Jump to ratings and reviews

Faith In Him

When loving her is dangerous, will leaving her be worse?

Adam’s deepest wounds are abandonment and betrayal. He’s spent years searching for that special someone who can fill his desolate world with love and trust. He thought he’d found her once, but instead got dragged into a dangerous criminal underworld that tore his wounds wide open and left him broken.

But like he falls in love, Adam fights back hard and fast against the darkness that surrounds him. Fidelity, bravery, and integrity become his values, and he’s sticking to them. That is until he meets Ella, the tender-hearted soul mate he’s yearned for. Now suddenly there’s more at risk than just himself.

Adam’s an all or nothing kind of guy. How far will he go to keep Ella safe? And will Ella have enough faith in him to love him anyway?

This is the second book in the Falling For You series and ends on a happy for now conclusion. It can be read as a stand alone novel, but it is recommended to read Trust In You first.

338 pages, ebook

Published December 1, 2020

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Julia Firlotte

4 books89 followers
BLOG and mailling list subscriptions avaialble at:
www.juliafirlotteauthor.com

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 17 of 17 reviews
Profile Image for John Kerry.
582 reviews259 followers
January 21, 2021
First of all I want to say that after reading Faith in him by Julia Firlotte, I am a Julia Firlotte fan and l love to keep all her titles in my bookshelf. I especially enjoyed this standalone romantic and suspense novel. And I love it the story spans across a few years—it makes understanding the characters even better. While Julia does a fantastic job in writing about and bringing alive all her characters, I would say this book was a more on romance and even more on the suspense part.

This time I was also surprised at the climax—normally the murderer or the conspirator in books is someone who the protagonist trusts or is very close too...True Betrayals, but this is a bit different.

Julia Firlotte has been THAT author for me. The author that you know no matter what mood you were in, her books would be just right. But for some unexplainable reason, I have not read one of her books. So when I read Faith in Him, I dove right in. And, as sure as the sun rises in the East, the book was perfect in every way.

Highly Recommended!
Profile Image for Jenny Hobson.
521 reviews16 followers
December 18, 2020
Omg I need the next book now! What a way to end it. Im so glad we got Adams side of the story. I usually prefer dual pov in romance stories but this series just shows how brilliant single povs are as getting one side per book has helped build the tension and suspense of the story. I really like that this wasn't just a big rehash of the previous book. We had snippets from the previous one with Adam take on events plus flashbacks from Adams past which really added to the story. This book answered alot of questions I had from the last book but added in a whole host of new ones. Im really looking forward to the next book I can't wait to see where it goes and how it's going to tie up.
Profile Image for Beena Khan.
Author 40 books968 followers
February 3, 2021
I was looking to read more about Adam & Ella. I loved the first book, and I was excited to see that Adam has his own book in his perspective. I liked that it could be read as a standalone and that it has a HEA. Adam's past is mentioned here, and how it impacts his present with Ella.

Romantic dark suspense is one of my favorite sub-genres. This is a slow burn romantic suspense, and I look forward to reading more in the series about Ella and Adam!

Thank you to the author for the review copy.
Profile Image for Kristel Greer.
513 reviews14 followers
December 15, 2020
I was sent a copy of this book for review.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.
This is book 2 in the Falling for You series and has two simultaneous storylines unlike the first book. In this instalment we get the events of book 1 from Adam's point of view as well as flashbacks to his past 5 years ago when he was caught up in a turbulent relationship with Rita and her drug cartel family the Death's Disciples in Mexico and 3 years ago when he is back in the States and working with the FBI to take down the Death's Disciples who are pushing drugs through his family business.

When Adam meets innocent and beautiful Ella he has an instant attraction to her. Her constant blushing and inability to be coherent when they first meet endears her to him. As their relationship develops and the chaotic and dangerous events of their journey of love and discovery together unfold, Adam's need to protect and love Ella are in constant conflict with his duties to the FBI. Their love story is interspersed with flashbacks to Mexico and how he started working for the FBI which brings new insight to the plot and adds depth and realism to Adam and Ella's relationship. I also loved viewing the love scenes from Adam's point of view as he is so clearly head over heels in love and wants to make the experience as mind blowing for Ella as possible. This is one whirlwind romance but is it strong enough to withstand Adam's secrets?

I give this book 🌟🌟🌟🌟. I really enjoyed this book, even more so than the first. Firstly it gave me a better understanding of where Adam is coming from and why he behaves as he does. He can still be full on and overtly possessive but it was easier to relate to these traits in him given the new context. Secondly it provided the additional plot of Adam being an undercover agent and the drug cartel storyline which was a great explanation for Adam's seemingly shady actions and secretive nature towards Ella while bringing a new thrilling angle to the story. The author has me hooked so bring on Book 3 – I am ready.

Trigger warnings: Violence, sexual assault.
Profile Image for Sukaina Majeed.
578 reviews36 followers
December 13, 2020
So, steamy steamy and steamy! Book #2 is definitely full of testestrone and story of Adam and his strong love for Ella is definitely something this book offers.

