Start by marking “Capturing Fate (Fatal Truth, #2)” as Want to Read:
Capturing Fate (Fatal Truth, #2)

Capturing Fate

(Fatal Truth #2)

Can love untangle a web of lies and expose the truth?

A loner with a mysterious childhood…

FBI agent Dolan Watts is no stranger to pain. From his childhood spent in foster care, to his daily grind of hunting down hardened criminals, pain has been the one constant through the years. It carved out gut feelings he can trust to solve cases in record time. Until now. Confronted b
Published January 28th 2021 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about Capturing Fate, please sign up.
Abbie Roads Yes! I just put the paperback up for order on Amazon! Thanks for asking! Sorry I didn't see your question until just now! …moreYes! I just put the paperback up for order on Amazon! Thanks for asking! Sorry I didn't see your question until just now! (less)

Start your review of Capturing Fate (Fatal Truth, #2)
Abbie Roads
Jan 08, 2021 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)

Capturing Fate

~Imaginary Friend

~Sexy Therapist

~Long Distance Love

~Good vs Evil

Paperback Available Now!
Ebook coming 1/28/21

“…it’s like watching an amazing movie or tv show because the action is so incredible and the romance is on point.” Courtney, Goodreads review

“…heart-wrenching, chilling…” Kat, Goodreads review

“…paranormal, romantic suspense, with a dash of psychotic thriller…” Carole, Goodreads review

“…a beautiful but difficult love story. …creepy Island of Dr M
Paula  Phillips
Apr 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
At the end of Book #1 in this series, we read as Cain Killion and Mercy were finally able to get their HEA ending. Book #2 is told not as a sequel but as an alongside novel as we read some crossover in Capturing Fate that was talked about in Fatal Truth like the shootings at the Institute where Mercy was being held and Liz - who was like Cain's maternal figure was killed and where we learned about the Doctor. In Capturing Fate we are introduced to two characters Dolan Watts who is an FBI agent a ...more
Allyson Abu-Hajar
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I was so engulfed with this story! It's a taunt, fast-paced, thrilling, twisted read! I loved it!

Dolan Watts is an FBI agent, undercover as a corrections officer looking to find the source of a leak. When he spots a prison psychiatrist walking with the infamous serial killer, he notes they are headed to a place inmates aren't supposed to be taken, he takes action.

As he reaches the target area, he sees a woman burst out of a room, fleeing, and confronts the two he went after realizing his ta
Courtney
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Omg this was intense!!! I could not stop reading once I started because from the previous books I knew Dolan’s story was going to be even more intense and epic. From the previous book we see glimpses of Dolan and how he is handling things within the FBI over a case he can’t tell anyone about. Dolan is searching for the love of his life and even if they only had a small amount of time together they knew instantly they were made for each other. Daughter has had her ups and downs but when she meets ...more
Kat
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Abbie Roads has done it again.

As usual, Roads has nailed it. Capturing Fate is a heart-wrenching, chilling read that had me thinking about what it means to be human. What makes people who they are? Nature vs nurture? And what kind of power does love hold.

This story picks up after Saving Mercy, following the story of Dolan and Daught. Straight away, you knew it was going to be a bumpy ride for them... their connection was so palpable you just knew it couldn't possibly be that easy.

But man, I did
Picky_Book_B1tch
This book was a rough start for me. The writing felt choppy and incomplete and I had a very hard time following the story. Things smoothed out towards the middle and I was able to enjoy the story, which had a uniqueness that I appreciated. The H/h were fairly typical and I found myself wanting more depth from them and the ending was all a bit cliche, tame and a bit fairytale-ish, for me.

All in all, I will probably pick up one in her other series to see how it grabs me.
Ireadromancetoescape
Jan 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC exchange for honest review.
This story is called Capturing Fate, but it captured me from the beginning I couldn't stop reading. Mrs. Abbie Roads you wrote an amazing book. The best way to describe this series is combination of paranormal and suspense. You will be surprised on the twists and secrets uncovered that I didn't see coming.
This book kept me thinking plot twist. Sorry no spoilers you have to pick up this book. Abbie has a great talent for writing and defenitely going
Katie Mettner
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Capturing Fate was one of those books that you didn't want to end, but yet, you did. Let me explain. Dolan and Daught were meant-to-be, but they were also rather 'star-crossed lovers' for the majority of the book. They sought each other, but they rarely were with each other. You knew, at the end in one way, whether in life or in death, they would be together.

Dolan was the most unusual man Daught had ever met. She knew immediately that there was something different about this FBI agent when he s
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
CAPTURING FATE is the second book in the Fatal Truth series, although it could be read as a standalone. I say could because if you do, you're missing out on another 5-star read!

