Start by marking “Not So Sincerely, Yours (For Him, #2)” as Want to Read:
Not So Sincerely, Yours (For Him, #2)

Not So Sincerely, Yours

(For Him #2)

Ethan,
About last night... I could blame the bourbon. I could say I let things get out of hand, that I should have never called you, but I'm done lying to myself—to you. I know what you're going to say. You're not very good at keeping your opinions to yourself, but this can't happen. It's inappropriate, at best. I'm your boss. Not to mention, you're clearly still hung up o
Published March 25th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Not So Sincerely, Yours, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not So Sincerely, Yours

Start your review of Not So Sincerely, Yours (For Him, #2)
Snjez
May 29, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm
This book was almost a five star read for me. Almost.

(view spoiler)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.5~

I fell for Anders and Ethan in the first book of this series. When I realized that book 2 was not just about one of them but the two of them TOGETHER, I legit screamed. And I'm happy to report that this story did not disappoint.

Not So Sincerely, Yours is every bit as romantic as the first book in this series. Most of the sexy scenes fade to black, but the feels are all there.

I don't recommend reading this book as a standalone. Anders and Ethan are introduced in Love Always, Wild, and Wild
Nazanin
Apr 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021, m-m
4 Stars

Told in dual POV, 1st person, it’s the second installment in the "For Him" series. Although it can be read as a standalone, I think if you read it in order it could be more enjoyable. Unlike book 1, this story isn’t that emotional. In fact, it has a bit of humor. I enjoyed the MCs' banter the most. Anders & Ethan have this need to rile each other up. Ethan is flippant in a way Anders envies and Anders tone is sarcastic with Ethan even when he’s sincere! They are the exact opposite of each
Meags
5 Stars

With a slight enemies-to-lovers vibe, this office romance was an all-too-easy win for me.

In truth, MCs Anders and Ethan made an early impact when they each played pivotal roles in book one, Love Always, Wild. As love interests brushed aside, and with each carrying fresh heartbreaks, these men meet at a time when neither is looking for something new, romance wise, each determined to rebuild their lives anew, putting themselves first, for once.

With good intentions and a fresh determination
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio - 4.5 Stars
Story 3.5 Stars

If not for the very slow start and the ridiculous amount of emails between the MCs, this would have been a solid 5 Stars. The second half of the book was by far better than the first half. When these guys finally become a couple, if was packed with feels.
Rosie (A.K.A. Work's bitch)
Mar 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
As always I don't start at the beginning of a series, I just go for the books that seem interesting to me and this one did. 🤭🤭❤

I really enjoyed the beginning of Not So Sincerely, Yours, it was fun, quirky and intriguing, the story went slow but that wasn't a problem for me and I enjoyed getting to know the characters. But I kept going and started to falter a little, you see, the relationship is built from emails with little face to face interactions, so that left me wanting

Also, this was describ
Loulou
FROM: Layla Ndn
TO: Author AM Johnson
DATE: March 10, 2021 4:48 PM
SUBJECT: Review

Amanda,
I was wondering what could be up your sleeve after Love Always, Wild. I said to myself: “That is a hard act to follow.” But being you, I was sure you’ll write a great book. I should inform you that I was not able to put this book down, even though I had work to do, and I do not in fact have a Sugar Daddy like Ethan. Thank you for writing this book, which is pretty darn perfect.
Word of the day: Impeccable -
Renae Reads
Mar 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
*** I received an eArc in exchange for an honest review.***

This was a fantastic slow-building frenemy to lovers story. I particularly enjoyed how the author developed each character individually first before their relationship so you can understand their hesitation at a potential relationship, while simultaneously understanding how undeniably perfect they are for each other. This was a romantic and beautiful love story that was earnestly developed and was a great continuation of the story develo
Papie
Jul 01, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don’t know how to rate this. I loved the book. Most of it. But then at 80%, I felt the story was pretty much over and I was done. But I really wanted to give it 4 ⭐️ but how can I give a book 4 stars and say DNF at 80%? See the dilemma? In hindsight, I should have done just that. 🤷‍♀️

This was much lighter than the first book. There is an enemies to lovers thing going on, but that didn’t work so well for me. Why would Anders hire Ethan if he hated him? Why would Ethan work for Anders if he hate
.Lili.

