Start by marking “Paper Hearts” as Want to Read:
Paper Hearts

Paper Hearts

Asher Owens.
Gorgeous. Arrogant. Liar.

It’s been ten years since Asher left me with nothing but the remains of our shattered dreams.

The last place I expected to see him was at a small bar in a city of over eight million.

With my heart set on expanding my business, I needed one of New York City’s best real estate executives. Little did I know it would be the same man who
Published March 18th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Paper Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paper Hearts

Start your review of Paper Hearts
Claire Annovazzi
Mar 16, 2021 rated it liked it
I wasn’t totally convinced, but I liked it nonetheless.

My main problem was with some petty reactions from the characters. I loved Charleigh and Asher, they were interesting, but sometimes they acted like teenagers, not 30 year olds. On one hand, that brought some tension that moved the story, but on the other hand, that was mostly some unnecessary back and forths–one step forward, two steps back.

I enjoyed the writing style. The author’s words created a mood, an atmosphere, that I liked very much
Cheryl O'Harney
Mar 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
If you like a good second chance romance then you’re going to love Paper Hearts, it’s honestly been the best book from that genre I’ve read in a long while, I absolutely fell in love with the characters as well as the storyline and I bet you will too.

One girl from the right side of the tracks and one boy from the wrong side, that’s high school sweethearts Charleigh and Asher for you. From the moment these two first met there was an instant connection between them, the pair spent many a night tog
Mar 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
This second chance/enemies to lovers romance was spectacular. Picture your best friend (Mel) inviting you out to dinner where you will meet with a Realtor (who happens to be Trey's friend from college). After all you are looking to expand your business, so it seems like a good idea. Well your friend suddenly cannot make it, but urges you to continue on with the meeting. You go inside the restaurant, and find the man you are to meet. When he looks up, it is a blast from the past. It's the man you ...more
Melissa Mendoza
Mar 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing

"I was ruining your life, Charleigh. I knew it since the day we met."

5 Fragile Hearts Stars!!! OMG... emotionally beautiful!! I loved every single word!

Charleigh is a good girl, from a good family. Asher is the bad boy from the wrong side of the tracks. But they can't deny the instant attraction they both have. Charleigh's father refuses for her to date Asher. Tragedy strikes one night and everything changes. Cut to 10 years later where Charleigh and Asher cross each other'
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Mar 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This second chance romance was jam packed of emotions. Asher and Charleigh's story was heart wrenching and beautiful. Brittany Taylor definitely knows how to pull out all the feels. Cannot recommend this story enough! ~Andrea

"4,5*s

Sunny Shelly Reads
Paper Hearts was a phenomenal enemies-to-lovers second chance romance! It is one of those books that I started reading around 8 pm and stayed up way into the night, finishing it because I could not put it down! This is the first book I've read by Brittany Taylor, and I absolutely loved it. It is well-written, the pacing is perfect, Asher and Charleigh's story is heartbreaking, and their journey back together is full of tears but so beautiful!

Ten years after Asher gave her the brush-off the night
Erin Lewis
Mar 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
4 star review of Paper Hearts by Brittany Taylor

Brittany Taylor is a new author to me and I am surprised I have not come across her books before. Paper Hearts is a second chance at love story for Asher and Charleigh. All it takes is one moment, one action that can change the course of a person’s life forever and that is what is what happened for these two.

Fast forward ten years and both are extremely successful in their own rights when they meet again in New York City. Has the love that once bur
Paperbeautiful
Mar 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book is all about second, third, and fourth chances and also a little bit of enemies to lovers.

Charleigh and Asher were high school sweethearts. Charleigh was from a rich family and Asher was from the wrong side of the tracks. That did not stop the two of them from falling in love and making plans for the future. However, something happens which causes Asher to leave and they do not see each other for 10 years.