There are some too cute for words moment and it might seem silly and at places offensive to Ella’s character as a person and a woman too but when you are looking at the story from perspectives the tables certainly go for a toss.

The crime background running in the back certainly keeps you on your toes and based in farms and ranches it might be a very unfamiliar territory for some.

The book oozes out Adam’s love and his insecurities and there is a difference in how he views the world now compared to how he saw it five years ago.

The narrative is fast, it’s got a very cosy vibe in the writing and you feel at home once you are familiar with characters.

You will notice cultures and sketches of characters which take Ella as a person to be owned which for me was rather cringey to read.

I would definitely would love to read Ella’s perspective in the series and would love to find out what she actually feels about some of Adam’s theatrics that were not necessary but since it’s the genre it’s there all the time. This book can be read as a standalone and the author is not wrong about that.

It’s better it’s come out as a series because both the characters Ella and Adam always remain on a high octave and you need a breather to read the others story. Phew!

The love making scenes are narrated full of lust, desire and hunger which are enjoyable to read.

Definitely give it a go! I had problems with certain scenarios in the story but the book gives you a nice time that I will not deny.
Profile Image for Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora).
1,993 reviews260 followers
May 2, 2021
Rate:  3,5/ 5 stars

I gotta be honest I was a little disappointed with this one. I really wanted to know what would happen next but this book is mostly set in the past and a reliving of Trust in You in Adam’s POV.

Don’t get me wrong I really enjoyed being inside Adam’s head and seeing how much he cared for Ella. He was so sweet. It was also really nice to find out all the things about Adam that we didn’t know and questioned in TIY. And just getting a bit of his past and what lead him to the place he is right now was really nice. I really appreciated the chapters set in the past. I just would have preferred to have the continuation of Adam and Ella’s story after TIY ended and not get to read that all over again. It got boring at times, especially because the chapters were really big. I rather have shorter chapters ahah.

There was a little new material after the events of TIY at the end of the book, which I really enjoyed and had my heart aching at the same time. Especially that last chapter... I need the next book stat! I need to know what Ella is gonna do and what Adam will do to win her back! Ahhh🙈 The angst and longing in those last scenes got to me. I want these two to be together so bad.

➳ Physical copy provided by the author in exchange for a honest review.

➳ Order at: Amazon US

➳ Follow me on: InstagramFacebook Twitter
Profile Image for FS Meurinne.
Author 2 books85 followers
February 17, 2021
I loved Adam's POV in the story, I expected something different entirely but this was a nice surprise and definitely a great romantic suspense. Interesting storyline, well more like two of them, and that had kept me reading. Interesting and refreshing read. I'm going to need the next one to get more. All the twist and turns I got in this roller-coaster was good. There might be some triggers for some readers but definitely is a good story overall.

Book Enticer
Blog |BookBub | Amazon |Audible |Instagram |Twitter |Facebook |TikTok |YouTube |Pinterest |Tumblr |Bookstore

Profile Image for Jane Hunt.
Author 3 books101 followers
December 7, 2020
This is the second book in the Falling for You romantic suspense series, and this features Adam's point of view. After an adrenaline-pumping beginning, you soon realise that Adam is not what he seems. The story moves between the present day and Adam's recent past. His past shows why he is emotionally guarded and illudes to the secrets he hides.

Adam's past threatens his future and any chance of romance with Ella. Seeing things from his point of view gives the story an immediate, intense quality which ramps up the air of menace and suspense. I enjoyed seeing the story from his viewpoint. His streetwise maturity is an interesting contrast to Ella's naivety and vulnerability. He is a strongly protective character, and this conflicts with his attraction to Ella and causes problems between them.

The intrigue and suspense are well written. The slow-burn romance makes you empathise and want them to find the happiness they deserve with each other.

I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.

I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.
Profile Image for nicola mckenna.
103 reviews1 follower
January 15, 2021
Thanks to the author and lovebookstours for my copy of this book in return for my own honest review. This is the second book in the Falling For You series and although it can be read as a standalone, it is recommended to be read after Trust In You and ends with a happy for now conclusion. My review for book 1 ( Trust in you) can be found here Trust In You Review – Readingthroughthelookinglass (wordpress.com).Faith in him is told from Adams perspective, basically we see Adams side of the story that we read in trust in you. we read about his past and how that has affects him and his relationship with Ella. I didn't feel as connected to Adam as I did with Ella in trust in you, i found Faith in him a bit of a slow burner and struggled to grasp the storyline, but considering this i managed to get the book finished. I am looking forward to book 3 in this series and read more about Ella and Adam.
3 reviews1 follower
December 28, 2020
Have just finished reading Faith In Him wow! Loved it cant wait for the third book now! Someone please buy the film rights this is so fantastic! More please!
Profile Image for The Reviewera.
330 reviews16 followers
January 22, 2021
Amazingly woven like an interesting spell. I didn't think this book was going to be this good. It was , as you might expect , engaging , a total different piece of art from every aspect.
It sets a very high bar for whatever he does that comes next.
Must Read
Profile Image for Nikita.
320 reviews8 followers
January 22, 2021
Five Stars

One of the best books I have read this month!
Highly recommend it! I only leave positive feedback and reviews when I love the book.
Feel free to ask anything regarding this book.
A must read for sure.
Profile Image for Celeste Cruz.
166 reviews5 followers
January 5, 2021
From the first chapter I got hooked into reading it. It just took me some time to process what I read. It is an interesting book and romantic. Worth reading especially if you like a man in a shiny armor, I think he did what he could give the situation and circumstances. It was also a roller coaster of emotions but worth it.
Profile Image for Claire Swain.
180 reviews3 followers
February 10, 2021
😽😻📚Claire Bear & Mel Mel's Book Reviews 📚😻😽 'Faith in Him' by Julia Firlotte
Genre: Dark Suspense Romance Fiction.

