Start by marking “Brightly Burning Bridges” as Want to Read:

(Kings of Capital #3)

From the author of Infamous and The Estate comes an enemies-to-lovers romance unlike anything you've ever read

Silas

He wasn’t my friend until he became my enemy.
His center is freezing cold,
and his edges burn me when I get too close.
He is everything I want and nothing I am.
They say not to burn bridges,
but he burned ours to the ground.

Skyler

She is the girl who wants to be see
Kindle Edition
Published March 27th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Brightly Burning Bridges, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brightly Burning Bridges

Start your review of Brightly Burning Bridges
Nedra
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I am completely at a loss for words with this masterpiece by Ivy. When I found out she (Ivy) was pairing Skyler with Silas, I told her she was going to have to really prove herself for Silas to deserve someone as great of a character as Skyler and boy, did she excel with his worthiness of Sky!! You never really know or understand what others experience daily that shapes their personality and Silas was the perfect opportunity to prove this to be true.

The amount of passion mixed with turmoil, des
V.💜GreedyThirstForForbidden🖤

⭐️5 burning brightly stars⭐️

Sky and Si’s story is a tale of two apparently opposite people, coming from two worlds apart, both facing their problems in different ways, so contrasting yet both of them fitting together so perfectly in the life jigsaw. A burning matching pair with a brightly lit hot core.

An angst filled bully romance, a solid plot a well written story with wonderful perfectly imperfect characters.

I first met Silas in The Estate, it goes without saying his standoffish attitude cau
Brenda
Mar 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brightly Burning Bridges is my first Ivy Wild book, and I'm so glad it was this book.
Brightly Burning Bridges is a beautiful enemies to lovers/second chance romance. BBB has a fresh feel to it that I absolutely love.
Silas, a broody, swoony alpha who you can't help but love and want to throttle at the same time.
Skylar, the heroine is unique strong and loyal. Their story sucks you in and captivates you from the very start.
The venom, passion, beauty* and heat explode off the pages! I can't say e
Melissa  ❤️ bookaddict_fanatic
After reading The Estate I did not like Silas, in fact, I couldn't stand him and knew there was no way in hell that man could be redeemed......it would take a freaking miracle for that to happen!

"He wasn't a friend, until he became an enemy. He wasn't warm, until he became cold. He wasn't kind, until he became vicious. He was everything to me and nothing to me all at the same time. And I felt everything for him and nothing for him all at the same time."

This story was not what I expected, the twi
Liz Parker
Mar 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
OMG So freaking brilliant. Just when you didn’t think you could love anyone more than Connor, boom in comes Silas!

I adored him, in all his dirty talking, alpha loving badness. And Skye, total girl crush, she was so adorable. I love how they are with each other, the connection, the attraction. My kindle couldn’t handle Silas dirty talk and the heat between these 2 🔥🔥🔥

Another fabulous read - unputdownable 🖤🖤
Kerri❤
Feb 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Breathtakingly Beautiful Journey!💛

“𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓲𝓮𝓻𝓬𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝓽𝓮, 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓮𝓮𝓹𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮."

Silas and Skyler's journey is breathtaking beautiful and is one hella of an emotional rollercoaster & it honestly will have you trying to turn pages quicker than you can read. Its a heart wrenching journey that has all the feels and leaves you swooning for Silas Jenkins.

Honestly INSTANTLY i was loving Silas's vibe & character!! His wit will leave you smiling but damn his possessiveness is sexy & who doesn't love an a
Zsuzsanna's Reading Corner
Ivy Wild did it again! I would give 100 starts to this book if I could!

If you like a second chance, bully romance,this book is definitely for you!

Silas is a grumpy. broken boy who needs to be put back together. Who doesn't like a broken alpha ? Ivy makes you fall in love with him so easily, you just want to cuddle him and keep him safe.