I loved Love Always, Wild by A.M. Johnson and have been eagerly awaiting Ethan and Anders's book. To the point that I've been stalking the author on social media for updates. At the same time, I was nervous. Sometimes when I get too excited, I'm afraid the book won't live up to my expectations. Well, not only did Not So Sincerely, Yours live up to them- it exceeded them!

I loved every page of this book.

Highlights:

The characters. Fuck me, but did I fall in love with Anders and Ethan. They just f
haletostilinski
This was my first read from this author, and I have to say that I am a fan. This one really worked for me.

And as someone who accidentally started reading this before the first in this series, I can say that I wasn't missing too much from the first by reading this one before it. It helps that this is a different couple than in the first one.

I really enjoyed this author's writing style, and the story, plot, characters and romance all worked well.

I loved both Ethan and Anders, they were fun toget
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Apr 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: male-action
Solid read by a new to me author!

Loved all of the e-mail and text exchanges!

Will definitely check out more from this author!
Agla
Jun 03, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku
This was ok but WAY too long IMO (440p). This can absolutely be read as a standalone, I did and was not lost. I really disliked Wilder so I'm happy that I didn't read book 1 and don't intend to. I would still recommend this one.

What I liked : I really liked that it was a slow burn that they opened up gradually and communicated very well throughout. The reasons the MCs did not like each others at first were valid. Both MCs grew on me and I ended up liking them individually and as a couple. I rea
Riley Hart
Mar 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I love her writing. her words are so pretty. Great banter. loved the email. I read with a smile on my face.
Renée
Apr 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
J was right. This was excellent. Very "real". ...more
NicoleR.M.M.
Don't let the cover of this book fool you: it's not YA nor NA. Amanda Johnson wrote a sexy, awesome book about adults who do adult things and I loved it tremendously.*
I wanted to keep on reading about Ethan and Anders, and at the same time I didn't want this book to end. I wanted to relish in it's beautiful writing and wonderful story.
I fell in love with the author's writing after I read the first book in this series, Love Always, Wild and after Let There Be Light. Her poetic writing is just be
Princess under cover
This one wasn't the "leftovers" from last book that I feared, but it wasn't as all encompassing as the last book either. Barely made me feel a twinge. Plus, not enough hot sex. :P

Writing is still good, but it's become kind of repetitive. I felt like parts dragged along.

I kinda wish someone like Ethan was Jax's first love, instead of Wild's ultra selfish self. But... to each their own.
Ky
Mar 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
* 5 stars *

When I read the blurb for this book I was intrigued and excited. It's the first time I'm reading something from A.M. Johnson but I'm already captivated with the way she writes.

Anders and Ethan had a bumpy start, more reluctant acquaintances than anything else. In my opinion, the sexual chemistry between them was off the charts right from the start, they just didn't want to acknowledge it.

Their emails and texts were funny and snarky at times but also painfully honest and real. Wheneve
ML
Slow burn that almost never happened

Anders and Ethan were both kind of immature brats. It took me a bit to warm to them. Do they both have tragic backstories? In a way, yes. Are they both run over by love gone wrong? Yes.
AND still I felt both were not as endearing as they could have been. Both sort of had unlikeable written all over them. So of course they are magnets pulled together. Their chemistry felt off though.

This book was unnecessarily long as well.
The slow burn was drawn out a bit to
Bex_Book_Revieux
Mar 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
10 steamy ⭐'s for A.M. Johnson's newest book, Not So Sincerely, Yours!!

"I will either find a way or make one.’”

I'm always fascinated by how she can take a character i never even really thought about (Ethan) and make me think of no one else for DAYS!! This book has all the things I love, Enemies to Lovers, a snobby man that needs to be taken down a peg, and a wildly snarky sense of banter between two beautiful, intelligent men!

Anders is amazing in this book, and although I might have spent a litt
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ALL THE STARS!!!
L Ann
The tone of this story was a lot lighter than that of book one. It wasn't bad but since there wasn't a lot of angst the story did tend to drag in a few places and by the 80% mark it was pretty much over. By that point Anders and Ethan were officially a couple and Ethan had just met Ander's parents. Everything beyond that point should have just been summarized in an epilogue.

