Jump to ratings and reviews

To Be Yours #4

To Be Your Only

I’ve been in love with Wes since I was in braces. Him—not so much. But this is the summer I’m finally going to get him to notice me. And fall madly in love with me so we can live happily ever after, obviously.

Unfortunately, my best friend and partner-in-crime decided to run off for the summer, so I’m stuck with her annoying older brother, Eric, as my wingman.

Did I mention he’s annoying? This would be much easier if I weren’t constantly rolling my eyes at his sarcastic remarks or wishing I could wipe that little smirk off his face.

Want to know the most aggravating part? Now that things are finally starting to go my way with Wes, I can’t stop thinking about Eric and his dumb mouth.

ebook

Published November 19, 2020

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Rae Kennedy

4 books139 followers
Rae Kennedy enjoys writing romances that are sweet AND smutty with smart heroines, swoony heroes, and a good dose of humor. She has degrees in Architecture and Interior Design but also loves to draw, paint, bake, and, of course, write. A hopeless romantic, she's been married to her high school sweetheart for ten years, together they have three children and live in the Pacific Northwest.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
12 (2%)
1 star
4 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 81 reviews
Profile Image for Karla Lopez.
Author 3 books95 followers
December 12, 2021
Y’all ready for me to gush about this book nonstop? While I am!

I. LOVED. THIS. BOOK. SO. MUCH.

Rae is one of my favorite authors and I’ve loved all of the books she’s written, but for some reason this one is the only one I love a smidge more than the rest.

I love country, simple living books because it’s my dream life. So when I get them in books I melt. This book had just that.

Eric was a bowl of sunshine and I fell in love with him right away. I love that he isn’t this super attractive guy. He’s just an average dude that isn’t really tall either. Yet, he’s one of the most precious characters I’ve ever read. His personality just makes him so lovable. As you learn about him and how he values love and sex SWOON 1000000x. He’s the sweetest soul ever and hardworking. Did I mention he’s a Cowboy. *hearteyes*

Kayla is a wild stallion. She’s also has a few screws loose in her head because girlfriend was trying to get with another guy, while THE GUY was right in front of her. I adore her. She made me laugh so much. She was just waiting to be tamed—and she was. But by a DIRTY sweet human.

Eric and Kyla are like the sun and the sky—they go together. I loved every minute of their story. Their chemistry just felt so Swoon worthy. That ending was amazing too.
Profile Image for Anna Reads Here.
858 reviews174 followers
November 18, 2020
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ | Steam: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Tropes: Best Friend’s Brother, Friends to Lovers

Review: I absolutely loved To Be Your Last and it introduced me to such an incredible world of Rae Kennedy. I promised myself I’d go back in time and read the other two books, but then I saw that this was coming and I decided that I would go back later. To Be Your Only follows Kyla and Eric and their slow burn relationship. But don’t be fooled, it might be a slow burn, but when they do start to burn….it’s so damn hot.

We meet Kyla and Eric in the earlier book - before Gracie goes off on tour and falls in love with an insanely hot rockstar - but this book gives you everything you were waiting for. Like To Be Your Last, the characters in this book are so brilliant and so well thought out. Sure, do I wish we got to see Eric’s side of things? Absolutely. But I love that we got to see all of Kyla and her awesomeness.

As we discovered before, Kyla’s got this insane crush on Wes. Wes happens to be Eric’s friend, helps out on the family ranch and used to once date Eric’s sister. And now that Gracie is gone on tour for the summer, Kyla’s decided that she needs to make something happen. Which includes weaseling a job on the ranch for herself, so that she’s around Wes all the time, and getting Eric to help her get his attention. There’s a lot of awkward fumbling and tipping over into horse shit, but it’s all so entertaining.

I love love love, LOVE Kyla. She’s a riot. She’s totally my kind of girl. Whatever is on her mind, she spits it out. There is literally no filter and she doesn’t give a crap what other people have to say about that or about her. She’s also incredibly loyal and her friendship with Gracie is perfect and total friendship goals. But her love for her grandfather gave me all the feels and honestly that just tells you the kind of person someone is. She’s deferring from college and trying to find where she fits, much to her mother’s disdain. Kyla’s been set on Wes for so long that that’s all she wants and she’s not going to apologise for that.

