Start by marking “Hunter (Rosewood High, #5)” as Want to Read:
Hunter (Rosewood High, #5)

Hunter

(Rosewood High #5)

I’m a nobody... until everybody realizes who I am and who I’m related to.

Then it’s like a giant target is painted on my back. They all think they can use me to climb the Rosewood High royalty ladder.

They obviously underestimate me. I won’t cower down or give in.

They can’t break me. But he can... without even trying.

Zayn Hunter.

He doesn’t want to use me... he’s already at t
Published November 19th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunter

Start your review of Hunter (Rosewood High, #5)
Meredith Wilson
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hunter is the fifth full-length novel in Tracy Lorraine's Rosewood High series. Spoken in dual perspectives, this is Poppy Poore and Zayn Hunter's story.

Poppy hasn't had the easiest life. Her parents checked out years ago and left her to raise her younger siblings. Between taking care of them, maintaining her grades and dealing with a bully trying to ruin her, she doesn't have time to deal with her best friend's brother. She has always had a crush on him but the one time she acted on it, he imm
✨ Lucy ✨
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"I’m not interested , I don’t want her, I’m just…intrigued…concerned.Captivated…"

Another spectacular high school bully romance delivered by Tracy Lorraine.

I think Zayn Hunter blowed my mind in just a few pages .

I never imagined someone like Zayn had all that in himself. I’m still shocked .

Finally we see the playboy losing his mask and showing his true meaningful colors . I loved it.

Zayn and Poppy 's story was the most emotional between all the other couples . There are some pretty serious and
Danielle's
Nov 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved my Rosewood high fix. This series has me begging for more with every page.

Zayn and Poppy’s story is emotional and had me wanting to throw a punch or two of my own. The pair do have a enemies to lovers relationship but she isn’t what gives Poppy nightmares. They have a connection. The problem is it could either save her or be her undoing.

Poppy’s home life isn’t all rosie. She’s trying her best to juggle school, family and something dark. Zayn is popular but not the typical hero. When Po
Abstract  ♥ Books

ALL MY REVIEWS CAN BE FOUND ON MY BLOG: ABSTRACT BOOKS

line

"Hunter" is the fifth part of the "Rosewood High" series by Tracy Lorraine. Told in dual perspectives , get ready to meet Zayn and Poppy!!

I have been salivating for this book right the point where the last book ended!! Zayn and Poppy had me intrigued right from the moment I got to know that they will have a book together. The book was a typical Brother's best friend trope , but it was the emotions and drama that made it so amazing for me.

P
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 5/ 5 stars

This series just keeps getting better and better damnnn. This one was sooo emotional, it also felt like the most real bully romance in the series with just the difference that the bully isn't the hero or heroine in this one. That side of the story was super important and it really messed with my emotions.

I loved to meet Poppy, we had only gotten glimpses of her in other books, mainly Jace's, and I really liked getting to know her...even though my heart truly hurt for her due to
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
So many twists and turns, this new addition to the Rosewood series will blow you away!

We met Poppy Poore in the very first book, she's Jake's cousin and one of the few people he's overly protective of, until he fell in love with his Brit. The fact that Poppy is related to the king of Rosewood High pretty much guaranteed that Poppy had no social life since no one wanted to face the beat down that Jake would give if they even tried, but Poppy has bigger issues to deal with than fighting off potent
Vera Neves (Sinfonia dos Livros)
*I received this ARC in exchange for a sincere review*

I must say that I was really looking forward to this new book in the Rosewood High series coming out to be able to continue the Fierce that brings us the story of Chelsey and Shane.

In this fifth book in the series we have the troubled story between Zayn and Poppy, Harley's best friend, Zayn Hunter's younger sister.
Since Poppy's can remember, she has dreamed of Zayn. However, even though they are almost eighteen, and it has been a few years si
Enticed by Romance
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I’m always a little hesitant when I start reading a series, especially one with more than 3 books as the fear of losing interest plays heavily on my mind but I have never had this problem with Tracy Lorraine’s Rosewood Series.

Hunter is the fifth book in this series and each book keeps on getting better than the last book in the series.

This book along with all the other books centres around one couple and their journey.

Zayn and Poppy’s journey isn’t full of happy times but when they are togethe
bookspaced
Nov 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Man this series just keeps getting better with each book I read.

This story is about Poppy, Jakes younger cousin and Zayn a jock and friend of Jake. We got glimpses of both of these characters throughout the series but it was amazing to see their own story come to life.

Poppy has a hard life. She get‘s bullied, but not by our Hero but by another guy in school. Her family life also isn‘t as great anymore as before. She‘s struggeling and keeping to herself except for one faithful new year party wher
Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*
Wow, Zayn and Poppy's story wrecked me.

While I absolutely loved Zayn, I fell in love with Poppy.
Those moments behind closed doors of her house shattered me. She was so strong. And she never had a minute to spare. Bullied at school and then being a parent at home. Such a star!

I'm still comming out of the fog of the story, it was so emotional, so powerful, so raw.

