Start by marking “Call Me Dragon (Dragon Fires Rising, #1)” as Want to Read:
Call Me Dragon (Dragon Fires Rising, #1)

Call Me Dragon (Dragon Fires Rising, #1)

Call me Dragon. It’s the last thing you’ll ever do.

Blitz the Devastator has never done a decent day’s devastating in his life. Fireless, artistic and shunned by his Dragon Clan, he struggles to pillage even the meanest village. A future full of misery and failure beckons.

This much is true until the day the burly brown Dragon successfully – imagine that – kidnaps the Prince
Published December 10th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Call Me Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Call Me Dragon

Start your review of Call Me Dragon (Dragon Fires Rising, #1)
Cathy
Dec 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Call Me Dragon by Marc Secchia, has adventure mixed a good dose of comedy. Blitz the Devastator, who should be called Blitz the Bungler, was just kicked out of his clan. Why?, he can't do a decent devastating thing, plus he has no FIRE! Who ever heard of a dragon who couldn't even spit fire.
Being very depressed he flew to a village and landed on a roof. He looked into the window and saw a Princess who was being forced to have sex with a terrible Prince. In all dragon communities, this is a no-no
Sharon Rose
Dec 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book had me chuckling from the very beginning. I'm generally not into dragon stories, but this one is a gem. The trope of dragon-and-captured-princess is stood on end with two characters who do not fit the stereotypes. With the tropes being treated like society norms, and the dragon trying to figure out humans, there is plenty of material for the characters' snarky wit.

That said, this story is not a spoof. It's an adventure that is balanced with humor. The story is told from the dragon's p
Jennifer Shepard
Dec 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I read from this author and let me tell you that I loved it! Such a good book with great characters that keeps you obsessed with every page since the first one. The ending of this book.. come on! I just didn´t expect it! Can´t wait to read other books from this great writer! Amazing job! a must-read!. A fantastic book that has it all!

I happily endorse this amazing story to any and all who are looking for an enjoyable read and a completely different experience than anyone c
Ami
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I love good action/adventure stories and I love to read almost anything about dragons. This is definitely the best combination of those two loves I have ever been privileged to read. But, it is much more than that. Call Me Dragon is filled with wit, snark and hilarity that makes this story a ten-star winner, imho. I highly recommend it and moved book 2 to the head of my to be read pile and plan to begin reading it within the hour. Please do yourself a kindness and read it for yourself.

Read via
Diane Rapp
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Lots of fun and great action

This delightful novels mixes comedy, battles, and an unlikely friendship. When a dragon accidentally kidnaps a princess, he becomes a target. It's difficult to fight knights when he has no fire, but he must protect this unusual princess. The dragon learns lessons about love and courage while facing a cruel enemy that threatens humans as well as dragon kind.

I loved the book and can't wait to read the sequel. Highly recommended!
Donald
Dec 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Awesome Story

This story about a Dragon and a princess is very good. It starts out slow but as it goes along it gets better with them discovering who they really are. The Dragon I is not what he thinks he is and the princess is a small little dynamite of a girl who becomes a woman Dragon rider.. They are unbeaten together. A must read.
Lisa
Dec 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Unique

I found this story to be both unique and quite enjoyable. The middle section was a bit slow going, but the ending was delightful.
John Gamble
Dec 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A new author to me

And what a find. A good story with lots of daring do. Philosophy, angst, the past and the future and maybe love?
Lynn
Dec 26, 2020
Macleisha
Jan 07, 2021

• God's Eye: Awakening: A Labyrinth World Novel
  • The Dungeon Slayer (The Dungeon Slayer #1)
  • Alpha Zero
  • Dungeon Heart: A LitRPG Adventure (The Singing Mountain Book 1)
  • Secrets of the Sword II (Death Before Dragons #8)
  • The Fates of Yoran (The Chain Breaker Book 3)
  • Refuge
  • Secrets of the Sword 1 (Death Before Dragons #7)
  • Apocalypse: Generic System
  • Hallowed Bones (Elemental Dungeon #3)
  • A Year of Awakening (Love in a Changing Climate Book 1)
  • Bone Traders (Sellswords & Spellweavers, #1)
  • Blood Feud: A Legends of Ansu Novel
  • Complex
  • Assassin's Liege (Tales from the Mirror Realm Book 2)
  • Ashes to Ashes (Kingdoms and Curses Book 1)
  • Storm Forged (Death Before Dragons #6)
  • False Security (Death Before Dragons #5)
Writing a little something that involves Christmas and Dragons!

Marc is the bestselling author of over 25 fantasy novels, including 12 rip-roaring dragon fantasy adventures. He's also the author of a bestselling African historical fantasy series set in ancient Ethiopia. All of these books are available on Kindle Unlimited, so come along and try them out.

Marc was born Cape Town but now lives and wor

News & Interviews

Signed up for the 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge and looking for tips on how to discover and read more books? We’ve got your back. (And if...