Start by marking “Gifts for the Season: Winter & Christmas MM Charity Anthology” as Want to Read:
Gifts for the Season: Winter & Christmas MM Charity Anthology

Gifts for the Season: Winter & Christmas MM Charity Anthology

A charity anthology from your favorite MM romance authors

RJ Scott - Single Dad Christmas
It would be a Christmas miracle if he loved me back.

Annabeth Albert - Must Be Santa
Tis the season for Operation Christmas Papa!

Joanna Chambers - The First Snow of Winter
Published October 29th 2020 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about Gifts for the Season, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gifts for the Season

Start your review of Gifts for the Season: Winter & Christmas MM Charity Anthology
Sheri
Whew! I finished. This truly was jam-packed full of holiday goodness.
My advice would be to seek out the authors you know and start there. When you have time or need a dose of Christmas, check out some of the other short stories.
Most I liked, a few missed the mark, but I found a handful absolutely delightful.
Okay, back to my ramblings while reading this massive set...

I LOVE many of these authors.
I LOVE many of the books these short stories stem from.
I LOVE the charity benefiting from this
Cadiva
Nov 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an absolute delight this anthology is

It's rare to get an anthology or collection where you're going to love all the stories but this one just did that.

There wasn't one I didn't enjoy, even if some I hadn't read the series they were linked to (like Amber Kell, Suki Fleet, or Alex Jane's) meant I was missing a bit of additional info.

Posy Roberts' is the only one which isn't a complete tale, instead it acts as an intro for a series from her.

Quite a few of the authors went for wee peeks into
Leslie
I dont want to swoop in here all Grinch like. Especially because the proceeds of this go towards a really deserving charity. And also because they are Christmas stories. Notoriously known for being sugar cookie cute. But I also want to be honest. So Ill settle for three stars because there were a few standouts. But I didnt enjoy some of the novellas, skipped quite a few that had to do with established couples I hadnt read about and found myself downright disappointed by some. Im not knocking ...more
Renée
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meh, 2020, mm-romance
I went to the first two authors' stories that I know would be winners, and they just weren't. Joanna Chambers's story was fine, but meh, and Suki Fleet's story was totally off-putting. I had no idea what even happened in that story. I'll leave it alone from here.
'Nathan Burgoine
Reading this as part of my Short Stories 366 project; individual reviews of some of the stories will appear under this tag. I'm struggling with this collection as a whole, with some exceptions that will appear under that tag up there, but I'll collect my thoughts into something here when I'm done.

Okay, some thoughts.

There are two things I think went a bit wrong with this collection. The first is that it relied, heavily, on readers coming into it as already having read the backlist of most of the
Trio
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just in time for the Holidays! My buds over at Kimmers Erotic Book Banter divvied this one up, and you can find their reviews for the rest of the stories on the blog.

Here's my review for Driving Home For Christmas by Annabelle Jacobs

Annabelle Jacobs hits all the right notes for a light and sexy holiday romance with Driving Home For Christmas.

Besties for over twenty years, nothing strains a friendship more than that drunken grope up against a wall! Jared finally gets his nerve up to kiss Tom only
Suki Fleet
Nov 01, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mine
Release Day! So honoured to be part of this anthology <3 All proceeds are being donated to the Trevor Project.

My story offering is 'Sometimes, Always' --a sweet and angst-free Christmas short about Echo and Peri from 'Sometimes There's Stars' (if you've read that story, this one takes place after the end, six months into the future).
Karen
Nov 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall average 3.5 stars rounded up to 4...

When I saw this book my first thought was oh its an anthology an for whatever reason theyre not really my thing but then I saw RJ Scotts name andhey, this is authors essentially an auto buy for me so I needed to look further and what I discovered was that this book is stuffed with several authors that are a guaranteed good read. Add to this the fact that proceeds for this anthology are being donated to The Trevor Project and I decided that this was
Katharina
A little word of warning that I wouldn't have minded myself: a third of these stories a little add-ons, snippets from already established MCs from other full-scale novels. This includes the stories by Lane Hayes, Annabeth Albert, Suki Fleet, Garrett Leigh, and Felice Stevens. Most of these stories I will not rate because I don't know the backstories and previous books.

