Start by marking “All the Way Out” as Want to Read:
All the Way Out

All the Way Out

Even at that young age Zach knew that those two truths - all-star athlete and homosexual male - could not exist concurrently. So, he’d started dating Rebecca, his devoutly Catholic girlfriend who wants to wait to have sex until she’s married, during his junior year of high school and never looked back.

But on the last night of a team trip to Rome, on the cusp of his senior
Published April 1st 2021 by Literary Wanderlust

To ask other readers questions about All the Way Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All the Way Out

Start your review of All the Way Out
True Loveislovereview
Mar 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021, lgbtq, sports
Zach knows he will never live the life he wants to, openly gay and an NFL player.
He will live his lie, living with his girlfriend, get married, etc etc.
When he’s with his team is in Rome Zach takes one last chance, through Grindr he got a one-night hook-up with a beautiful man Liam.

Zach is shocked when, back in the US, this Liam sits in the same class as he is.
He explains to Liam they have to avoid each other.
Liam is a bit pissed but agrees, whatever.

Avoiding seems impossible, they have to study
Sara Bauer
Mar 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
All the Way Out is much more than a coming-out story; it's the story of finding yourself in the most unexpected places.

To the world, college football star Zach has the perfect life, but it's all a lie. Meanwhile, Liam is running from his past and probably would have continued running, if not for Zach. Watching their complicated secret relationship evolve from sex to love is like watching a caterpillar become a butterfly. In the same way, these men are reborn in each other's arms.

Debut author Ing
Chancellor Fangirl
Apr 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Romance ultimately succeeds or fails on the strength of the couple, and Zach and Liam are marvelous, individually and together. Obviously, they are even better together, because the closeted football player and the openly bi musician end up being so surprisingly right for each other, you can't imagine them with anyone else. And their ups and downs and flaws are written so beautifully, I couldn't help but be sucked into their lives. ...more
Alicia McLachlan
Mar 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"Striking" is the only word I can imagine to sum up ALL THE WAY OUT.

Crafting a passionate college romance that is authentic and heartfelt, debut author Ingrid Sterling has conceived not one, but two deeply satisfying role models befitting contemporary LGBTQ+ culture. Her worlds are rendered with precision, full of sparkling details that pop effortlessly from the page, and a worthy cast of characters you'll adore spending time with.

Themes of self-acceptance weave harmoniously through the cent
Suzy
Mar 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a new author to me, All the Way Out is Zach and Liam story...Zach knows that he always wants to be a NFL player and that he is gay but he also knows that he never can come out, these two truths could not exist. So he started dating in high school and he is determined to never look back.

He and his team when to Rome and in the last night he seeks out one last time being who he really wants to be, so he opens Grindr and looks for a hookup. That night he meets Liam, their night is better th
drew
Apr 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
this was an interesting read? first off, i think Ingrid Sterling is a fabulous writer; i really enjoyed her prose here and will definitely check out whatever she puts out next. that said, i wasn’t enjoying this book all that much for maybe the first third of the story, but after that i really got invested in what was going to happen to these characters.

both of the MCs were kind of... shitheads? in different ways, though, so it took me a while to warm up to both of them. in the end, i couldn’t he
Beatriz Patricio
Mar 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. It’s so raw and real, I could feel the pain and every single emotion of the characters. It was mesmerising.
Zach is living a lie. It’s so damn unfair how the world makes people hide their true self, how they have to live in fear of expressing their selfs, their true beliefs and feelings. And that’s exactly what’s happening with Zach, he’s hiding, silently suffering because of societies ignorance. It breaks my heart and makes me so damn mad.
What started as some fun be
Maria Vickers
Apr 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Zach has his life figured out, but he didn't expect Liam to show up on campus after their one-night stand that happened in another country. Their journey isn't easy, and there are more than one cringe-worthy moment.

