illustrations depict Cooper interacting with the whole family. And that's the point. Dogs are members of the family and this is perfectly illustrated in this tale. I think young readers will ...more
Nilay Erdem
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a lovely book with colorful illustrations. When I read the story, I really appreciated that the family picked him up from a rescue center. If you are a dog owner, it will make a lot of sense to you how Cooper thinks he is a person. The author pictures different situations where Cooper becomes part of the activities, some of them are unexpected, fun to read!
Donna
Right from the start I absolutely loved this book. The writing is spot on, it's funny with rhyming throughout that even made me giggle. Very cute, colorful illustrations too that really tell the story. ...more
Marcia Young
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the sweet story of Cooper and his adoptive family. You will laugh along with your kids at the the silly things Cooper does and the whimsical adventures he has. The lovely illustrations add texture and interest to each page. It's a book that will leave you smiling, and you won't mind reading it over and over again. ...more
Shermaine Perry-Knights
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cooper reminds me of my own dog. He is a member of the family and doesn't enjoy dog activities. Cooper is wild and fun. This is a great story for any early reader who wants to rescue a dog. This is an interesting page-turner. ...more
Michelle Feinberg
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed by Jack Magnus for Readers' Favorite (added by author as Reader's Favorite cannot post directly onto Good Reads)

Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog is a children’s animal picture
book written by Michelle Lander Feinberg and illustrated by Anna
Mosca. Cooper was definitely their dog; from the moment they set
eyes upon him at the animal shelter, they knew he was going to be
a part of their family. Or maybe he decided that they were his
family? In any event, out the door the family flew, follow
Kathryn (Dragon Bite Books)
Review originally post on my blog, Dragon Bite Books .

The illustrations are wonderfully whimsical and watercolor-like, and the story is so sweet. I’ve cats and a pony rather than any dog, but I know I talk to them as though they’re human too (especially the cats). This is a delightful little book, and I’d love to hear more about Cooper’s exploits in Europe.

Cooper, a large dog (Bernese Mountain dog?), is adopted by a large, white family (five kids, mother, father), is treated as a family memb
Sejal
Dec 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A superb youngsters' story that catches the adoration and bliss that a saved canine can bring to a family.

This is an adorable tale about Cooper the salvage pooch that quickly turns out to be important for the family.

While a few canines might be substance with playing pursue or bring, Cooper would prefer to ski, travel, or even jump on the yoga tangle.

The creator's adoration for canines radiates through and the representations portray Cooper communicating with the entire family. Also, that is
LitPick Book Reviews
Feb 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Please Don’t Tell Cooper He’s a Dog is a heartwarming and humorous story of a family dog named Cooper, but he does not think he is a dog. No, Cooper is anything but a normal dog. He acts like a human! This book takes readers through a fun-filled life with Cooper. His unique personality shines in everything he does, and that is just the beginning. Readers, get ready to giggle and gasp at Cooper who does not know he is a dog.

Opinion:
Please Don’t Tell Cooper He’s a Dog is a perfect story for new r
Kelly Wilson
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: classroom-online
Please Don't Tell Cooper He's a Dog
(children's book, fiction, animal stories, pets, dogs, family, reality vs. fantasy)

Please Don't Tell Cooper He's a Dog by Michelle Lander Feinberg is a funny story about Cooper the dog who thinks he's a person. Cooper isn't an ordinary dog. He likes to water ski, go to the ballet, go shopping, and eat with a knife and fork at the dinner table. One day when someone told Cooper heIS a dog, Cooper got bent out of shape about it, hopped a plane, and traveled the wo
Clarence Coggins
From A Sheltered Life To Hijinks A Doggone Good Story

I admire rhyming stories. They seem like they take so much more concentration to produce. This book successfully covers several areas. It’s informative, humorous and has a great cause.

Children will love Cooper’s attitude. Shelters will appreciate the push for more pet adoption. Parents will be prepared in a gentle way to set proper expectations for adopted pets.

I also like that this book was two stories in one. This is a fun read for a wonder
Jennifer Gilbert
Dec 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is such a fun and creative story about a rescue dog that's in denial and wants to be human. This book reminds me so much of my two spoiled Papillions. Cooper joins in on family yoga sessions and only eats his dog food if it's topped with steak sauce. The illustrations are so vibrant and descriptive and Cooper's antics had me laughing out loud! I like that's it's entertaining and educational, as it teaches kids about animal shelters. I would definitely recommend this book for kids, dog lover ...more
Heather
Jan 05, 2021 rated it liked it
A wonderful reminder that through diligence, patience, and kindness a pet is really truly family. It’s a fun little children’s book with adorable illustrations that highlights the importance of pet adoptions, as well as the beauty, joy, and enrichment that they add to our life.
But most importantly, pets are family through and through.

*I received a signed copy of this book as a Goodreads giveaway.*
Ankush Avhad
Jan 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
Michelle Lander Feinberg did a good job of bringing this book. It's a cool book kid would like for sure. First, it's colorful and light in volume. The illustrations by Anna Mosca are marvelous to grasps the scenes in no minute. Also, junior readers would get to know how to be kind to pets and animals. Yes, Cooper befriended all kids and young ones in the family. Yes, the family members see him, not a dog but a friend. ...more
Marina Elias
Dec 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Booktasters and the author for sending me this copy!

