Start by marking “Autobiography of a Modern Prophet” as Want to Read:
Autobiography of a Modern Prophet

Autobiography of a Modern Prophet

If a shy Wisconsin farm boy can mast his spiritual destiny, why can't we?

According to Gallup, 82% of those polled in America alone want to experience spiritual growth. Believe it or not, it is your destiny to discover your godlike nature, your spiritual greatness.

Tucked away in the hidden places of this book are clues as to how you too may reach the glories of God, says Kl
Audio CD
Published September 1st 2019 by Eckankar (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Autobiography of a Modern Prophet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Autobiography of a Modern Prophet

Start your review of Autobiography of a Modern Prophet
Karen Lee
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Glimpses of God Realization

Sri Harold Klemp paints a brilliant word picture of his path of self realization / God realization. Words can only point to the awesomeness of the universe, but reading his autobiography is a sign post encouraging you along the way. This book is valuable to Eckists and spiritual seekers of all types. Truth resonates and leads the way.
I Am  James
One of the best books I ever read. The author tells his life story and personal experience of experiencing God Consciousness, as down to earth as it can ever get. It shatters the myth we've had about God, Angels, Masters, Saints.
Its simply liberating.
Gunvi Sund
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: eckankar
This book is a really worthwhile read. Harold explains what it is like to be a modern spiritual leader. What it takes.
Mary Helen
Aug 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the insights very much.
selene4eckverizon.net
Amazing book!

This book is so inspiring and full of golden knowledge. I love the spiritual exercises and the creative imagination tools.
Ruth Edgett
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone seeks truth, but Harold Klemp says we respect it only after winning it through hard effort. By that measure Klemp, spiritual leader of Eckankar, has a healthy respect for truth. Autobiography of a Modern Prophet is the sometimes painful, often funny, story of Klemp’s dogged progress from humble farmer’s son to spiritual leader of a world-wide religion that bills itself as the most direct path to God. There are many paths to our creator, says Klemp, but only one in which a living spiritu ...more
Barbara Buckner
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is possibly one of the most thrilling spiritual books I've ever read. It’s a very immersive journey that takes a farm boy from Wisconsin to the heights of spiritual consciousness. It stirred my own dreams of wanting to become a greater spiritual being and transcend challenges - physical, emotional or mental. It takes you way beyond conventional thinking about how someone can reach God. The story-telling style is simple yet profound because of turning points in the author's dramatic story. T ...more
Tammy Attama
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is one of my favorites! I have read it several times! Truth rings from every page and touches my heart in a way no other has. If you have found this book then it is for a reason. Read it and let your heart determine for you its own truth. No one else can do it for you.

While I love reading the printed word, listening to this book takes you to another level entirely! On long drives or while cleaning around the house, it is the perfect companion and I hear something different every time.

T
Sandy Stevens
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read this book several times and I have it in print, eBook, and audio versions. This probably makes it one of my favourite books. You may wonder why...Every time I read (or listen), I find some new spiritual gem in its pages leading me to stop and contemplate on the deeper truths to be found hidden between the lines. Sometime the insights come later, unexpected nuggets of wisdom, ever pertinent to my life and current needs. It's a gift that keeps on giving! ...more
John Marikos
Jan 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Times can be brutally tough and seem so unfair. Sometimes our best intentions and efforts to be responsible and do the right things are just not enough. But there is help, as I found out.

Autobiography of a Modern Prophet showed me how Harold Klemp moved through his toughest of times and towards achieving his high spiritual goals. He did this by practicing the ECK Spiritual Exercises regularly while paying attention to and applying the guidance of his spiritual guide. This book helped me adjust m
Cindy McReynolds
Mar 17, 2013
Sadhaka
May 08, 2013
Ugwuibe Nwabueze
rated it did not like it
Jun 15, 2013
Amin Saleh
is currently reading it
Oct 18, 2013

• The Dressmaker's Gift
  • Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear
  • Exercise of Power: American Failures, Successes, and a New Path Forward in the Post-Cold War World
  • Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art
  • The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself
  • Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die
  • Return from Tomorrow
  • Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World
  • M.O.M.--Master Organizer of Mayhem: Simple Solutions to Organize Chaos and Bring More Joy Into Your Home
  • Linchpin: Are You Indispensable?
  • Living the Science of Mind
  • This Thing Called You
  • Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy
  • The Science of Mind

Award-winning author, teacher, and spiritual guide Sri Harold Klemp helps seekers reach their full potential.

He is the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master and spiritual leader of Eckankar, the Path of Spiritual Freedom. He is the latest in a long line of spiritual Adepts who have served throughout history in every culture of the world.

Sri Harold teaches creative spiritual practices that enable anyone t

News & Interviews