Eric is brilliant. And such a unique character. Gracie’s older brother helps out with the family ranch and is a genuinely good guy. He’s 27 and a virgin, because he wants to hold out for someone special. But don’t get him wrong, he’s good in other ways. And his skills are definitely unexpected. Eric’s feelings for Kyla are not a secret, well, except from her. And I love that he didn’t get in her way and ruin what she was trying to achieve with Wes. He wants her to be happy and that means he’ll do whatever he can to help her out.

Rae has created these two incredible characters that we’ve gotten a whiff off in the past, but to see their stories unfold is truly special. It’s not just their relationship and romance that won me over, the characters on their own are brilliant. Kyla’s fiery spirit, her lack of filter and her desire to stand up for what she believes in truly makes her the kind of woman you’d want by your side. She’s also incredibly funny and charming. It’s hard to not love Kyla.

Nothing will prepare you for how hot these two are. There’s a reason I’ve given it five flames for steam, because good god, this book is truly on fire. It’s beyond hot. Put Kyla and Eric in a room and it’s instant flames. And their chemistry is so - for the lack of a better word - organic. Like they already have all this history between them and it just amplifies when they’re together. Also, beautiful people always make magic together.

Do the right thing and get yourself this book, because I promise it’s going to blow your mind. Rae Kennedy has a way with words and storytelling that you are going to absolutely enjoy.

Thanks to Rae Kennedy, NetGalley & RAKE Publishing for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Find more of my reviews on anna reads here
Profile Image for Tiffany.
103 reviews1 follower
September 13, 2022
Was worried this would be a little too yeehaw for me, but it was the perfect amount 🤠

Profile Image for Patricia Crowther.
472 reviews44 followers
October 31, 2020
eARC received via Netgalley in exchange for honest review.

I knew I was going to love this one as soon as I read the teaser at the end of To Be Your Last. And I was right! I loved Kyla’s voice telling her and Eric’s story, she is so funny. Some real laugh out loud moments for sure. I loved their banter and the undeniable chemistry they had. Both Kyla and Eric has that Rae Kennedy trademark sweet and sexy vibe. I loved Eric’s limited experience but also his limited EXPERIENCE! You’ll have to read it to get that one but it cements Eric firmly as perfect guy material. The plot was simple, realistic! without too much drama, which was nice.

I will say one more thing and that is that this book is without doubt sexy. I mean, the cover alone!! But Rae also makes it a bit more dirtier than her previous instalments so if that’s not your thing then don’t pick it up. But I for one am excited to see what Rae comes up with next!
Profile Image for Christina ☾.
220 reviews185 followers
November 24, 2020
Well I binged this book in one sitting. How could I not? Rae Kennedy takes such a fresh spin on NA romance. And thank god. So many authors just follow the same beaten path every other romance author writes and I love that Rae Kennedy proved she can write more than a cliché romance with this series.
Kyla is an independent, sex positive, hilarious character than is so unlike any other character I’ve read. I have been waiting for a book like this. A book with a sexually explicit and positive woman character, who loves her body and herself. The fact that Kyla is experienced and Eric is a virgin is a aspect to romance I have been waiting for. Gone are the days of a mousy virgin woman who is lured in by a sex god guy.
I loved Kyla and Eric’s relationship so much. They were so fun, had great banter, and were so so sexy. They communicated and respected each other, which feels so hard to find in romance these days. I absolutely adored the setting that this book took place in. A small town ranch? Yes please, I want to move there immediately. I loved that Kyla’s character loved living there and didn’t have big dreams of leaving her small town. She didn’t know what she wanted to do with her life, didn’t want to go to college She was head strong and owned herself.
February 3, 2021
A light and easy read, entertaining enough, but I found that I just couldn’t get on with the main character Kyla, I just found her a bit irritating at times, immature so it was just a struggle to empathise with her. I will read other books by the author as I’ve enjoyed them before, just this one wasn’t as good as Rae’s usual books to me.

Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for a free copy for an honest opinion
Profile Image for May.
333 reviews
January 4, 2021
*I was kindly given this in exchange for an honest review via NetGalley*
This was incredible.
The writing was perfection.
The humor was had me in stitches.
The romance was heart-warming.
I have read a novel by Rae Kennedy before so I knew I would love the writing but damn this was on a whole new level of greatness. Genuinely it was amazing. The characterization was so great. I adored Kyla as the main character, I actually related to her so much; especially her word vomit. Eric was perfection. He was so sweet and helpful and I felt sorry for him so much. I just couldn't handle his cuteness. Plus, he sounds dreamy AF! Ginger and freckles are just too adorable.
Anywaaaayyy, the plot was so gripping. I read it in almost one sitting. Romances can sometimes sink in the middle but this didn't have that at all. It was very well-paced.
I definitely have to mention the sex in this book is quite intense and does play a very large part in the plot. Personally, I really liked it. It was very well written but it was very graphic so I feel the need to mention that for others who might have issues with this although I thought it was great and really fit with the book.
So in summary, I highly recommend it. What a great book to start off the year with. If I had to pick one element about this book that blew me away it would be the humor. It was incredible. I cannot recommend it enough. 5 stars. I can't wait to read what Rae Kennedy writes next.
Profile Image for Jenny Hobson.
518 reviews16 followers
November 20, 2020
I knew I was going to love Kyla from what I got from her in To Be Your Last. She's lusted after Wes since she was a little girl and is now taking her chance to move things past being friends. She uses the opportunity of her best friend being away to help on the families farm to get closer to Wes. This however means seeing more of Eric and boy do these two have some banter going on. I loved that there was quite a twist to the story and it was actually the boy who had secretly harboured feelings for the girl which I can't say I've read much of before. Our main man was so sweet! He really showed his kind nature and helped Kyla through some difficult situations. The relationship between Kyla and her Grandad was so nice. She really dotted on him and my heart broke for her and him in this story.
I absolutely adore Rae Kennedy's writing. Her stories just suck you in and this was another one I read in one sitting. This book was a lovely romance with low drama, plenty of laughs and a bit of sauce. It was great to read a story were the main characters weren't your typical book beautiful people. Kyla is curvy and owns it and our main man is typically average. It made it even more of a believable story. Another fab addition to the series. Can't wait to see what Rae has in-store next
Profile Image for jessreadss.
284 reviews16 followers
November 22, 2020
Thank you so much NetGalley for this arc!

Wow. So I’ve been blessed with receiving arcs for all of the books in this series so far and can I just say, Rae Kennedy knows her stuff. She is so brilliant and so insanely talented and I am forever a fan of her writing!!!

These characters really took me by surprise for how much I loved them. I wasn’t so sure (not gonna lie) when I started and figured out who they were. I got a little nervous which was idiotic because hello? It’s Rae Kennedy and she’ll never let me down with her books.

I thoroughly enjoyed this one with all of the incredible banter, innuendos (seriously I was dying from laughter), and building romance between Kyla and Eric. Their romance was just beautiful and flawed yet perfect and so effortless and it was absolutely incredible! I loved this so much and am definitely hoping for more because I’m obsessed!
Profile Image for Nadia.
379 reviews1 follower
July 16, 2021
It took me awhile to get into the book since I thought the main character was immature and clueless. Though as I kept reading, the story did get better and Ky grew on me. The story was about Kyla who thought she was in love with Wes. So she tried her best to get his attention. In the meantime her besties older brother Eric helped her along even though he loved her himself. I loved Eric and thought he was great. Especially when he was there for her regardless if she wanted him around or not. And I have to state that the sex scenes were extremely hot and steamy in this book.
On a side note, I actually wanted to know more about Gracie and didn’t know she already had a book of her story. So now I will check that out.
Overall, it was a good, sexy, love story and I will read Gracies story soon.

I received this ARC from the publisher and Netgalley for my honest opinion and review.
Profile Image for Michelle Claypot_Reads.
2,164 reviews56 followers
November 3, 2020
This was my first read from this author and I will definitely be looking for more.

