Start by marking “The Red Door (A Love In Limestone Novella)” as Want to Read:
The Red Door (A Love In Limestone Novella)

(A Love in Limestone)

There's a bar on the outskirts of Limestone, Louisiana that serves an unusual type of whiskey. Some call it magic. Others claim it’s a scam. Yet rumors of its mystical properties keep people coming in from far and wide.

Luck.
Wealth.
Happiness.
Health.

These wonders can be found by those who believe... and take a shot.

Ten o’clock in the morning, New Year’s Day. Two down-o
Paperback
Published December 30th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Red Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Red Door

Start your review of The Red Door (A Love In Limestone Novella)
"Avonna
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

THE RED DOOR (A Love in Limestone Novella) by Emery Jacobs is a perfect little contemporary romance novella that tugged at my heart and left me with a smile on my face.

The Red Door Bar is on the outskirts of Limestone, Louisiana and they serve an unusual whiskey. Some believe it is magical while others believe it is a scam, but people come from far and wide to take a shot.

At ten o’clock in the morning on New Years Day, Evie walks
Mo
Jan 04, 2021 rated it liked it
A nice quick read - I am afraid novellas get a bit of short shrift from me as I rarely rate them highly, solely because they are so short ... a bit unfair of me, to be sure.

Overall, a nice read with a "new year" theme.
Anne OK
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A perfect little New Year's Eve novella that will send me into 2021 smiling. Evie and Bennett met by chance behind The Red Door of a little hole in the wall bar. Both of them were in crisis mode and downing shots of whiskey. Throughout the next year several "You, Again" encounters sparked a flame that ignited -- but not before the dreaded angst that accompanies most love stories.

It takes an exceptional novella to get a five star rating from me. So many different emotions filled this little gem -
Taylor
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Looooved this! It’s the perfect little novella wrapped in an imperfect little bow. Bennett and Evie aren’t without their flaws but they both have a hopeful spirit that carries them thru this shorty. Love them both and I hope to meet them again in other Limestone novellas!
R Rais
Dec 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
A sweet novella!

New year morning and the Red Doors bar have two customer who's at the bottom of their life.

Evie just found her self homeless and broke after her boyfriend cheated on her with her stepsister, took her money and no renewing the rent on their apartement.

Bennet is dying from cancer.

Two unlikely life collided and soon find their life change.
But how a woman with trust issue and a man on the verge of death could find their happiness?

Love how unperfect this two.
This novella is sweet and
kgagnon
Dec 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This beautiful and poignant story about Bennett and Evie is one of hope, heartbreak, courage, and love. They meet when they are both at a low point in their lives. It was a quick but compelling moment before they went their separate ways, agreeing to meet again next year. This story takes place over that year as they unwittingly meet again and again, but when they needed to find each other most. This was such a provocative, sweet, and touching story that had me totally engaged from word one. Ms ...more
Teresa Lara
Dec 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love Evie and Bennett in this holiday themed
Emotional heartstopping beautiful love story
Gripping
Jeanette Carter
Jan 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Red Door was a beautiful love story. It was very well written. Once I started reading it I couldn’t put it down. I hope to meet up with Bennett and Evie again.
Thanks Emery for a feel good story. It had its sad moments, but the good moments and ending was great!
Karen_
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Written by: Emory Jacobs

Today is January 1, 2021…and after reading a review about this book, I thought it would be the first book to read in 2021. After all isn’t 2021 suppose to be our year of hope?

On New Year’s Day Bennett Stern, is one of two people who end up sitting at the bar in The Red Door bar. When patron two enters, a cute little red head and sits next to him at the bar, he barely notices. Turns out, the cute little red head, Evie Tucker likes to talk. Kind of a nervous tal
Kelly Simpson
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The chemistry between the characters was hot. A++++ review.
Jaime Seal
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this sweet novella so much! Once I picked it up, I couldn’t put it down. Both down on their luck and searching for something for a miracle on NewYear’s day at a bar at 10:00 in the morning. Who knew that chance meeting would eventually be life changing. They’re paths cross many times over the next year....will Evie and Bennett give into fate and get their HEA? One click worthy!!!
Janet Hammons
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
From beginning to end, just simply intriguing. I couldn't put it down. It's an emotional tale of life and what the up and downs can do to you. Evie and Bennett take you on their journey and keep you enraptured until the last word. ...more
Cristie Alleman
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an emotional sweet love story.. when you're down in life like Bennett and Evie there's always hope a bright spot just around the corner.. That's exactly what they found at the Red Door.
this is a short but amazing read.. You won't want to put it down..
Chasity Williams
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Evie is newly single, broke and homeless because of her ex. She meets Bennett at a bar on new years day, they part ways with a date to meet at the bar the following new years. As the year passing they keep crossing paths but will they meet on new years like they planned? Will there be a HEA!
Cindy Hughes
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this sweet, emotional, beautiful love story! Evie and Bennett’s was amazing! They meet at The Red Door bar on New Year’s Day. Little did they know it would change their lives. They agreed to meet up again next New Year’s Day. Fate has them running into each other all year long. This novella was a fantastic holiday read!
Thank you Emery this fantastic love story!
Danni Moore
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful novella. Would recommend reading.
Cat
Dec 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely ,sweet Novella from Emery Jacobs that I really enjoyed.
Bennett and Evie stirred up all the emotions within me,as these two characters maneuvered their way through life,to reach a possible HEA.
They have both reached rock bottom when they meet at The Red Door a bar that is rumoured to serve a special kind of Whiskey.
Little did they know that drinking at this bar would change their lives magically forever.
Throughout the year fate keeps bringing them together when they need eachother
Love
Jan 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
The Red Door

I've never read anything by this author but I decided to read it after reading a blurb that a friend posted piqued my interest. I'm glad I decided to read it. It was a cute short read. I'm all for books that involve any holidays.