This novel had me confused slightly, to begin with, simply because of the timeline. I 'presumed' it would start after book one finished, but it didn't. It actually runs parallel to book one for most of it but gives you a completely different viewpoint.

And what a viewpoint it was. This book is such a gripping read. The big
Mary Brannian
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Capturing Fate Abbie Roads

""Instead of the end of something, this feels like the beginning of something." Snake’s tongue flicked against Dolan’s neck. "Something bad."" - Snake

Dolan Watts was an FBI agent; a good one. Undercover was his calling, but lately an undefined emotion was bothering him... Something creeping... An itch he couldn't scratch, a sight he couldn't see, a sound he couldn't hear... If only he could remember his traumatic past... Events unfold that has Dolan questioning his ver
Angi
Jan 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
Goodness gracious me. Talk about intense, on the edge of your seat, keep turning pages to find out what happens. Yeah, that's what happens in this book.

This is NOT ... I repeat NOT a happy go lucky, cutesy romance. No siree. This is a knock your socks off, heart pumping, breathing heavy, fingernail biting paranormal, psycho killer, romantic thriller. Or thrilling romance. Yeah ... all of that.

Abbie captured my attention with her first release, Race the Darkness (if you haven't read it ... go n
Carole
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Capturing Fate, by Abbie Roads, is a paranormal, romantic suspense, with a dash of psychotic thriller thrown in the mix kinda book. From the very first chapter I was drawn into this unbelievably twisted plot that had me scratching my head while trying to speed read to get answers to all my questions.

This masterpiece took me on a literary journey unlike any other. I found myself so immersed in the words on the pages, that it felt as if I was right there with Dolan and Daughter (and boy do I wish
Cindy
Jan 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
If you've read the first book in the series, Saving Mercy, you should know that this book takes place before, during and after the timeline of that book. Its about at the half way point of this book before things catch up to the start of SM. That was a little confusing at first. With that said it was still a great paranormal read and finally getting Dolan and Daught's history and love story was both heartbreaking and thrilling. It was interesting to see how the two couples lives were connected i ...more
Hannah
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I love Abbie Roads! Saving Mercy (the first book of this series) is my favorite of Abbie's books....Capturing Fate gives Saving Mercy a run for its money. This duo are now tied for favorite.
This book can be read independently from Saving Mercy. Time line wise it takes place before, during, and after the events of Saving Mercy. So really, I think of you read one you should read the other. But read Saving Mercy first otherwise you get spoilers.
Dolan and Daught have a beautiful but difficult love
Sharon Roush
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what can I say but Wow!! I believe this is the best book written by Abbie Roads, and yet she hasn't written a bad book yet. The beginning had me scratching my head but I promise you it all comes together. It even answers some questions from a previous book if you pay attention. Again I say great book. ...more
Melanie Maloney
Jan 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Hang on readers because you are in for one crazy ride!!

Dolan and Daughter’s story is one of instant connection. One a psychologist born from a serial killer, one has an imaginary Snake friend. I can’t even describe the rest without giving it away. All I can say is if you loved Saving Mercy then Capturing Fate will be a damn delight!
Ember Daley
Jan 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So... yeah... about this book, just go read it. Oh my goodness. I haven’t read the first book, and I don’t really feel like I missed anything, but I’m definitely going back to read it!! I really hope there are more books coming!!
Karen Gabriel
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a great story. It kept me fascinated and wanting to know what would happen next with each turn of the page. The only hiccup I had was chapter 6 I had to read the first three pages, three times before I just decided I was missing something, shrugged my shoulders, skipped it, and moved on. I adored the ending. No spoilers!
Laura Baird
Aug 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story! Intricate, intriguing plot with such an emotional element. Steamy romance the characters truly had to work for. Will look forward to more work by Abbie!
Michelle Diaz
Jan 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A fast paced romantic thriller that I finished in two days! This book reminds me of a Criminal Minds episode. This book is the second in the series and can be read as a stand alone.
Sara Oxton
Feb 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Capturing Fate by Abbie Roads an intense and interesting five-star read. This is number two in the Fatal Truth series, but they can be read as stand-alone, they do cross over as the timeline of this story encompasses the other, you will get a couple of spoilers but if you dot mind that you don’t need to have read Saving Mercy first, but you may want to go back and read it. This one is a little more crazy and when you read it you will understand what I mean, its mega crazy, but its also mega good ...more
Jan 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Adventure!!

