Start by marking “Whitehall Baby” as Want to Read:
Whitehall Baby

Whitehall Baby

One night changes everything...

She’s an aspiring fashionista with her eyes on her career.

He’s a government official who’s married to his country.

Even if the consequences are life changing.

He
Published February 8th 2021 by Laura Barnard

To ask other readers questions about Whitehall Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whitehall Baby

Start your review of Whitehall Baby
Natalie
Feb 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
I received an advance reader copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review via the author.

Whitehall baby is another hilarious story by the incredible Laura Barnard. This book had me laughing out loud numerous times and was so relatable in places too.

Charlotte is an aspiring fashion designer who is stuck bring a PA but is amazing at her job.
Arthur is a government official married to his job and a workaholic. They meet at an evening event Charlotte was roped into attending with her be
ItaPixie
Feb 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

Whitehall Baby was such an enjoyable story, it was hilarious and easy to read.

Charlotte Bellswain is an excellent PA witht the dream of being a fashion designer, Arthur Ellison has worked really hard to become the Cabinet Secretary. They meet at a Whitehall event and in a whirlwind of passion they get a surprise pregnancy. This isn't the best circumstance to start a co-parenting relationship , will Charlotte and Arthur succeed in this new journey? Will they have a chance to fall in love?

Charlot

Danielle's
Feb 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I love a Laura Barnard romance. Whitehall baby is as you’ve probably guessed an accidental baby story.

Two people both from different backgrounds join together in lust. This story is set from their first encounter onwards.

Charlotte’s pregnancy isn’t the only thing she has her eye on. She’s good at her job but she wants to progress. Can she juggle her change in fate?

Arthur is also focused on his career but he can’t help his feelings towards Charlotte.

Can this end in a perfect family?

Whitehall b
1-Click Addict Support Group
Feb 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I’ve read from Laura Barnard and it will not be the last.

This story gives us two people that are really are opposite of each other in every way possible. But they both decided to give this a try and they find out that as much as they are opposite, they are also the same.

Charlotte was such a relatable person, and you couldn’t help but to love her quirkiness. I appreciated that she was her true self when meeting people, no matter their status and that is what drew Arthur
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
So funny but completely relatable. Charlotte Bellswain finds out that she is pregnant after a one night stand and the father is Arthur Ellison, Cabinet Secretary who is married to his job.

“He’s obviously never been turned down before.
I search around for an answer that doesn’t include me screaming ‘because you ruined my life and I never want to see your gorgeous face ever again.’”

They have chemistry galore, but Charlotte worries that they are just too different and Arthur may not be able to ma
Well Read Traveller
Feb 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
4.5⭐️

I’m already a huge fan of Laura Barnard’s books so I was so excited when she kindly offered to gift me a copy of her new book. Thank you Laura! 💛⁣

This one definitely did not disappoint. I read it in less than 24 hours as I just couldn’t put it down!! It was hilariously funny I lost count of the number of times I laughed (or snorted) out loud!!! ⁣

Charlotte and Arthur..... a bit of an odd pairing that you wouldn’t necessarily put together, but despite this I was rooting for them from the
Laura Barnard
Jan 28, 2021 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
He smirks, as if he finds me amusing, and reaches out his hand to shake mine.

‘A pleasure to meet you, Charlotte Bellswain. I’m Arthur Ellison.’

Arthur Ellison. What a strong name. It suits him. He’s enormous, even bigger up close. He must have his suits specially made to fit across those huge shoulders and bulging biceps.

I nod, tucking a bit of hair behind my ear. ‘Nice to meet you too.’

‘Who are you here with?’ he asks looking around.

‘Oh, I just tagged along with my friend Eloise.’

‘Eloise Edwar
Gilly (booksandcatsx)
Feb 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing

I was privileged to receive an advanced copy for an honest review of this book. Laura Barnard has created this delightfully funny story of Charlotte and her one night stand with the sexy cabinet secretary (who knew that was possible) which leads to a pregnancy.

I loved the honesty in the relationship between Arthur and Charlotte. They were honest about what they were willing to sacrifice but upheld the values that were important to them.

Charlotte’s pregnancy nightmares had me laughing hystericall
Alice Howard
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Laura Barnard's writing always gives be Beth O'Leary vibes, aka amazing chick lit books.

Charlotte is content with her life in London. She lives in an alright flat in Watford - it does the job. She is working for her dream fashion company - well she isn't the designer she dreamed but we can't all achieve our dreams can we?
However, after one night, her standard night is turned on its head by one workaholic sexy beast. Arthur Ellison, is the epitome of sexy. He is dreamy, rich ,and in a successful
Leah
Feb 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!

I loved Charlotte and Arthur. I really liked how they first met and how the infatuation between them both started.

This book was hilarious, gripping and damn right romantic.