Their banter and increasingly flirty emails to each other were fun to read and I loved watching them slowly fall in love.
Marley Valentine
Mar 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Not So Sincerely, Yours is a low angst, enemies-to-lovers story filled with all the romance a reader craves. A.M. Johnson builds and delivers Anders and Ethan's love story through perfectly timed snark and perfectly placed swoon. Blown away by the witty banter, and undeniable chemistry, Not So Sincerely, Yours is undoubtedly one of my favourite reads this year. ...more
Ele
Jun 16, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a little gem that was. I did feel that the story dragged a bit towards the end, what with all the emails and family drama, but I still liked it.
Em Jay
4.25 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Enemies to lovers done so damn well! I really could not put this down once I started. When I read the blurb for this, after reading Love Always, Wild, I was like “hmm how is this going to work??” Sooooo many books in series love to overlap in timelines (i.e. book 3 will be happening during the same time period as books 1 and 2), so I started to sweat a bit thinking of some details book 1 concluded on. Well much to my surprise book 2 picks after the epilogue of book 1, and that was t
Pam
Dec 22, 2021 marked it as zz-dnf-2021
DNF @ 36% but it's all me, not the book

There's just a lot of stuff happening that I don't enjoy reading about -- both MCs dealing with estranged families, one of which is estranged because they're homophobes but the MC is hoping to reconcile (maybe my least favorite storyline ever, even though it's a very, very minor one so far in this book); a lot of talk from the other (still single at this point) bisexual MC about how much he wants kids and all that conventional picket fence bullshit, which i
❧ *´¸. Gwendolyn ❧ A Purely Organic Book Owl‘•´¸.*

Cute!

This was a fun read. I loved the emailed and banter. Even thought this feel like a typical mm romance book… I find myself craving more from this writer💞
Megan
MM Romance
Boss/Employee Forced Proximity
2.5 Lackluster Stars ⭐️

Before I tear into this, let’s talk about the length. It says this book is over 400 pages but that’s not completely accurate. The main characters exchange a lot of emails and each has a header and subject line and that takes up a lot of space on page but thankfully, the story itself is probably only about 300 or so pages, maybe less.

As for this book, well, I was a tad underwhelmed especially compared to the first book in this seri
~✿ Tala✿~
Mar 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
3.5
I adored Love Always, Wild so I was super excited for this book. We first meet Anders and Ethan in the first book where they both experience unrequited feelings for Wilder and Jax respectively. I really liked that the author paired them together and they got to experience their own HEA. While the first book was VERY angsty (like had me consistently sobbing and hitting me right in my feels), I was surprised by how low-angst this book was.

Things I loved about this book:
- the banter between An
suz ~Always Reading~
Apr 09, 2021 rated it really liked it

I enjoyed this story and while I did not read the first book I think I would have liked this more if I had. The characters from the first book are in this one a lot.

I liked both Anders & Ethan and how their relationship grew. I enjoyed the beginning more than the later part of the book. While the emails back and forth were cute the nook felt drawn out. I started losing interest in the last 25% or so.

• Sink or Swim (RELIC #2)
  • Anything Goes
  • The Nerd Jock Conundrum (College Boys of New Haven #1)
  • Distorted (Alabaster Penitentiary, #1)
  • Adler's Hart (Brigs Ferry Bay, #2.5)
  • Kian's Focus (Brigs Ferry Bay, #2)
  • Jingle Bell Rock
  • Love Lettering
  • The Silver Fox (Red's Tavern, #3)
  • Love Practice (Good Bad Idea, #7)
  • Pretty Wild (Boys in Makeup #3)
  • Rebel (Outlawed #0.5)
  • Sheriff's Secret (Brigs Ferry Bay, #1)
  • Away Game (Willow Bay, #1)
  • Crossing Lines (Hollywood Hopefuls, #3)
  • Roommate Arrangement (Divorced Men's Club, #1)
  • Ranger
  • Shift of Morals (Kingdom of Wolves, #5)
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…
A.M. Johnson lives in Utah with her family where she works as a full-time nurse. If she’s not at the hockey rink with her kiddos, you’ll find her buried in a book or behind the keyboard. She loves romance and all things passionate. Amanda enjoys exploring all genres and bringing life to the human experience.

For Him (4 books)
  • Love Always, Wild (For Him, #1)
  • Dear Mr. Brody (For Him, #3)
  • Forever, Con Amor (For Him, #4)

News & Interviews

Judging by early reviews and general pop-culture impact, Emily St. John Mandel (Station Eleven) has hit a home run with her latest novel, Sea...
“His prose stinks of repurposed Salinger.” 0 likes