When they finally see each other again in New York, it is not a happy reunion. As
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Charleigh & Asher were in love as teenagers despite those who wanted them apart, and were making plans for the future. However, one moment created so much damage that it destroyed their relationship & heart were broken all over the place. Both of them were successful in their chosen careers, however, their love lives not so much. Fate definitely kept her eye on them because a decade later, they come face to face again out of the blue in NYC. Things didn't start out great because the past was nev ...more
Paulina (Thousands words on paper)
Charleigh and Asher used to date back in high school and now they meet again after ten years. There’s quite a lot of hurt going on between these two, but they are trying to make it work. There is the push and pull between them, but they’ve both been hurt and have some doubts.
The book is well-written and the character development is okay, though sometimes I had an impression that both Charleigh and Asher were behaving as if they were still teenagers and not adults. I also hoped that Asher would
Kathy Seabrease
Mar 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Each book that Brittany writes is better than the last. My emotions were all over the place. Was getting so frustrated with their song and dance! But wasn't that the point. Charleigh and Asher were so happy as teenagers, their lives and dreams just within reach.... but one daunting night changed everything. Hearts were broken and loves were lost forever... or were they? Fast forward to the present, both are doing well and achieved the success in their professional lives, but are still stilted an ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Mar 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
-Marie, ☆☆☆☆☆

I absolutely fell in love with this book! I could not put it down. It’s the perfect second, third, fourth & fifth chance story. If you read it you’ll get what I mean.

Charleigh and Asher were high school sweethearts. She was from the right side of the tracks and he wasn’t. There was an instant connection for them. Her father forbade her to date him and that didn’t stop them. They made plans for the future until one dreaded fire changed everything.

For ten years neither of them complet
Jackie Wright
Mar 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by Ms Taylor but it certainly won’t be the last.
Paper Hearts is Asher and Charleigh’s second chance at love, this couple have a history but one action changed their paths and they went their seperate ways, now ten years later they are both very successful working in New York City and when Charleigh is in need of a real estate agent the last person she expected was Asher .....
Fate seems determined to push this couple together but can they move past the pain from
Cindy Fong
Mar 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
4,5*s

I really felt the emotion throughout this story. The heart wants who it wants regardless of the size of your bank account or what side of the tracks you are from, one soul calls to it's mate. This is a second chance love story that will have you rooting for Charleigh and Asher to finally get their HEA. Their past is mired in barbs and thorns and after 10 years the hurts still cut deep but instead of looking at the past they have to look toward the future.

"“This is me following through on
Wendy Livingstone
Mar 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Asher and Charleigh were high school sweethearts until in the blink of an eye an action separates them and sends them is opposite directions. Now 10-years later they are both successful in their careers, and when Charleigh needs a real estate agent in New York, she comes face to face with Asher. Can these two move on from the past? This is a well written story which pulls at the heartstrings and is an emotional roller coaster throughout, and is filled with heartbreak, angst, passion, 2nd chances ...more
Tiffany
Mar 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Paper Hearts will pull on those heartstrings for sure! The push and pull between Asher and Charleigh just adds to the angst. Teenagers who had their dreams all figured out and then a fateful night changes everything. Fast forward 10 years and they literally run into each other. Time hasn't changed the intense feelings they have for one another but can they get past the hurt?

Secrets, heartache and so much more, wonderful book.

Second chance romance is one of my favorite tropes and Brittany really
JoAnna Edger
Mar 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic read.

I loved everything about these two. The chemistry that Asher and Charleigh have is off the charts, it’s raw, filled with lots of history and all the angst you want when you’re reading a book.

Can these two finally make things work after all this time away from each other?! Their total strangers now and so much has changed in their worlds! You’ll have to read this phenomenal story to find out exactly what I’m talking about but, I promise you won’t be disappointed

Without a
Lisa Eugene
Mar 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I'm a big fan of second-chance-at-love romances, and this did not disappoint. Asher and Charleigh are great together. They were high school sweethearts that ended up going their own way. Ten years later, they find themselves reunited, but their past threatens the possibility of love and a future together. This is an emotional read with lots of feels. I enjoyed how the author wove the story and drew me into the hearts of the two main characters. I will definitely be re ...more
Summerlynn83
Apr 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this second chance romance swept me off my feet! Asher and Charleigh seemed to be perfect for each other so when they went down in flames I was literally in tears with Charleigh.
So much can change in 10 years but not the connection between them. There was an instant spark, even with the palpable heartbreak. I loved digging through the past as Charleigh and Asher worked their way toward a future. I won’t say this was an easy read, I got stuck in my feels a few times but man was it worth all
Stephanie Crews
Mar 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The book had me from the first page, it was so hard to put down. The back and forth was frustrating but also mesmerizing about these two.