At first the 'news' if the unexpected baby pushed Arthur and Charlotte apart but after a while they realised that they weren't as different as they first thought. Deep down you could tell they kind of loved each other but they did not want to admit it.

I loved every aspect of this book and I cannot
Jen
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. I could not set it down. It had me laughing out loud in places and wishing Arthur and Charlotte would just talk to each other! Definitely worth a read.
Rosie
Feb 26, 2021 rated it liked it
Laura Barnard has written an accidental pregnancy story like no other because it showed the reality of pregnancy. It was funny and sweet, but Charlotte and Arthur’s story is the definition of opposites attract.

Charlotte and Arthur are from completely different worlds but meet at a political gala. Arthur is the cabinet secretary, and has no time for dating, but is drawn to Charlotte, the carefree woman who has no care for politics. Charlotte aspires to be a fashion designer, but is stuck as a PA,
Carly Wilson
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
If you’ve never read a Laura Barnard book then you’re missing out! No one does realistic down-to-Earth romantic comedy like she does. I am always so excited and eager for her to write something new, and from the moment I heard and saw the cover for ‘Whitehall Baby’ I knew I had to get my hands on it.

The book is about Charlotte Bellswain, a fashion design graduate, who is fun, carefree and has big dreams of making it in the fashion industry. But when she meets Arthur Ellison, the government’s Ca
mrsljgibbs
Mar 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I would just like to say thank you so much to Laura for forwarding me a copy of this book, for my Kindle, in return for an honest review.
I have read quite a few of Laura’s books and loved each and every one of them and this one was definitely no exception, I absolutely loved everything about it!
After only reading the first two chapters, Laura’s writing had hit me in the heart and made me shed a tear or two.
Both the main characters are amazing and I had a love / hate relationship with good old Ar
Megan
Feb 28, 2021 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed Barnard's fresh take on the accidental pregnancy trope. It's one I thought I was sick of and then Whitehall Baby came around and I was proven wrong.

Charlotte was a great character, and her inner monologues were probably my favourite part of the book! Arthur, while very dedicated to his job, seemed like a good guy, a trait I'm happy to be seeing more of in contemporary romance.

I think for me though, the story felt a bit too rushed. The foundation and the walls were all there I ju
Emma bramley
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed

This is an amazing new story from this author. This story follows the characters Charlotte and Arthur. The characters have hot chemistry between them from the start. This story is full of laugh out loud moments. This book is perfect for those who love humor and plenty of steam in there romance. This author is fantastic at bringing this to you. This is an easy to read, flowing, page turner of a book from this author.

I was given an advanced reader copy of this book in exchange for an honest review
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Feb 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
What an easy, breezy, cute story. Charlotte and Arthur come from completely different worlds, but you know opposites attract. This story had all of the fun tropes to read; a man of power, secret baby and a rom-com all rolled up into one hard one HEA. In this almost Cinderella-esqe story, Charlotte is a hard working independent woman. One night with workaholic Arthur results in a lifelong change for both of them. As they both navigate letting someone truly into their lives, the love sneaks up on ...more
Shan
Feb 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Jade Pitman
Feb 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I honestly love all Laura’s book!

But this is by far my favourite, I would recommend anyone to read this!

I was hooked from the first page and didn’t want to put it down x
bookspaced
Feb 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
Whitehall baby is an all new opposites attract/surprise pregnancy romance by Laura Barnard.

It follows Charlotte who is content with her life except for her career which she would like to be different but other than that she‘s doing okay. But her world get‘s turned upside down one night when she meets the handsome Arthur whom she quickly finds attractive. One faithfull night binds them together forever.

Charlotte and Arthur couldn‘t be more different. He‘s a workaholic through and through and defi
Selena
Mar 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie, arc, ebook, books-i-own
I received an advance reader copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest from the author, Laura Barnard herself. Thank you so much for this opportunity! I genuinely enjoyed reading this!

I did not expect to speed through this so fast! I finished this in just a matter of hours. I just didn’t want to put it down. I really enjoyed reading this, it was such an easy humorous read!

The premise itself just shows you it’ll be a rom-com. We see Charlotte and Arthur, who meet unexpectedly at a party
Mar 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Charlotte and Arthur could not be more different. She is a struggling fashion designer (PA) and he is the Cabinet Secretary. They meet by chance at a fancy party her friend Eloise invites her to and they have instant chemistry.

Arthur's job is very demanding and their first date could not go more wrong. But he's gorgeous and she tries another date. They have a great night but he never calls her thinking they decided he was too busy. But then she realizes even though they used protection she's mis
Lina Conk
Feb 24, 2021 rated it liked it
I couldn’t possibly eat only one kernel of salted buttered popcorn. I would surely devour the an entire bucket! That is how I felt about this adorable book. It was such a guilty pleasure and I found myself continuing to go back for more. Total binge read!

