Start by marking “Sheriff's Secret (Brigs Ferry Bay, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sheriff's Secret (Brigs Ferry Bay, #1)

Sheriff's Secret

(Brigs Ferry Bay #1)

From USA Today bestselling author K Webster comes a steamy and emotional MM romance!

When you’re the sheriff of Brigs Ferry Bay, certain things are expected of you.
Marry a local girl, settle down, have a few kids. You know, the small-town dream.
But I’ve got a secret I’m terrified will get out.

I’m gay.
Not bi. Not curious. Not confused.
Just gay.
So, settling for that dream won
Published December 29th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Sheriff's Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sheriff's Secret

Start your review of Sheriff's Secret (Brigs Ferry Bay, #1)
Isabella. R
5 Burning Lust Stars ⭐

Sheriff's Secret is proof that K Webster is extremely versatile and can skillfully write multi genres. From dark, taboo or erotica, this time she delivered a sexy contemporary romance that had me grinning and swooning the entire time. I adored this. If the following is appealing, you gotta read this!

🍆 Small Town Romance
🍆 Enemies to Lovers
🍆 Unrequited Love
🍆 Closeted Sheriff who needs to get laid
🍆 Two Alpha Gay Men ~ who will come on top?
🍆 Sexual Awakening

Jaxson is the sherif
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I had high hopes for this book: small town, closeted sheriff, enemies-to-lovers. Unfortunately, Sheriff's Secret was not a win for me for a multitude of reasons.

For one, the writing is overwrought. The author has never met a modifier she couldn't dangle (e.g., "It's his favorite event despite being vegan." The event, a lobster crawl, is not vegan; the person is), and instead of using dialogue to convey emotion, she falls back on verbs and adverbs that TELL, not show, us how the character is feel
Crystal Bell
Dec 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Secret Sheriff is a heart wrenching and beautiful story. My heart goes out to Sheriff Jaxson Bell. I never wanted to reach out to a fictional character and adopt him. I didn’t expect this book to touch me so personally. However, K. Webster is so talented it did affect me on that level. She never disappoints me and writes some of the best mm romance books.

Jaxson was raised to be a straight model citizen, which is expected of him from his parents. He is so far in the closet and from his happines
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Not Bad*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

The book centers around Jaxson ‘Jax’ Matthew Bell (29), the sheriff of Brigs Ferry Bay and this year’s president of the Brigs Ferry Bay Chamber of Commerce, and Dante Ivan Kincaid, from New York and the new Red Hake Bed & Breakfast owner. Jax has always followed his father's lead, as he's always looked up to him. However, this meant staying very deep into the closet, never showing who he true is and what he wants; a man. He didn't expect though, that the seriously hot Ne
Melanie A. *mostly on hiatus*
3.75 STARS!
"I don't know where this will all go, but as long as we go together, I trust you'll take us where we need to be."
A nice little smutty book with heart. 😍😍

I loved these two alphas together! Jax and Dante had my Kindle smoldering in my hands.
"You're in charge, Sheriff." I suck on his neck until he hisses. "Lay down the law like you mean it."
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio 😖😖😖😖😖
Story dnf @48%

I'm a fan of K. Webster's MM, but this one isn't working for me. Honestly, it's a bit on the corny side. I'd probably be able to push through if the narrator's performance wasn't so inconsistently annoying. He switches what little distinctive voices he gives the characters, and I find his slight lisp distracting. I can only hope he is not the chosen narrator for the rest of the series.
Lorraine Lesar
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was ok
It must be me, right? cos’ 2* for a K. Webster 😳.
I just couldn’t get into it and once you realise you are page jumping - you know you are in trouble ☹️.
Bhavya Marya
Jan 24, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
3.5 stars 🌟

“Denial is a mean bitch,” I rumble. “Who are you if you’re hiding the most important part of yourself?”

This was filled with a lot of STEAM and just the right amount of emotion.
I really had a good time reading this and was enjoying the characters too but it's just one of those books that didn't impact me in any way.

Love is love. Even if it doesn’t match up or look right. As long as the two people, whose hearts are involved, are happy, then the rest doesn’t matter.
Lana Reads
Jan 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
3,5 stars

The story was nothing new or original, but it was well written and the characters were believable. It felt too long in the middle, but I enjoyed those two and all the people around them, so I think I'm going to read more of the series.
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: Hi, my name is Jenny, and I’m a romance addict that loves objectifying my alpha book heroes 🙋🏻‍♀️ Sadly, for a book that had the potential for some hot alpha-on-alpha action these two were not what I consider alpha and it fell flat. Yes, they might’ve been described as having bigger bodies and sometimes gruff attitudes — but that’s not all that makes an “alpha” in my mind! Both characters felt a little too soft in their inner dialogue and behavior at times for me to even
Nazanin
Jan 25, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2020
3.5 Stars

I know too well what happens when you’re greedy over a lover.
You fell in love.
But with love always comes war.
Hearts are slain and no one wins.
Last not in my world.

