Start by marking “Sheriff's Secret (Brigs Ferry Bay, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sheriff's Secret (Brigs Ferry Bay, #1)

Sheriff's Secret

(Brigs Ferry Bay #1)

From USA Today bestselling author K Webster comes a steamy and emotional MM romance!

When you’re the sheriff of Brigs Ferry Bay, certain things are expected of you.
Marry a local girl, settle down, have a few kids. You know, the small-town dream.
But I’ve got a secret I’m terrified will get out.

I’m gay.
Not bi. Not curious. Not confused.
Just gay.
So, settling for that dream won
Published December 29th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Sheriff's Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sheriff's Secret

Start your review of Sheriff's Secret (Brigs Ferry Bay, #1)
Isabella. R
5 Burning Lust Stars ⭐

Sheriff's Secret is proof that K Webster is extremely versatile and can skillfully write multi genres. From dark, taboo or erotica, this time she delivered a sexy contemporary romance that had me grinning and swooning the entire time. I adored this. If the following is appealing, you gotta read this!

🍆 Small Town Romance
🍆 Enemies to Lovers
🍆 Unrequited Love
🍆 Closeted Sheriff who needs to get laid
🍆 Two Alpha Gay Men ~ who will come on top?
🍆 Sexual Awakening

Jaxson is the sherif
Crystal Bell
Dec 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Secret Sheriff is a heart wrenching and beautiful story. My heart goes out to Sheriff Jaxson Bell. I never wanted to reach out to a fictional character and adopt him. I didn’t expect this book to touch me so personally. However, K. Webster is so talented it did affect me on that level. She never disappoints me and writes some of the best mm romance books.

Jaxson was raised to be a straight model citizen, which is expected of him from his parents. He is so far in the closet and from his happines
Melanie A.
Jan 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Melanie by: Isabella. R
3.75 STARS!
"I don't know where this will all go, but as long as we go together, I trust you'll take us where we need to be."
A nice little smutty book with heart. 😍😍

I loved these two alphas together! Jax and Dante had my Kindle smoldering in my hands.
"You're in charge, Sheriff." I suck on his neck until he hisses. "Lay down the law like you mean it."
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Not Bad*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

The book centers around Jaxson ‘Jax’ Matthew Bell (29), the sheriff of Brigs Ferry Bay and this year’s president of the Brigs Ferry Bay Chamber of Commerce, and Dante Ivan Kincaid, from New York and the new Red Hake Bed & Breakfast owner. Jax has always followed his father's lead, as he's always looked up to him. However, this meant staying very deep into the closet, never showing who he true is and what he wants; a man. He didn't expect though, that the seriously hot Ne
Lana Reads
Jan 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kink
3,5 stars

The story was nothing new or original, but it was well written and the characters were believable. It felt too long in the middle, but I enjoyed those two and all the people around them, so I think I'm going to read more of the series.
Lorraine Lesar
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was ok
It must be me, right? cos’ 2* for a K. Webster 😳.
I just couldn’t get into it and once you realise you are page jumping - you know you are in trouble ☹️.
⭐Toonasa⭐ •Romance Book Lovers' Haven•
A Heart-aching Intense Story With Emotions, Swoons, Laughs, Acceptance, Suspense, Owning up to innerself, Plenty of Steam, Love and Gorgeous HEA❤.
I loved this MM story & It's good Characters so much! Once I started, I couldn't stop until the end, DEVOURED this in 7hrs.
#My 1st by K. Webster, The Writing was Phenomenal & the Story Well-Written with All the elements I Favor. So excited for more by her!
(I took my Sweet time to write this review so that it'll own up to this amazing Must read story!)

J
25 Readings Or More
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.75

This book was phenomenal 🤩🤩🤩
You know you're reading a great book when you are so involved in the story, the characters become your friends and you cheer at their successes and cry at they downfalls...
And that's exactly what happened to me reading Sheriff's secret!!

From the beginning my heart ached for Jax and his lonlyness: he denied his true nature, his happiness because he was afraid of his family and fellow citizens' reaction.
He doesn't live, he barely survive and it's painful to look at
Marley Valentine
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'M MOVING TO BRIGS FERRY BAY

There's no denying K. Webster kicks off this series with a B A N G! As usual Sheriff's Secret will have readers eating out of the palm of Webster's hand and desperately wanting more.

Jax and Dante are explosive together, their relationship real, their struggles relatable and their connection palpable. Heating up the pages with their enemies-to-lovers banter, readers will enjoy witnessing the way these two men transition from in-lust to in-love.