Kyla’s character made me laugh a lot, but she’s also quite fragile underneath. I loved her relationship with her best friend and the way she so fiercely adored her grandpa.

Eric is the quiet hero. The guy you usually overlook but definitely shouldn’t. He manages to balance being filthy and his sweet perfectly.

There’s hilarious banter, some quite poignant moments and some of the best chemistry I’ve read this year. Definitely recommend.

I received an arc of this book.
Profile Image for Helen.
420 reviews3 followers
June 13, 2021
I wasn’t a huge fan of Kyla. She actually annoyed me. Her character was overbearing. Eric was ok but that whole pie eating business was too much. This story was too much sex and not enough plot. I wish there was more of a storyline than eating pie 🥧
Profile Image for Rachel.
16 reviews2 followers
December 6, 2020
Rae Kennedy has quickly become one of my favorite authors! In this book, she managed to create characters that are warm, loving, and sexy as hell at the same time. 10/10 would recommend this book!!
Profile Image for diirtyGLAM.
19 reviews1 follower
November 5, 2020
eARC received from NetGalley in exchange for my honest opinion.

If I could give this book 10 stars I would! I loved the characters ESPECIALLY Eric. I had to finish this book in one sitting and once I was done I craved for more!

I love Rae Kennedy’s writing style. I can’t wait to pick up her other books.
Profile Image for Samantha Bilodeau.
473 reviews10 followers
November 29, 2020
This is just a bit over the top with the lust and vulgarities. I'm far from a prude, but it's hard to feel as much of a connection to the characters when basically all they do is talk/think about "eating pussy," and masturbating with toys. The details of Kyla's fantasies were just too much, and the amount of times they reference Eric going down on her once he does is seriously overkill.

There was potential here, but the plot got lost in a horny teenager and a 27 year old who apparently was only really good for one thing... I feel like these characters deserved more depth than they got. Eric seemed like such a sweet guy! Kyla seemed like she would start off as a juvenile, spoiled kid and grow up (sadly, she didn't seem to).

That said, if you're someone who reads more for sexytimes, this would be a good choice. It's certainly not lacking in that area!
Profile Image for Soly's Books.
282 reviews5 followers
December 23, 2020
Je vous l'ai déjà dit (mais je me répète ^^ ) grâce aux partenaires américains, je découvre de nombreux auteurs VO qui ne sont pas toujours traduits en français et ça a été le cas avec Rae Kennedy dont j'ai lu le dernier roman "To be your only" qui est le tome 4 d'une série "To be yours" qui concerne une fratrie (j'ai fait des recherches ^^ ) de 5 frères et soeurs, les Gallahger mais moi, je ne l'ai découverte qu'à celui-ci (évidemment depuis, j'ai pris les précédents) ils peuvent se lire seuls : c'est évidemment le résumé qui m'a plu : nous découvrons donc Kyla, la meilleure amie de la première fille de la famille et héroïne du tome précédent, Gracie : elle est "amoureuse" de Wes, un jeune homme un peu plus âgé qu'elle, qu'elle connait depuis toujours et qui travaille au ranch des Gallagher mais celui-ci ne la voit pas : elle est hors-limite car bien trop jeune. Mais la jeune femme qui a poussé Gracie à vivre sa vie avec Logan (un musicien) décide de s'appliquer à elle-même sa théorie de tenter sa chance.. Or, comme elle a été "renvoyée" du restaurant familial et que sa mère la pousse à se prendre en main, elle décide de solliciter un emploi à la ferme afin d'approcher Wes et qu'il la remarque enfin. Mais à sa grande surprise, c'est le frère de sa meilleure amie, Eric, qui va l'aider à se rapprocher de lui alors qu'ils ont du mal à être dans la même pièce... Mais Eric est un jeune homme à découvrir et qui va se révéler être tout autre que celui qu'elle pensait : il va devenir non seulement son allié pour séduire Wes mais il va être un vrai soutien dans les moments difficiles et notamment lorsque la jeune femme va rendre visite à son grand-père qu'elle adore mais qui sombre de plus en plus, atteint par différentes maladies liées à l'âge : mais pourquoi agit-il ainsi? Qu'est-ce que cela cache? quel est son but? Wes est-il réellement l'homme qu'il faut pour la fougueuse Kyla? et bien vous le saurez en lisant ce roman plutôt drôle pour la première partie et assez hot dans la seconde.