Sklyer is the perfect heroin for Silas. She is strong, independent and doesn't let people walk all over her . She sees the good in Silas and helps him find his
Jules Malone
Feb 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oh my!! This book knocked my socks off. Silas was a character from previous book by Ivy Wild and I was so excited to see where she took his story. I was surprised and kept on my toes and I absolutely loved it. Skylar, the other main character is also a continuation of a character from another one of Ivys books. I love that do not need to have read the books prior to this one as they are all stand alone stories. Ivy is very detailed in her character development and I just love seeing the growth f ...more
Biggs_bookcase
Feb 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Gotta love a two for one in a romance book! This is a bully and a second chance romance all rolled into one! Silas is the rich jerk who thinks he can be a jerk to everyone then just apologize or pay them off. This doesn’t work with Skylar, who is is just a girl stuck in his school because her mom is the help. A priceless shattered vase and a homework arrangement to pay it off, force these two together. The push and pull is angsty and heart breaking. Then ten years pass and they have moved on. Or ...more
Madhur Mehta
Mar 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful story

I am so glad I read this book. The intensity in this book is so hot. It's so damn beautifully written. I loved the equation between Skylar and Silas.

I loved both these characters alot. Both of these characters are super intense and fight with their own set of insecurities. They are different yet the same.

The intensity and the plot in this book will keep you hooked till the end and you will fall in love with Silas and Skylar. The romance is swoon worthy.

I loved how Ivy Wild hand
ACarver
Mar 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2021
Brightly Burning Bridges by Ivy Wilds was the first book I’ve read from this author, and it won’t be the last.

This was an enemies to lovers romance but so much more too. It was a beautiful story with an amazing storyline and deep character development.

I’m swooning over Silas. He’s what we all love in our enemies to lovers romance! But he’s very multi-dimensional too.

And Skylar!!! I absolutely love her. She’s incredibly resilient and has the kindest heart.

Together these two are fire! The emotion
Karen_
Mar 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
(Kings of Capital #3)
Written by: Ivy Wild

To say that Ivy Wild has done it again might be a bit of an understatement. She has hit a grand slam outta the park home run with Brightly Burning Bridges.

Silas Jenkins, oh I remember this man from The Estate, I thought he was the biggest jerk ever! Well now I know why he was the biggest jerk ever and to see a jerk reform, well hell!

Skylar Jackson, love this girl so much and what I love even more is seeing her step up and show the
Stacey Gomez
Mar 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first book that I read from this author, she is new to me and I'm glad that I took the chance to read this book. This is the story of two broken souls that met by chance and seemed to be gravitating towards one another. Skylar who is conundrum of complicated and beautiful and wanting to known but not just to be stared at. But, she slowly becomes friends with Silas Jenkins Kings Academy who is a grade a$$hole to his fellow classmates that doesn't see his true self. Yet there is sso muc ...more
Rhiannon King
Mar 06, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book I've read by this author, I was completely sucked in to this book and Skyler and Silas's journey from enemies to lovers. This book shows just how much opposites attract.

Silas is your typical rich douche playboy, I'm sure you know the type humps and dumps without giving a dawn about anyone's feelings. He puts on this facade for the rest of world, always wearing a mask but what happens when that one girl comes along and your mask starts slipping? Well guess you're going to
Kerri’s Reading Corner
🖤Now Live🖤
Amazon US:https://amzn.to/3knuJ8V
Universal: https://geni.us/brightlyburningbridges

4.5 Redemption Stars

“Silas Jenkins. He wasn’t a friend, until he became an enemy. He wasn’t warm, until he became cold. He wasn’t kind, until he became vicious. He was everything to me and nothing to me all at the same time.”

This is my first Ivy Wild book and I really liked it. I wasn’t sure what to expect as her writing style and characters were completely new to me and I’m definitely glad I jumped in.

S
Jamie Stahl
Feb 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Enemies to lovers to enemies and back again! And who doesn't love a great villain redemption story?!

If you read The Estate and Infamous, you will recognize some characters, but this can 100% be read as a standalone.

