Start by marking “The Fox Demon's Kiss” as Want to Read:
The Fox Demon's Kiss

The Fox Demon's Kiss

Often times, the best way to move on is to move forward. At least that’s what Dana Jones thinks when she and her younger sister Nikki fly to Kyoto, Japan to fulfill their late mother’s wish. But as a young black college student in a new land, Dana’s skills are put to the test—and no amount of work can prepare her for what comes next. On the day of their arrival, a mysterio ...more
Paperback, First Edition, 327 pages
Published October 24th 2020 by Tethys Night Sky Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Fox Demon's Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fox Demon's Kiss

Start your review of The Fox Demon's Kiss
Shiree McCarver
Nov 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blasian
When I started this book I thought this is going to be a long read. I started reading and became so engaged in the characters and immersed in the backdrop of Japan before I knew it I was at the end of the book. Regrettably. I think if I could want for anything out of this pleasant read it would be more of the dating side of the relationship between Dana and Sorahiko. So much of their time together was overshadowed with angst and intrigue from outside forces. There was some open-ended questions w ...more
Daijah Raven
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I typically do not read this particular genre but I absolutely enjoyed this story. The author did a great job being descriptive and I feel the story was well written. For the life of me I could not find myself to like Dana who is the main character. To be in a foreign country engulfed in a completely different culture, she seemed very arrogant and like a know it all. I kept trying to give her the benefit of the doubt due to her young age.
This story really opened my perspective on reading fictio
Kayla C
Nov 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Thank you to Keri Moore and Tethys Night Sky Publishing for giving me a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!

I’ll be honest - this is not the type of story I will typically read, so it was kind of hard for me to get into. I had a lot of trouble adjusting to Dana’s character. She goes through a lot, but as someone with a more quiet personality myself, I found a lot of her louder reactions and choices to be strange or almost rude. Especially considering she’s a guest in a place
srgunn
Feb 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Fix Demon's Kiss

This was a great read. This was the first BWAM\Demon book that I have read that told more about the mythos part of why Japanese demons do what they do. Can't wait for a follow up book about her sister.
Lisa
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a must read!!!! It was so good I was afraid to finish it, the plot was amazing and well written, looking forward to reading more books from this author....
Tracey Robinson
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I stumbled across Keri Moore while she was promoting her upcoming urban fantasy release on IG back in September 2020. I began following her and expressed interest in reading her book upon its release. Guess what happened, she released the book!!!! Let me tell y'all I got my fantasy fix with this debut novel!!! The Fox Demon's Kiss is absolutely captivating from beginning to end. This book is not attached to any book club reading list; however, she is a perfect candidate for #FeatThaUnknown!

Brief
Lisa
Dec 10, 2020 rated it liked it
I truly wanted to love this story. It has everything, a touch of fantasy, a visit to one of my favorite places in the world (Japan), culture, a BIPOC protagonist, romance, beautiful vistas, a touch of magic. The story is intriguing, but I struggled with the execution, as I felt slowed down and disconnected by the details of every moment and every thought. This lead to me not connecting with the characters as much as I would like, because I was in their heads rather than their hearts.

I believe Ke
Maria
I wanted to like it.

I so wanted to like it. It has a good premise but it just doesn't come together. The biggest issue is the lack of background information on the yokai. The next issue, Dana is hard to like. She spends a great deal of energy going over the same ground. It wasn't bad but it could've been so much better.
Toughnurse
L A
Sika Grigg
Feb 18, 2021
Keri Moore
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Samantha
rated it did not like it
Ariana

• Kiss Me Red
  • An Unfinished Story
  • Thinking in New Boxes: A New Paradigm for Business Creativity
  • The Other Family
  • The Almost Good Witch (Malibu Magic #1)
  • The Secret, Book & Scone Society (Secret, Book, & Scone Society, #1)
  • The Whispered Word (Secret, Book, & Scone Society, #2)
  • The Book of Candlelight (Secret, Book, & Scone Society, #3)
  • The Plus One Pact
  • Sleigh Spells (Winter Witches of Holiday Haven, #1)
  • Reindeer Runes (Winter Witches of Holiday Haven, #2)
  • Holiday Hexes (Winter Witches of Holiday Haven #3)
  • Cocoa Curses (Winter Witches of Holiday Haven #5)
  • Winter Wishes  (Winter Witches of Holiday Haven, #4)
  • One Small Step Can Change Your Life: The Kaizen Way