Start by marking “Kian's Focus (Brigs Ferry Bay, #2)” as Want to Read:
Kian's Focus (Brigs Ferry Bay, #2)

Kian's Focus

(Brigs Ferry Bay #2)

I lost my boyfriend on the night I had planned to propose.
It was a horrific accident that was all my fault.
I gave up and resigned myself into a life of obscurity.

Until I got a call that my sister, Sara, needed me.
It gave me purpose and I ran to her rescue.
Because that’s what I’ve done our whole lives.

That’s how I ended up in Brigs Ferry Bay.
But when I showed up, things wer
Published January 12th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Kian's Focus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kian's Focus

Start your review of Kian's Focus (Brigs Ferry Bay, #2)
Isabella. R
3 Scotch and Cocktail Stars ⭐

A grumpy fisherman walks into a gay bar. Okay so that's not exactly the story but it was kinda weird and NQR. Especially when teamed up with the flamboyant bar owner who wants to lick him all over. I just couldn't get on board with the dynamics.

Archer has moved back to Brigs Ferry Bay to help his sister and her kids. Although a favour to her, it ends up being a healing process for the pair of them. Returning from Alaska, not only has he left his old life behind, but
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~2.5~

I didn't like the first book of the series, but when I saw that Kian's Focus was written by a different author I decided to give it a go.

Sadly, Kian in this book is a different Kian than the one we met in book 1. He's not as sassy or funny or flamboyant. Granted, in book 1, we saw Kian as Jax saw him; this time we see Kian as Archer sees him and as Kian sees himself. Even so, book 1 Kian and book 2 Kian don't match.

My biggest gripe with this story, however, is that Sara, Archer's sister a
Crystal (Crystal_reads_)
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Misty Walker has done it again. Love this book, and she never disappoints. Whoever came up with Misty and K.Webster in the Brigs Ferry Bay series is a genius. I was hooked from the very beginning. It gutted me and then put me back together again.

We first meet Kian in Sherriff’s Secret, and I just loved him. Smart, kind, and caring. Owns a wine bar and Gay bar next to each other. He is flamboyant and sometimes conceded, but is loyal and gives his whole heart. I am in total awe of his strength.
25 Readings Or More
Jan 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
So this story was tougher and sadder than i thought 💔💔💔

Topic like the death of the one we love and depression are not easy ones; but the author balanced hurtful moments with funny and sweet ones, and the result is perfect.

I was not a fan of Kian after reading Sheriff's secret, but i had to change my mind:
he is not only the man who like to flirt and have fun, he is also caring and sweet. And what happened with Jax left a mark on him too.

And Archer...
Gosh that man had a shitty life, and even if
Miriam is semi-slumping
4.25 stars story!!!!!! I absolutely love love MMRs with sassy twinks with unfiltered mouths and hearts of gold. That was Kian through and through! I absolutely adored him and his hilarious friends. I hope they get stories of their own.

I'm so upset I have to wait until next week for book 3.😫😫😫
ellie
this was super underwhelming. it didn’t feel like a romance at all. the plot was more focused around the side plots which overwhelmed the romance which was put on the back burner. and because of that it felt like there was little to no development between Kian and Archer. it would go from 0 to 100 suddenly, then back down to 0 bcos the side plot decided to take over.

and i was totally anticipating a conversation/confrontation between Kian and Jax bcos they totally needed to discuss their pasts a
Marley Valentine
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I'm back in Brigs Ferry Bay and Misty Walker's story has solidified that this is where I shall stay for the rest of my days.

Kian's Focus is the second instalment in the Brigs Ferry Bay series, and it is the perfect follow up to book one. Not shying away from loss and heartache, Walker's characters go on a perfectly imperfect journey of heartbreak and healing.