I don't just read Tracy's books, I live in them!
Jocelyn H
Nov 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have enjoyed every book in the Rosewood High series and Hunter was no exception.
Poppy is a girl who is going through so much that she is nearly at the end of her rope. She doesn't think anything that anyone does could possibly make her life any worse than it is now. The desolation of her situation really hit me in the heart and I felt so sad for her.
Hunter has always been attracted to his sisters best friend but he has always been afraid of getting too close.
The attraction between these two r
Stacey Escalera blog
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Tracy Lorraine
HUNTER: A Dark High School Bully Romance (Rosewood High Book 5
This book was well written I enjoyed reading the MC and overall content was intriguing I was involved with the story until the end another great story in the series.

Title: Hunter

Series: Rosewood High #5

Author: Tracy Lorraine

Genre: High School Bully Romance

Release D
Rosie
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!!

Tracy Lorraine has done it again, throwing you back into the chaos of Rosewood High and tossing all of the previous assumptions you’ve made about these characters out the window. Hunter is Zayn and Poppy’s story, with Poppy being Jake Thorn’s cousin, and is an enemies to lovers, best friend’s older brother romance.

Poppy has the weight of the world on her shoulders, she just doesn’t show it. She is the one responsible for caring for her younger siblings, with her parents not helping at
Deborah Kurniawan
5 ⛤⛤⛤⛤⛤

Best-friend's brother romance excellence!

~Zayn Hunter & Poppy~

Their story is AMAZING and it takes an unexpected turn that left me flabbergasted.

From previous books, it is known that Poppy is Jake Thorn's cousin (read his book, Thorn). While the first time Zayne appears is in Fierce as Shayne's best friend.
Poppy's heart is broken by Zayn and she has been avoiding him since. Even though it's not easy as she is best friend with his sister's Harley.
Zayn made the biggest mistake in
Ann Mihailovic
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Hunter is the fifth book in the Rosewood High series written by Tracy Lorraine. It is a high school bully/ enemies to lovers story and though part of a series, it is read as a standalone. This story is about Poppy and Zayn.
Poppy has a hard life, practically raising her siblings on her own due to detached parents who are drug dependant. To top that all off, the only boy she has ever loved continues to play games with her and the school bully is threatening and tormenting her in ways that are dow
Laura Holland
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh.My.Goodness! I looooove this series so much but Zayn and Poppy's has to be my most favourite so far! I think I can admit I am slightly addicted to this series.

It was such an emotional rollercoaster that had me more often than not getting into my feelings... sometimes it tapped into my mushy warm side, and other times i wanted to climb into the book and deliver some slaps with mega truth bombs for some people! And don't even get me started on the twists and turns you'll find yourself in durin
Shannon Ricci-mayronne
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Umm- what twisty rabbit hole did Tracy Lorraine just take me down?
Don’t get me wrong, I loved every minute with Poppy and Zayn, but this was not the bully romance I was just expecting!
Poppy is trying to stay in the shadows and just get thru the next two years of high school. But, with her best friends on the cheer squad and a cousin who is the star quarterback, this isn’t an easy task. Not to mention being on Zayn Hunter’s radar. Zayn has been interested in Poppy for years, but Jake (her cousin
Katslovesbooks
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing

Another amazing story by Tracy Lorraine, honestly this series keeps getting better and better and I can't wait for what's to come next.

Poppy and Zayn's story is a rollercoaster of emotions from page one. The level of suspense, drama, sensual tension and unpredictable surprises keep me at the edge of my sit begging for more.

My heart goes for Poppy and everything she has to endure at such of young age. Her life is full of responsibilities and in top of that she feels rejected by Zayn and its cons
Shonna
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have been dying to read Hunter since tracy Lorraine announced it was coming! And holy hell it did not disappoint this book completely gripped me I was so consumed with this fantastic book! I have loved every second of this series and “Hunter” for me is my new favourite I love them all but this is one that screams YES!! This is the 5th book in the rosewood high series get ready ladies Cos “Hunter” is going to blow your mind!!

Poppy has not had it easy she has been forced to grow up way too soon
Michelle Mendes
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
O.M.G….Hunter is intense and so much chemistry and heat!! Hunter is the 5th book in Rosewood High series. Tracy Lorraine, author, did an outstanding job with Hunter. Tracy wrote a fantastic job creating a world and characters that you want to keep on visiting with each book that has come out about Rosewood High. Hunter was all about Poppy and Zayn. Poppy is a strong and brave heroine. After all bravery is facing obstacles or problems head on even in the face of fear. Zayn is as alpha and hot as ...more
Helen Leecy
Nov 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
After not enjoying the last book in this series, I was seriously considering being done with the Rosewood High books. However, I’m a sucker for Tracy Lorraine’s books and having read every single one I knew that one bad one didn’t mean I couldn’t continue to enjoy any future books.
I’m certainly glad I didn’t give up on this series as Zayn and Poppy’s story is now one of my favourites. Poppy is such a sweet girl and deserves all the happiness in the world.
The storyline surrounding Preston was ver
Renee
Warning: Sexual Assault Triggers

This has been the hardest book of Tracy Lorraine's to get through. I'm a huge fan of hers. I've read everything she has written and will continue to do so. She writes such great storylines and characters. Ones you just get so invested in. The worlds she creates are heartwarming...at least once the HEA arrives. And I've been waiting on this book since I read THORN.