But people this annoys me. I actually bought this compilation because I was looking forward to these authors' stories. A couple
Ro
Oct 25, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rainbow
Must Be Santa by Annabeth Albert

This novella focuses on established couple Teddy and Nick from Better Not Pout. They have been taking classes to become foster parents and are just waiting for the call that they are needed. In this story, that call, or in this case a visit from the social worker, happens. They wanted to focus on a single, older child or teen who needed them. Life, of course, never goes the way you plan and the folder they get contains the information on two siblings. Nick is
Lelyana
Nov 10, 2020 is currently reading it
Shelves: holiday, 2020, mm
You need to read the series of some novellas first before jumping in this book.
This is actually an omnibus of holiday stories from the stories before these. Some of it.

Like Torre and Frisco's Christmas from Felice Stevens, you need to read their book Never Say Never before reading The Gift of Forever. Great addition for Torre and Frisco HEA!
I really liked their additional epilogue and HEA in this story!

You need to read Better Not Pout before reading Must be Santa from Annabeth Albert. The kids
Bev
Nov 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars rounded up. Only read some of the stories as there are authors in the anthology I just don't get on with, but it's for a good cause anyhoo.

Nice catching up with Peri and Echo in Suki Fleet's story Sometimes, Always. I also really liked Eli Easton's UPS guy story Twelve Days of UPS, and it was the only one I read that made any mention of this bl**dy awful pandemic. Joanna Chambers story, The First Snow of Winter was lovely [and we could definitely do with more from Sam and Jasper], and
Jay
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-romance, holiday
Twelve Days of UPS by Eli Easton

Twelve Days of UPS by Eli Easton is the age-old story of lusting for the hunky delivery guy. As the holiday approaches, Paul begins receiving a daily mystery package each loosely tied to the classic The Twelve Days of Christmas song. But, more than the gifts and their mystery sender, Paul is attracted to the captivating and kind delivery guy, Dan Partridge.

As the days advance, Dan and Paul strike up a friendship, with each invested in seeing what the next gift
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Gifts for the Season is a warm-hearted collection of seasonal madness, from new love to old, it's all here. Each one gives you a short story, some with new couples, some with old, but all full of Christmas spirit.

I will admit, I preferred the ones that were new stories but that is because I really don't like reading stories where I think I may have missed out on something!

For me, my favourites were The First Snow of Winter by Joanna Chambers and Driving Home for Christmas by Annabelle Jacobs.
ButtonsMom2003
Shelves: blog, purchased
When this anthology was first announced I couldn't one-click it fast enough. Number one it's filled with stories by some of my all-time favorite authors; and number two the proceeds go to a worthy cause and I love buying charity anthologies.

Although I haven't had a chance to read every story yet, the ones that I have read are beautiful stories for the season and most brought more than one tear to my eyes.

Here are my comments, listed in the order that the stories appear in the book:

Out for the
Anke
Dec 01, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Reading this is a work in progress:

AE Via, An Unworthy Gift - 3 stars
Garrett Leigh, No Place Like Home - nope, I DNF the book Slide
Felice Stevens, The Gift of Forever -
VL
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
I just loved all of the short holiday snippets that are included in this book. From authors that I read religiously: R.J. Scott, Annabeth Albert, V.L. Locey and Lane Hayes that simply added to the characters new and old to new authors: Joanna Chambers, Annabelle Jacobs and Posy Roberts who I now have to find other books that they have written, this was a great collection. Love is in the air, snow is on the ground and the holidays are made so much better at the end of each story. A must read.
June
Nov 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars for the novella The First Snow of Winter by Joanna Chambers. Well written, as everything else by this author!
"Christmas Eve, 1814: a maimed war hero and the childhood friend he almost kissed five years earlier are trapped together by the first snow of winter."
Annie Maus
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Note: My reviews of this anthology are part of a KimmersEroticBookBanter group project. To get reviews of the other shorts, see https://bit.ly/32O3EEl

Must Be Santa by Annabeth Albert
4 Hearts

Must Be Santa is a standalone, as well as a bonus for those who loved Better Not Pout. Police Officer Teddy and Social Worker Nick have been together a while now. Are they ready for a foster son? Uh, oh, what about two kids, a brother and sister? Wait, a sister? They dont know about girls!

It takes a really
Carra
Nov 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This anthology is a great mix of stories from so many of my favorite authors. Some are peeks into characters from their previous books, others are totally new characters, but all will make you smile, swoon, and sigh. Heres my quick takes on each of the stories.

AE Via - An Unworthy Gift
This story struck just the right balance between angst and sultry while also delivering sweet at the same time. Oh, how much I loved Spencer and Cole! Though at first Cole seems like hes trying too hard, later
George
Nov 25, 2020 rated it liked it
5 Stars to each of the authors for participating in a joint venture to support The Trevor Project

While I feel like the Grinch for doing this, I can only rate the overall effort as a 3-star read.

