Start by marking “The Wounded Cowboy Billionaire (Billionaire Hearts Ranch, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Wounded Cowboy Billionaire (Billionaire Hearts Ranch, #1)

The Wounded Cowboy Billionaire (Billionaire Hearts Ranch, #1)

He had all the money in the world—and it wasn’t enough to keep his life from falling apart…

Rodeo star Colt threw everything he had at his sister’s illness, and nothing helped. Now that she’s gone, he’s not sure how to deal with his own feelings, let alone care for the baby she left behind. He needs help—desperately. Which might explain the completely inappropriate feelings
ebook
Published February 25th 2021

To ask other readers questions about The Wounded Cowboy Billionaire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wounded Cowboy Billionaire

Start your review of The Wounded Cowboy Billionaire (Billionaire Hearts Ranch, #1)
C.Y.
Feb 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oh. My. Heart! I do not have words to express how tragically beautiful this story was to me. The moment Colt is introduced, he captures your heart with the love he has for his sister. They bonded through grief after the death of their parents, and he promises to take care of her. You know through reading the blurb that his sister dies leaving him with her daughter, but the story line up to that is just heart wrenching. Tears flowed down my face as I ached for him. How much tragedy can one person ...more
MelodiousBookNotes
Feb 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"He's like a wounded animal. Existing just to react, chasing the next thrill that will make him forget the pain for awhile" Evelyn Hart
And so is the story of Colt Montgomery. A rodeo champion who has more money than he knows what to do with. Unfortunately, all of that money cannot soothe the absolute heartbreak he has suffered throughout his young life. Just when you think nothing worse could happen, life cruelly hands him more loss. It's unimaginable that someone has to deal with so much sorrow
Elaine Coghlan
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Wounded Cowboy Billionaire ~ Billionaire Hearts Ranch bk 1 by Edith Mackenzie.
An excellent start to a new series, Edith is a new author to me and I was pleasantly surprised how I fell into this story from the start.
You will need some tissues for parts of this story- I did.(this is at the beginning though)This has a story that is very true to life and has been brilliantly protrade in this story.

The Wounded Cowboy is Colt where we follow him and his sister Indie after the death of their mum.Co
Evelyn
Feb 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
I loved Colt & Evelyn’s story! It was full of drama, romance, angst and life lessons.
Sure it seemed overly dramatic at times but it was meant to show that no matter what love perseveres; through Trials and tribulations, life’s ups and downs that love whether it be for a significant other, friends or Family that it will always shine through the darkness.
It was so exciting to read Evelyn’s & Colt’s story unfold, from the beginning, to the middle where life really kicks you around to the end, wher
Barbara
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The first book in the Billionaire Hearts Ranch series a well written emotional story that held my interest until the end. Colt Montgomery and his sister Indie lost their parents when they where younger and the two men that where there for them were Logan and Bennett. Bennett loved Indie even back then. Now Colt has lost Indie and Bennett, but has gained their daughter Hope. Evelyn, Indie's best friend steps in to help With Hope. I enjoyed seeing this story come together. Have the Kleenex near by ...more
Tonisha
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"I don’t want to feel like I’ve wasted all those years loving you, idolizing you. So, I’m going to leave while I still have memories that aren’t tarnished."

Y'all this book will have your emotions all over the place but you'll still love it. Nearly every chapter had me close to if not in tears. Bennett and Indie's story could easily be it's own book. The small piece of their story that we do get is good.

Colt and Evelyn, the grief and strength they have was well written. I definitely wanted more o
Caleen Pickett
Jan 11, 2021 rated it liked it
This is the first book in a series.
After several tragic events, Colt has a lot of hurt and anger inside. As his friend Evelyn lives through the aftermath of these events with him, he realizes that she’s more than just a best friend. But after lashing out at her because of his pain, will she forgive him?
While characters in the book live together before marriage and there are insinuations of other characters’ sex lives, this is a clean romance (no steamy scenes).
I received a copy of thi
Jill Green
Feb 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing

Colt has had a lot of heartache in his life but has been surrounded by his sister, his 2 best friends and her 2 best friends. Then tragedy strikes again and he is thrown together with his sisters friend Evelyn to look after her daughter. Colt and Evelyn have loved each other for years and never admitted it to each other.
This book will make you cry it will make you smile, it was a great story that was very well written. I can’t wait to read more.
I received an ARC from BookSirens and leave my rev
Penny Leidecker
Feb 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
WARNING!!! You will definitely need tissues while reading this book. Yes, I cried a bunch, but this was a beautifully written story about loss, love, and what happens when all seems bleak. I’m not going to leave any spoilers, but you will have a love/hate relationship with Colt Justice Montgomery. Please grab your copy along with a box of tissues and get ready to fall for these wonderful characters. I can’t wait to read the next book in this wonderful series.

I received a free copy of this book v
Nancy
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book will touch your heart and leave you feeling like there is nothing that can stop you from doing what is right as long as you have family , friends and all their love behind you.

Colt has had so much grief and heartbreak in his life. The book is so beautifully written you can feel every emotion the book has in the words that are written.

What an amazing start to a new series.