I absolutely fell in love with this book! It's a perfect blend of a simple, easy to follow plot, and rhymes, and beautiful illustrations. The perfect blend for a children's book. The story is beautiful and I think when a child reads this, they would want to adopt a rescue dog.

Also, the illustrations are so pretty, they will surely grab the child's attention and they are expressive as well. And the rhyming adds to the
Debby
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Adorable book about the crazy, goofy antics of a Rescue Pup named Cooper who thinks he's just another family member. For those of us who love our dogs, we can see ourselves and our dogs in this book. It made me laugh. This is the perfect book to read to or give a child who loves dogs. A fun book for adults who love children's books. ...more
Kari Kraemer
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Please Don’t Tell Cooper He’s a Dog is a story many will relate to and enjoy. Cooper is a family dog who believes he is a human. The story is told in rhyme and the detailed illustrations depict the humorous antics of Cooper from trying to steer the family car to traveling abroad. This story will be loved by the whole family.
Deby Beran
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Funny imaginative story of a rescue dog who takes over a family. I won this in a Goodreads Giveaway and believe my granddaughter will love the big goofy dog story.
The illustrations are great and will be fun to share with children. Cooper is the heart of this family and is truly the parents 6th child as he becomes more human than dog.
ReensReads
Feb 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very sweet, fun, hilarious and heartwarming story

This is a really lovely story about a pet dog who doesn't seem to think he's a dog! He tries to act like his human owners which can turn out to be quite hilarious and funny! I really enjoyed the story which is written in rhyme and with gorgeous illustrations that bring Cooper to life. Wonderful book
EmioÑa Hammam
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The way the story is written and how it sounds is very cozy and lovely. The drawings in the book are catchy as well. I really like it and see how can it be a cozy bedtime story for our kids.
Thanks, Booktasters!
Kathleen
Jan 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was a cute fantasy story about a big dog on the order of a Clifford-type tale. This adopted dog is so much a part of the family that he sits in a seat at the ballet like a human and poops on the toilet...Kids will like the silliness.

(I received this in a goodreads giveaway.)
Stuart Jennings
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great story!

The author, Michelle Lander Feinberg is so very talented!

Your kids will love Cooper! (I know I did!)...;)

Hope there's lots of sequels...
Patricia
Jan 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a cute picture book that most dog owners will relate to. I read with my 6-year-old,who giggled all the way through.
Sandi Davis
Jan 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaway
Thank you so much for the signed Goodreads Giveaway book! I read it to my grandbabies, they loved it.
BookDragons NotWorms
Feb 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Very cute and fun read! My four year old loves it, and asked me to read it three times back to back the first time. I have a feeling it will be a favorite for a while.
Debbie Siebert
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Cute children’s book. My 2 grandchildren wanted me to read it again and again. Can’t wait to read it to my other 2!
Rahaf Kanaan
Nov 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is adorable, a Loving family adopts the huge big dog Cooper from the shelter. One of the pages shows the dog’s expressing his freedom out of the shelter to become a new family member. The rhyming is so delightful and it is fun to read. As an added bonus, the info of pet adoption page is nice. Children will enjoy reading this book!
AvidBibliophile
Mar 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Canine that Promotes Compassionate Acceptance! 🌟

After being adopted from a local animal shelter, a lovable and quirky canine named Cooper finds a family of his very own in this book! As he begins to live life alongside his new siblings, he starts to imitate their mannerisms and decidedly humanistic behaviors. This dog quickly begins to exhibit several anthropomorphic qualities 🪑 like sitting in a chair to read and sitting at the dinner table while holding a fork. The depictions visually suppo
Children's Books: Funny picture book teaches about kindness to animals 1 10 Dec 20, 2020 08:13AM
Children's Books: New Release! Dog Lovers Must Have! 1 6 Dec 11, 2020 03:40PM
Kids Reads: First time author 3 12 Nov 12, 2020 08:08AM

• Hayley Helps a Friend in Need: I Am a Problem Solver
  • Where Do Mermaids Go on Vacation?: (Go on Vacation Book 5)
  • I Move A Lot and That's Okay
  • Dear Edward
  • The Count of Monte Cristo
  • Fantastical Cat Adventures: The Secret Life of Cats (Nina's Cat Tales)
  • Teacher Magic
  • Little Monster's Book of Feelings
  • Cassidy and the Mixed Up Numbers
  • My Pandemic Diary (Let's Learn #2)
  • The Prickly Sea Urchin
  • Hunter's Treasure: A Dark Mafia MC Romance (The Celtic Demons Book 2)
  • The Curveball: A Story of Grit, Adversity, and Winning the Game of Life
  • Facade (Unbroken #1)
  • Harables: Short Stories 1 (Volume 1)
  • Clubland
  • Beatrice The Little Camper's Brave New Friend: All are welcome at the campground. A diversity and inclusion book for kids. (Beatrice the Little Camper Series 2)
  • I'm Not Afraid!: A Lesson In Overcoming Fear (The Adventures of Harry and Friends Book 5)
I'm a mom of 5 so I have read PLENTY of children's books over the years! I have always had a strong love of animals, and have rescued three dogs (so far) and a mouse (yes, a mouse)... I wanted to write children's books to help spread the word about pet adoption and kindness to animals.

***check out my blog on this profile****

#adoptdontshop
#cooperthedog
#dogsarepeopletoo
#funny
#doggo
#childrensbooks
#p

News & Interviews

“School vacation week is like a week full of weekends!" - one of my 9-year-old daughters :)” 0 likes