Start by marking “The Golden Enclaves (The Scholomance, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Golden Enclaves (The Scholomance, #3)

The Golden Enclaves

(The Scholomance #3)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  22,926 ratings  ·  3,202 reviews
Saving the world is a test no school of magic can prepare you for in the triumphant conclusion to the New York Times bestselling trilogy that began with A Deadly Education and The Last Graduate.

The one thing you never talk about while you're in the Scholomance is what you'll do when you get out. Not even the richest enclaver would tempt fate that way. But it's all we dream
Published September 27th 2022 by Del Rey Books

·  22,926 ratings  ·  3,202 reviews

Start your review of The Golden Enclaves (The Scholomance, #3)
Meag
Aug 17, 2021 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I am once again waiting and suffering for a year just because Naomi Novik thinks cliffhangers are funny

Edit: this review is from July 2021 after I finished the last graduate 😭😭 I haven't read this book as yet don't panic!!
Cassie (Star-Crossed Book Blog)
Well…I’ve finished it and I have A LOT of thoughts. Will try to piece them together for a proper review soon.

***

I know nothing about this book, but I am DESPERATE for it thanks to THAT ending. How dare we get left on such a cliffhanger?!?

Nataliya
Oct 02, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Ask yourself: is it worth to sacrifice one person for the benefit of many? If you say yes, chances are you’re not the one being sacrificed. But it seems the people are willing to recognize that for some things a huge price needs to be paid — as long as someone else pays that price and they get to look the other way, justifying to themselves that someone needs to pay it after all.

Ursula K. Le Guin addressed this in her fable The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas, and Naomi Novik does it here as well
myo (myonna reads)
do you think cliffhangers are funny naomi novik
Shima
Sep 28, 2021 is currently reading it
Shelves: upcoming
I'm gonna keep the tradition going,
read The Last Graduate today,
and somehow come to terms with having to wait a whole year for the next book.

Because I'm just mean like that.

Update: I just finished reading The Last Graduate. Condoning myself to a whole year of waiting was crueller than I could have anticipated.
carol.
This isn't your childhood Harry Potter.

"I didn’t want to get up and go on in the world, agreeing that it was in any way acceptable for the world to keep going itself."

This is not a comfortable read. A friend noted that I had shown a lot of enthusiasm for this series, and it's true, I have. Novik blends intense emotion with unremitting danger, and the combination makes for an intoxicating, immersive read. Book three in the series is no different.

"But they’d loved Orion only in exactly the same wa
Phuong ✯
after i had a couple of nights to think, i can finally talk about this book. spoiler warning: i’m about to go on a mini rant and it will have spoiler for The Last Graduate and The Golden Enclaves.

– SPOILERS –

the fact that this series is a ya fantasy, but i’m giving this book 1 star for the romance is pretty much everything you need to know that i might be focusing on the wrong things here, but i’m still so salty about this that i really don’t care.

initially, what drew me to this series was the
ELLIAS (elliasreads)
Oct 26, 2021 marked it as to-read
obviously.

(naomi thinks she's funny or something after pulling that ending.....)
Ellen ✵
Oct 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
This comment section consist of people who are dying after the Last Graduate- and I'm one of them. ...more
Emily
Oct 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I need this. I finished The Last Graduate about 3 minutes ago, and I NEED this.
Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]

Don't you HATE it when the finale of an amazing series doesn't live up to your expectations???

(Looking at you, Folk of the Air. But this is actually WORSE THAN THAT ONE).

So yeah, considering I gave raving 5-star reviews to the first two books, something has clearly changed. And it's to do with El and Orion. All specific details are in the spoiler tag, but there are some general spoilers throughout.

(view spoiler)
Nastassja
Oct 07, 2021 rated it liked it

Well, it wasn’t what I expected from this book. Though in some instances it was quite a twist. Still, I feel a little bit let down by the whole maw mouth horde. You could have done bettet, guys.