I've waffled over four stars or five stars mostly because the three assault scenes that stick out, I
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
HOLY HELL! I've totally LOVED this crazy series full of mean ole bad boys, and my emotions having totally been running amok with all the previous books, but Hunter just hit differently in my opinion. Poor Poppy, that girl has been through way too much in her young life, but you wouldn't know it since she doesn't whine about it (though she does have reason to), nor asks for help. Her parents are useless, she has a brutal bully who never stops, and the boy she has secret feelings for, Zayn, has go ...more
Sophie Randall
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Arc in exchange for an honest review.
There are some triggers in this book so warning!
I am still absolutely loving this series and I am not ready for it to be over. This book was just as amazing as the rest of them, the amount of drama in this gosh damn! Although, I still think that Fierce is my favourite - Chelsea I love you girl, my fave character.

Poppy and Zayn's story went in a place that I did not expect it to go AT ALL and I loved every second of reading it, I flew through this book as soon
Heather Kerby
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Zayn has always been the boy that Poppy could never have. He is her first love, and unfortunately he seems to be her only love...... even if it's all in her head. He is also her best friend's brother, and the bane of their existence since he is one of the popular kids. Poppy has always been off limits to any of the guys for her cousin status to Jake Thorn the all mighty ruler at Rosewood High.

Poppy's life looks like it is all glitter and rainbows on the outside, but on the inside she is the only
The Lusty Literarians

I'm so glad we get Zayn & Poppy's story in Hunter. Poppy is Jake's cousin. If you're read Jake's book then you'll remember his Aunt & Uncle's house, the one that he was forced to live in the backyard of. I loved the general idea of this story that appearances aren't always what they seem to be. Poppy may live in a nice house but the inside is anything but. In addition to a troubled home life she has some very particular trouble at school. Hunter is told with dual POVs and contains unexpected ele
Amanda Davanzati
Nov 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another job well done by Tracy Lorraine!! She has done another phenomenal job writing an intense book. This book is a rollercoaster of emotions. There were so many twists and turns, you were sure where it was gonna go next.

Hunter was a book that captured every emotion out of me. I was literally feeling every emotion the characters were. I devoured this book. It was so easy to get lost in this world just like every other book in this series, but this one definitely made you keep guessing what wa
Syd Springer
Nov 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Ms. Tracy blew me away with this book. If I could have given this book more than 5 stars I would. This book was an absolute page turner! Everything I thought I knew about Poppy went down the drain in this book! Poppy and Zayn's book was one emotional ride. My emotions were all over the place. I loved how strong and brave Poppy was with everything that was going on but I also wanted to knock some sense into her! I really loved Zayn. Zayn kept trying to break down Poppy's walls and be there for he ...more
Kari Hansen
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Poppy is trying to balance not only school but being there for siblings since her parents aren’t and if that isn’t enough she has attracted the attention of the wrong person who is making a difficult situation even that much more difficult. The last thing she needs is the attention of her best friend’s brother especially since they have a past she wants to forget.

Zayn has had feelings for Poppy for a while but between her being his sister’s best friend and being friends with her cousin he needs
Heidi
Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my!! Zayn and Poppy’s story was intense. Poppy is Jake Thorn’s cousin and Zayn’s sister’s best friend. These two have liked each other for a few years. You wouldn’t think so with how they act towards each other. Everyone thinks that Poppy’s life is great only her two best friends know a little of what happens at her home. She wants to get away from this town, but it hurts when she thinks about leaving her siblings. She is the only one they can rely on. Zayn is finally realizing that he wants ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Bait (B.A.D. Inc #3)
  • Striker (Redwood Rebels #1)
  • FAZE: A Dark High School Bully Romance (Rosewood High)
  • Not My Hero (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Stroke of Midnight
  • Trust Him (Rebels at Sterling Prep #4)
  • Cruel Kisses (It's Just High School, #2)
  • Trick Me Twice
  • Taint Her (Rebels at Sterling Prep, #3)
  • Inevitable (King Crime Family, #2)
  • Reign of a King (Kingdom Duet, #1)
  • Fallen Heirs (Windsor Academy #3)
  • Mr. Heartbreaker (Black Mountain Academy)
  • Mafia Casanova
  • Rise of a Queen (Kingdom Duet, #2)
  • Rule of a Kingdom
  • The Endgame Is You (Rixon Raiders, #4)
  • Jingle Wars
Tracy Lorraine is a M/F and M/M contemporary romance author. Tracy has just turned thirty and lives in a cute Cotswold village in England with her husband, baby girl and lovable but slightly crazy dog. Having always been a bookaholic with her head stuck in her Kindle Tracy decided to try her hand at a story idea she dreamt up and hasn’t looked back since.

Rosewood High (7 books)
  • Thorn (Rosewood High #1)
  • Paine (Rosewood High #2)
  • Savage (Rosewood High #3)
  • Fierce (Rosewood High, #4)
  • Fury (Rosewood High #6)
  • Faze (Rosewood High)