Start by marking “Little Doll (Queens of Chaos #1)” as Want to Read:
Little Doll (Queens of Chaos #1)

Little Doll

(Queens of Chaos #1)

Xanthe had been happy to watch life go past. To be Xander’s Little Doll, as he had always desired her to be.

She had not planned on breaking the constraints of his control.

She had not planned on falling in love again on the heady night of her freedom.

Blaise wanted her. Wanted to keep her. Wanted to break free of his prison to pursue the mad love that had ensnared them.

Blood
Kindle Edition
Published November 28th 2020 (first published November 21st 2020)

To ask other readers questions about Little Doll, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Doll

Start your review of Little Doll (Queens of Chaos #1)
Lια ☽
Feb 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book was an intense, suspenseful story full of mysteries and manipulations. The first half focused in the story building and I found it a bit slow going but after the halfway point the story really picks it up, there were some twist and turns that I didn't saw it coming and I couldn't take my eyes off the train wreck that I knew would happen.

In this book both characters were trying to escape the gilded cages they were stuck in. Xanthe is trying to break free from her abusive high school boy
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Apr 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it, dark
Little Doll is book one in the Queens of Chaos. This is one of the best debut novels I’ve read in a long time. I pretty much inhaled this book in one evening/night. Although I thought it was slow to start with I can understand why.. the author weaved her way into my thoughts and gripped me.

The two main characters Xanthe and Blaise are intriguing. I couldn’t get enough of either of them.

The storyline is brilliant and I’m so looking forward to reading more.
Kelly Gregory
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a debut book!! This had all the right 'feels' for a dark romance, it was intense, full of suspense and written really well! The overall plot was detailed and enthralling. I liked the characters and the way the story developed. It was tough to read at times due to the way the MFC was controlled and manipulated by not just her 'Fiancé' but also her family and even friends! This was also the one downside for me, i do like strong heroines and Xanthe for most of the book just seemed to accept wh ...more
Janet Hunt
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was amazing for a debut book!! Xanthe is trying to break free from her high school boyfriend, Xander. She eventually meets Blaise. Holy moly, he was hot and cold so much of the time! This was an extremely well written story. There was danger, drama and mystery. I am voluntarily leaving a review form an advanced copy that I received. My reviews are solely based on my thoughts and opinions.
Hannah Wenna
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I may have stayed up way too late reading this... This book is gripping, thrilling. It's one of those books that leave a lasting impression on you. It's dark in a way that has you crying out in fear. I loved the friendships between the girls and the brotherhood with the guys. There was parts I wanted to SHANK a B**. By the time I finished reading this book I was unsettled, emotional and I couldn't sleep. If you love a book that will give you all the feels - perhaps not in a good way then this is ...more
Jade Adams
Apr 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I want to start by saying I loved reading a book based in my home town! I have never read a book where I can say "I live there!"

Xanthe is fighting to break free of her 'little doll' life and finds herself on a whirlwind weekend in Paris with the dark and mysterious Blaise who turns her cage upside down and and threatens to shake the foundations of her life. But everything gets twisted and even more complicated as the story goes on, I could barely keep up with drama that unfolds.
Blaise and Noel
Madeleine Booth-Smits
Dec 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a love story!!! I couldn't help but feel totally and utterly trapped with Xanthe. What a debuted novel!! I just loved the pace and voice of this book. I was totally enthralled. Book 2 can not be written fast enough!

I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.
GML
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
KL
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can’t belive this is author’s debut book! It definitely doesn’t read like it!

I just finished it and I need more now! It was an intense emotional roller coaster ride and I still can’t wrap my head around that ending!

The story follows Xanthe who is trying to break free from her manipulative and abusive high school sweetheart Xander.
I loved Xanthe’s character. She managed to stay strong and didn’t give up fighting for her freedom.
When she met Blaise their chemistry was instant and explosive! Blai
Valentina
Discovering yourself, finding love

A case of unexpectedly discovering yourself, your goals, recognizing your differences from ideals you thought you held in the past, Xanthe meets Blaise and all the untruths, the masking herself, becoming a doll to the whims of her former boyfriend, dwindled away in a love affair. In this story Xanthe realizes herself in the throes of a passionate attraction to and relationship with Blaise, and with the help of some dear girl friends. These two lovers attempt at
The Lushy Reader
Mar 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Frustratingly fantastic story!