Told in dual POV, 1st person, it’s the first installment in the "Brigs Ferry Bay" series and can be read as a standalone. It’s low on angst, liked both MCs. Dante is an alpha and a smart@ss but he has a vulnerable side. In the process of becoming his father, Jax is going to lose himself. Notwithstanding that he makes Dante fee
⭐Toonasa⭐ •Romance Book Lovers' Haven•
A Heart-aching Intense Story With Emotions, Swoons, Laughs, Acceptance, Suspense, Owning up to innerself, Plenty of Steam, Love and Gorgeous HEA❤.
I loved this MM story & It's good Characters so much! Once I started, I couldn't stop until the end, DEVOURED this in 7hrs.
#My 1st by K. Webster, The Writing was Phenomenal & the Story Well-Written with All the elements I Favor. So excited for more by her!
(I took my Sweet time to write this review so that it'll own up to this amazing Must read story!)

J
Marley Valentine
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I'M MOVING TO BRIGS FERRY BAY

There's no denying K. Webster kicks off this series with a B A N G! As usual Sheriff's Secret will have readers eating out of the palm of Webster's hand and desperately wanting more.

Jax and Dante are explosive together, their relationship real, their struggles relatable and their connection palpable. Heating up the pages with their enemies-to-lovers banter, readers will enjoy witnessing the way these two men transition from in-lust to in-love.

With a wonderful cast of
25 Readings Or More
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.75

This book was phenomenal 🤩🤩🤩
You know you're reading a great book when you are so involved in the story, the characters become your friends and you cheer at their successes and cry at they downfalls...
And that's exactly what happened to me reading Sheriff's secret!!

From the beginning my heart ached for Jax and his lonlyness: he denied his true nature, his happiness because he was afraid of his family and fellow citizens' reaction.
He doesn't live, he barely survive and it's painful to look at
Miriam
3 tolerable stars audio
2.85 stars story

Hope the other books in this series goes on audiobook fast!!! Can't wait to listen to them. Would be awesome they were narrated by someone else too. 🤭🤭🤭
fleurette
Jun 01, 2021 rated it liked it
This is an interesting story that turned out to be a bit different than I expected.

It's amazing how a pair of two strong guys who shouldn't fit together turn out to be made for each other. I myself was surprised how well they fit together. Dante and Jax are interesting, complicated characters. They both have a complicated past that has left their mark on them and influenced their attitudes towards relationships. But I don't think they can be considered typical tortured heroes, so you won't find
Jessica Alcazar
HOLY 4.5 stars BALLS, i love everything about this town!! *happy place*

Okay, so obviously I don’t love everything about BFB, that was my gut impulse as soon as I finished this delightful story, however, I do appreciate that Kristi made sure the town was realistically portrayed. Everything from the homophobia, to the outsider-phobia to the change-phobia to the love and quirky small-town feel of Brigs Ferry Bay was on-point. That is what made the story delightful, and the fact that as I read the s
Mirjam

Jaxson Bell is the Sheriff in smalltown Brigs Ferry Bay. He has been living his life, hiding his sexualitity and trying to life up to the rigid beliefs that don’t at all encompass love of his homophobic parents. Jaxson is gay, unable to come out,but when he falls for Dante Kincaid, for the first time is he willing to risk everything to have him in his life, free and open.

While Jax and Dante take great pleasure into each other, the string of hate crimes in the small seaside town are escalating.
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

"Sheriff's Secret" is the first book “Briggs Ferry Bay” by the bestselling author K.Webster. Told in dual perspectives , get ready to meet jax and Dante!!

About a few months , I didn’t even read MM and now I am so addicted , and I am totally blaming this author! Her MM books are my Jam and there is no way I am missing any book of hers! She writes the best MM ever! This book was another amazing installment by ehr , full of romance and suspen
C.L. Matthews
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Last book of 2020! RTC. 🖤
DarienMoya

I’m a need KW to stick to the rivers and the lakes that she’s used to…which is enemies to lovers, young adult angst. This was luke warm at best but mostly running cold at most 🤷🏽‍♀️

The narration was meh-ish, like it could have been good but no consistency in the voice and tone for characters so I kept getting taken out of the story. This is so disappointing because I just finished Feuds and Fury which was excellent so the fact that this lacked heat is very surprising.

