Start by marking “Torment: Part One (The Bleeding Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Torment: Part One (The Bleeding Hearts, #1)

Torment: Part One

(The Bleeding Hearts #1)

Torment Part One is a dark, taboo, age gap, MC, contemporary romance.

How did I get here?
Broken, bruised, and mentally shattered.

For most of my life, my older stepbrother, Shay, was my hero, my rock, and my best friend. The one I knew I could always rely on.

For many years, I accepted everyone and everything around me. But as I grew up, the veil was lifted, and I slowly came
Published January 18th 2021

Start your review of Torment: Part One (The Bleeding Hearts, #1)
Drethi Anis
Birjis
Torment was my anticipated, expected psychological read adding taboo-ness which had me so much invested in the story. It's a step-brother and step-sister madness. A step-brother who pushes all boundaries unexpected and 100% obesessed and possessive of his step-sister.

Mina Westberg and Shay O’Hare were only 7-years and 13-years when they thought they found the missing pieces of their life. They simply fit and fill the empty spaces. A strong bond which exceeded protection and more interfering of
 ⚔Iru⛓nía⚔
*changing my rating to 5*s it deserves*
This book comes with a warning... and fairly so.
If a 23-year-old guy who spanks and then smoothly proceeds to bring his 16 year old stepsister, who he has known and cared for since she was a 7 year old kid, to orgasm doesn't sound a little disturbing, then I don't know what does.

The corners of his mouth curled up in that rare, beautiful, familiar smile I liked so much, only this time, it felt a little ominous. “Last night... you understand why I did that
The Romantic Rush Blog
What a spectacular and original debut! Torment is unexpected, emotionally intense, psychologically riveting, and captivatingly dark. With every passing I was more intrigued, more emotionally invested, thoroughly consumed. This is not like any MC story you’ve read, and I could not put it down.

I don’t want to say much about this plot, other than you should check your expectations at the door. This story made me twitchy. Mina’s story is more than complicated- a young woman who came of age surround
Valentina
Heart-wrenching emotion

A very moving story with a depth of feeling, it recounts the coming of age of Mina, altruistic, mature, and light-hearted, within the MC lifestyle and her dysfunctional family. Her main relations include broody older stepbrother Shay, riding name “Manic”; his enemy, her friend Kennan; her mother and stepfather Jake.

Torment Part One teaser

The plot line covers Mina's formative years from age 7 to 17 in episodes of present and past culminating into an explosive cliffhanger tying the two p
Cheria
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars - rounding up because this book was un-put-down-able, completely sucked me in, and my head is spinning cause WTF did I just read... And left feeling all out of sorts. Incredible debut novel.

Heed the trigger warnings, particularly domestic abuse.

This is not your typical dark MC romance story.... And the romance is slow burn, age gap, forbidden.

The story is told from 1st person POV of Mina. It does flip time periods between present day and Mina from age 7 to catching up to the start of
Ashleigh
Jan 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I’m not even sure where I’m going to go with this review. This books has blown me away. Dylan Page is .. I think I’m in love with her. Okay so - the book, I’ll start there.

Our main character is Mina and the book flashes between her growing up from the age of about 6, We get chapters of her as a young teen all the way through to the present - age 16/17 where the story really starts to get twisted and you’re left with a whole lot of W.T.A.F
As with every great storyline the build up in this has
Jade Adams
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Major Sons of Anarchy feels!
I loved the whole back and forth between present tense and past tense. The first chapter had me hooked and I needed to know what happened to Mina. After Minas dad died back when she was just 7 years old, her mum meets James, a loving man who has a 13 year old son and is apart of a club who welcome Mina and he mum with open arms. Shay and Mina have an amazing connection straight away and Shay acts completely different with Mina than he has with anybody.
Mina is a sweet
Richelle Zirkle
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This one was admittedly tough for me to rate, and when I waffle, I round up! ;-) So here’s the thing... I LOVE MC romance, and I love dark romance. A lot of the time, there’s an antihero. This is a book where you may be understandably confused. I finished and I’m STILL confused (hence the rating issue). I have theories, but they are still just that. Who’s good? Who’s bad? Who orchestrated the attack that opens and subsequently closes the book? Still so many unanswered questions. I think I have m ...more
Vellini
Feb 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this book other than it's the best MC romance I've read so far. It's in the same level as Undeniable (Even better IMO), and I think it's this author's first book... waw, just waw! I can't wait for the second installement, and for all what this author will write in the future. ...more
 Mary ❤️ DBO
Torment: Part One (The Bleeding Hearts #1) by Dylan Page

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

5 MINDBLOWING STARS

I want to start this by saying that this review will not make justice to this masterpiece.
To say that my mind, heart, soul, and emotions were blown away after I finished this book, is an understanding. Dylan Page is a new to me author and I was hooked from the first page.
I am completely STUNNED.

