Start by marking “Jungle Up” as Want to Read:
Jungle Up

Jungle Up

(Thomas Prescott #5)

"Please find me, Thomas! Please!"

Two years ago, Dr. Gina Brady broke Thomas Prescott's heart, but now her panic-stricken satellite phone call starts it beating again with a fury. Thugs kidnapped the good doctor from the remote jungle village where she was working, and now the retired homicide detective's expert skills are desperately needed to save her.

Led by a colorful, b
Published April 27th 2021 by Blackstone Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Jungle Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jungle Up

Start your review of Jungle Up
Pamela
Nov 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.5. Could not round it up to a 3. First and foremost,my thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for an advanced copy of JUNGLE UP in exchange for an honest review.
Regrettably, as an honest review, mine is not a positive one. I have enjoyed Nick Pirog’s Thomas Prescott series and have waited- and waited- for new releases. It has been three years since the last installment; I was so excited to have me some Thomas Prescott. But then...

1) The self-effacing, humorous Thomas is lacking. His quirky char
theliterateleprechaun
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Get ready for a nail-biting adventure through the Bolivian rainforest in Nick Pirog’s newest novel, ‘Jungle Up,’ to be published on April 27, 2021. Although this is book five of the Thomas Prescott Series, it can certainly stand alone.

Thomas Prescott is a retired homicide detective who worked for the violent crimes division of the FBI. He’s babysitting his nephew when he accesses a voicemail from an old girlfriend who has been abducted in the Bolivian Amazon. She pleads with him to come and fin
Kristine
Apr 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Another great entry in the Thomas Prescott universe. This is the 5th book in this series and each book has Thomas living in a different state, this time a different country. He is now living in France with his sister and her family, enjoying being an uncle to her son (his nephew) when he gets a message that his ex girlfriend has been abducted in Bolivia. He doesn't even blink an eye but gets right on the phone trying to figure out how he is going to get into the country as quickly as possible.

I
Robyn Balmer
May 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
I have been waiting a long time for a new Thomas Prescott novel from Nick Pirog because I loved the four previous novels. The new novel, “Jungle Up” was very welcome and, once again, I was intrigued and totally involved in reading this story. Nick has very gifted proficency of telling a story that grabs your attention throughout and his description and education in the dense rainforest and insects and animals therein was brilliant.
The story begins with Dr Gina Brady, who had worked in infectious
Nov 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book will be published in April 2021. Reminiscent of the Indiana Jones adventure films, Jungle Up will have you slashing your way through the Amazon rainforest as you follow homicide detective, Thomas Prescott in a scramble to rescue his former flame, Dr. Gina Brady, from the hands of kidnappers. Thomas had once thought Gina was gone from his life forever when she left to take a job battling an outbreak of tuberculosis in Bolivia for the World Health Organization. But when Gina was kidnappe ...more
Gordon Campbell
May 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Lots of good fun.

The Thomas Prescott Series continues to entertain.

Nick Pirog’s Jungle Up is a fast-paced, laugh-out-loud funny ride through the Jungle with enticing plot lines and engaging characters.

It is reminiscent of the best of early Carl Hiaasen and Clive Cussler.

The story is laced with action as the ever-capable and often heartbroken. Thomas Prescott deals with drug traffickers, hostile tribes, dengue fever, corrupt officials, and a professional but scrupulous guide.

Throw in a dangero
Kimberley Boisvert
Well worth the wait!

Jungle Up takes place a couple years after we last saw Thomas Prescott, but don’t fret, he hasn’t changed... (too much)

In his latest adventure Thomas is on a rescue mission in the Bolivian Jungle trying to save Gina. Like the previous 4 books in the series nothing is ever cut and dry. Thomas gets put through the jungle ringer, but true to his nature he never gives up trying to save his girl.

I really enjoyed the side stories in this book, and the new characters (especially An
Kurt Schilling
May 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Run through the jungle

Lots of stories get high ratings. This one gets mine 'cause I could identify with many elements of the plot. Once again Thomas the wisecracking gum shoe gets himself into one helluva adventure. Its sort of a cross between Indiana Jones and the Deer Hunter meets up in a bar and starts telling war stories. Kind of improbable, kind of believable all at the same time. Very well crafted characters, great descriptions of just how hard it is to get around in Amazon rain forest. I
Kathleen Gray
Apr 13, 2021 rated it liked it
I found this implausible in so many ways. Thomas Prescott, a retired homicide detective/FBI consultant gets an SOS call from Gina, an estranged lover who has been working as a physician in the Bolivian Amazon. She's been kidnapped and wants him to to find her so off he goes to her rescue. Along the way he get involved with an archeological expedition, there are lots of bad guys, and well, things get ugly. Thanks to netgalley for the ARC. I hadn't read the earlier books in the series and suspect ...more
Pam Stack
Dec 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When Gina left Thomas Prescott 2 years ago to use her medical degree to help indigenous tribes in the remote villages of South America, his heart was broken. When he receives a voice mail from Gina that she'd been abducted, what follows is Nick Pirog's usual exceptional storytelling about how Thomas tries to save Gina.

The characters are diversely rich and colorful, his research is meticulous and the story arcs are tense and exciting.
I highly recommend this book!
Ann
May 01, 2021 rated it liked it
So excited to return to Thomas Prescott's world! Pirog has such a great way of telling a story. And Jungle Up started out SO good. I was cracking up as Thomas described his day with Clark. Classic Pirog! Then, the story evolved so that it was told half from Prescott's view, and the other half from another character's view. Phhhht. I wish Pirog would have stayed with Prescott, because Thomas is funny, and there just was not enough Thomas :( ...more
Neely Powell
May 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Thomas Prescott goes to Bolivia to rescue his beloved Dr. Gina. It takes a lot of courage to man up or jungle up to get to where a group of soldiers took Gina. She was kidnapped from the small village she had lived in since WHO moved out of the area. He has to go through all the horrors of the hot and humid jungle. The funniest things are his references to the TV show, Naked and Afraid. Another enjoyable book with a surprising ending.
Gina Crank
Jun 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fun read from Nick Pirog!