About the Book: This is the Second Novel in the 'Falling for you Series'. Adam has deep emotional scars from his past. His previous relationship has found him mixed up In a dangerous world but all he yearns for is to be loved. He meets Ella who takes his breath away. Adam wants nothing more than to forget his past and to move on with his future. Yet, will his past let him?

My Review: At first when I found out this novel was going to be in the POV of Adam but following the same story of the first novel; I was slightly disappointed. As I wanted the story to contuine. However, I was wrong! Julia has written another fantastic novel. Yes, it does follow the same story line as the previous novel but it is like you are reading a new novel as well. As you find out more about Adam's past, the reasons for his behaviours and there is a lot more at the ending of this novel. Which, fits perfectly for the upcoming third novel in this series.

This novel is full of exciting twists and turns. Definitely a page turner, you will struggle to put it down. Adam is a strong, handsome but vulnerable protagonist who is madly in love with Ella. Ella is kind, hard working but also sheltered and immature. Their world's collide dramatically yet their romance is beautiful. There is one perticular love making scene that is intensely erotic and powerful. The balance between show and tell is great.

Triggers - illegal Drugs, Violence and Sexual Scenes.

I truly enjoyed this novel and I highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys similar genres. I am looking forward to reading the third novel in the series.

Disclaimer: My Book Reviews are based on my own opinions and experiences only.

If you would like to see more of my Book Reviews please visit - www.goodreads.com/clairebearmelmel
Profile Image for Bookshortie.
363 reviews11 followers
December 9, 2020
This is the second book in the falling for you series. I have to confess I haven't read book one which is trust in you because at the time of writing this review I'd ordered a copy and it hadn't arrived yet.

This book is written from Adam’s perspective and covers his first meeting with Ella, past relationship and background. The timeline switches between past and present giving you a bigger picture off where Adam is now but also what he previously went through. It's clear from reading the chapters from the past that Adam’s relationship with his then girlfriend Rita was rocky to say the least and explains why he was trust issues. Then he meets Ella, it's like he's found his perfect woman and there's light at the end of the tunnel. Ella is everything that he wants in a woman but those trust issues do rear an ugly head every so often.

I fell in love with the story and the characters especially Adam. I was hooked from the first page. This isn’t a typical romance novel but I think that's what gives it an edge. I am really looking forward to reading trust in you which is told from Ella’s perspective and the forthcoming third book in the series believe in me.

This was a well written and structured storyline that pulled at my heartstrings from the beginning.

I received a gifted copy of this book for an honest review.
Profile Image for Karen Andrew.
478 reviews33 followers
December 19, 2020
Review
I've not read the first in this series so I am reading this as a standalone and I honestly don't feel like I have missed out by not reading the first.

It throws you deep into drug fuelled action. I was hooked from the first page. The pages had me hooked and kept me invested in the story.

It was a book I couldn't put down and I am definitely looking forward to reading more of Julia's work.
⭐⭐⭐⭐
Profile Image for Kate A.
438 reviews12 followers
December 7, 2020
I didn’t realise going into this book that it was going to be from Adam’s perspective and when I did I was quite intrigued because I remember after reading the first book that there were a lot of question marks surrounding him and I was excited to finally get his story.

What I also didn’t realise was that this would involve going back through most of the story from Trust In You but seeing his thoughts, I will admit to having mixed feelings about this, on one hand, it is interesting to see what Adam was thinking and getting to understand his character a bit better, however as the storyline has already played out in the first book I didn’t feel as interested in what was happening because I’d experienced all the scenes before. Thankfully there were snippets from Adam’s past in between the parts of the story that you will have already experienced in book one, and these were refreshing because it gives us an insight into why Adam’s life has taken the direction it has and shows a different side to his character.

I have to admit though that whilst I was enjoying getting another side to Adam’s story, I was really looking forward to seeing the direction his relationship with Ella took after the end of the first book and I was starting to worry that there wouldn’t be anything additional included after the events of book one. I’m glad to say that is not the case, we get to see a little bit beyond the end of the first book, it’s nice to see that there is a little bit of hope for Ella and Adam’s relationship because they are managing to be friendly even though its obvious they both feel more for each other.

I have to say I am now excited for book three because there are some revelations that are going to cause a bit of a stir and I’m sure the author will have even more surprises for these characters up her sleeve.

Originally posted on everywhere and nowhere
Displaying 1 - 17 of 17 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.