Charleigh and Asher were each others first loves, they had such a bright future together, until one night changed it all. Broken hearts and lost love, will they ever find happiness again?
Years later both at the top of their games, but still missing something until they see each other again. Will the past heartbreak allow them to move on?
lowkeyreader
Mar 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by the author and it was so GOOD! It has my favourite trope and what more could I asked for. Brittany definitely writes Asher and Charleigh's story beautifully. It was jam-packed with emotions. The heartache, angst, love, and every single one of the emotions can be felt seeping through the pages.

I enjoyed their story a lot and I will definitely be looking forward to reading more of Brittany's books.
Marine_bookworm
Mar 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
*Given an ARC for my honest review*

Paper Hearts is an enemies-to-lover, second chance romance. In their teenage years you can see the love and chemistry between Asher and Charleigh and know that they're on a right path of happiness until something happens that separates them for the next ten years.
Brittany Taylor's book was a little emotional rollercoaster. The main characters had such angst, tension and at times acted like teenagers, but overall it was a fantastic read.
Alyson Nerren
Apr 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love and paper hearts!!!

Oh my stars this book was so good! I loved how we got their present and past!! We needed those chapters of their past to truly understand what happened! Asher and Charleigh were apart for ten years before seeing each other again, but when they did, they didn't know how to react....but reading their story was pretty emotional! This book was so very good! Read it!
Amy
Mar 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh-My-Heart

With each book Brittany writes I can feel a greater connection with her characters and story. Paper Hearts is by far the best yet. Charleigh and Asher’s dance from enemies to friends back to love kept me pulled into their history their present - and oh if I didn’t love Charleigh’s sass and backbone.
The Dragon Den
Mar 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
ARC Review from The Dragon Den
* * *
Such drama! So many pent up feelings and emotions! Why didn't someone just punch or break something because DAMN! I know I did! Love it. It was a thrilling little read on my boring day.
Ashley Munoz
Mar 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book hooked me right away! I loved the brush-off from Asher, the surprise connection, and then the heartache. OMG the heartache that you get to relive through their memories- ti's One of the best second chance romances that I've ever read! ...more
Booklover Mercis Bookish Blog
So beautiful! I loved Asher and Charleighs story so much. Heart wrenching and beautiful,Brittany Taylor brings you a modern love story to rival even the classics.After a heartbreaking parting fate brings Asher and Charliegh back together in a way that will have your heart full and your eyes teary.
Andrea
Mar 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This second chance romance was jam packed of emotions. Asher and Charleigh's story was heart wrenching and beautiful. Brittany Taylor definitely knows how to pull out all the feels. Cannot recommend this story enough! ...more
Shelly Tooley
Mar 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Brittany dragged so many feels out of me with this book! All the heartache, so much angst, all the pushing and pulling kept me hooked till the very end for this second chance romance! Definitely 5+ stars!
Gladys Avilés
Mar 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book sooo much!
This one has one of the most beautiful covers I’ve ever seen ♥️♥️ And the story is amazing as well. So emotional and captivating. I could not put this down.

• One More Time (Ruby Falls, #2)
  • Ruthless Monarch: A Billionaire Enemies-to-Lovers Romance
  • Mourning Wood
  • Only Once
  • I Pucking Love You (The Copper Valley Thrusters #5)
  • Lucas (The Sinful Seven, #1)
  • She's Still The One
  • Our Chance (Hope River #2)
  • Sweet Little Nothing
  • The Seasons of Callan Reed
  • Call Me Crazy (Bellamy Creek, #3)
  • Tequila Rose
  • Dare You To Hate Me
  • Kiss by Kiss  (The Riggins Brothers #3)
  • Touch by Touch (Riggins Brothers, #4)
  • The Edge of Happiness (The Edge Series, #1)
  • Jinx (Cerberus MC, #16)
  • Playing with Fire
Author of sexy and edgy Contemporary Romance.

I currently live in Connecticut with my handsome husband and two adorable sons.

I love reading, although I love writing even more. And I absolutely hate pickles.

News & Interviews

According to some historians, the month of April is actually named after Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love, by way of the Romans....