Start by marking “Wicked Wolves and Tangled Truths (Blood and Magic: Hellbound, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wicked Wolves and Tangled Truths (Blood and Magic: Hellbound, #1)

Wicked Wolves and Tangled Truths

(Blood and Magic: Hellbound #1)

Librarian's Note: An alternate cover for this ASIN can be found here.

He’s an Alpha heir.
I’m a lone wolf.
He hates me.
I really don’t care.

Rafe thinks he’s untouchable. The self-appointed King of Hellbound High.
But I’ve already lost everything and everyone I care about. It’s me he should be afraid of. Not the other way around.

Because if I’ve learned anything this past year, i
Published October 5th 2020 by Coffee and Characters LLC

To ask other readers questions about Wicked Wolves and Tangled Truths, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked Wolves and Tangled Truths

Start your review of Wicked Wolves and Tangled Truths (Blood and Magic: Hellbound, #1)
Kat Valentine
Nov 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read! I love this book and enjoyed not only the storyline but the characters as well. I didn't realize that it was a high school paranormal romance when I got it but I will have to say that it had passion and great steamy scenes and didn't come across as a juvenile read. Rafael is the son of the alpha and southwest leader of his pack. He sexy,charming and a bit of a ass who is used to women fighting over him and he is next in line to become alpha so he basically runs the school along wit ...more
Kirsty Hendry
Thank you Netgalley for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

After the death of her mother, Isabella has no option but to leave her pack and live with her father. She is to start at the local school, Hellbound High soon after she moves in.

Isabella quickly catches the attention of the son of the local Alpha and finds herself in a confusing, hot/cold relationship with him.

As Isabella is not a member of a pack anymore, she is a lone wolf and therefore fair game. Ev
Somia
3.5 Stars

After the death of her mother, Isabella (Isa) is forced to leave her Pack and live with her human father who distains shifters. Starting at the local high school - Hellbound High she finds herself the focus of a wolf (Raphael) who is more than a little bit of an ass to her. I really wish Isa didn't give into Raphael as easily as she sometimes did. How Raphael tries to use the she-witch Sabrina after what she did to Isa was a dick move and so immature.

The heat between the MCs is good.

Th
Rajiv
Nov 04, 2020 rated it really liked it

[Blog]::[Youtube]::[Twitter]::[Instagram]::[Pinterest]::[Bloglovin]

Wicked Wolves and Tangled Truths is a spicy tale of witches, vampires, and shifters and very entertaining.

Initially, it took me a while to get the hang of the world-building. I had no idea about packs, wolves, witches, or who was what. But, once I got the hang of the story, I enjoyed it! Moreover, Hellbound High fascinated me with its syllabus for paranormal creatures. This book has vampires, witches, shifters, where something al
Celeste
Oct 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
WOW!!! This was by far top reads of 2020..... absolutely freakin fantastic. I didn’t have expectations but I was blown away. The characters, the detail, the settings, was absolutely addicting I could not put this down. There was so much going on but written so well there was no confusion or moments missed. There are a few tying up loose ends questions I have but in no way takes away from my absolute obsession with this book. I want more, like a couple hundred more pages....
Rosie Park
Oct 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love It!

I absolutely love this story! It was a could not put down, let me go back and reread parts kind of story. This is definitely a story you don’t want to miss.
B. Woods
Oct 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As someone who normally doesn't read urban fantasy, I didn't know how I would like Wicked Wolves and Tangled Truth Boy did it blow my expectations out of the water. The book is action-packed and super steamy. I can't wait for book 2! ...more
Rachel The reader
Emotional rollercoaster

A beautifully written young adult romance. It showcased the angst and volatility associated with teenagers coming into adulthood and was so emotional in places, I have a pile of damp tissues beside me.
I couldn’t put this book down and will certainly read more by this author.
Noxwitchbooklife
This is some of the best writing by Danielle Annett so far in my opinion.

It was very emotional and the descriptions really pulled you in and made you feel everything right along with the characters.

Although it was a book about teenagers it had a great depth to it along with some great urban fantasy elements and some very much in front of the curtain romance elements which was a bit of a surprise.

It's the beginning of a series but doesn't end on a cliffhanger so can be read as a standalone if yo
Rebecca
Sep 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must Read

This book totally had me in my feelings. Her ex and her “ best friend” are useless jerks . Rafe seriously was a total jerk and so are his best friends but they’re proven themselves. I want to know what the Tiger gotten himself into. I can’t wait for more.
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Isabella or Isa as she likes to be called had a great life well except for a cheating boyfriend or I should say ex-boyfriend in another town with a pack until her mother died and she was pulled from her life to live with her dad who is human.