Okay, I am going to say this. I've gone back and forth on this one between 3.5 stars and 4 stars, but I finally settled on 4 because overall, I loved this story and found myself constantly cheering for them. There are some issues that made me lose some respect for Zach, but he did in
Annie (Annie's Readingtips)
Mar 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sports, lgbtqia
I absolutely LOVED this adorable, gripping and heart-warming m/m romance about a closeted star football player having to choose between risking his whole career or being brave enough to reveal his most vulnerable self for a chance of true love and happiness.

Already in his early teens, Zach was absolutely sure about three things: 1) he wanted to play football at the highest levels of college and pro ball, 2) he was gay, and 3) those two truths could never exist concurrently. So Zach settled for a
Ian
Apr 04, 2021 rated it liked it
I'm... unconvinced. ...more
Wangari
Apr 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
I am not sure why I started this and the first 20% was not good but then it was sooooo sweet. I loved Zach so much and honestly, it was all I wanted. Loved it.
Cheryl
Mar 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: acr
Thank you for the ARC read, I voluntarily give this book an honest review.  Zach was about to take a chance while in Rome, (it kinda reminded me of the saying what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas) with a reinstalled app a connection is made. Only the concept was for that connection to stay in Italy. Laim had transferred to the same school as his closeted hookup only it was going to be hard to stay just a hookup when the chemistry between them was so high up, just one sad little detail here was Z ...more
Cathy Brockman
Apr 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Zack has his life mapped out. He is all set for the NFL draft , a championship senior collegiate season, even the perfect life of a wife, children and fancy house soon inthe future.
Except part of this is a lie. He has a beautiful girlfriend any man would envy, plus she is Catholic and wants to save herself until marriage which works in that perfect dream and the lie.
Zach’s coach surprises the team with an Italian vacation before thier senior year starts. The last night of the trip is open curfe
Amy Dufera - Amy's MM Romance Reviews
All The Way Out is an amazing debut novel by Ingrid Sterling. As a lover of sports romances, I find this one to be absolutely riveting and perfectly charming.

I really love this book. Everything about it works for me. But, yes, I am probably biased as it's about a closeted athlete. Love this trope!

Zach's a closeted college athlete with a long time girlfriend, Rebecca. The reader knows early on this relationship with Rebecca is for show only. One can easily feel how unattached they are. So, yes,
Deanna Murphy
Apr 01, 2021 rated it liked it
I kind of feel like I'm the bad guy because I'm rating this book three stars. The author did her thing, and I give her mad respect for all her time, energy, and soul she put into writing this. My review is purely a reflection of my ability to connect with, and enjoy the story. This book just didn't sit well with me. I found myself struggling with my feelings towards both MC's. There were things I enjoyed throughout the story, but there were also some things that really ruffled my feathers. It's ...more
Lakerkat
Apr 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Joyfully Jay
Apr 01, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: veronica
A Joyfully Jay review.

All the Way Out is a typical college athlete coming-out story. I’ve read many, and enjoy them, which was one reason I chose this story. Another huge reason I picked this book for review is that Northwestern is my alma mater. I am also a big college sports fan, and have been for literally decades. I have two children who are/were Division 1 athletes, as was my husband. So, I have a lot of insider insights into the setting and set up of this story, and all of those
Sarita Chapdelaine
Mar 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is a great story with wonderful characters and an intriguing storyline. Zach is trying so hard to be the person that everyone expects him to be but not being true to himself is slowly wearing away at him. He knows that being out will change the way everyone feels about him and may end his NFL career before it even has a chance to start. Liam is starting over in a new country and a new school after he has to leave his previous school. They are both shocked when Liam turns up in one of Zach's ...more
Jerri
Apr 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was kind of a hard read for me right now. I wanted Zach and Liam to have a happily ever after from the very beginning. They really had to work for it.

Rome sounded wonderful. The text was very descriptive and seemed so authentic. Liam fit into it so well. It was a very hot interlude, and felt like it was more than just a hookup.

