Start by marking “Her Empire (Mafia Made #2)” as Want to Read:
Her Empire (Mafia Made #2)

Her Empire

(Mafia Made #2)

👑From award winning author E.M. Shue comes a new dark mafia romance written in USA Today Bestselling Author KL Donn’s Mafia Made World.👑

Anatonia is a killer. Until Vitaly comes for her. Now she will protect the hitman.

Anatonia is the head bodyguard for the Morello Mafia. She will kill anyone that comes close to Posy for Natale Morello. It's what she was raised to do.

Kill.

S

To ask other readers questions about Her Empire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Empire

Start your review of Her Empire (Mafia Made #2)
Lynne Garlick
Apr 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Days!! I want to be Anatonia!! She is badass!! I first met her in His Kingdom, she is there to help protect the Morellos and in particular she becomes a solid support for Posy. It's almost like they are kindred spirits. When I found out her back story, I totally understood why and my heart literally broke in two!
When Vitaly first lays eyes on Anatonia sparks fly and he realises that there is so much more here at play. But she has unfinished business to attend to, can she afford to get di
Bego
Apr 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
Love Ana!! She's really strong and badass, and Vitaly was great. Once I started I couldn't put it down, it was a quick read but good, with all the feelings.

It can be read as standalone but better if you read His Kingdom, so you're more into the story and characters.

Triggers: violence, rape (memories not detailed but you get it).
Safe. No OW drama. 2 epilogues.
Krissy C
Shae
May 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5

Ana and Vitaly! This story sucks you in. The action, suspense, steam, the alpha main characters are all in this story.

Ana is a trained killer, but she is also a Mafia Princess who is protecting a rival family from her uncle. She has seen and done so much. However, her goal is to revenge the killing of her parents. As she moves through her list, she is getting close to the last two men responsible, when a hit is called on her.

Vitaly is the hitman sent to end Ana. He is the best in his
Mindy Chase-selder
Anatonia’s Redemption

I love this series! Anatonia has been through so much abuse, physical, mental,and emotional. Working for the family that she trained to kill is one of her ways of getting her revenge on the men that have hurt her. When her past tries to harm the family that’s she has sworn to protect she knows that it is time to end it once and for all. Vitally contracted to take out a woman as his last job. There is so much about this one that doesn’t add up. There’s something about this w
Rosa Dunahue
May 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Her Empire by E. M. Shue

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Her Empire is a hot mafia romance. You can’t help but fall in love with Anatonia and Vitaly. Anatonia is everything you want in kick ass heroine. Vitaly is the hero no one expected.
After everything Anatonia has went through in her life now she wants to finish her revenge list and move on. Then she meets Vitaly who was sent to kill her by her uncle but instead falls her. That where their life take a turn and now she has something to fight for their love. But
Apr 28, 2021 rated it liked it
3 1/2 Stars
I’m not sure what to say about this story. There is lots of sex and many references to rape.

Anatonia has lived for though he’ll and come out the other side stronger.

“I don’t need you. I’ve survived so far. I’m a ghost. Prizrak. I died a long time ago when he took everything from me. My soul. My future. My life.

Vitally is sent to eliminate her but ends up protecting her.

“Does the kitten have claws?” He taunts me, and I squeeze as I flip back off him, using his body as leverage. I land
Michelle Miller
Apr 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amazing-read
I have personally known this author for over 30 years. Her work is action-packed, fast paced and full of Happily for Nows. This book is no exception. Her Empire takes you into the world of a badass female lead character named Anatonia, how was trained from a very young age to become an assassin for the Bratva. Her current mission-- protect the family she was trained to kill. Through this journey, Anatonia falls in love with a man named Vitaly. The strong Alpha Male. Vitaly has a secret-- He is t ...more
Leslee
May 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a heroine who is a take charge, extensively trained warrior, Ana is the chick for you! I absolutely adored her. She is tough, well schooled in weapons and fighting, stealth and going in for the kill. Her past has defined her but she keeps it locked away. Vitaly made a terrible bargain and kill a woman to get out of the Bratva. How can he pull the trigger when every day his desire burns out of control? Vitaly is amazing, the chemistry between him and Ana is hotter than the ...more
Ashley Johnston
Shelves: real-wtr
I loved this story about Anatonia and Vitaly. Anatonia was a kick butt woman who was smart and had confident. Vitaly, although he started with plans to take her out, ends up finding out his feelings get stronger for her throughout the story. This story had me glued to the pages from the moment I started reading it. Anatonia and Vitaly had a connection that was hot, and their scenes together were even hotter. This was the second book in this series, but the first one I've read. Now I am going to ...more
Kelchickbooklover
May 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a dark romance that sees a woman that has been raised to be a killer. Ana has everything she has ever known taken from her, family, innocence and her life. She is the head bodyguard for the Morello Mafia but there is a hit on her. She had a job to do but defied her uncle and now he wants her dead.

