Start by marking “Boo and the Boy” as Want to Read:
Boo and the Boy

Boo and the Boy

In the heart of the Mojave Desert, a little boy wanders, lost and frightened. Coming upon a giant bison skull, he makes a discovery that turns his fear into a night of magic. A ghost, fairy's, and a talking rattlesnake, all come together to bring an atmosphere of fantasy to this haunted tale. ...more
Kindle Edition
Published October 24th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Boo and the Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boo and the Boy

Start your review of Boo and the Boy
Janie C.
Oct 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
A short story that involves an affable ghost named Boo, his serpentine companion and a mix of magic. Who is the young boy who appears in the desert before the bison skull in which Boo resides? You will have to read the story to find out. This is a liminal and touching tale.
April Cote
I've read his other books and loved them, so I bought this as soon as it was available. I waited until late at night to read it. I wanted to be curled up in bed, the house quiet and no one awake to bother me.

That was the perfect way to read it. It is fantasy with a type of horror that doesn't make you jump, but leaves a sense of mild terror and dread that lingers throughout the story. It was magical, hauntingly beautiful, with a mix of sadness that gives you an odd sense of relief at the end.

I
Erika Barrett
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a very enjoyable read, wondering how it could possibly end, I definitely did not expect how it did! Very creative, it leaves you with a sort of soft heartbreak, making something tragic sound so sweet. I definitely recommend this for a unique, intriguing read!
Lydia Schoch
Apr 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Every haunting exists for a reason even if that reason isn’t immediately revealed.

As soon as I met Boo, I was instantly endeared to him. Since he didn’t remember anything about his life before began haunting the giant bison skull, everything I learned about him was based on his kind, curious personality. He truly cared about others, and he showed his feelings in gestures both grand and small. There was no limit to what he’d do to help someone who seemed to be in trouble even though his powers w
Elizabeth
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This story was short but stays with you long after you finish reading. Hauntingly beautiful, it brings feelings of intense loneliness and sadness mixed with curiosity and wonderment. Supernatural with a suprise dash of magic, it leaves the reader wanting to know so much more.
OTIS
Apr 06, 2021
Paul Reid
Dec 28, 2020
Wayne Barrett
Oct 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Tammy Schoch

• Wormwood
  • Ambush Predators: A Post-Apocalyptic Urban Fantasy Short Story
  • Weed
  • Leprechaun Luck: A Witch of Mintwood Short Story
  • Omerion: (Hell is My New Home)
  • All the King's Men
  • The Gifted Highly Sensitive Introvert: Wisdom for Emotional Healing and Expressing Your Radiant Authentic Self
  • Snow
  • I'm From Nowhere
  • In The Skin
  • Bones are Made to be Broken
  • F*ckface: and Other Stories
Wayne is living the dream in Safety Harbor, Florida with his wife Brandie.
He is a musician, an artist, and a writer. His next novel is expected to be available in 2021.