Opposite's in every way Kian and Archer's connection is unexpected yet unmistakeable. Packed with heat and and heart, and layered with a m
Airy
Feb 08, 2022 rated it liked it
A.M. Johnson
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Jesus Christ this book. Ok. So. I'm raw. I just finished and I'm a mess and I'm happy and I'm filled with so much love for Archer. I think he is one of my most favorite characters ever. I love how flawed Kian and Archer are and how they grow together. Kian especially. I wanted to shake him sometimes lol, but then he grows so much and it's so beautiful to watch. I love when an author can make you so angry and so sad and so happy at the same time. This book takes you on such a journey, vivid from ...more
Jessica Alcazar
You guys … this book is good! I mean like really good! I had the pleasure of reading Kian’s Focus immediately after finishing Sheriff’s Secret so that might have added a bit to my euphoria over this story but not much. All my bliss came from the story and the exemplary way Misty Walker once again blew my heart to smithereens and glued it back together all in fell swoop! I was already madly in love with Brigs Ferry Bay and its community, both the good and bad, but now I am next level crazy in lov ...more
⭐Toonasa⭐ •Romance Book Lovers' Haven•
A Well-Written Sweet Heart-aching MM Story With Loss, Guilt, Hurt, Living Again, Choices, Falling, Being there for eachother, Love+Care & Gorgeous HEA.
I loved Kian, Archer + their Family & Friends. I was so excited to see Kian's HEA, DEVOURED this story in 6hrs.
#My 1st by Misty Walker and I'm so going for more!

We know Kian from the previous book..
Kian; Flamboyant, Bubbly, Funny, Charismatic, loyal; is the owner of a Bar & a Gay club which are side by side. I love his personality❤. He's been burn
Cat Nunez
Dec 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romances
This was my first book by the author and I really enjoyed it, especially because it’s a M/M romance and I love reading them. Besides I wanted to read Kian’s story and see his HEA.

Archer and Kian were amazing, I loved how sweet and caring Archer was with his niece and nephew, and despite not being very open about his life at first, little by little he started trusting Kian and their scenes were really hot and steamy!🔥

Kian was wonderful too, he was always there for his friends and everyone around
Siobhan
Jan 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Kian’s Focus is the second book in the Brigs Ferry Bay series, and I was eager to read it after enjoying Sheriff’s Secret. I’ll be honest and say I did not enjoy this quite as much as I enjoyed the first book, but it certainly had me hooked and left me eager for more.

After falling in love with Kian in the first book, I was curious to find out about the man who’d win his heart. Within no time, I had fallen in love with the characters and their story, leaving me desperate to see how the pieces wou
Mirjam

“My very own good luck fucking charm.”

Book 2 in the series is about Kian Abrams, Sheriff Jaxson Bell's high school sweetheart. Kian, 29, loves his life, he has a sparkling personality and is proud of his ass that is perky and bubbly. My best ass-et, really.
Contrary to Kian, Archer Warren, 40 a sexy, beefy, hunky, hulking man is sad and is hurting over losing his boyfriend. On top of all that he has come to Brigs Ferry Bay to take care of his depressed younger sister and her two child
Nicole Dykes
Dec 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Where to start? I loved this book. It touched on very real, very difficult subjects and Misty handled it beautifully! It was so well written and I literally refused to put it down. I started it last night, read til 1or 2 in the morning and then immediately started reading again when I woke up!

It was so good! Love, love, loved it!
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

“Kian’s Focus” is the second book of the “Briggs Ferry Bay” series by the author Misty Walker. Told in dual perspectives , get ready to meet Archer and Kian!!

Another amazing MM romance in this series! I am just so addicted. The way Misty writes is amazing and this is the first MM book of her that i have read and she sure did not disappoint!

Kian’s story was a tale of love and sacrifice. He was a gay man and a shy one too. He had already bee
Stephanie (Teacups & Tropes)
May 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, read-in-2021
4✨

Kian is probably my favorite character. Other than Cato. I love him too 😂 The Gays of BFB are absolute best and Mayor Bell can go fall in a deep hole.