Chronique complète ici : https://solysbooks.blogspot.com/2020/...
Profile Image for Kelly-Jo Sweeney.
989 reviews12 followers
November 18, 2020
I enjoyed the third book in this series, To Be Your Last, that I was quite excited to read this one. Although this is a series, the books work well as standalone stories. In this case, there are links to the previous book, but it really won't matter if you haven't read it or if you read this first and then go back.
In many ways, this is a completely different book to the last. Kyla is the kind of young woman who wears her heart on her sleeve and says exactly what's on her mind. For some people, she might be a little bit too much, but for Eric, it's clear that she perfect. I loved the humour in this book which worked really well, enough to put a smile on your face without the fear that it was all trying too hard.
While she sets out to woo her crush of many years, Wes, it's clear to Eric and us the reader that actually she's going after the wrong man. It isn't long before she sees who is really in front of her and they manage to move towards a happily ever after.
I received a complimentary copy of this book through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
There were several things that I particularly liked about this book. The slight role reversal in terms of experience was fun, particularly when it didn't mean that anyone was completely innocent. I also just love friends to lovers stories and this one is that and more. There wasn't a huge amount of angst or misunderstanding either, which I particularly liked.
This was a brilliant read and I'd be keen to find out what Rae Kennedy comes up with next and possibly going back to read the first two books that I've missed.

Profile Image for Joanna Bishop.
253 reviews14 followers
November 25, 2020
At this point, if Rae Kennedy isn't one of your go-to, must-read authors, she should be! She is honestly unmatched in terms of characters, witty banter, and STEAM! This book will have you clutching your pearls in the best way! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

To Be Your Only can be read as a standalone, though I will wholeheartedly recommend reading the previous three novels in the series. Especially To Be Your Last, which is without question my personal favorite! 🖤 However, in TBYO we get to follow Eric as he acts as the best wingman for Kyla as she tries to gain the attention of her lifelong crush, Wes. Of course, it turns out that Kyla and Eric are the ones truly meant to be! They balance each other out perfectly, Wes acting as a calming, centering force for Kyla, and Kyla bringing Eric out of his shell and helping him enjoy life (and pie!) with her!

This story is everything we need right now. It's a small-town romance, and it's so refreshing for both of the characters to be perfectly content where they are. They love the farm life, they just need someone to love it together with! We also get best-friends-older-brother, which grows from that relationship into a true friendship and romance between them while Gracie is out of town. And if all that doesn't have you picking this book up, there are absolutely hilarious laugh-out-loud moments, great banter, heartfelt finding-your-way moments, big family dinners, and some of the hottest scenes I have ever read! And of course, the HEA that we all deserve to read about! Wes even gets his HEA in the end, too!

I could not recommend this book, and all of the books in this series more! Treat yourself and enjoy!
Profile Image for pageswithpayten.
571 reviews40 followers
November 26, 2020
Thank you NetGalley, RAKE Publishing and Rae Kennedy for gifting me an advance copy of this book in exchange for my honest review!
Ok first of all? I love this cover! It instantly caught my attention and really stood out from the other romance books on my list. Second of all? I’m always on the hunt for New Adult books. I turned 25 in September and got engaged in October so while I’m no spring chicken and I find most Young Adult books too immature for me, I sometimes struggle to relate to the older, married/divorced and or parents in Adult Romances. I think this book was a little bit NA, a lot bit YA. Things flipped between very sexy scenes with a whole lotta chemistry to immature inner dialogue. Granted, the main female lead is 19, almost 20, and the male lead is 25 so there’s quite the maturity difference there. Before the characters admitted their feelings for each other, I loved reading their witty banter and teasing behavior, their relationship developed super organically. I do feel like things hit fast forward once they got together and the steam factor went from sexy to smut. It got to be a bit much by the end, if I’m honest, and I wished the writing from the beginning of the book matched the end, but I really did like this book overall!
When Kyla’s best friend, Gracie, leaves her in their hometown to go on tour with a band, Kyla is left without a wingman. She’s had a crush on Wes, a farm hand on Gracie’s family farm and Gracie’s old brother’s best friend. She’s determined to convince Wes she is more than Gracie’s little friend and more like the young woman she'd grown to be. When she recruits Gracie's brother, Eric, to take her place as her wingman, she never expects to start seeing him in a whole new one. Suddenly she’s hoping her wingman will help her set her up with himself.
Profile Image for Stephanie Panach.
679 reviews11 followers
November 10, 2020
This book is funny, sad, and very sexy. As new adult goes, the heroine is very young (19) and feels still on the immature side - but I think that is true to her age and where she is with her life. I did like that this book was very open and sex positive! Kyla is definitely a force to be reckoned with in that arena! I also really liked that neither Eric or Kyla had "perfect" bodies or looks. Eric was a late bloomer and got teased a lot for being on the smaller side as a kid. Kyla is curvy and damn proud of it (as she should be). Her confidence in her body and looks is never in doubt throughout the book. In fact, the song Delight by Avenue Beat kept running through my head the entire time I was reading this book.