Mina was a little girl when her father died. She still remembers how happy they were. After her father died, her mom wor
Nicole
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I am in complete awe of this book. Blew me away. So, no spoilers, but I think more description is required. This is a slow burn, dark romance that involves the protection from a stepbrother, but there might be some age gap/underage attentions that readers might need to be aware off. The FMC is of age of consent prior to any advances, but be aware that the attention starts prior.

I’m amazed at the plot, the character development, the strategy of bringing things to light. Normally, I can see prett
Kerri❤
Jan 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Torment. Danger. Truama. Lies.

HOLY HECKING HELL.. this is a MC story like no other! Torment does exactly that with dark twists and turns at every corner. The emotional rollercoaster is like no other and at times had my heart breaking. This is a jaw dropping and beautifully written story with one HELL of darkness that laces the book and builds throughout. IT WILL leave you gapsing for breath and speechless.

Mina's journey is told from her POV in present day and her past and is crucial to the sto
SheWhoReads - Mel
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-21
I read this over the course of today and holy moly did it throw my emotions all over the place.

There’s so much packed into the pages of Torment with it going back and forth between past and present Mina but it doesn’t drag at all.

It’s an MC age gap romance but it doesn’t so much focus on the MC aspect, the club is more secondary to what Mina the FMC goes through from when she meets James and Shay when she’s seven until the present time just after her 17th birthday.

I don’t like giving spoilers i
Violeta
Feb 02, 2021 rated it liked it
I need more Mina & Keenan content please.
Lex
Dec 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
*This is definitely a darker read (not pitch black) so heed the trigger warnings, y’all*

Ever read anything so intense that it sticks with you for days and days and days and never lets up? You end up having a 101 theories just spinning around in your head? I finished this book probably a week or so ago and I still do know how to put how I feel into words. This book, man. This. Book.

I am left with all the questions. Like, what? Where? How?! WHO????! That cliffhanger. It’s fine, we’re all fine peo
Stephannie Tolitsky- Swoonworthybooks/EnticingJourney
Stephannie 5 Star Review:
I had no idea what to expect what I started reading this book. I was shocked by what I was reading and I loved it. This is unexpected, emotionally intense, psychologically riveting, and captivatingly dark.  The more I read the more I was interested in this story. It is not the typical MC story, I don't know who are the good guys and who are the bad guys.
Mina’s story is more than meets the eye. She is a young girl who brings light to the men in her life. This environment
Amanda McCalip
Jan 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a freaking debut! Dylan Page you have left me absolutely speechless. This book was one I couldn’t put down and if you think you have any sort of clue where it will lead, you’re wrong.

I am truly blown away, left with so many questions and needing those answers as soon as possible. Mina is a light in a world of darkness and boy does she need to keep that light in here. The darkness at work comes in the form of those closest to her. She has been growing up in a world she doesn’t belong i
Mandy’s Book Reviews
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Torment is a emotionally intense captivatingly dark slow burn romance unlike no other that I’ve read ! I usually don’t like the more slow burn romances but this story gripped me right from the start and didn’t let go holy shit the angst the emotions this story pulls from you it completely consumed me I was thinking of it still days after reading it . This is one of the things I love about reading a new to me author is you never know what your in for and this story surprised the hell out of me . ...more
Bidhu
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It's freaking good.
I have never heard of this author before and its my first book from her.
And honestly I gonna insta stalk her now😂
I really really love this book
I can't wait for part two
I really have some theory have what happened to the girl and her mother on that night.

Hopefully I'm right😁
Frankie Page
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Just OMG is all I can say. I have been anxiously and impatiently waiting to read this debut novel by Dylan Page and it did not disappoint. The complexity of the story is amazing and each chapter keeps you on the edge of your seat, desperately wanting to know what comes next. I loved how well Dylan showed the history of Mina growing up and how those events were reflecting in her present. My only complaint is I want book 2 now! I have so many questions and theories that will plague my mind until I ...more
Behind Books
Jan 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
⭐️4 Bleeding stars⭐️

**𝙒𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜: 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙞𝙨 𝙢𝙚𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙨, 18+.
𝙏𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙜𝙚𝙧𝙨 : 𝙙𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙘 𝙖𝙗𝙪𝙨𝙚, 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙛𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙮, 𝙜𝙖𝙣𝙜 𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚, 𝙋𝙏𝙎𝘿, 𝙙𝙚𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣, 𝙖𝙣𝙭𝙞𝙚𝙩𝙮 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙨, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙚𝙭𝙪𝙖𝙡 𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙖𝙪𝙡𝙩.

Once I started I couldn't stop until I reached the end ...