With a wonderful cast of
Jessica Alcazar
HOLY 4.5 stars BALLS, i love everything about this town!! *happy place*

Okay, so obviously I don’t love everything about BFB, that was my gut impulse as soon as I finished this delightful story, however, I do appreciate that Kristi made sure the town was realistically portrayed. Everything from the homophobia, to the outsider-phobia to the change-phobia to the love and quirky small-town feel of Brigs Ferry Bay was on-point. That is what made the story delightful, and the fact that as I read the s
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

"Sheriff's Secret" is the first book “Briggs Ferry Bay” by the bestselling author K.Webster. Told in dual perspectives , get ready to meet jax and Dante!!

About a few months , I didn’t even read MM and now I am so addicted , and I am totally blaming this author! Her MM books are my Jam and there is no way I am missing any book of hers! She writes the best MM ever! This book was another amazing installment by ehr , full of romance and suspen
C.L. Matthews
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Last book of 2020! RTC. 🖤
Amanda
Dec 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

Sheriff's Secret
by K. Webster is the first book in a new shared by authors series, Brigs Ferry Bay. I went into thinking I was getting a feel good small town MM romance with emotions. That was my bad because while it was definitely emotional it was missing the feel good vibe of most MM small town romances I read. The town of Brigs Ferry has some accepting kind people but more than a few homophobic hateful folk too. I really think the book should ha
Zizie
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Love this!! Rtc!
TheBookPlatypus
Dec 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“I’m not just closeted. I’m stuffed in the very back of the dark, lonely closet behind boxes of emotional baggage and sacks of fear of disappointing my father. I don’t know that I’ll ever be able to wade my way through it all just to even chance opening that door and peeking outside.”

Y’all. This book hurt my soul.
We have a man with extremely homophobic parents that’s terrified to be disowned by his family and town. He’s the sheriff. He believes once he announces he’s a gay man, his career and l
Chrissy Busick
Dec 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
So to be completely honest I am not a huge fan of M/M romance. However, I am a huge K Webster fan, and sometimes in life the author is more important than the book. Most of the M/M romances I have read up to now have been written by K Webster. What can I say, her writing just speaks to me. This book was no different.

I quickly fell in love with all of the characters in this story. The strong Sheriff, the villainous big city man, the quirky flirty Cato. So many interesting an unique characters. I
ML
Jan 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Hot chemistry in this frenemy romance

Dante swoops into town and demolished how orderly Sheriff Kincaid’s life was...in the best of ways.

This is a book about accepting and being happy with who you are. The ripple affects can be huge.
Loved these characters with all their flaws.
They definitely worked hard for that HEA
MissPetiteBrunetteBookBlog
What a beautiful and touching story!! As the Sheriff of Brigs Ferry Bay , Jaxson Bell is suppose to be an upstanding citizen and follow what people expect of him. He isn’t “typical” for this small town though as he has a secret. He likes men. When the new annoying but gorgeous B&B owner, Dante Kincaid comes to town, Jax might finally test his will to live for himself and come out of hiding. He knows the new B&B will bring change their quiet town but maybe that’s just what they need in Brigs Ferr ...more
Kandace Denys (bookish_kayy)
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Fun fact: I was seriously persuaded to read my first MM just months ago, and it was a heavily recommended K Webster book(Wicked Lies Boys Tell) that ended up being my first. Now here we are, and every single time she releases an MM, I think I fall more and more in love.
The characters are always incredibly dynamic, captivating me from the very beginning. This was an all in one day kind of book for me. I accidentally relocated to BFB, and this is after all I wanted was to be in Hood River.
But that
R
Dec 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Brigs Ferry Bay, small town, with a hunk of a sheriff named Jaxson. Dante, big city boy, starting a new life in a small town. Jax knows he’s gay but losing his job and family if he come out has him terrified. Dante wants a weekend with the sexy sheriff, no strings. But since both men get all tangled up in those strings, it gets messy.

Most of the characters were larger than life and funny. Lots of strong personalities filled the pages. The author writes delightful men and did a good job of showin
Amy Stauffer
Holy, wow. If I could sum this book up with one, short sentence, it would be: hot with a plot.

This story has it all: two alpha males, an extremely closeted main character, an out and proud main character, angst, steam, humor, mystery, charming side characters, and an idyllic setting. It will touch on every emotion you could possibly have, and leave you thankful for it.

As surly as Jax comes off, you can’t help but love him. I hate that he has to hide the biggest part of himself, and I hate that h
Siobhan
Dec 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sheriff’s Secret is the first book in the Brigs Ferry Bay series, and it has me desperate for more of the characters I was introduced to. There were so many great characters introduced, and I’m eager to see how things play out for everyone.