Sandyc
Feb 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. The plot and characters in this book are very relatable to all who read. Heart wrenching grief, chasing dreams, letting go of disappointment and opening up to possibilities. Once you start this book it will be hard to put down. Chase, Indie, Evelyn, Missy, and Logan will play havoc on your emotions as they deal with grief, love and Hope.

Well written

Marissa
Feb 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodreads-win
Goodreads Kindle Copy Win

A billionaire cowboy is still recovering from his sister sudden illness and death. She left behind her daughter to his care as he struggles with his new role. Needing help came in the form of his sister’s best friend whom he has feeling towards.

She has always had a thing for him but she went off to see the world. Now she is back will she be able to save him and be able to have their happy ever after.

A sweet charming story line.
Anna  M_82
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The cowboy of the story, Colt, isn’t just wounded the poor guy is broken. He has had so much success in life but has also lost so much. All he has left in the world is his sister’s baby Hope and her best friend Evelyn. Will he accept the family he has left? Or will he push them away through his grief and despair. Their story was heartbreaking but also beautiful. The end of their story was so amazing.

Teresa
Feb 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a tragic beginning and you will need tissues to get through to his HEA - it was a tough read to get me through all the loss - since losing both of my parents to cancer in recent years - but I do look forward to more books in this series - no spoilers from me!

Sherry Westendorf
Feb 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It has so much going on and sometimes is like a yo yo of emotions. Tragic he lost something very close to him. His sister's best friend comes back into the picture in several ways, I don't want to give any spoilers and ruin the story for you. It is very well written and recommended. I was given a review copy and voluntarily review it.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Feb 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It Grabbed My attention and focus so strong I could not put it down. A word of advice when you get your copy. Grab a snack, a comfy seat, kick back and relax. You will not be moving until you finish this bad boy here. Remarkable job. Thanks for sharing.
Sharlene
Feb 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful read from Edith. Grab some tissues before you start you'll need them. Colt captures your heart and as you follow his story, you see him overcome and grow. I loved how Edith has Colt, Indie and their friends band together to tell this story. Is is very much true to life. ...more
Melissa
Feb 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
My Goodness! What an emotional story! I cannot remember the last time I shed so many tears in with one book.

This was beautifully written. I felt like I was right there with Colt and Evelyn living their heartbreak with them.

Well worth the read but have tissues handy!!
The Swoony Awards
Nominated for a 2021 Swoony Award, to vote click here: https://tinyurl.com/y593ce67 ...more
Tammy Stephens
Feb 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
LIked it but it made me teary eyed.
Gloria
Feb 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a great beginning to a new series. After the death of their Mother Colt and his sister Indie only have each other. After tragedy strikes Colt must learn to live again. Very emotional book.
Kaye
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
⭐⭐ONE BEAUTIFULLY COMPELLING JOURNEY⭐⭐
Bumbling brambles boo! Edith has outdone herself once more, unveiling one turbulent, heart-wretching, gut-clenching whirlwind, tugging those heartstrings and bringing out all the feels with this incredible testament to love, loss and future, propelling this treasure to staggering heights. Attributes and perspective in every thread you unravel with each page your drawn into this tangled web so securely and precise, exhibiting the soaring ups and agonizing dow
Edith Mackenzie
Nov 01, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The fuel gauge needle hovered south of empty on the beaten-up old pickup. Why the heck couldn’t Logan even manage to do simple things like keeping a full tank of gas in his truck? Colt wanted to slam his hands on the steering wheel in frustration. He didn’t have time to pull over. He didn’t have time to stop. He just didn’t have time.

The lead weight in his chest pulled him down, making it impossible to breathe. The truck glided to a halt on the side of the road, Colt not sure if it had simply d
Marlene Amdall
Melisa Dowling
Tillie Cheatwood
MIPat

• A captivating touch #prequel
  • A Soldier for Suzie (Love will OUT, #3)
  • Billion Dollar Fiancé (Seattle Billionaires Book 4)
  • A Protector For Phoebe (Love will OUT, #2)
  • Ruined: Breathless - Book 2
  • Round Up (Lost Creek Rodeo #1)
  • Promise Me Always
  • The Christmas Truce: A Novella (Rosalind Brewery Series)
  • The Curacao Christmas
  • The Christmas Checklist (Christmas Cove, #2)
  • The Estate
  • Summer with a Star (Second Chances #1)
  • The International Billionaire Club Box Set
  • Tattooed Sweetheart
  • Christmas at the Coffee Shoppe
  • The Twin Bargain
  • Silicon Valley Billionaire Series Complete Collection
  • And I Love You the Most (This Love Hurts #3)
Edith MacKenzie or Eddie Mac to her friends is an Australian author of sweet and wholesome contemporary cowboy romance. They say in literary circles to write what you know and Eddie has certainly taken that to heart. Before embarking on a writing career she trained horses professionally and brings that wealth of knowledge to her writing.

Now a mum to a boy and girl, as well as wife, she delights wi

News & Interviews

“I don’t want to feel like I’ve wasted all those years loving you, idolizing you. So, I’m going to leave while I still have memories that aren’t tarnished.” 0 likes
“People either do two things with love. They’re either showing it or they’re crying out for it.” 0 likes