As with any anthology, there was considerable variation in the pleasure derived from reading the individual stories.

My favorites were: Dressed in Holiday Style by V.L. Locey; Single Dad Christmas by RJ Scott; Driving Home For Christmas by Annabelle Jacobs; Twelve Days of UPS by Eli Easton; and Homestead
Joyfully Jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Michelle and Kris joined forces to review Gifts for the Season. This anthology features fifteen stories by a whole host of authors, with the proceeds going to the amazing charity, The Trevor Project. It should be noted that a good chunk of these stories are tied into existing series, and familiarity with those series is necessary in order to fully enjoy the stories. This is something that most of the authors were remiss in pointing out. And while the description states the
Edga
Nov 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Must For Romance Readers.

A well written anthology, well worth the money. I can't deny that I enjoyed some of the stories more than others, however, it's obvious that each author has put a lot of love into the creation of each of these Christmas tales. Which is why I'm not going to write individual reviews for each one, they all had their merits. Also, it's a charity anthology, so it was a win win all round.

All of the stories were well written, and I thoroughly enjoyed catching up with some
Christina
Must Be Santa by Annabeth Albert - 3 stars
The First Snow of Winter by Joanna Chambers - 3 stars
Five Gold Blings by Clare London - 1 Star
Sojourn with Me by Posy Roberts - 3.5 stars
Sometimes, Always by Suki Fleet - Skipped since I haven't read Sometimes There's Stars yet, but plan to
No Place Like Home by Garrett Leigh -
Valerie
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great anthology and got me into the Christmas spirit. Some of the stories were follow-ups to previous novels, and some were new. But they were all filled with the hope of the season and budding and/or established romances. Eli Easton's Twelve Days of UPS, a new story, and the follow-up for Lane Hayes' Out for the Holidays were charming and sweet. The rest were memorable and although some of them are new to me authors, I enjoyed the stories. A great collection for a wonderful cause!!
Tracy Perry
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful Holiday read from some amazing authors and the book sales going to a great cause. I loved the stories, I laughed and I cried happy tears and felt all mushy afterwards. The stories were short but Id love more, an update or something later on, I couldnt get enough. A Must Holiday Read! ...more
Amy Dufera
Nov 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gifts for the Season is an amazing book. This multi-author anthology is sweet, tender, and beautiful. if you love Christmas and winter stories, you will love this collection.

Several authors take us on a bonus journey with their already established characters. And omg, I loved them all. It's a wonderful gift when authors give us little extras like these. If you haven't read their older books though, you will not be lost at all. You will just love the sweet stories and be introduced to the
Andi Anderson
Nov 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anthology
Eli Easton's story was my favorite. I hope she continues their story one day.
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Nov 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Review by: Jennifer
(4 stars)

Anthologies are the best way to get to know some new to you authors. Giving us some really nice novellas, and also another glimpse into an amazing world that they have created (if this is part of a series). This one of course revolves around the holidays, but that just gives it a bit of something special. A really nice anthology and I give it 4 stars.
Shawna
Quite an uneven reading experience, so I'll rate each story individually below:

* An Unworthy Gift by A.E. Via - 1 star - WHAT EVEN IS THIS? I was confused for the first four chapters and then realized I didnt care and super-skimmed a bit before DNF-ing. Read enough to know: No. (Also, kind of a terrible story to open the book with; if I didnt already know many of the other authors, I might have chucked the whole thing and returned it.)

* Out For the Holidays by Lane Hayes - 2.5 stars - This is a
« previous 1 3 next »

• Merry Cherry Christmas
  • Liars (Licking Thicket, #2)
  • Watch Me
  • Jonty's Christmas (Unfinished Business #1.5)
  • Tic-Tac-Mistletoe
  • Short Stack (Mixed Messages; Finding Home)
  • Not Over Yet
  • Lacuna
  • Sunshine & Shadows
  • A Guy For Christmas
  • Fix It Up (Torus Intercession, #3)
  • Blind Warrior (Weavers Circle #3)
  • Billy & The Beast (Ever After, New York, #3)
  • Painted Lace
  • Treasured
  • Feel the Fire (Hotshots #3)
  • Griff's Place (Havenwood #4)
  • Bat Boy (Easton U Pirates #1)
RJ Scott is a USA TODAY bestselling author of over 140 romance and suspense novels. From bodyguards to hockey stars, princes to millionaires, cowboys to military, she believes that love is love and every man deserves their own happy ending.

Find RJ here: Amazon | BookBub | Facebook - Also, Never miss a release