Now she is having to go to school at a new school, Hellbound High, that she never wanted to attend in the first place. She now has a dad that she doesn't know and is never around.

Upon her arrival at Hellbound High Isabella runs into the local packs Alpha’s
Bookgyrl
This was not my cup of tea. I have read this author before and like her writing, bit this was too YA for me with the whole high school mean girls and the aloof boys. If you like that, mixed with shifters, you are all set. I also recommend her Blood and Magic-series (6 books) that is a bit more NA.

I received an ARC via Netgalley and this is my honest review.
Kathy Zuercher Diveley
Isa and Rafe

Isa's Mom dies and she is sent to her human father, who she didn't even know about. Isa is a wolf shifter and used to belonging to a pack. At least in her new school there are shifters, but also vampires, witches and other paranormals. She meets the son of the local wolf pack, and she is attracted to Rafe. Great read !!!
Sasha
Sep 26, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Why?

It started out so well. The heroine refuses to be triggered and she stood up to bullies. Then, without warning, it went bad.I will never be ok with spoiler******

a guy sleeping with the heroine and going out of his way to brag about it to everyone. Then he purposely left the girl without her finishing (which he also had no problem with) while he got his. She pointed it out then instantly forgave it and made a joke!!!! No apology needed, just more alpha postering. I had to stop reading. I hate
Shannon Heck
Oct 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
YA?

This is an enjoyable read as long as you can deal with some high drama and immaturity. I couldn't decide if this book was supposed to be YA or not. It's about high schoolers, but its pretty mature with a lot of swearing and detailed sex scenes.
Courtney Delgado
Sep 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aptly Named Teenage Shifter Romance

Aptly named, Wicked Wolves and Tangled Truths follows teen wolf-shifter, Isabella. Following a personal tragedy, Isa finds herself leaving her pack to live with her "bio-dad". Human, influential, and anti-paranormal, her father has made arrangements to make Isa a lone wolf, ignored by the local packs. To her father's chagrin, Isa remains proud of her wolf and insists on attending Hellbound High, one of the few schools designed to encourage cooperation between d
Carrie
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
Wow - what a wild and crazy ride this book took me on! I'm not sure what I expected, but I was definitely surprised.

Isa lost her mom, has been forcibly relocated to her "bio dad"s house, and now has to play at being normal in a high school that is anything but. Aside from her homelife drama (with her dad's assistant being a highlight), Isa is also subjected to paranormal high school drama when she unfortunately meets Rafe in the office. Rafe is the son of the alpha for a pack that Isa is not a m
Nikki
Oct 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgally
Wicked Wolves and Tangled Truths (Blood and Magic: Hellbound 1) by Danielle Annett
ARC provided by Victory Editing NetGalley Co-op
Genre: General Fiction (Adult) | Romance | Sci Fi & Fantasy
Release Date: October 5, 2020

Wicked Wolves and Tangled Truths is the first book in the Blood and Magic: Hellbound series by Danielle Annett. The second book, Savage Wolves and Dangerous Deal is expected to be released in April 2021. This was the first book I've read by the author and I really enjoyed it.

This
Charlotte Hope Leslie
Wicked Wolves is a Tame Title for this book.

This book is captivating. I started reading and could not stop. Isa is jerked from her Pack by her human father after her mother gets killed. He even needs proof before he believes it.
It is hard to make friends as a senior in high school. Isa is trying to make it thru until she graduates to go back to her Pack. She is going to a high school that has every different species going to it. Just her luck, she gets noticed by the popular boy that is spoiled
Ashley Reyes
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-arcs
I received a free copy from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

So, I’m not sure where this is going but it’s not a bad start. It felt like complete romance arc, but I’m unsure about the future, with regards to what’s next for the pack and school. Is there going to be another book for her, or are we going to see the others pair off while at school? I only had one complaint- I think a trigger warning might have been needed, or at least a warning. There may be one in the final, but this on
Book Him Danno
I honestly can't figure out if this story because while it has a good message hidden in the story about bullying it gets lost in the story. The final scene or moment that is suppose to have readers excited for doesn't really happen. It was disappointing and lack any conviction for readers to believe in the female lead character.