Archer and Kian were SIGHHEARTS. They took some time to truly come to together but it was for good reasons.
✿❀ Lauren, aka Coffee and the Bibliophile ❀✿

Kian's Focus by Misty Walker was an emotional, heartwrenching, steamy MM romance set in the unique Maine town of Brigs Ferry Bay.

The opening to this book broke my heart. It ACHED for Archer and what he lost. That man was so stoic, yet vulnerable. Dominant, yet considerate. The love he had for his sister, niece, and nephew was so beautiful. While fighting his own darkness it prevented him from seeing his sister's and that resulted in a scary situation. Luckily, only positive things came from that
Autumn Grey
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing

Be still my angst- loving heart! Kian’s Focus is both heartwarming and heart wrenching. It’s a story of loss, forgiveness, acceptance, and finding love again. This story checked all the boxes I love in romance!

This is the second M/M romance story I have read by Misty Walker, and I have to say she met and exceeded my craving for this genre. Right off the bat, Misty captured my attention with one of the most heartbreaking opening scenes I've ever read in this opposites attract story. And as the st
Sarah~ Book Obsession Confessions
Right from the start I was hit in the emotions and teary eyed! What an incredibly emotional beginning!
The characters and their story are simply AMAZING!
It’s a story with a quite few heavy/emotional storylines... and yet it also made me laugh, smile and swoon!
All the emotions were hit so well. So perfectly balanced.
The hot factor is scorching! These two men are fire!
I love their opposite personalities, it really makes the interactions so lively. I adore them both!
The secondary characters are incr
TheBookPlatypus
Jan 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Misty Walker book and I have to say,
I’m a new fan. She wrote a story that had emotional tragedy, real ass shit, humor, swoon worthy romance, and belly-laughing-humor all in one book. It was perfect.
🦞
“Archer’s full of passion and intensity. It’s what drew me to him. I’m the ocean, calm and steady. But he’s the waves, turbulent and unpredictable.”
🦀
Archer and Kian. Well. We know a little about Kian if you read the first book Sheriffs Focus. He’s a flamboyant openly gay and proud
Jillian
I have been meaning to read this author for a while but I’ve been listening to audiobooks almost exclusively the past year, so Kian’s Focus is the first book that I have read by her. It definitely won’t be the last. This book knocked my socks off! I loved it. I hated each time I had to put it down and couldn’t wait to get back to it. Now, over a day later, I still can’t stop thinking of the main characters, Kian and Archer. Reading this book was such a delicious escape from reality. I was so com ...more
 Linathebookaddict
Jan 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
I thoroughly enjoyed this!!!!
I adored the first book in the series and I was very excited about Kian's story.
Let me say that I absolutely loved Archer. He was a wonderful match for Kian.
I enjoyed how sweet and heartwarming this was. When I first met Kian in the first book, I didn’t know what to make of him.
But this book gave me a proper look into his character and I fell in love with him.
Archer and Kian couldn't be more different and yet they were so right for each other.
There is humor, emot
MissPetiteBrunetteBookBlog
Kian owns a wine bar called Focus and a club called Blur in the quaint town of Brigs Ferry Bay. He used to secretly date the Sheriff a long time ago but he is out, proud and ready to find true love...one day. When a Fisherman named Archer moves to the small town to help his sister out after her husband leaves, he never imagined finding a friend or love again after a tragic accident. That was before he meets the vibrant Kian during an interesting incident. Can they help each other to move on? Thi ...more
R
Jan 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Kian is still getting over the love of his young life picking another man. Archer is still in mourning from losing the love of his life in an unspeakable accident. Two men, neither saw the other coming.

This book was by turns happy and sad. Kian’s character is snarky and sweet, while Archer carries around the weight of the world. Depression (sometimes severe) is a delicate issue and I thought the author did a good job of portraying the challenges that have to be dealt with in living with and trea
Cindy M. Green
Jan 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
Oh Kian and Archer, you were meant to be!