Ahhhh these people piss me off!! Like tear my hair out, throat punch EVERYONE!!!

Ok enough with the dramatics. To be honest, those feelings (^) is why I’ve now become a huge fan of Lj’s writing. The amount of emotional turmoil she has put me through, connects me to her characters. I love stories that I become emotionally involved in; and wow did I become insanely involved with this group.

Oh my dearest Xanthe, I hate what the world has done to you. I hate that everyon
Daisy Sauceda
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
**trigger warning- there is drug use, mental and emotional abuse among other things. **

Now, this book had me thinking that I was losing my mind at first but it was only because I thought the main character was still a teenager but it cleared that up a few pages later. So here we follow Xanthe and Blaise. These two people are highly messed up. It was either result of what they have endured. We do get some flashbacks from Xanthe as to how she was treated and trying to move on and stand her ground.
AllyG
Dec 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Where to start...this book is not what I expected. I started off with a sense of what this story would be like and was completely turned around by the end of it!
The main character took a lot of getting used to; you either love or hate Xanthe! I don’t think there’s any in-between with her. The story follows her life after she decides to finally drop her toxic partner, which she had been with since childhood.
Dont get me wrong, I love a good anti-hero but that is not what Xander was! He was just fr
Cassie Luellman
Dec 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Xanthe is a flawed heroine that is easy to root for. She has just come out of a horrible long term relationship and she unexpectedly meets Blaise on a night out and they have an intense and instant connection. There is more than one relationship that happens in this book and both are very much a case of insta love but it is easy to root them because of the way they are together. Xanthe and Blaise have so much going against them and this angst left me dying for them to fight through the adversity ...more
BLT
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just wrapped up this book and all I can say is WOW, it was intense and so much to unwrap.
I just want to talk to someone about these characters; one minute you are sympathizing with Xanthe and standing behind her, I mean Blaise is a jerk (self proclaimed) and he owns it. But then the plot thickens and you get sucked into this runaway train that you can't jump off. I found myself dumbfounded by what was happening and the insanity of it all.
I both love and hate these characters, they are sooooo
Claires Book Reviews  And Wine
Excellent Debut Book!

LJ Findlay outdone herself on this dark romance. I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't this good thats for sure.

Xanthe has been in a controlling relationship since she was a child and is trying to break herself free in this book from Xander but its not just him she's fighting against but her family as well.

Blaise also has his own issues with a controlling family. I honestly can't wait to see what happens next with this pair in the next book.

No matter how grumpy Bla
Lola King
Feb 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It starts as a good night out between girlfriends... next thing you know you're entangled in a world of love, secrets and darkness!

I devoured this book! It's dark, it's sexy and every chapter or so it gives you a good kind of 'what the f*ck, don't do that.'

Xanthe is a FMC like I love them, she's not perfect, she's got her flaws and that's what makes her so interesting.
I don't know how many times I screamed 'it's not fair!' reading this book, but a fair amount.

I really enjoyed how L.J Findlay
Jessica
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It wasn't at all what I expected and the ending OMG! It throw me off so much but I loved it. I can't wait to read more about Blaise he's such a mystery I feel like I still know nothing about him but knowing alot at the same time.

I loved how strong Xanthe was after everything shes been through. I may not like all of her actions but I felt they were justified through how Xander treated her.

Blaise drove me insane on how hot and cold he was but then its all in the name of protec
G.N. Wright
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Firstly thanks to Laura for sending me and ARC you know I was dying to take a peak and secondly ahhhhhhh!!!

What a wild ride this was. Dark, destructive and totally delicious.

Xanthe aka Xanders little doll is fighting to break free from her cage when she meets dark and dangerous Blaise and they spend a whirlwind weekend together.

Things soon become quickly entangled and complicated and honestly I could barely keep up with the drama. I was on edge the whole second half of the book.

Then the endi
Michaella Dieter
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Little Doll is LJ Findlay's debut novel, which certainly doesn't read as one! It is very well written, with plenty of drama, a touch of intrigue, danger and deception.

Xanthe, after extricating herself from an abusive relationship with Xander, (who I would describe as a narcissistic sociopath) falls for the mysterious Blaise...who isn't free to make his own choices. Can Xanthe escape from Xander, and forge something special with Blaise?