This is a funny rom-com about opposites attract and finding both love and humor in the unexpected. This is not a slow burn, it sizzles from the get go. But it isn’t just about boy meets girl. A night of lust ends with a pregnancy. Arthur Is a h
Irène
Feb 21, 2021 rated it it was ok
First of all, Thank you Laura Barnard for sending us an ARC of Whitehall Baby in exchange for an honest review ✨🥰🤗

The first I read from Laura Barnard was Cock & Bull and I quite enjoyed it! So I started this one really happy to discover it, but I realize quickly that I probably won’t be my cup of tea… 🥺 Whitehall Baby is an office romance with a surprise pregnancy. We follow Charlotte and Arthur, very opposite people, but you know… Opposite attracts, right? Arthur is a very important man, workin
Gemma
Feb 19, 2021 rated it liked it
One night changes everything...
She’s an aspiring fashionista with her eyes on her career. He’s a government official who’s married to his country.

From the moment Charlotte Bellswain and Arthur Ellison meet, their chemistry is off the charts. Although everything about them is wrong, they can't resist one night together. Leaving them with life changing consequences!

He warns her he’ll let her down, his job comes first and that the eyes of the country are on them both. The question is can he change
Emily Quinn
Mar 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
An unexpected pregnancy turns Charlotte’s life upside-down, and as a reader, I felt incredibly lucky to be sharing this journey with her. Barnard has impressed me once again with her hilarious writing and keen eye for detail! If you love a good romcom with humour that’ll make you quite literally laugh out loud, you can’t NOT read this one!

This book is the prime example of what Barnard does best. It’s the perfect romcom with the ideal balance of fun and seriousness to keep a reader invested, with
Rachel Fisher
Feb 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oh my this book where to start! I loved it! I felt I binge read it all in a few days, I didn't want to put it down par to sleep! It felt like the reality of life in general well what could be anyway. It was so funny which I always love when a book actually makes me laugh out loud.
This book just had all the love and difficulties between Charlotte and Arthur who didn't have a easy ride of a relationship throughout her pregnancy which came as a surprise to both of them after just one night togethe
Readingfordays
One night changes everything...⁣

She’s an aspiring fashionista with her eyes on her career.⁣
He’s a government official who’s married to his country.⁣

From the moment Charlotte Bellswain and Arthur Ellison meet, their chemistry is off the charts.⁣

Everything about them is wrong, but neither of them can resist one stolen night together.⁣
Even if the consequences are life changing ...⁣

Definitely a 5 star review from me! The perfect book, at the perfect time!

I absolutely loved this book and it was e
Wendy Livingstone
Mar 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Arthur is a government official who is a workaholic and dedicated to his country, while Charlotte is an aspiring fashion designed who is working as a PA. These two meets at an event and are instantly attracted to each other. These two come from totally different backgrounds but are perfect for each other. Bring into the mix an unexpected pregnancy, and this is an entertaining tale. This is a beautifully written story which is a fun, entertaining, and humorous story with a tad drama, with engagin ...more
Siobhan
Mar 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Whitehall Baby was another laugh-out-loud romance from Laura Barnard, one I happily devoured in a single sitting. Although I would not label this my favourite book from the author, it’s certainly one I could not get enough of.

Whitehall Baby hooked me from the start, ensuring I was eager to see how everything came together. As it’s a quick read, I happily devoured this one in no time at all, powering through the pages to see how the details came together. With plenty of funny moments throughout,
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• You Know it's Love
  • This Time Next Year
  • Bring Up the Bodies
  • Home Is Where You Are
  • Road Trip
  • The Bridgertons: Happily Ever After (Bridgertons, #1.5-8.5; 8.6)
  • One True Loves
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • Suitors and Sabotage
  • The Case of the Missing Marquess (Enola Holmes, #1)
  • The Home Edit: A Guide to Organizing and Realizing Your House Goals
  • Carols and Chaos
  • A Tangle of Spells (A Pinch of Magic, #3)
  • A Lady's Guide to Gossip and Murder (A Countess of Harleigh Mystery #2)
  • A Lady's Guide to Etiquette and Murder (A Countess of Harleigh Mystery, #1)
  • The Home Edit Life: The Complete Guide to Organizing Absolutely Everything at Work, at Home, and on the Go
  • On the Way to the Wedding (Bridgertons, #8)
  • Dancing at Midnight (The Splendid Trilogy, #2)
Amazon Bestselling Author Laura Barnard writes British quirky laugh out loud romantic comedy.

She lives in Hertfordshire, UK, with her husband and daughter.

In her spare time she enjoys drinking her body weight in tea, cuddling dogs, matchmaking her friends (very successfully), binging True Crime, indulging in the power nap and reading past her bedtime.

www.laurabarnardbooks.co.uk