This was non stop in your face crazy from start to finish. I love the combination of paranormal and suspense. This one had a twist I sure didn’t see coming.
A serial killers daughter and a man with a past he can’t remember.

I’ve been waiting for Dolan and Daughters book for a while now and it was so worth the wait. If you haven’t read Saving Mercy your gonna want to go back and read it the events run parallel with this book.

I’m sorry. I never should have made us wait two year
Danielle Dando
Feb 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
Daughter Dawson is a psychologist who knows very little about her past, being adopted when she was younger with the express rule that she keep the name Daughter, (which if you ask me is a really crappy name, but there you go, she’s stuck with it for the rest of her life) she is at a loss as to where she came from and who her parents are. Quite early on, however, the bombshell of all bombshells is dropped in Daughter’s lap and literally blows her world apart, her father happens to be a serial kil ...more
Roxsanne Lesieur
Mar 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Daughter Dawson is a clinical psychologist with her own practice and a loving family backing up her every decision, but that all changes when she goes for a job interview at a prison where she is trapped in a room with someone and a secret is revealed that she cannot believe and then she is sworn to secrecy and is threatened with severe repercussions if it is revealed. Dolan Watts is an FBI agent with a haunted past, he has grown up in foster care feeling that he can only rely on himself and tha ...more
CalReads
May 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4/ 5

This book made me call my whole rating system into question.

Honestly, I’ve always parsed it out to be like this:

5⭐️: Exceptional, seminal, immediate re-read to figure out how the author did that.
4⭐️: Great book, solid read, would recommend.
3⭐️: Some issues, had potential
2⭐️: Problematic AF, no thanks.
1⭐️: This is garbage.

And with this book, I wavered HARD between a 3 and 4. In the end, I decided on a 4, because despite some of the flaws… this was a great, compelling book. If
Eclectic
May 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Capturing Fate picks up where Saving Mercy left off, but this time the story explores the mysterious loner, FBI Agent, Dolan Watts, and the deadly secrets he uncovers about the notorious Creator.

Dolan has been a loner ever since he was discovered at five years old covered in blood then put in the foster care system. He copes with things by talking to his imaginary friend Snake. And he doesn’t like to follow rules which gets him into trouble as an FBI agent. Then he meets the beautiful and kind p
Laeeqah Ebrahim
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Kahea
***5 ‘Snake’ Stars***

I’ve been waiting for Dolan and Daught’s story for a long LONG time and the author did not disappoint. This was a crazy ride from start to finish and there were quite a few “W.T…?!?!” that came out of my mouth, but I was hooked until the very end.

I loved Dolan and Daughter aka Daught. They are resilient, determined and have a code of honor and sense of loyalty that drew me in. They also have murky pasts that, as they come to light, make them even more amazing for all tha
Angela Shirley
Feb 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ibbb-reviews
When your job is mainly based on instincts and you then start doubting it, can you carry on and find the evil that you are trying to find.

Dolan Watts is an FBI agent with a history but that history pushes him to be able to understand the minds of some of the evilest criminals until now. This new case is different and will he be able to push back the physiological aspect and get on with his work but this one likes to mind games so he needs to ask for help but will he be able to keep it profession
Cat
May 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about Abbie Roads' Capturing Fate. It will be a hard book to write a review on, however, because I don't want to spoil any of it.

In short, Dolan Watts is an FBI agent keeping his eye on an incarcerated serial killer, who seems to be heavily influencing copycat crimes from his prison cell. His work brings him into the orbit of psychologist Daughter Dawson, who is herself connected to the killer. Their attraction is instantaneous, but fate intervenes. The bulk of the remaining s
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Goddess of Everything
  • Electric Temptation (The Protectors, #5)
  • Jinxed (Hell on Heels, #2)
  • Bound by Secrets (Deadly Isles Special Ops, #2)
  • Hungry Business
  • Stormy's Thunder (Satan's Devils MC Utah #2)
  • Seconds (Internet Famous, #6)
  • Athalie (Sacrificial Chronicles, #1)
  • Five-Alarm Christmas : A Novella
  • Witness: An Ash Park Novel (Volume 9)
  • Echoes--(Lucifer and the dark goddess book 1)
  • Corporate Christmas
  • A Hole (Alpha Bet Guys, #1)
  • The Nearness of You
  • Twisted Secrets (Deadly Isles Special Ops #1)
  • The SEAL's Temptation (Wounded Hearts #7)
  • Peaceful Slumber (Soul Connection, #1)
  • Thunder On The Moor (Thunder On The Moor, #1)

Fatal Truth (2 books)
  • Saving Mercy (Fatal Truth, #1)