Since reading his latest, I’ve been telling my family to “Jungle Up” every time they start to complain. Seriously, I’ve been waiting patiently for his next book, and it did not disappoint. Thomas is hilarious as always and each of the other characters are well developed and interesting all on their own. I highly recommend all of his books. Each series is uniquely imaginative and so very funny. Thank you Nick. Keep them coming.
Annarella
Apr 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
First book I read by this author and in this series but it won't be the last as I found it gripping and highly entertaining.
An adrenalinic action&adventure story action packed and fast paced.
Good plot and character development.
Recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine
Allison Hartman
May 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
I love Nick's books, ALL of them. But this one just fell flat for me. Too much explaining of things and where was hunky, sarcastic, pee my pants from laughing Thomas? I still enjoyed the story and Nick is still my favorite author ever! Hope we won't have to wait as long for another Thomas book and that Thomas is back to himself:) ...more
Linda
Jun 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
First, “high pH” means alkaline, not acidic -pay attention you authors out there!
Next, this is a great book with everything in it: reckless hero out to save fair damsel, archeology, ethnobotany, gamers, Naked and Afraid, the Marvel oeuvre, and more. It’s a “read again” in the same way comfort food calls to us.
Regis
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Buckle up for another perfect Thomas Prescott adventure! You will run the gamut of emotions, and not soon forget it. I loved every second.

Thank you to the publisher, author, and, NetGalley for an advanced copy of the book, in exchange for an honest review.
Vicki
Apr 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nick hits another one out of the park

Great read, loved the twists, turns and especially the laughter. The only disappointment was when I got to the last page cuz the exciting adventure was over. I love reading Nick Pirog and anxiously await the next journey.
Kimberly A.
Apr 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read by Nick Pirog

Do yourself a favor and read EVERY book by this author! This was a laugh-out-loud, riveting and suspenseful read. It was very satisfying, especially when Thomas and Gina ended up back together! Thank you, Nick. Well done!
diane coe
May 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nick Pirog does it again!

What a great ride with Thomas Prescott in Jungle Up. If you haven’t read Nick Pirog’s books before, now is the time to start. Truly unique, fun and thought provoking stories. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.
Ramona
May 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exhilarating

Fresh and exciting. You never knew what was coming. Intense action and adventure, with friendships building and a mission to complete. I thoroughly enjoyed this book!
jANET S Moore
I love these books can't wait for the next 1

Nick Pirog Rights the best stories very interesting and different I love them and can't wait for the next tale Read his books you won't be disappointed
Jennifer Neckermann
Exciting and fun book!

In this 5th Thomas Prescott book, you get tons of excitement and suspense! The majority of the book takes place in Bolivia with several storylines coming together at the end. Plenty of surprises and lots of suspense! I highly recommend this book!
Susan
May 29, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great series

Really enjoy this series [actually all by Nick Pirog]. Didn't realize a new one was out, Glad I stumbled upon it. [All of his books were a great binge read maybe two years ago.]
Robin
May 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. Lots of suspense and good characters. I wondered how the different story lines were related but Nick did a great job of tying it together. This is the first Thomas Prescott book I’ve read and it won’t be the last, adding his other books to my ‘to read’ list.
Joan
Jun 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021-challenge
Dang Thomas! That guy will do anything for love, including going to the jungle to rescue his old girlfriend.
He meets an interesting group of people heading to the jungle to find a lost Aztec temple and how they end up working together.
Great story, throughly enjoyed it and meeting Camilla.
Tracy
Jun 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing as always

I don't know how one man always ends up in the strangest predicaments, but Thomas Prescotts adventures are always interesting. A great read. I can't wait for the next one!
Meledy Swayze
Lovin Prescott

Wonderful happy feeling read! Cant wait for the next one- The action and plot move along swiftly and smoothly and i like that in a book-
Wendy J Desjarlais
Another Great Thomas Prescott Book

I really enjoyed the setting of this book. The Amazon is intriguing and mysterious, and Thomas is never boring. Loved it!
Staci Fecura
May 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Such a great book, Nick Pirog never disappoints!

• The End of Her
  • A Promised Land
  • Black (Black, #1)
  • Black Is The New Black (Black, #3)
  • Black Is Back (Black, #2)
  • BLACK To Reality (Black, #4)
  • Nothing More Dangerous
  • Black Cat 2-1: The True Story of a Vietnam Helicopter Pilot and His Crew
  • Idaho Falls: The Untold Story of America's First Nuclear Accident
  • Fully Loaded (The Silencer #2)
  • The Silencer (The Silencer #1)
  • CRASH DIVE: The Complete Series (Books 1-6)
  • Blowback (The Silencer #4)
  • Hard Target (The Silencer #3)
  • In Search of a Kingdom: Francis Drake, Elizabeth I, and the Perilous Birth of the British Empire
  • To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
  • The Black Flamingo
  • The Secret Stealers
Nick Pirog is the bestselling author of the Thomas Prescott series, the 3:00 a.m. series, and The Speed of Souls. He lives in South Lake Tahoe with his two pups, Potter and Penny.

Thomas Prescott (5 books)
  • Unforeseen (Thomas Prescott #1)
  • Gray Matter (Thomas Prescott, #2)
  • The Afrikaans (Thomas Prescott Book 3)
  • Show Me (Thomas Prescott #4)