Start by marking “Catalyst Gate (The Protectorate, #3)” as Want to Read:
Catalyst Gate (The Protectorate, #3)

Catalyst Gate

(The Protectorate #3)

In the final book of this explosive Philip K. Dick Award-nominated space opera, the universe is under threat and an ancient alien intelligence threatens to bring humanity down - unless Major Sanda Greeve and her crew can stop it . . .

The code has been cracked. The secrets of the Casimir gates have been revealed. But humanity still isn't safe. The alien intelligence known a
Expected publication: June 24th 2021 by Orbit (first published June 22nd 2021)

Start your review of Catalyst Gate (The Protectorate, #3)
Adam
Jun 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
There’s a lot of things that makes this series great, but what stands out most is its balancing act. I usually prefer a character-first story, with the plot and world-building backing that up. Megan O’Keefe has hit the sweet spot with Catalyst Gate – and the entire Protectorate trilogy, really – by delivering equal amounts of awesome characters, ‘holy-shit!’ plot reveals, and ‘whooooaaa, coooolll’ events that ultimately brings this space opera into blockbuster territory.

Commander Sanda Greeve, h
Chris
May 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
*copy from Netgalley in exchange for a review*

So, let's talk about Catalyst Gate. It’s the conclusion of Megan O’Keefe’s absolutely cracking Protectorate space opera series. I’ve had a great time in the universe of the Protectorate, with its twists and turns, deep secrets and complex characterisation. And this book, this book raises the already very high bar.

If you’re one for worldbuilding, you’ve come to the right place. O’Keefe expands her intricate, intriguing space, filled with mysteries an
Jess
Apr 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, read-2021
Successfully concluding a trilogy is always tricky, and I adored The Protectorate series as a whole, so although there were some parts in this instalment where I found myself less engaged (perhaps because of the sheer amount of action crammed into this book's pages) this was overall a satisfying conclusion. I feel like there is still potential for more stories from this universe - but maybe that's just because I love these characters so much.
I re-read Velocity Weapon and Chaos Vector before divi
Traveling Cloak
Jun 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Catalyst Gate is the third and final installment in Megan E. O’Keefe’s The Protectorate series. This is a highly-anticipated release for many, and that is especially true for fans of the space opera trilogy who are looking for the story to end with a bang. If you read no more of this review, know this: to say it went out with a bang would be an understatement.

I try to be particularly discerning with final books of series that I have loved; meaning, I actively look for cause not to give it them a
Emma
May 24, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley

Some incredible moments and a fitting end to a fun series... Review to follow.
Pile By the Bed
Jun 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Megan O’Keefe’s motto for the third and final book of her Protectorate series, Catalyst Gate, seems to be “go big or go home”. She goes big and she delivers. O’Keefe’s contained and effective debut Velocity Weapon exploded outwards into a much larger and more complex universe in Chaos Vector but left plenty of questions and allegiances hanging. Catalyst Gate does its best to answer those questions (after posing some new ones), unmask various traitors or verify the goodness of some allies, and al ...more
Emmanuel
Jun 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
There’s a lot to unpack in this review as I read all 3 books in the series one after another over the past couple of weeks. And it feels like I just read a 1600-page book, as it definitely appears like it was carefully crafted and planned that way. There were a few slower moments in the second book—definitely on purpose—but in the end, I loved it through and through.

The plot is spread out over several components throughout the series (and concluded in Catalyst Gate) and if you enjoy chapter ends
Immie
Diane
Dec 07, 2020
Chris
Dec 08, 2020
Megan E. O'Keefe was raised amongst journalists, and as soon as she was able joined them by crafting a newsletter which chronicled the daily adventures of the local cat population. She has worked in both arts management and graphic design, and spends her free time tinkering with anything she can get her hands on.

Megan lives in the Bay Area of California. She's won the Gemmell Morningstar Award for

The Protectorate (3 books)
  • Velocity Weapon (The Protectorate #1)
  • Chaos Vector (The Protectorate, #2)