Eric is definitely what Kyla needs in her life - a steady strong presence who loves her just as she is. Kyla is the fun and zing Eric needs in his life. Even as young as Kyla is - you can see this relationship lasting and going the distance.

I will say - this book did give me a lot to think about as a parent - particularly with Kyla's relationship with her mom. I didn't disagree with Kyla's mom that Kyla either needed a job or to go to school - but I am not sure she took the best tactics with Kyla. I especially think moving her grandfather without talking to Kyla about it first was definitely wrong and unnecessarily hurtful. He did need more care - but having Kyla show up to find him gone was just callous and bordering on cruel.

That being said - I really enjoyed this and thought it was a standout read in new adult romance.

I received this as an ARC from NetGalley, but these opinions are all my own.
151 reviews1 follower
July 6, 2022
Ugh. He's so Annoying.

I have never. NEVER. Read a book that so perfectly transitioned from dislike & irritation to intrigue & lust. Think Wall of Winnipeg. I myself had a physical manifestation of dislike for the mouthy redheaded nemesis named Eric. Kyla can't physically stand her BFF's brother. She has a one track mind and that mind is made up on the physically perfect Wes. As with most things we have an unhealthy obsession about, life just laughs. This was the 4th book in the To Be Yours series. I recall thinking in the first few chapters of the story "Well the other 3 books were absolutely epic all time favs but this one is gonna be a big flop. No way Rae Kennedy can make me like this guy". WRONG. Ms. Kennedy has a pace and subtlety with words that is equal to any...SEP, Perry, Zapata to name a few. Via numerous interactions and sly wording, the push turned into a pull of absolute attraction. I was completely boy crushing by mid way and just adore how the characters weren't flighty. When Eric slides into the seat in a public setting next to Kyla and takes her hand, I loved that the sentences following were about the strength and connection. Most other stories would have gone off on a tangent where she was freaked out that others could see their hands clasped. No such triviality to be found, just big love for your person. Thanks Ms. Kennedy.....I'll be a release date stalker for life.
Profile Image for Terry.
1,087 reviews
November 2, 2020
4 1/2 Stars for this laugh-out-loud romance!

Kyla has been in love with Wes since she was a teenie bopper and now that she's 19, she's finally gonna make her move. Seeing how her friend Gracie is away for the summer, she's decides to volunteer at Gracie's parent's farm ... where Wes works. But every time she turns around Gracie's brother Eric is right there, giving her grief. They have never gotten along, but for some reason this summer it's different, the sarcasm and snide remarks have become teasing and flirting. Who will be Kyla's crush by the end of the summer ... Wes or Eric?

I just loved Kyla ... she never thought before she spoke. Everything that was on her mind came out of her mouth. She was so sweet with her Grandpa ... brought tears to my eyes, as it would anyone who ever had someone close to them with Alzheimers. It was different that the male lead character Eric, was not tall or as good looking as his friend Wes ... and that Kyla saw beyond the freckles and all, to his heart of gold. It was also a nice change that Kyla was the one with all the sexual experience and not Eric. This is a great addition to the series and I highly recommend it.