Vitaly has been sent to kill Ana by her uncle. He has a morals and that is he will not kill women, children and the innocent, however he does not know his hot is a female. He falls for her and w
Jennifer Soppe
May 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Takes a trip towards the darker side of the night

Anatonia, Jane of all things killing, has gone to her father’s home country to protect the Morello family and briefly encounters Vitaly, a Bratva hitman, at the courthouse. As the story progresses the situation becomes personal, their reason for meeting becomes known, and side players pushing for results could derail everything they have gained. E.M. Shue takes a trip towards the darker side of the night than her Securities International series. I
Tianna
May 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Her Empire is everything I wanted it to be! Antonia and Vitaly are explosive in many ways and this second book in the series didn’t miss a single step. The story was a smooth transition from His Kingdom and the ride just continues on. Action packed and intriguing are two things that kept me going throughout. I was always waiting to see where Antonia was going to take things. She’s definitely one of a kind and I love how fluid the characters stayed even with a different author at the helm.

E.M. Sh
Carolyn Spence
Apr 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Antonia and Vitaly - AWESOME. I think that Antonia is even more bad-ass then Vitaly. She's an assassin, but has questionable heritage, so Vitaly thinks, there are a few holes and he wants to dig deeper before he completes his assignment. This book was intense from page one, and it continues right up until the very last page. Hang on to your hats as you go on this roller-coaster of a ride. I absolutely loved Antonia and I melted near the end with Vitaly when they confront their common enemy. Epil ...more
Cassie Ashford
May 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Ana is a bad*** however she had horrible things done to her in order to make her that way. She hasn’t lost her conscience which makes me love her and want to be her.

Vitaly is my new book boyfriend! The piercings, hair, beard and personality is a total package for me! I’d let him have me and protect me any day.

Vitaly’s devotion to Ana is heartbreaking to know he would do anything for her. She is his beloved and will stop at nothing to make sure she is safe.

I loved the ending but was so sad to
Linda
May 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This story packs so many punches!

Strong heroine and hero! I think you might just fall in love with Vitaly; I did! Ana, wow!

The words on these pages will have you feeling different emotions, good and bad!

Great addition to the trilogy, though it can be read alone!

Ms. Shue, you've done it again!

Easy to read in one-sitting, but over far too soon!

I received an advanced reader copy, and this is my honest and voluntary review.
Tiffany Mahaxay
May 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow I never thought this series would get any better then the first book, but I was wrong, so wrong!! I love how strong Anatonia is. She a train killer for the Morello. A bodyguard for Posy but also a friend to Natale Morello too. But she is the niece of the Bocharov Brava boss. Now the Russian boss her uncle wants her dead, and he send in his best hit man Vitaly! This book will draw you in for the being. But I think you would have to read the first book to get to know more of Anatonia story. Lo ...more
Kerry Boulanger
May 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in advance for a voluntary honest review. Loved it! It was refreshing to have a story line of a woman who was abused as a girl and came out the other side a bad a$$ killer. Anatonia protects the Morello family, but soon her past rears its ugly head and she must face the demons of her past. Vitaly has been hired to assassinate one last mark before he get out of the Russian crime life for good. Everything changes when he meets Anatonia, his mark. Sparks ignite and so do their ...more
Cindi
May 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I love reading books by E.M. Shue, she has an amazing ability to captivate an audience with her words and storytelling ability. This story is somewhat dark (as it has a mafia related storyline) but it really captured the raw emotions and mindset of those that have been abused and conditioned by their environment and upbringing. The characters and story are well developed and draw you into their world. **This story contains graphic scenarios of violence and sexual abuse so please read with cautio ...more
thenerdybookworm_
May 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I’m loving this series by KL Donn and EM Shue! Her Empire is book 2 in the Mafia Made series.

When there’s a threat against the family she’s sworn to protect, Anatonia knows it’s time to face her past once and for all. Vitaly is contracted to kill Anatonia but upon meeting her, he feels an immediately pull towards her. And he’ll do everything in his power to make her is.