At first, I couldn't help but feel like #TeamShay but then Keenan enters and started to change my mind (I must admit I still had hope for Shay) I can say that I am 100% #TeamKeenan ...
But of course, there are plot twists and we don't know what Dylan has plan
KL
Jan 13, 2021 rated it liked it
I went into this book blind and overall, I really enjoyed the storyline. And for a debut this was a pretty good read.
I liked characters, especially Shay, and I think author did a good job with characters depth and development.

What I struggled with were time jumps. I guess it’s just my personal preference, but there were too many of them. Every couple of pages storyline would switch from present to past and vice versa. It made the story feel disjointed for me. It was messing up the flow and I bec
Michelle (Your Favorite Book Bag)
“Just... seeing you standing there in this light... with your sad, little smile...” He lets out a sharp, shuddering exhale. “You are breathtaking.” I stare up at him as he reaches up and lightly cups my cheek, his touch burning my skin. “I’d just like to see your real smile... not the forced ones you give me when you hide behind the so-called good things in your life... not the sad ones you make when you get lost in thought as you relive moments of your past that haunt you... your real smile.”

Mi
Beth Smith
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The fact that this is a debut is absolutely crazy! This book was outstanding right from the get go and I honestly loved it.

Please read the trigger warnings before you start this book!

The book is based around Mina and her life growing up from the age of 6. Although the plot is gut wrenching and hard to read, it is a seriously phenomenal book and I adored every minute of reading it.

I'm still unsure if I'm on team Shay or Keenan, but I feel like I'm leaning more towards Shay!

I really do not want t
Sam - s.rae.reads
"You’re a little ray of light, Mina. A ray of light in all of our dark, shitty lives...”

I am absolutely blown away by this book!!! I cannot believe it was a debut novel because holy crap that was fantastic in every single way. I literally do not have a single bad thing to say about Torment.

Ok, so this book is one of those stories you need to just dive into blind. To give a brief synopsis, Torment is about a girl named Mina who's mother becomes involved with a biker in an MC. This story chronicle
Pisces
Jan 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Don't tell me Shay is behind that incident. Let it be key.. or any stupid prick. Not SHAY

Age gap✔️ Incest✔️ Love triangle ✔️
Obsession✔️ Drama✔️✔️✔️

“Take me back to the night we met…”

Ciao
Violet
Wow. It's been a while since I've felt so unsettled over a book or how to rate/review a book.
First I will say for a debut novel, this is an amazing piece of work. It did not read like someone releasing their first book. The author has a good grasp of her characters, the type of story she wants to portray, and the MC lifestyle. The story was well developed and her execution was pretty spot on.
The angst and conflict laced throughout this story made for a very heavy read. This is not a "feel-good
Heather
Jan 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Emotionally captivating

Torment is nothing like what I expected. I was thrown through a frenzy of thoughts and feelings right from the start. It is a dark and intense story that deals with a lot of issues, but the one that stands out to me is the psychological abuse. The story is emotionally draining but it entices you from the very beginning.

The story is told through Mina’s POV, going back and forth from past to present. It starts with her at 7 years to 17 in present time. I wasn’t too thrille
Evelyn Jane Thorne
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Torment: part one is the first book in The Bloody Hearts Series by Dylan Page. It is narrated through the eyes of Mina Westberg and it follows her journey not only in the present but also in the past. This is a dark MC romance that is meant for mature readers who are 18+. This book has triggers and sensitive material such as: domestic abuse, profanity, gang violence, PTSD, depression, anxiety disorders, and sexual assault.

This book was absolutely amazing and it had me hooked from the very first
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• These Reckless Hearts (Saint Clary's University #3)
  • Dynasty (Boys of Winter #1)
  • Ricochet (The Rapture, #1)
  • Rush (The Brotherhood #2)
  • Scartissue
  • Quarantined (Quarantine #1)
  • Isolation (Quarantine #2)
  • This Fearless Girl (Saint Clary's University #2)
  • Still Beating
  • Thorns and Forgiveness (Twisted Legacy Duet, #2)
  • Endure the Pain (Maura Quinn #2)
  • The Better Bully
  • Hate Me
  • Lords of Pain (The Royals of Forsyth University #1)
  • No Good Deed (Bad Habits Duology, #1)
  • Immoral Confessions
  • This Love Hurts
  • Stone Cold Queen (Sick Boys, #2)
When Dylan was younger, she always had an aspiration to tell stories. But before she even knew how to write, she would draw them out. Her mother always encouraged her, and bought her piles of blank notebooks for her to draw out the stories she imagined in her head. Her dad encouraged her to use her words instead. Over the years, he pushed her into writing clubs and bought her notebooks so she coul ...more