I received an early copy courtesy of RAKE Publishing through NetGalley in exchange for a honest review.
Profile Image for Amanda Allen.
82 reviews2 followers
December 22, 2020
New adult romances are my jam-- I LOVE them so much. Even as a 32 year old adult, I really have no shame in admitting that. Maybe because I devour so many of them, I didn't find "To Be Your Only" by Rae Kennedy to be one of my favorites.

If you're looking for a steamy romance, this book certainly has that. For me, the protagonist Kyla was a little bit too sex-forward for my taste. But, I definitely understand the need for strong, woman characters who own their sexuality. It just was a lot for me personally.

This book centers around Kyla trying to will a romantic relationship with her long-time object of affection Wes. In the midst of her plan on winning over Wes, she attempts to use Eric as her wingman. But as stories usually go, it is Eric, not Wes, she ends up falling for.

Eric was definitely a likable character, way more than Kyla. He was genuine and funny and not the typical Alpha Male Persona a lot of books center their male characters around.

This book had elements that I really enjoyed, but overall Kyla just wasn't a hit for me, so with so much of the book focused on her, this isn't what I would consider a must read.

Thanks to NetGalley for providing me an ARC of "To Be Your Only" by Rae Kennedy in exchange for an honest review.

T
Profile Image for Sara Oxton.
3,264 reviews12 followers
November 2, 2020
To Be Your Only by Rae Kennedy a five-star read that is the only thing you need in your life right now. This is number four in the To be Yours series, but they can be read as stand-alone, they do have characters who pop up, but they each tell their own stories, and my goodness what stories they tell. Kyla broke me, I sobbed and sobbed at her story, she pulled me in so deep, I also blushed a fair bit too, but that way mostly Eric and how sweet and unexpected he was, there was something about him that promoted him to more than just the besties big brother. Wes played his part in this story, and I do hope we get to hear more from him, what surprises will he have behind his buckle I wonder. There has always been a depth to this series, an underrunning current of emotion that adds so much to the story, and characters that keep you hooked. I love that you really don’t have to read the others, but if you do it’s like a little surprise each time they pop up, getting tiny details that you may have missed or just added to each story, a nice bonus, but not enough that the spoil. This is a great series and Kyla and Eric will war your heart.
Profile Image for Catherine.
26 reviews2 followers
November 5, 2020
5 stars!

I really enjoyed this book, it was the perfect balance of cute, funny, and sexy! I don't always trust when a book is in a series and it says standalone, but I didn't even know until after I finished it that this is the fourth book. It seems like there were some cameos from other characters, and from what I can tell, is told concurrently with book three, but you really don't need any context to be brought into the story. Kyla is super funny, and watching her and Eric fall harder for each other is adorable.

My only critique would be that I don't know why Eric had to be EIGHT years older than Kyla. The whole thing is only brought up like once, and not in a questioning way. He's 27 and she's 19, but Eric says he's liked her for "longer than he should have" and that it's been a few years. So, like when she was 16 and you were 24? The reason this didn't bring down my rating is because Eric is written like he's about 22 or 23, so it didn't really feel icky.

Anyway, I may go back and read the earlier books now because this one was a lot of fun!

Thank you to netgalley and the publisher for providing me with an eARC of this book in exchange for an honest review!
Profile Image for Linzey.
26 reviews
November 15, 2020
I recently received an advanced reader copy of this book. To be honest, I started it this morning without knowing much about the storyline... and finished it 5 hours later 😅 It’s one of those books I could not put down. Kyla’s personality was so relatable, her internal dialogue had me laughing out loud throughout. And don’t even get me started with Eric, her best friend’s older brother who is swoon-worthy any time he’s mentioned.

They’ve known each other for years, showcased through their back and forth banter, but their chemistry had me flipping to the next page needing to know when they’d realize their undeniable connection.

