Start by marking “The Wrath of the Hellfires (Vikramaditya Veergatha, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Wrath of the Hellfires (Vikramaditya Veergatha, #4)

The Wrath of the Hellfires

(Vikramaditya Veergatha #4)

PATIENCE IS A DRAWN BOW. RAGE, ITS RELENTLESS ARROW.

Shukracharya's plan to break the unity of Vikramaditya’s Council has borne bitter fruit. Friends have become sworn enemies, and brother has turned against brother, setting Avanti on the path to self-destruction.

Even as Vikramaditya prepares to counter a Huna invasion, a rebellion brews within Ujjayini, while a devious con
Paperback, First, 556 pages
Published December 20th 2020 by Jaico Publishing House

To ask other readers questions about The Wrath of the Hellfires, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wrath of the Hellfires

Start your review of The Wrath of the Hellfires (Vikramaditya Veergatha, #4)
THE BIBLIOPHILE (Rituranjan)
Jan 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
A fitting and a satisfying conclusion to the series, brimming with action and character intrigue that keeps the story going at a brisk pace. This is one of the best Indian mythological epic fantasy novels I've ever read, better than Amish and Anand Neelkantan in some aspects. Readers who wants a good happy ending with valiant heroes who fight for humanity, will definitely love this, especially in these hopeless times when the world needs courage in keeping the values of love and honour alive.

Thi
Dhivya
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Phenomenal and definition upto the hype. All the characters were justified and not much has been missed out. Loved the entire series ❤️
Aditya
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Having waited almost 2 years for this one, this book was highly awaited. For it is the last part of the blockbuster Vikramaditya Veergatha. The rest of the series comprise of 3 books which having read multiple times had built huge expectations. This is one of the first epic fantasy written about the legendary King Vikramaditya and his Navratnas. The Halahala, the legendary poison churned during the Samudra Manthan is handed by Shiva to Vikramaditya and his council of nine to protect from the Dev ...more
Hareesh P
Dec 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

Good ending to a long awaited series. Closed many storylines quite quickly. Felt that closure could have begun in the 3rd book. Would have enabled to give a more satisfactory closure for many character arcs.
Suresh S
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It would be a mistake to see Wrath of the Hellfires (WotH) in isolation. It is after all the last of the Vikramaditya Veergatha, a series of four books that started with 2015's The Guardians of the Halahala. Throughout the series, we see many battles fought, conspiracies hatched and foiled, friendships lost and gained. Author Shatrujeet does an excellent job, without letting the details slow down the pace of the narrative, of putting across that every action has consequences, sometimes several i ...more
Vishnu Chevli
Jan 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Deserves all hype created by the series.

Detailed review will follow shortly
Saifuddin Merchant
This was a great ending to the series, where the story got a nice wrap up of the series! Overall totally fun series and in particular a great ending book.
Guttu
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Remember guys waiting for two years to find out why kattappa killed Bahubali? I had to wait for almost 3 years for the conclusion of this series. The wait was painful but now that I have read the final book in the series, it was worth it.

Devas and Asuras continue planning and plotting to snatch the Veeshada dagger which contains Halahal. Both failed to acquire the dagger in spite of attacking Ujjayani multiple times. The Navratnas are still unaware of their full potential but they are ready to
Sanal Somasundaran
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Action Packed, Exhilarating, A thrilling ride, an epic ending
We all have heard of Vikramaditya stories in our childhood, but this epic saga is something totally different. Brilliant imagination resulting in creation of an amazing universe around the characters we have come across in different stories.
Being a fan of the series, I was eagerly waiting for the last book. Eager to know how it would all culminate amidst all the struggles, hardships and conspiracies Vikramaditya had to go through in
Girish Kumar
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The EPIC series not to be missed!! The last book in the series definitely had exceeded all the expectations and worth the wait.

Special mention about the detailing in the action sequences makes you feel as if you are in the middle of the battlefield and seeing it in one's own eyes.

Author has successfully managed to make the story gripping with lots of twists and turns and makes this book unputdownable.

A must read series for everyone!!!
HSB
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I don't believe I've reviewed any of the previous instalments of the Vikramaditya Veergatha (VV) in spite of having enjoyed all of the books in the series, partly because I was waiting for it to wind down before I could get my thoughts out on it, with all the cliffhangers were resolved.

Taken in total, the books are a great example of swashbuckling Indian fantastic fiction.

While Vikramaditya is familiar to most Indians from Betaal Pacheesi, a series of stories built around an ethical / moral co
Dheekshitha Varshini
Namrata Ganti
Jan 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Wrath of the Hellfires is a very fitting conclusion to the Vikramaditya Veergatha series! The story takes us where Book 3 left off with everyone going in their own path. The Devas and Asuras are each planning to wreck havoc and Vikramaditya is left to take a stand and defend not only his kingdom and people, but also to fulfil his oath to protect the dagger containing the Halahala!