This is a beautiful, complex, sexy story!
Bre Landers
Feb 26, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars for this Enemies to Lovers and Second Chance Romance

This is my first Ivy Wild book, and I’m in love. The writing style was so unique I couldn’t help but fall for the way the words flowed. This book goes back and forth from past to present as this intricate story unfolds.

Silas and Skyler are a bomb waiting to go off. There is so much pent up attraction and chemistry you could cut through it with a knife.
You get to meet this couple when they’re older and as you learn a bit more about
Maria S.
Apr 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Once again, FIVE stars for Ivy Wild's book! This story is IT!!!

It took reading Wild's first ever book (Infamous) for her to get on my top authors list, and her newest release, Brightly Burning Bridges just locked her place on this list even more!!!
Oh my heart, Brightly Burning Bridges was AMAZING!!! Heart-fluttering, butterflies-fluttering-in-my-stomach, all-the-feels AMAZING!!! Everyone who knows me, knows that enemies-to-lovers is my all-time favourite trope! There is nothing like reading ab
More.Books.Forever
Silas and Skyler oh how I freaking love them!!!! Silas is the rich douche who thinks the world bows to him and can treat people however the hell he wants and not have to apologize for it. Then there is Skyler the stunning beauty who tries not to be noticed but is the one person who could care less that Silas I’d rich and she will not put up with his crap. Their first meeting and their chemistry is off the charts hot! They have this push pull between them that is undeniable. Skyler seems to be th ...more
Stacey
Feb 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
BRIGHTLY BURNING BRIDGES🔥

By @ivywildauthor

🔥Sɪʟᴀꜱ Jᴇɴᴋɪɴꜱ. Hᴇ ᴡᴀꜱɴ’ᴛ ᴀ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ, ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ʜᴇ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴀɴ ᴇɴᴇᴍʏ. Hᴇ ᴡᴀꜱɴ’ᴛ ᴡᴀʀᴍ, ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ʜᴇ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴅ. Hᴇ ᴡᴀꜱɴ’ᴛ ᴋɪɴᴅ, ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ʜᴇ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴍᴇ ᴠɪᴄɪᴏᴜꜱ. Hᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴀᴍᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ. 🔥

This book is about Silas & Skyler who we saw a glimpse of in Ivy's previous books.

Silas has always had the reputation of being mean and cold, ever since school. He was horrible to Skyler back then but at the same time, on the rare occasion she saw the
Heather
Apr 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful

Not every love story has the perfect beginning, middle or end all tied up with a bow. This story is the epitome of long lost loves and how those who touch our souls at any point in life may represent more than we acknowledge ourselves.

Silas has grown so much demonstrating the transition from a boy to a man. Watching the two intertwine and overcome the pains of their past was absolutely beautiful.
Cheryl
Apr 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2021-reads
Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the author. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.

This review can also be found in Currant7 Recommends.
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

description

Coming after The Estate (Book 1), readers will remember Silas Jenkins as the cut-throat competitor of Carter Ross. Little is mentioned about Silas aside from his "bad deeds." I have questions on Silas' life and why he turned the way he did because those deeds were not kosh
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
Wow! Brilliantly written second chance romance!

Silas Jenkins, he's sassy, grumpy, and basically hates everyone. Actually hate requires some form of caring which Silas does not care about anything or anyone, except his mother. We find out early on that his mother is sick and dying and to the outside world money may look like it affords everything, but even money can't buy the one thing Silas really wants; his mother's life. The mask Silas wears outside of visiting his mother is indifference and t
Amanda Alaskan Reader
"You are the victim of a series of accidents"

This is the first book I've ever read by Ivy Wild, and this—though third in the Kings of Capital series—is a great standalone.

Silas and Skyler have a past: they were enemies, they were friends, they more than friends, they were enemies, they were strangers, and now...? It's been ten years since they've seen each other and it would seem that their hearts and minds are at war about what they are now; but right when they figure it out, it may have to cha
The Romantic Rush Blog
Ivy Wild is such a fresh new voice in the romance world, and I'm so glad I discovered her stories. Fraught with emotional tension, brimming with complex character development, and complicated but firey chemistry. Brightly Burning Bridges is an intense but redemptive bully second chance love story that completely captures you.