Life in Brigs Ferry Bay is n
Debra
3 stars? I read this earlier this summer and now I can't remember a thing about it. I guess I didn't love it but didn't hate it either. ...more
Amanda
Dec 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mlm, small-town
[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

Sheriff's Secret
by K. Webster is the first book in a new shared by authors series, Brigs Ferry Bay. I went into thinking I was getting a feel good small town MM romance with emotions. That was my bad because while it was definitely emotional it was missing the feel good vibe of most MM small town romances I read. The town of Brigs Ferry has some accepting kind people but more than a few homophobic hateful folk too. I really think the book should ha
ML
Jan 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Hot chemistry in this frenemy romance

Dante swoops into town and demolished how orderly Sheriff Kincaid’s life was...in the best of ways.

This is a book about accepting and being happy with who you are. The ripple affects can be huge.
Loved these characters with all their flaws.
They definitely worked hard for that HEA
Diana
Jul 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
KU READ

Incredible! Very addictive read. Went on to binge the rest of the series
Elle G.
Feb 14, 2021 rated it liked it
My Rating: 3 stars
Genre MM Romance

Sheriffs secret by K. Webster is a good MM romance. There were many parts of the story I liked and parts that were extremely problematic for me. So I’m staying in the middle with my rating and giving this a solid 3 stars.

One of the things I really loved about Sheriffs Secret is the emotion behind it. Jax is extremely conflicted about coming out of the closet and his reasonings are justified. If I had parents like his I would be TERRIFIED too. Not only that,
TheBookPlatypus
Dec 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“I’m not just closeted. I’m stuffed in the very back of the dark, lonely closet behind boxes of emotional baggage and sacks of fear of disappointing my father. I don’t know that I’ll ever be able to wade my way through it all just to even chance opening that door and peeking outside.”

Y’all. This book hurt my soul.
We have a man with extremely homophobic parents that’s terrified to be disowned by his family and town. He’s the sheriff. He believes once he announces he’s a gay man, his career and l
Amy Stauffer
Holy, wow. If I could sum this book up with one, short sentence, it would be: hot with a plot.

This story has it all: two alpha males, an extremely closeted main character, an out and proud main character, angst, steam, humor, mystery, charming side characters, and an idyllic setting. It will touch on every emotion you could possibly have, and leave you thankful for it.

As surly as Jax comes off, you can’t help but love him. I hate that he has to hide the biggest part of himself, and I hate that h
Readers  Manic
Dec 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful story very well elaborated full of emotion in each chapter, K Webster created a new world full of surprises and a lot of steam !!
The story takes place in Brigs Ferry Bay where we met Sheriff Jaxson Bell (Jax), an alpha and very helpful, who hides a secret that consumes him every day, willing to leave his heart once broken and follow the dotrines of his family and his father, Jax sees if the world falls when he crosses with Dante.
Dante Kincand is the newest resident of the city who ha
MissPetiteBrunetteBookBlog
What a beautiful and touching story!! As the Sheriff of Brigs Ferry Bay , Jaxson Bell is suppose to be an upstanding citizen and follow what people expect of him. He isn’t “typical” for this small town though as he has a secret. He likes men. When the new annoying but gorgeous B&B owner, Dante Kincaid comes to town, Jax might finally test his will to live for himself and come out of hiding. He knows the new B&B will bring change their quiet town but maybe that’s just what they need in Brigs Ferr ...more

• Good With His Hands (Good Love, #2)
  • Ex-Rated Gigolo
  • Ache
  • Maybe This Time (The Extravagant Series)
  • Right as Raine (Aster Valley #1)
  • The Endgame (Atlanta Lightning, #1)
  • Bombshell (The Rivals Book 3)
  • The Intern
  • The Sainthood: The Complete Series
  • Follow the River (River of Rain, #1)
  • Duke I'd Like to F...
  • Beautiful & Terrible Things
  • The Relationship Pact (Kings of Football, #3)
  • After Rain Falls (River of Rain #2)
  • Dusk (Dangerous Web, #1)
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…
K Webster is a USA Today Bestselling author. Her titles have claimed many bestseller tags in numerous categories, are translated in multiple languages, and have been adapted into audiobooks. She lives in "Tornado Alley" with her husband, two children, and her baby dog named Blue. When she's not writing, she's reading, drinking copious amounts of coffee, and researching aliens.

Get social with K!
Ne

Brigs Ferry Bay (6 books)
  • Bossy Mr. Frosty (Brigs Ferry Bay #1.5)
  • Kian's Focus (Brigs Ferry Bay, #2)
  • Adler's Hart (Brigs Ferry Bay, #2.5)
  • Callan's Atlas (Brigs Ferry Bay, #3)
  • Leif's Serenity (Brigs Ferry Bay #4)