These two were broken, but when their jagged pieces came together they fit perfectly! They both had baggage, Kian from high school and Archer losing his love in a tragic accident a short time ago. They soothed something in each other that was profoundly hurt. Archer was stubborn at times, but Kian didn't let go when Archer tried to push him away.

I loved their dynamic, the inclusion of the secondary characters was just right and the chemistry between Kian
Bourbon, Books and Brenda
Kian's Focus is book two in the Brigs Ferry Bay Series, and it is PHENOMENAL!
******
Overall Rating: 5 Stars
Steam: 4 flames
Genre: MM Romance / Opposites Attract
******
I just recently discovered Misty Walker when I read Birdie's Biker and I was impressed with her writing. However, this book has turned me into a devoted stalker and she is now a one-click author for me.

Kian's Focus was so much more than I could have imagined and it was literally a perfect story, with perfectly imperfect characters,
Sandie Chraponski
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I mean wow, just wow. It’s no surprise to me that I would love the story, I mean it’s a Misty Walker story, and I love her writing. She has the ability to bring you into a story and you never want to leave, she gives the characters such depth and demension that they become more than just characters in a story.

This is a story about Archer and Kian, this is not a fairytale romance, this is a journey of emotion and vulnerabilities of two men coming to terms with their insecurities and their sense o
Simply Love Book Reviews
Feb 01, 2021 rated it really liked it

After being introduced to the small town of Brigs Ferry Bay and its sexy lawman in Sheriff’s Secret, I instantly adored the feel of the community and the people in it. I truly wanted to love this story as much as I did the first, but sadly it fell short for me.

In Sheriff’s Secret, we met Jax, the small town sheriff who as a teen chose hiding his sexuality rather than coming out to be with his boyfriend, Kian. Kian was as much resentful of Jax as he was still pining for his first love al
Michelle - Your Favorite Book Bag
“I’m the ocean, calm and steady. But he’s the waves, turbulent and unpredictable.”

Kian has always been one step ahead. He is put together on the outside in his bow ties and suspenders, owns two flourishing businesses and has the best group of friends. What he doesn’t realize he needed most was for someone to come in and crash into the calm and throw his life off balance.

Archer is empty. Struggling with crippling loss, he is starting over as a broken man and finds himself with his sister and chil

• Bossy Mr. Frosty (Brigs Ferry Bay #1.5)
  • Take Me Away (Southern Bride, #6)
  • Shift of Morals (Kingdom of Wolves, #5)
  • Feuds and Reckless Fury
  • Hard to Hold (Play Hard #2)
  • Not So Sincerely, Yours (For Him, #2)
  • The Revenge Pact (Kings of Football, #1)
  • Cup of Joe (Bold Brew, #1)
  • Mafia Casanova
  • The Relationship Pact (Kings of Football, #3)
  • Forsaken Trail (Runaway, #4)
  • Charisma Check (Roll for Love, #2)
  • His Lost Love (Manhattan Billionaires, #1)
  • He Made Me Stay
  • When We Met  (Moments in Boston, #2)
  • Right as Raine (Aster Valley #1)
  • All I Wanna Do (Hell's Phoenix MC #1)
See top shelves…
Misty Walker is a romance author with books in multiple subgenres, including gay, biker, and contemporary.

She's been in the book and audiobook industry for many years, though she's only been publishing since 2019.

Misty currently resides in the high desert of Reno, NV with her husband and two daughters. She enjoys camping in her comfy travel trailer, reading, and writing.

Book Titles:
Vindicated
Conve

Brigs Ferry Bay (4 books)
  • Sheriff's Secret (Brigs Ferry Bay, #1)
  • Callan's Atlas (Brigs Ferry Bay, #3)
  • Leif's Serenity (Brigs Ferry Bay #4)