Start by marking “A Light from Below” as Want to Read:
A Light from Below

A Light from Below

The Lord of Viab’Xexos’ son, Helyan, has been plagued with terrifying dreams of a monster invasion, which no one—not even his father—believe to be credible. When these dreams prove true, it falls to three of the lord’s former colleagues—a trio of mercenaries known as the Stormane—to keep the nation safe.

In short order, the Stormane discover there is far more at work than
Published October 22nd 2020

To ask other readers questions about A Light from Below, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Light from Below

Start your review of A Light from Below
Eric McKenzie
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A well-crafted fantasy in a well-developed world! This book is very well written and a joy to read. The characters and their pasts are revealed in such a way that you feel like you know them. This is a fun read with a healthy balance between action and character development. Pick up a copy, you won't be disappointed. ...more
Kira Bychok
Nov 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is well written with a unique storyline. I'm an avid reader and it's somewhat difficult for me to find books that grab my attention and keep it throughout. Chadham creates a world with fresh ideas and a fun plot. This book could be read and enjoyed by anyone ranging from a preteen to an elder.
The character development is one of the best features of this book. The characters grow as the story goes on and they are very relatable. There are characters who are evil, characters who are fla
K. Pimpinella
Nov 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An excellent read! Fast paced, full of interesting characters that are genuine and flawed. Hard to put down. A few difficulties pronouncing some of the character's names, but I think that comes with reading fantasy novels- everything is unique. Without giving away spoilers, an evil force is introduced right at the beginning and throughout the novel I wasn't disappointed by the way the author evolved the mystery of what truly was coming. And I even laughed a few times along the way. I found the c ...more
Peter Lawton
Dec 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun and easy read. You will enjoy this book even if you're not a fantasy fan. The good natured writing style of Thomas makes even dark moments in the book part of the fun. Action and humour are in ample supply and the pace makes it hard to put down. ...more
Kimberly Smith
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novel held my attention from the first page. It’s well thought out and entertaining and the powerful ending is only the beginning!!! Well worth the read!
Lauren Izatt
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a fun, and adventurous story; the characters were easy to get to know and the story was thrilling! It is light hearted but at the same time has some deep realizations. Draz has got to be one of the most interestingly twisted characters I’ve ever met, so much dark humour.

Overall was a great book to read... I can’t wait for the next in the series!!
Christopher James
A Light from Below was an exciting read with relatable characters and a constantly evolving plot. I look forward to reading more!
Niket Setia
Dec 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thomas lives with his wife, Lauren, in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Ever since he was a child, he has been a fan of fantasy fiction. Thomas fell in love with the world that developed around him, starting with a few characters. With time, he discovered the storey hidden there, his first novel and the first instalment of the Draz'Khasha Chronicles in this volume.

✨Without offering any spoilers, I was not disappointed by the way an evil force was introduced right at the beginning and throughout the bo
Leo
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Light From Below far surpassed my expectations by a fresh new author prepared to put his stamp on the literary world.
I was quickly drawn into the plot, eager to get to know the characters and their stories and share in their struggle.
Once I began I could hardly put it down.
If you are a fan of the genre, don't sleep on this one!
Chris Izatt
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed A Light from Below I thought it was very well written and easy to follow! Can’t wait to see where the next book in this series takes us. I developed an interest in the characters early on and the connection only got stronger as the story developed. I’m not normally a Fantasy reader but this book has me converted. Anxiously awaiting for more from this new author.
Chad Izatt
Nov 29, 2020
Elisabeth Gail
Feb 22, 2021
Chadham Thomas
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Danielle Brunke
Dianne Izatt
is currently reading it
Nov 02, 2020
Chadham Thomas
Nov 30, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Nuno Oliveira
marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2020
Ken
marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2021

• The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
  • No More....Lurking Thoughts: Insights into Self-improvement and Personal Growth
  • Daredevil Dreams
  • It
  • Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap... and Others Don't
  • The 4-Hour Workweek
  • GypsySoul: Simple and short poems
  • The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1)
  • Under the Dome
  • Cell
  • 'Salem's Lot
  • The Stand
  • Age of Myth (The Legends of the First Empire, #1)
  • An Unquenchable Excess of Love
Chadham Thomas has been a fan of fantasy fiction ever since he was a child, devouring the works of authors like Christopher Paolini, J. K. Rowling, J. R. R. Tolkien, Brandon Sanderson, and George R. R. Martin while also subsisting on a steady diet of Dungeons & Dragons.

Starting with a couple of characters, Thomas fell in love with the world that grew up around them. With time, he discovered the st

News & Interviews