I loved Anatonia from the moment she was introduced in His Kingdom. She’s such a strong woman and I love that she can kicka**. H
Audrey Krofchick
Apr 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I read of EM Shue but it won’t be the last. It was absolutely fantastic. I have been waiting on this book since Anatonia was introduced in His Kingdom by KL Donn. This book is about Anatonia who is a bada$$ woman and Vitaly. This book has it all, romance, steam factor and suspense. I would suggest reading His Kingdom first. My only complaint is that I read it too fast and it was over too soon. It left me wanting more. Now when is the next book???
Anna Mcdonnell
May 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Go Anatonia, Go! What a totally kick-butt chick. She was trained to be a killer/assassin/protector, all of it. Nobody thought to mess with her. Too bad Vitaly has come to kill her.

This dynamic of these two physically strong, trained killers was intense and hot. I truly enjoyed Ana and Vitaly. The attraction is instant but unknown and to see them develop and have this push/pull relationship was intense. In my opinion this can be read as a standalone but is better read within the series.
Jenn Allen
This story definitely hit my emotions. I really like Ana, I was interested in her character in the first book in this series and curious about her story. Her history is dark, the story and her memories are graphic and I could feel those emotions along with her. She and Vitaly are very intense and I enjoyed their push and pull. It's a wild ride, tears and rage, along with some gasps keep the story flowing.

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
An action-packed, adrenaline-fueled, sexually-charged story that will have you unable to put this down. Anatonia and Vitally are smoking hot together and their fighting had me turned on as well.

The story starts off in conjunction to some of the events of His Kingdom by KL Donn and we get a look into Ana’s life before and after. There may be some triggers but they’re perfect for the story and sets the stage for this amazing story. I was left satisfied but also wanting more.
Kendra
May 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oh my!! I wasn’t sure how a multiple author book series would be as I have read some joint efforts in the past and the writing styles were so disruptive that it was hard to get in the series! But NOT this book/series! EM Shue and KL Donn should work together all the time, what a powerhouse of authors! It was so good to hear the history and the back story of Anatonia and then the chemistry between her and Vitaly. I love this series and can’t wait to read what’s next!! Kudos!!
Beth Althouse
May 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
2 trained killers. 1 running from her past and the other tasked with killing her. Ana is a take no prisoners trained killer with a death wish to get revenge on the ones who killed her family. Vitaly is contracted to kill her so she cannot take over her mafia family. The chemistry between them both are off the charts hot. Can they come together to get the revenge and love they both deserve? A great addition to the Mafia Made series. 5⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Amanda M
Apr 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This story draws you in from the start. Anatonia and Vitaly are two fierce people that aren't going to take anything from anyone. Their story unpacks a lot in this fast paced read. You'll get some backstory, action, suspense and a slight surprise. It's a fantastic read and addition to this series. I'd recommend reading this one it doesn't disappoint. ...more
Carole
May 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Her Empire, by EM Shue, is book 2 is the mafia made series. This is Anatonia and Vitaly’s story. We met Anatonia in book 1, where she was the badass bodyguard with secrets about her past. Vitaly has secrets too, but the moment he sees her, his life is turned upside down. This is a cute story with action and romance from start to finish. 4.5⭐️
melanie allen
May 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
WOW I remember Anatonia from the first book by KL Donn so reading this book was like OMG so good. I read it in one afternoon as I just couldn’t put it down, this is the story of Anatonia and Vitaly it’s such an action packed story. You gotta love a story about a women who knows how to protect those she loves and cares for and who is deadly.
Cheyenne
May 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Her Empire was a great book with some very strong characters. I loved Anatonia and Vitaly’s story! We get to meet Ana in the the first book His Kingdom and I was glad to get her story. This book is dark, intense, and heartbreaking at times. I couldn’t put the book down once I started. I’m so interested to see where this series goes next! I would highly recommend!
Writer, wife and mother of three girls. This multi-published author likes her whiskey Irish, her chocolate dark and her hockey hard hitting. She’s an avid reader and you can find her Kindle packed full of all sub-genres of romance. When she isn’t writing action-adventure, suspense, and strong woman she’s spending time with her husband and three daughters.

She’s currently writing the hot and steamy

Mafia Made (3 books)
  • His Kingdom (Mafia Made #1)
  • His Jailbird (Mafia Made #3)

News & Interviews

Looking for some out-of-this-world reading this summer? Then we suggest taking a peek at these highly anticipated young adult books, all...