With this powerful start to the series, K. Webster offers a story packed with emotion and steam. From the start, the characters and the story have you hooked. With each chapter, you’re pulled in deeper. As there is plenty packed into this one, each detail leav
Kim
Dec 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5+ stars
Brigs Ferry Bay is a small town that seems to be going through too rapid a change for its more conservative population. There is a gay club and several gay residents. And now a new family has moved to town to not only open a new bed and breakfast but also adding to the gay population. And that does not include the fact that the Sheriff is a deeply closeted gay man.

Jaxson Bell is the Sheriff who gave up his love in High School rather than come out and face his father's wrath and town j
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
I absolutely loved this story. Sweet, small town romances are usually not my thing. I’m more a fan of K. Webster’s taboo stuff, but I couldn’t pass up the chance to read another one of her stories. I’m so glad I did because I adored Jax and Dante, enjoyed all of the flamboyant supporting characters, and loved the little town of Briggs Ferry Bay.

Jax, as the Sheriff of the small town, was the boy next door. He was rugged and friendly, working in the town where he grew up. But Jax wasn’t living. He
Rosie
Dec 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars!

K Webster has done it again, setting up this small-town MM romance series so perfectly by introducing you to the world of Brigs Ferry Bay, and its inhabitants.

Jaxson is the town sheriff, the oldest of his siblings, and the one with the weight of his parent’s expectations on his shoulders. But he has a secret, he’s gay, and the secret is preventing him from being his true self. He has kept it for years for fear of how the small town and his family would receive it, until Dante, big city
Kate V
Dec 30, 2020 rated it really liked it

This MM story had all the feels. I've been on a MM kick and I love when I read a good one. This small town story is about Jaxson and Dante.

Jaxson is the sheriff of Brigs Ferry Bay and has tried to live up to his father's expectations his whole life. In his mind, becoming a sheriff, marrying a good woman, having a house with a picket fence, getting a dog, and having 2.5 children is what he is supposed to do. But Jaxson is gay and in his heart that's not what he wants. However, he long
Alicia
Jan 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
Absolutely loved this book and I was so into it that I just couldn’t stop reading.

When were first introduced to Jax and read all about what happened between him and Kian when they were graduating high school, my heart hurt for him. And when he kept seeing Kian in town and couldn’t stop wishing for his situation to be different.. it just made me so sad. So when Dante came in and started flirting with Kian I was like... oh hell no!! It felt like Jax should’ve had some sort of second-chance thing
Harlow Layne
Dec 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
A beautiful, heart-wrenching story that had me hooked from page one. I loved this enemies-to-lovers tale as the sheriff came to terms with his sexuality and realizing love was worth the price of everyone knowing his secret.

I look forward to this series and all the characters who will get their stories.
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
Absolutely fantastic.
Angst? ✔️
Age gap romance? ✔️
Torn hero? ✔️
Smoldering m/m romance? ✔️
Captivating writing? ✔️
Dante and Jax rocked my world. The banter, the emotional pull, the twists and turns!
This is a book about accepting yourself. It's about finding the courage to be who you want to be. It's about family and friendship.
This book kept me hooked to my Kindle. I adore K. Webster and this book is one of my favorites from her.
If you love M/M romance and want heroes that make you SWOON, then I r
Readers  Manic
Dec 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful story very well elaborated full of emotion in each chapter, K Webster created a new world full of surprises and a lot of steam !!
The story takes place in Brigs Ferry Bay where we met Sheriff Jaxson Bell (Jax), an alpha and very helpful, who hides a secret that consumes him every day, willing to leave his heart once broken and follow the dotrines of his family and his father, Jax sees if the world falls when he crosses with Dante.
Dante Kincand is the newest resident of the city who ha
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Beautiful & Terrible Things
  • The Intern
  • The Faker Rulebook
  • Roommate
  • Ache
  • Follow the River (River of Rain, #1)
  • Fake Friends (Never Just Friends, #2)
  • Ranger
  • Good With His Hands (Good In Bed, #1)
  • Ex-Rated Gigolo
  • Rule Breakers (Off Limits, #1)
  • Bat Boy (Easton U Pirates #1)
  • Maybe This Time (One Time Only #0.5)
  • Bombshell (The Rivals Book 3)
  • Bully King
  • Pretty Boy (Perfect Boys #1)
  • We Have Till Dawn
  • No Good Mitchell
K Webster is a USA Today Bestselling author. Her titles have claimed many bestseller tags in numerous categories, are translated in multiple languages, and have been adapted into audiobooks. She lives in "Tornado Alley" with her husband, two children, and her baby dog named Blue. When she's not writing, she's reading, drinking copious amounts of coffee, and researching aliens.

You can easily find

Brigs Ferry Bay (3 books)
  • Kian's Focus (Brigs Ferry Bay, #2)
  • Callan's Atlas (Brigs Ferry Bay, #3)