Overall, I loved this book and was so sad it was over. Luckily, I was pleasantly surprised it was the fourth novel in a series of connected romances (though, can totally be read as a stand-alone). Looks like I’ll be reading the first three this week 🤩

If this sounds like a book for you, check it out when it’s released later this week on 11/19. Thank me later 😉

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. ARC provided by NetGalley.
Profile Image for Von Jess.
496 reviews
November 19, 2020
As usual Rae Kennedy does not disappoint. I loved the 4th book in the To Be Yours series, To Be Your Only.

Kyla has loved Wes since she was 9. Now, 10 years later she’s hoping to finally grab his attention and make him fall for her.
Now if only there wasn’t her BFF Gracie’s older brother Eric that kept annoying her.

When she starts working on the Gallagher Farm (Gracie and Eric’s family farm) because Wes works there, she tries to spend as much time with Wes as possible. Even though she doesn’t really want to spend time with Eric, she recruits him to be her Wingman to help get Wes.

But the more time she spends with Eric and gets to know him, she can’t get him out of her head...

I loved Kylas story and her inner monologue was laugh out loud crazy! I enjoyed the banter between her and Eric and how they slowly slid into friend territory and then more.

I do recommend the whole series, very well written and fun. (Oh and the hot and steamy scenes in this book! Wowza. I had to fan myself a couple of times!!)

I received this ebook arc copy in exchange for an honest review by NetGalley and the publisher.
584 reviews1 follower
January 4, 2021
While I’m not usually a fan of first person POV, I really enjoyed this story. I liked how this author took a tried and true romantic trope and made it different.
This was a small town romance yet neither character wanted to leave for bigger and better things. The H was not your typical handsome, billionaire love interest coming in to ‘save’ the woman. Eric was a quiet understated hero which was a good balance to Kyla’s crazy. I loved his dedication to Kyla. Afterall, he starts by being her wingman as Kyla tries to attract the attention of another guy. Kyla was a nut bar … in a good way. She was fiercely loyal to her family and friends but was directionless with her life goals. Reading her POV was hilarious especially when her mind always jumped to the dramatic. Kyla was the more sexually experienced which is not the norm for most romances. While Eric may have technically been a virgin, he certainly knew how to bring it as some of the scenes get mighty hot when he and Kyla get together. It’s always the quiet ones you have to watch out for.
I will definitely be looking for more from this author!

I received a free copy from Netgalley. This is my unbiased review.
Profile Image for Mae - Twice Upon A Book.
441 reviews155 followers
October 29, 2020
Thank you to NetGalley and Rake Publishing for this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I would recommend if you're looking for

-m/f best friend's older brother
-small town romance
-frenemies to lovers
-close proximity
-virgin hero
-a drawer of vibrators named after our favorite Chris'
-some naughty times in a cabin
-so much steam

I really enjoyed how this book switched the expectations. With a virgin hero who was holding out for sex, looking for a connection, but also clearly pining hard for our heroine I really enjoyed it. That she felt so bad ruining his first time, concerned about his feelings, it was nice to see both characters care about the others feelings. They had such great chemistry and banter. The steam was wonderful and so sex positive for both characters.

The only thing I wanted more of was to address what was going on with Kyla's mother. It was left unresolved, her mother was giving her a hard time and I wish they addressed that more.

Rating: 4
Steam: 4

Trigger warnings: death of a loved one
Profile Image for Uzma.
89 reviews
December 1, 2020
To Be Your Only by Rae Kennedy

Oh where do I start? I got in to this book blindly, something I rarely do. All I knew for certain was that it’s gonna have some sorta triangle and triangles usually make me uncomfortable but something about this book made me still wanna read it.
And what do you know, it was such a pleasant surprise.
Humorous, wonderful characters and situations that weren’t too awkward or angsty. Just the right amount of everything.
I loved Ky’s uninhibited vocabulary and conversations, reminded me so much of myself. I also loved Eric’s persistence and his absurd sense of humor; made him all the more adorable. I loved the side characters, which made me want to look in to their books... and I did go back and read Gracie’s book and I loved it even more.
So here’s the thing, if you are looking for a low angst, fun book that’s a quick enough read and still doesn’t compromise on its characters and it’s story telling abilities, this book, heck this whole series is for you.

I was provided with an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 81 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.