This plot flows steadily, a little slower than the previous two books, but with enough speed as to keep the read
Shreyas Parchure
Dec 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Well! It was a long waiting time to have this Vikramaditya Veergatha concluded (Courtesy Lockdown of course). But it was definitely worth the wait! This being the 4th and last book in the entirely gripping series, it never fails to astonish and surprise, at the same time keeping the reader on his/her toes as to what new thing would happen on the next page! The author with his lucid and energetic pen has done justice to the 4 book long series with a great conclusion! The ending wouldn't have been ...more
Biswa
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading the book The Wrath of the Hellfires. I am a big fan of this Vikramaditya book series. And this last book of series concludes the story perfectly that started with book1. Interesting storyline with brilliant way of writing, simply awesome.

Kudos to the author Mr Shatrujeet Nath for writing such a beautiful and unique plot involving Indian mythological characters. Thank you very much Sir.
Arjun warrier
Dec 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Hats off to the author for keeping the tempo of the series through the four books. A stickler to mythological stories , I must admit Shatrujeet's Vikramaditya Veergatha is one of the finest series I have come across after Meluha. All the characters are balanced and the series has a beautiful take on all the three worlds. Finished the book in a span of three days, made me lay back on my couch, satisfied, content and with a heavy heart. I would love to see more of his work in the future. Loved eve ...more
Kavitha Sivakumar
Jan 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ir-india-2021
Whoa! what a ride! Read in one stretch, the author has a fantastic storyline tracking multiple characters in their adventure of rallying forces against deva and asura fighting for halahala.

Though the author steal ideas from hobbit and game of thrones, still fit good in this book.

Chavda Ajay
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
An amazing journey to the sindhuvarta and the life of vikramaditya and his council of nine... This is the best mythological fiction that i have ever read... There is war, love, friendship, conspiracies, betrayals, courage, passion, and life lessons as well...
Rama
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A befitting finale to the extraordinary mythological fiction series. The king and his council of nine amazed as they dazzled in the gripping 4th book. I suggest this series to be taken up for OTT platform. it will be awesome to see all characters come alive
Sriram Radhakrishnan
Jan 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This series is a must-have collection for all the mytho-fiction lovers! The final instalment is nothing less than enthralling and satisfying! Read my entire review here - https://instinctspeaks.wordpress.com/... ...more
Sukesh
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
India's own mythological thriller

This is a better story than #hobbit #games of thrones or the #xmen series. We have grown up reading Vikram betal stories but never imagined this creative twist in the tale.
Writing style is so descriptive that you end up imagining the each scene based on your own imagination and visualisation...
This more of an experiential book rather than a boring narrative... Although the end is predictable yet the climax matches up to infinity war scale in terms of visual des
Nabheet Madan
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Awesome end to the series. Waiting for the next series which you will start😀
Srikanth
Jan 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
A fitting end to a really good series. A good read
Nikhil Kasarpalkar
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A satisfying conclusion to the Vikrmaditya Veergatha. Full of reunions and battles. A through page turner and a deserving end of the Epic quadrilogy. Do not miss this one.
Vipin Kumar K
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Avsolute thriller and a page turner!!!

Shatrujeet has proved once more that he is a writer of great mettle and panache!!!! I loved the Vikramaditya series a lot but the nest was kept to the last!!!! Page turner that keeps you riveted throughout!!! Kudos and well done!!!
Abhishek
Jan 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Amazing ending to the series. The book was worth the wait and thoroughly enjoyed reading the same. The beauty is in closure of all the open ends left earlier in prior books to a logical ending. Kudos!
DURGA
veeresh
Jan 17, 2021
« previous 1 3 next »

• One Arranged Murder
  • Suheldev & the Battle of Bahraich (Indic Chronicles #1)
  • The Secret Of The Palamu Fort
  • The Whispering Dwapara : The Rise of Maharathis
  • Sauvastika: The Struggle of Shantiputra
  • The Sane Psychopath
  • Chaturanga (Baahubali: Before the Beginning Book 2)
  • The Mists of Brahma (The Pataala Prophecy, #2)
  • 3 and a Half Murders
  • The Murder of Sonia Raikkonen
  • Son of Bhrigu (The Pataala Prophecy, #1)
  • Piece of My Heart
  • The Curse of Brahma
  • Satyayoddha Kalki: Eye of Brahma (Kalki #2)
  • A Brutal Hand: There's No Escape (SHORTZ)
  • Insomnia: Keep Your Eyes Open (SHORTZ)
  • The Rose Witch (The Coven saga, #1)
  • The Cursed Witch (The Coven: Fae Magic, #1)
Shatrujeet Nath is the creator of the runaway national bestseller series Vikramaditya Veergatha, a four-book mytho-fantasy arc which comprises The Guardians of the Halahala, The Conspiracy at Meru, The Vengeance of Indra and The Wrath of the Hellfires. Described as “a new face to Indian mythology” by DNA, Shatrujeet writes for movies and web shows as well. He is also the author of The Karachi Dece ...more

Vikramaditya Veergatha (4 books)
  • The Guardians of the Halahala (Vikramaditya Veergatha, #1)
  • The Conspiracy at Meru (Vikramaditya Veergatha, #2)
  • The Vengeance of Indra (Vikramaditya Veergatha, #3)

News & Interviews