So, judging by the annotation, she is going on a quest to save her one true love (i was hoping for that, yay), and in the process turning into darker El, I hope. I love my characters to be served morally grey.

~~~~~~~~
I am ready to turn into a maw-mouth and devour Naomi Novik if she does not deliver a hap

mimi
Oct 12, 2022 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
REVIEW WITH (partial) SPOILER

It's no secret that Naomi Novik and I don't really get along.
But, unfortunately, El and Orion's story was interesting enough to make me stay and now here I am, with the same exact issues of a year ago or so, and very less will to deal with it.

To be completely honest, the first book was about finding out if Orion was really evil and the second book was about how is it possible that Orion killed himself - kind of.
The third one, the one right here, is about knowing he'
Dizzy
Oct 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: end-of-2022
I thought this was a duology. Now I'm in pain.

Edit on Sept 30, 2022: It was so worth the wait!
Jenny Lawson
Oct 11, 2022 rated it really liked it
This is an amazing series that I really loved. Some parts were a bit heavy and I'm not sure the end was *quite* what I wanted, but it was still overall incredibly worthwhile. ...more
This...was not the third book I was hoping for. In the immediate aftermath of the evil cliffhanger of book 2, I imagined that The Golden Enclaves was going to consist mostly of El kicking enclave ass / righting all the injustices of the System with Orion at her back. Post-dramatic rescue, of course, and with lots of snarky exchanges between El and the people she's come to love and depend on.

Yeah, no. This story is a lot darker and heavier than that, and the stakes are so much higher outside the
Emma Deplores Goodreads Censorship
This is hands-down my favorite series of the last decade, possibly my entire adult life. And I enjoyed this final volume a lot. Not quite as much as the first book, which isn’t unexpected, and I have some quibbles, but I had a ton of fun bingeing it, and expect to enjoy lots of discussion and probably re-reading in the future.

El is finally out of the Scholomance, so we get to see the rest of the wizarding world here and deal with the larger issues that have been percolating throughout the series
Robyn
orion lake is harrowhark nonagesimus for people whose homestuck was harry potter
Emily Ramey
Lenore Baker
Sep 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
ailish 🌧️
Woooooooow... in a shocking turn of events I hated this.

I don't think it entirely came out of nowhere, but this last book truly felt so far removed from everything I adored about the first book that they could have been two entirely different stories. I am just stewing in disappointment.

(view spoiler)
Bec
Sep 19, 2022 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
debating whether this should be a 4 of 5 star read, will have a re-read later on and may bump up. my book store had the books on the shelf early so i was able to read it a bit before release - i did not receive an arc, i have the published wide-release copy.

i wanted to address the issue that seems to very contentious with this book in spoiler section below, but non-spoilery; please don't decide to not read this book just because people have stated they weren't happy with their understanding of e
☘Misericordia☘ ⚡ϟ⚡⛈⚡☁ ❇️❤❣
DD Jan 10, 2021 OMG, YES! I was actually scared to look at the series page to see whether #3 would be coming! It would've been totally evil to leave us hanging in the void for all eternity after that cliffy! Thankfully, it will be so now I'm all hot and bothered for it to happen to my reading list!!!!!

As always, I expect it to be something crazy & spectacular! One love, Schoolomance series! Hope it will be much, MUCH longer than a mere trilogy!

Patience that ate Fortitude? Seriously? Uh-huh.

I ne
Maria
Oct 03, 2022 rated it really liked it
No matter how old I get, magic schools will always pull me in. Maybe because Im still hoping to get recruited?

Anyway I enjoyed this series and its particular spin on a magical world. I thought the pacing in this book was better than the first two in the series.

Two of my favorite things about this series?
1. The villains make sense. No one is bad for no reason. These evil creatures have a relatable end game.
2. The Mundane ( or this series muggles) World paralleled our current political climate
Nina Sarvasova
Sep 27, 2022 rated it did not like it
lisa (lewis hamilton's version)
if i had a nickel every time one of my most anticipated sequels this year turns out to be shit and ruins the wonderful characterization of the previous books, i would have two nickels, which is not a lot but it's weird that it happened twice, right??? ...more
Jess Potter
Oct 10, 2021 marked it as to-read
I see I’m not alone in finishing The Last Graduate and immediately dashing to the Internet to find out more and cry over the wait till Book 3.
Angela
I honestly cannot say a lot about this, because you need to experience and read the book for yourself. I need to sit with it for a little bit. I will say it's masterful storytelling - the breadcrumbs laid along the way, almost completely ignored until they're unavoidable.

The roller coaster of emotion and theories that I rode from beginning to end was amazing and wild.

Obviously, it pulled me along to the very end, fraught with emotion and tears and joy, because I read it in a single day.

The only
NAT.orious reads ☾
This book is for… those moments when your neurodiversity just won’t let you not finish a series.

Additionally.
All of Naomi’s good writing and El’s witty lines will not make up for the fact that I do feel somewhat let down by this book. I almost feel bad typing this out, especially because I have a bit of a hard time pinpointing my criticism.

While I could appreciate El as a whole – if you do not love her you are seriously not my kind of person, bye – and empathize with her struggles, I had
Sarah Draheim
Final Round
4,220,944 Votes Cast

• Today Tonight Tomorrow
  • The Dare
  • Flock (The Ravenhood, #1)
  • Famine (The Four Horsemen, #3)
  • War (The Four Horsemen, #2)
  • Shadow Me (Shatter Me, #4.5)
  • Fracture Me (Shatter Me, #2.5)
  • Shatter Me Complete Collection: Shatter Me, Destroy Me, Unravel Me, Fracture Me, Ignite Me
  • King of Battle and Blood (Adrian x Isolde, #1)
  • Reveal Me (Shatter Me, #5.5)
  • This Woven Kingdom (This Woven Kingdom, #1)
  • Sparrow
  • Tarnished Empire (Dark Shores, #0.5)
  • Black Canary: Breaking Silence
  • All That Glitters (Enchantée, #1)
  • Everything That Burns (Enchantée, #2)
  • Ignite the Sun
  • Giving In (Surrender Trilogy, #2)
See top shelves…
An avid reader of fantasy literature since age six, when she first made her way through The Lord of the Rings, Naomi Novik is also a history buff with a particular interest in the Napoleonic era and a fondness for the work of Patrick O’Brian and Jane Austen. She studied English literature at Brown University, and did graduate work in computer science at Columbia University before leaving to partic ...more

The Scholomance (3 books)
  • A Deadly Education (The Scholomance, #1)
  • The Last Graduate (The Scholomance, #2)

Articles featuring this book

Fast-forward evolution in an icy Gothic chateau. Angels and demons in an 1880s mining town. A sentient house on chicken legs.   If these are...
“Also I hadn't lost an ounce of the passionate desire to beat him over the head with a large stick, and surely that was a sign of true love.” 3 likes
“me. The tea was even offered exactly in the same way that Americans always did it, namely with the faint hint that they didn’t really understand why I might like some tea, but they understood that this was the appropriate thing to do.” 3 likes