There's an emotional tenacity to the way Ivy tells her stories, and Silas and Skyler bring such intensity to the page. These two have emotional back and forth, especially as
Ghiselle James
Apr 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story gripped my heart and didn’t let go

Let me just first say that I really need to stop buying books because of the pretty covers. 😅 But, I’m happy that I had. Maybe if I’d read that this story was going to be about Silas, I probably wouldn’t have read it....

We first meet Silas in The Estate where he was the villain. A very unlikeable guy who is wished for more payback than he did. Truthfully, I was as disinterested in Silas as I was in getting my eyebrows slowly plucked one by one. So
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

Angst Rating : 5/10

Heat Rating : 7/10

Triggers Involved : None

Plot Summary :
Skyler is living a normal life. That is until a ghost from her past visits again. Silas was her enemy. That is the only relationship they had and that is the only thing she would ever let him have with her. But he has other plans.

Seeing S
Maddie (Bookaholic_Dreamer)
3.5/3.75 ⭐️

Brightly Burning Bridges is the first book I have read of author Ivy Wilds and after reading it, I am not really sure what to think or say.
I honestly didn’t know what to think or expect when it came to reading Skyler and Silas’s story. For which I am kind of glad, since I didn’t have to be disappointed that expectations not being met.

The book tells the story of Skyler ‘Sky’ Jackson and Silas Jenkins through dual POV, though set in the present day, there are chapters set in the past
Shannon Ricci-Mayronne
I will admit when I met Silas in The Estate, I wasn’t a fan. But, I was intrigued to see how Ivy told his story. Brightly Burning Bridges is part of the interconnected stand-alone series Kings of Capital.

This story is told from duel perspectives and Ivy alternates from the present to the past, giving us Silas and Skyler’s epic love story ten years in the making.

Their story begins ten years ago in their senior year of high school. Skyler is a new transfer and attending a King’s Academy as part
Melissa Machado
Mar 26, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

***Review copy requested and reviewed on behalf of OMGReads Blog***

Brightly Burning Bridges is an enemies to lovers, opposites attract, second chance, bully romance. It's part of the King's Capital Series but can be read as a standalone. This story focuses on Silas Jenkins and Skyler Jackson.

Silas in his teens years was bitter, angry, resentful, and hurting. He bullied and lashed out at others as a defense mechanism and partied any chance he got as a coping mechanism. He thinks numbing himself
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Wreck My Plans (North Haven University #3)
  • The Revenge You Seek (Maddison Kings University #1)
  • Tarnished Crown (Gravestone Elite, #2)
  • The Touch of a Villain (The Boys of Clermont Bay, #1)
  • Make You Beg
  • Shattered Legacy (Gravestone Elite, #1)
  • Off-Limits (Rixon High, #1)
  • Sins or Secrets (Sinful Bachelors Book 1)
  • Secret Beast (Beauty and the Beast Trilogy, #1)
  • The Better Bully
  • Sully (The Brotherhood, #3)
  • Gangsters And Guns
  • The Heir (Kingmakers)
  • Dear Love, I Hate You
  • Brutal Boy (Willow Heights Prep Academy: The Exile Book 2)
  • Badly Behaved
  • Requiem of the Soul (The Society Trilogy, #1)
  • Violent Tendencies: A Bloody Antihero Anthology
Writer of romance
Arguer of law
Misplacer of cell phone

Newsletter: https://ivywildromance.com/#subscribenew
Instagram: https://instagram.com/ivywildauthor
Facebook: https://facebook.com/ivywildromance
Twitter (is it still a thing?): https://twitter.com/ivywildauthor

Kings of Capital (3 books)
  • The Estate (Kings of Capital, #1)
  • Infamous