Wicked Wolves and Tangled Truths is what kept this reader from reading more Paranormal Romantic suspense stories because it lacks a focus and a ending that will hook rea
Sharley
Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I had high hopes for the book based on the author but this was probably a bit too teen / YA for my tastes. Very high school mean girls but with vamps, werewolves and witches.
Rafe as a lead male character held no appeal for me and was too arrogant in an unattractive way not to mention his total lack of respect for anyone female.
Characters overall, with the exception of Isa were a little two dimensional and all just supporting cast. Is a was a likeable character and was a well thought out and writ
TheresaK
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Trauma and Terror

Isabella is really getting the raw end of the stick in this story. She is pretty tough to live thru and overcome these traumatic incidents at her age that happened one right after the other in too short a space of time. I have had my share of trauma and terror and really connected with her and wanted to comfort her like I learned to forgive and comfort my inner child. She just has an inner wolf though.
Courtney (ANerdyBookBirdy)
Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
I was sent an ARC via Netgalley, this does not effect my review and opinions.

I actually really enjoyed this book, I loved the writing style and the dual POV and loved the characters that were introduced!

I do wish the ending was a little more conclusive and I was slightly disappointed with the main “altercation” as it wasn’t particularly significant or dramatic for a fantasy book

Otherwise very much enjoyed the romance aspect and will be reading this authors future works

Full written blog review
Elizabeth Wells
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great book, can't wait for more

I struggle at writing reviews, it's hard to put into words what to exactly say. The FMC Isa in this book is really is to get behind. This book had me in tears at times and holding my breath as the scenes unfolded. I would recommend to anyone looking for a kickass female, who isn't afraid to tell the boys in her life where to stick it at times.
Heather N
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Shifter Bully Read

So this book did have some negative reviews but I decided to read anyway and I'm glad I did! This book pulled me and had me invested in the story line and the world.I did feel that the ending came to a close really fast and the writer should have expanded on the world a bit, it left me wanting more. Im excited for the second book.
Beth Johnson
Oct 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book, loved the romance element of it but also the struggles that Isa went through as it wasn’t the typical events that usually happen. It gives more insight into the difficulties that can happen. Definitely interested in reading more from this series in the future.
Frances Satterfield
I want to start off saying, Wow. I was not expecting to get pulled in so fast. I love this new world, it interests me. This is engaging read that I recommend and I will be reading book2 to see what happens next. Happy Reading
meagan
Nov 13, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Is this the same author or what??

This book is a rip off of another book by Daniela Romero, like copy paste change a few names rip off. Now I don't know for sure that this isn't the same author under a different name but it doesn't seem like it. It makes me so angry that I read this book first because I actually liked it. Even if for some reason it is the same author copy and paste and change names is not how you write books.... I would give no stars now and would not recommend..
Karina Sanchez
Nov 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved loved loved this book

This book was amazing from start ti finish. I loved the characters, especially Rafe and Isa. Their chemistry was explosive. I loved how Isa is a strong badass and Rafe an alpha male.

• Shadow Mate (Wolf Moon Academy, #1)
  • Wolves' Queen (The Royal Heir, #1)
  • Running from the Wolves (Wolfsbane, #1)
  • Wolf Girl (Wolf Girl, #1)
  • Blood Legacy (Wolf Moon Academy Book 2)
  • This Dark Wolf (Soul Bitten Shifter, #1)
  • Running beside the Alpha (Wolfsbane, #2)
  • Wolf Unleashed (The Royal Heir, #2)
  • Sanctum (Blackwater Pack, #1)
  • Rejected (Shadow Beast Shifters, #1)
  • Reclaimed (Shadow Beast Shifters, #2)
  • Shifter Wars (Werewolf Dens #1)
  • Midnight Lies (Shifter Island, #2)
  • Bloodshed Academy: Year One (Bloodshed Academy, #1)
  • Awakening: Book One (Awakening, #1)
  • Moon Claimed (Werewolf Dens, #2)
  • Bloodshed Academy: Year Two (Bloodshed Academy, #2)
  • Wolf's Claim (The Royal Heir, #3)
I'm just a girl with an obsession for Marvel movies, a love of all things Urban Fantasy, and a cheerleader for the underdog in any given story.

If you're looking for a heroine you can root for ... someone who defies the odds and gets up every time they're knocked down ... then look no further because that's what you'll find in my books.

I hope you'll join me in Aria Naveed's adventures. She's pretty