Back on campus, Zach was larger than life as the star quarterback, and was comfortable with it. His fear of discovery was completely understandable! He had so much ri
Ida Umphers
Apr 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Your heart will break for both of these guys before this book is over and you'll be rooting for them the whole time as well. Zach thinks he knows exactly how his life is going to play out and what he needs to do to achieve his football dreams. Then, one night when he is out of the country he decides to be himself. Nothing from one night could derail his carefully crafted life, right? Well...I absolutely loved Liam in this story. Zach doesn't make it easy for him, but he hangs in there and behave ...more
E.Muddle
Apr 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
All the Way Out is a beautiful, heartfelt new adult coming out novel. It’s nothing I haven’t seen before: the closeted jock who can’t come out or he risks ruining his career, and the secret hookup who ends up capturing his heart. But it’s still engaging and very well-written with wonderfully complex characters. Liam is just trying to move on and heal from his past, and Zach is struggling with having to hide his true self. It’s a beautiful journey as they go from a bit of fun and passion to an in ...more
Debbye Campbell
Good story... needs a bit of editing

I really liked this story and on that basis alone it would have been a 4-4.5 star read. However, there were so many typos and so many unnecessary words that it was distracting to the pace of the book. I feel like the author wanted to increase her word count so she just inserted words she found in a thesaurus in every other sentence. The book would have benefited from a stronger edit.
I believe this is the author’s debut novel, so I am chalking up any errors on
Sarah R
Apr 01, 2021 marked it as to-read
LibraryThing Early Reviewers

April 1, 2021: Happy Book Birthday to All the Way Out! I can't wait to read this book.
Order your copy here on Amazon | Barnes & Noble

*Review copy received from the publisher via LibraryThing in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!*
Janet Hunt
Apr 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It was a good story. Zach is a closeted football player. When in Rome he uses a hookup app and meets Liam. It’s the best night of his young life. Once back home he sees Liam in one of his college classes. Liam agrees to keep his secret. I like the story but didn’t feel it so much. It felt like it dragged in places and moved slowly. I’m voluntarily reviewing from an advanced copy that I received.
Jeffrey Marks
Apr 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A great romance with some interesting takes on issues going on today. Definitely a recommendation for characters and plot. (Note: I received a copy of this from a Library Thing giveaway.)
Elisa
Apr 06, 2021 rated it did not like it
Please, don't rely on Google Translate when you choose to use a foreign language in your books!
Liam is supposed to be fluent in italian... ehm, he is not!
Kaki Duenner
Apr 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great book. The depth of the characters along with the plot made it such a good read that I couldn’t put it down. Seriously. Once I started reading I didn’t put it down until I finished! Can’t wait to see what Ingrid Sterling does next. I already miss Liam and Zach. I’m obsessed with them and would love a sequel as I know they will do big things in the future!
Apr 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with Zach and Liam as they fell in love with each other. A warm blanket of a book, I never wanted it to end.
Nicoleta Minculescu
Apr 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
New author to me but I can say that this was good. Very good. I would have liked it more steamy but considering it was NA it was ok. In the beginning I loved Liam (I confess I have a soft spot for artsy bohemian , mysterious and a little femme characters) but by the end I adored Zach more. He was honest and decided and brave - much more than Liam. I like sports romances and this was one of the best.
never2early4icecream
Apr 07, 2021

• The Jock
  • Bossy
  • Headstrong (Vino & Veritas, #3)
  • Show Me (Extracurricular Activities #3)
  • Fandom (Famous, #3)
  • The Boy Who Loved Wicked
  • Coddiwomple
  • Right as Raine (Aster Valley #1)
  • Breakaway
  • Sheriff's Secret (Brigs Ferry Bay, #1)
  • Distorted (Alabaster Penitentiary, #1)
  • The Right One
  • The Endless Road to Sunshine
  • Schooling the Jock (Nerds vs Jocks, #1)
  • Dirty Forty (Friendship and Desire #1)
  • The Man Who Hated Ned O'Leary (Dig Two Graves #2)
  • Clean Slate (The Goode Life, #1)
  • Goal Lines & First Times (CU Hockey, #3)