The cliffhanger will leave you wanting more, and I can't wa
Annas Book Nook
Mar 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Addictive!

Findlay's debut novel and i loved it.
It was so addictive and i couldn't put it down!!
Xanthe and Blaise suited each other, their forbidden love had me shouting at my kindle, i felt so sorry for them, meeting in secret.
I absolutely hated some characters in this book which you'll understand when you read it.
Alpha Male and forbidden love tropes.
There are some triggers and some psycho's in this book.
Can't wait for book 2 of the Queens of Chaos.
Jolynn  Bailey
Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! As a debut dark romance this one has it all. There’s numerous triggers in this book from abusive relationships to drug use, I was ill prepared for the intense emotional roller coaster ride this will inevitably put you through. That being said, it is absolutely worth reading, you may feel wrung out afterward but it will definitely be worth it. It doesn’t necessarily end on a HEA so much as a happy for now with a few unanswered questions to lead to the next book. The FMC Xanthe is finally fin ...more
Felicia's Review
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is L.J Findlay debut and wow did she hit it out of the park. Xanthe gets away from an abusive relationship with her high school sweetheart Xander. She is strong and independent. When she meets Blaise who is told Alpha and jerk as he says. This book is emotional and well worth the read. Cant wait for book two.
Natalia
Mar 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love it!
I can’t believe this is the author’s first debut book! I love how we can see both Xanthe and Blaise points of view. All the mystery wouldn’t let me to put the book down. I’m very intrigued by what’s going to happen next!!
Death Fairy
Dec 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing I loved it so much I want more amazing well written had me in till the end ❤️🖤❤️🖤
Amber Nicole Nicole
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Hooked, so hooked

Hooked from the start I couldn't put it down.
The drama, and the angst, not to mention the mystery I need more.

Xanthe and Blaise truly have some obstacles ahead but I'm so ready for the ride.

What an amazing debut
Congrats girl you rocked it.

5 stars
Melissa
Apr 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous debut

What a fabulous debut. This book is filled with major angst along with lots of suspense. The secret society aspect is intriguing. The characters are all fabulous in a very real way. Excited for book 2.
Sheryn
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Little Doll by L.J. Findlay is a great dark romance read.
Xanthe and Blaise have insta chemistry. So many emotions in one book.
A great debut and you should check it out. Can't wait for book two.
Carolina Saraiva
Jan 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
Even though the book is not really my type, it was a really good book. And it's just the start of this amazing author ...more
Hecate
Mar 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
One of the best debuts in dark romance I have read, it made me stay up late at night just for the need to finish it a know whats gonna happen next. The writing style totally captivates the readers and Xanthe on Lord can make any one go weak on their knees..waiting for more amazing work by you!

• Broken Trust (Pacific Prep, #1)
  • Paradise Lagoon (The Harlequin Crew #4)
  • Dead Man's Isle (The Harlequin Crew #2)
  • Gangsters and Guns
  • Tempted by Deception (Deception Trilogy, #2)
  • The Reaper Incarnate (Reaped, #0.5)
  • Devil's Pass (The Harlequin Crew #0.5)
  • The Heir (Kingmakers, #1)
  • Serpents
  • Carmelo's Malice (Whitsborough Progenies, #2)
  • Diver's Heart
  • Crooked Crows (Boys of Briar Hall, #1)
  • Little Bird (Twisted City Duet, #1)
  • All Hail (Queen Crow, #1)
  • Filthy Sex (The Five Points' Mob Collection, #4)
  • Poisoned Paradise
  • Cosa Nostra (Kids of The District #3)
  • Blood Taken (Blood Mafia, #2)
𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜. 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕤𝕨𝕖𝕖𝕥. 𝕒𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕦𝕟𝕚𝕢𝕦𝕖.

L.J. Findlay is a romance author based in London, UK and has been dreaming up stories for as long as she can remember. Since graduating Liverpool uni, she has moved back to London to start a career in media sales but, in true lockdown style, has found the time to put pen to paper.

Other than writing dark and twisted tales, and confusing her family as t

Queens of Chaos (3 books)
  • Beautiful Fool (Queens of Chaos, #2)
  • Broken Doll (Queens of Chaos, #3)

News & Interviews

For hard-core book lovers, the month of December is a mixed blessing. Those relentless holiday obligations tend to cut into reading time....