Start by marking “All For Mother” as Want to Read:
All For Mother

All For Mother

A domestic life thriller that takes you on a turbulent ride through the depths of the human psyche.

I don’t know what to say except I’m in crisis. I’m mad and I’m angry. I feel trapped. I wish I could erase the person that I am …

After the death of the family patriarch, Ash heads home to help take care of mother. Days and weeks pass; a temporary arrangement turns into an ine
Paperback
Published November 26th 2020

To ask other readers questions about All For Mother, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All For Mother

Start your review of All For Mother
Fleur
Dec 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
I really liked how you knew something had gone down within the family earlier in Ash's life but you didn't know what and it was overshadowing everything Ash does and appeared the family are always judging Ash as well. You feel the tension and almost desperation rising in Ash in regard to dear mother, along with Ash's attraction to Joel and while you get Ash feels that there is an obligation to look after mother I really just want to shake Ash and yell "leave, just leave and live your life". Yes ...more
Julie
Nov 11, 2020 rated it liked it
I was given an ARC copy in return for my honest review.

Although written well, I had a hard time with the majority of this book. It was slower than I had expected. I will say it had its twists and turns and it was definatley unlike anything I have ever read. The saving grace for me with this book is the ending chapter. There are no words for how amazed and completely thrown I was in those last moments. I do recommend this book to anyone who enjoys psychological thrillers. It was written well and
Charli Jeffries
Nov 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Here is the thing I'm being completely honest here, im not a psychological/ domestic thriller reader. I love legal thrillers but that's about the extent of my thriller reading. So when I started this I had mediocre expectations I wasn't expecting to like it.
BUT I did. All For Mother is a very relatable experience of looking after an elderly relative. I could easily put myself in the shoes of the main character Ash and this is where the good writing comes in. The story flowed rather slowly at fi
Jen
Nov 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
'All for Mother' is a slow build psychological thriller that will keep the candle burning well into the morning light. 5 stars! ...more
Victoria Ellis
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Twists & turns I never saw coming...

K. Moore’s second novel is a domestic thriller that will keep you guessing until the very last page. It’s a constant guessing game, who is the evil one here? Just when you think you know...

You realize you have no idea.

I read an ARC of All for Mother, it was given to me in exchange for an honest review.

Cathylynn
I do not think that I have read anything that suprised me like this with such a twist in a while. I love the story and the characters, the way K. Moore told this story was just amazing. I was in the edge of my seat, this is one of those stories that just plays out in its own time. It is a fantastic read and hit home with me with the elderly parent to watch after. Highly recommended.

Billie
Nov 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a brilliant read.
Wonderful well written plot and story line that had me engaged from the start.
Love the well fleshed out characters and found them believable.
Great suspense and action with wonderful world building.
Can't wait to read what the author brings out next.
Recommend reading.

I read a complimentary advance copy of the book; this is my voluntary and honest review.
Sharon
Dec 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some unexpected twists and turns in this plot that is a delightful read. A lot of emotion and hard hitting at times due to the subject matter. My first time reading this author and I am so pleased that I gave this book a chance, well worth the read.

VMChick
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was so lucky to get an early copy of the latest novel by K. Moore. This book is a compelling read, with amazing plot twists that keep you guessing until the end. The subject matter is hard, gritty, and very topical. The real question is will you love or hate mother?
Sophie Ruthven
Dec 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was a fast paced reader that will keep you guessing after the last page.
Although I struggled with the characters at times and the significance of the plot doesn't make sense to the end, I still found myself madly turning pages to try make sense of what was going on.
Reccomend for those looking to be confused by a read when short on time.
Tracy
Nov 08, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Totally wasn't expecting things to go the way they did. I thought for sure I knew what would happen, but I was way off. Also, the ending is WHOA. Unexpected. ...more
Carol Deegan
Nov 05, 2020 rated it liked it
I was disappointed in this book. The first 75% of the book was boring and tedious, and I skipped over a lot of the narrative. The ending was a shock, and somewhat redeemed the book. I received a free ARC of this book. All opinions expressed are my own.
Leila
Nov 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was beyond excited to receive an early copy of All for Mother by K. Moore. This is a compelling novel and I was enthralled until the very last page. The subject matter is raw, real and emotional. With amazing plot twists I did not see coming.
And I wonder will you love or hate mother? A fantastic domestic thriller which will have you captivated throughout.
Nancy Hayes
Nov 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lots of sympathy for Ash as the story unfolds, the issue of roles reversed with child now taking care of parent. Ash has issues within the family & has been estranged for many years until the death of Ash’s father, Ash hopes to reconnect with mom since the break was due to not seeing eye to eye with dad. Ash stays with mom to assist her after breaking her foot, it’s a good thing for Ash as well with no job currently.
A big twist puts new light on the entire story. All the conceptions of Ash that
A.D. McCammon
Sep 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just finished doing a beta read on this one. If you love psychological thrillers, you should definitely check out All For Mother.

K. Moore’s writing is incredible. She truly knows how to pull you into a story. I felt everything Ash was feeling while reading.

And that ending. Wow. The twist you never saw coming is what makes a great thriller, and K. Moore nailed it.
Shannon O'Connor
Nov 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
***I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review.***

I have to say this book was not for me. It was very slow paced in the beginning and it felt like i was reading the same chapter over and over. I wanted to like it, I hoped I would but I almost gave up on this book so many times. I was very disappointed in how slow it was. It took up until halfway through the book to get interested. And then every time I thought it was going somewhere the pace would drop. But then towards the end it picks
Mar 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaway-winners
The patriarch of the family has died and Ash returns home for the funeral. Bereft, Mother needs help adjusting to life at home without Father. Hoping to repair their relationship, Ash volunteers to stay and assist.

Unfortunately, an injury causes Mother to need a full-time caregiver. Ash is recruited to provide long-term aid. As Mother becomes needier and dementia begins to show, life for Ash becomes more difficult.

A role reversal of Mother and child is the backbone of this novel. What it means
Nicole
Nov 28, 2020 rated it it was ok
This wasn’t for me ... I found it a bit slow and difficult to get into. I’ll admit, the ending was quite a surprise. I wish the rest of the book would’ve have a bit more momentum.
Sandy
Amber
Alex Runowski
Tisha Eiler
Jan 03, 2020

• Party of Two (The Wedding Date, #5)
  • In The Clearing
  • No Bad Deed
  • The Court of Miracles (Court of Miracles, #1)
  • The Art of Losing
  • The Last Flight
  • My Calamity Jane (The Lady Janies, #3)
  • Good Girl, Bad Blood (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #2)
  • A Burning
  • The Socialite
  • 28 Summers
  • A Song of Wraiths and Ruin (A Song of Wraiths and Ruin, #1)
  • Things We Say in the Dark
  • You Can't Catch Me
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
  • The Suicide House (Rory Moore/Lane Phillips, #2)
  • The Wife Who Knew Too Much
  • The Moonglow Sisters
K. Moore lives on the Sunshine Coast, Australia and can be found often wandering its foreshore and beaches with her Karelian bear dog named Hathor. She’s an avid reader, hiker, and CrossFit enthusiast. If you manage to locate a decent bottle of gin and a chair at the bar, she might be convinced to regale you with tales of her global travels. Without the gin, you’ll have to find the evidence within ...more