Evie seemed to be really struggling with life and with the hope of a drink that good give her good luck, she headed to the Red Door. Once at the bar she wasn't met with anything that seemed it would change her life around. She did see a beautiful stranger at
Tammy -
Jan 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
The Red Door is the perfect book if you're looking for a quick but heartwarming read. I loved Bennett and Evie's story. They meet at a bar, The Red Door, at 10am on New Year's Day. They're drinking at 10am on New Year's so it's obvious that they're both having a bad day. They go their separate ways with a "date" set to meet there again at 10am the following New Year's if they're both still around by then. As fate would have it though, it won't be another year before they see each other again.

I
CK
Dec 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A very sweet romance! What I loved about this couple was it’s realism. Love isn’t ever found when you expect it- it happens at the most random of moments and when life is ugly and hard. Just a perfect book and a quick read!
Bamagirl6286
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A great quick standalone read. The first story in the Limestone series. The Red Door bar in Limestone, Louisiana is a place where some believe serve a magical whiskey drink. Evie and Bennett meet on New Year’s Eve at The Red Door Bar and vow to meet up next New Year’s Eve , however fate has them colliding into each other throughout the year. Evie and Bennett both have had a rough past and deserve a HEA ..... will they get it with each other , is the question? An emotional read with very likable ...more
Lisa   cheney
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this from the moment I picked it up. Evie had a lot going on in her life, No home to go back to she just found out that her boyfriend was having an affair with her step sister and to boot he took all her money leaving her with nothing but her last 20 dollars she steps into a bar with a Red door. Little did she know that it would all change. Bennet on the other hand was having his own hard life. having cancer changes a person. the two collide and find that their life's are going to change ...more
Sassy Southern
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a lovely ,sweet Novella from Emery Jacobs that I really enjoyed.
Bennett and Evie stirred up all the emotions within me, as these two characters maneuvered their way through life, to reach a possible HEA.
They have both reached rock bottom when they meet at The Red Door a bar that is rumored to serve a special kind of Whiskey.
I was so intrigued by the concept of this story and it really played out better than I expected, it was beautiful, emotional and hopeful I was captivated by Emery's word
Rady Reads
Dec 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When life messes with you and you don't know how to cope, how to look forward.... some things pick you up and give you hope..... a small glimpse of normality.

Just like in this novella. I simply couldn't stop reading. I was emotional and I was cheering for both characters to finally get their HEA. Sometimes it just takes a little bit of time, to see the better in life and gain trust.

This sweet novella had my mind wrapped tightly in its spell from the very beginning until the end and let me tell
Peggy Hogan
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing love story between Bennett and Evie, who, through the course of a year, kept meeting by chance, and ended up falling in love. I'm normally not a big fan of quick reads/novellas, but this one just pulled at my heartstrings, and I couldn't help but root for their happily ever after. Definitely recommended!

I received an ARC from Emery Jacobs, and this is my honest review of The Red Door.
Denise
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I do adore reading novels set in Louisiana. I seen this and hopped on in with this being the first time in having read this author. Interesting you are taken to a bar with a magic whiskey. I realized right away this one was going to have a bit of magic with the romance. The two that it has us be delighted with is Bennett and Evie whom each have a story of their own. It is quick and satisfying also. When they come together you see how the magic works.
Caroline
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
'The Red Door' was a super sweet romance. It's an easy to read novella, that made my heart swoon. I loved the story-line and the characters.

Evie and Bennett meet for the first time on New Years Day, both down on their luck, looking for a little magic to make things right. Neither are in the right place for a relationship and they agree to meet again in 12 months, same time, same place. This book follows them over the next year as their paths cross several time, good and bad.
Latifa Morrisette
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Red Door by Emery Jacobs is a poignant read that is perfect for the new year. Evie and Bennett met each other at the worst times of their lives. But a promise is all it takes to changes theirs life. This book hit me in my feelings and I loved every minute of it. This is the perfect read for for New Year's. ...more
Dec 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Emery Jacobs has written such a wonderful novella in The Red Door. This is a hopeful love story about two people that have their problems but push past them to reach for the love. Bennett and Evie are two characters that you quickly fall for and will be cheering for from beginning to end. Can't wait for more from this series. ...more
Kelly
Dec 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Red Door is a short novella but full of emotion as two strangers meet in a bar for the first time but chance has them coming together again and again over the span of a year.

Evie and Bennett's life situations pull them apart but as they find their way back to each other, each encounter seems not go as expected by either one but yet the hope is still there.

As Emery brings these two together you will be rooting in the background for happiness and love!

• The Crush
  • Home Game (Vegas Aces #1)
  • Lock&Load (PASS, #3)
  • Dear John
  • Reverb (Trojan #2)
  • Ashton Morgan: Apartment 17B (Wreck Me, #1)
  • Twist of Fate
  • Shattered (Willow Creek Book 1)
  • Reclaim
  • The Bluff (Calamity Montana, #2)
  • Only One Touch (Only One #4)
  • Tricked Steel
  • Without You
  • Bet on Ice (Boys of Winter #9)
  • I Have Lived and I Have Loved
  • The Boyfriend Effect (Frisky Business #1)
  • Decidedly with Luck (By the Bay, #6)
  • Fighting For You (The Callahans, #5)

Emery grew up in Southern Arkansas and has lived most of her adult life in Northern Louisiana. She spends her days working as a Nurse Practitioner in rural health and her nights reading, writing, and occasionally sleeping.

She loves real life romance…lots of angst and heartbreak, but always a happy ending.

News & Interviews