Start by marking “Cyn & the Peanut Butter Cup (The Ampersand Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Cyn & the Peanut Butter Cup (The Ampersand Book 1)

Cyn & the Peanut Butter Cup (The Ampersand Book 1)

Kindle Edition
Published January 12th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Cyn & the Peanut Butter Cup, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cyn & the Peanut Butter Cup

Start your review of Cyn & the Peanut Butter Cup (The Ampersand Book 1)
2OCC Reviews
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marie
This book will remain in my memories as my first read of 2021 after the year that was, well, you know. It was such a GREAT book to start the year with, it was an absolutely entertaining, quirky, delightful story with a little surprise suspense. I was invested from the start and got more devoted to the characters and their stories as I read.

Pru Warren’s character development is outstanding. Maddy, Cyn and Rhys were all relatable and all of them stolen a piece of my heart. The storyline was someti
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Jan 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What an utterly adorable story. I was charmed from the first page to that last. This is a funny, quirky story that will take you on a journey into intrigue, danger and falling in love. Their meeting was unconventional but Cyn and Rhys were destined to be together. Madcap Maddy stole the show in this story. Maddy has dementia but her charm and zeal for life is admirable. Her moments of lucidness are fascinating and insightful. Get ready to laugh and fall in love with these characters.
Erin Lewis
Jan 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
4.5 star Review Cyn & The Peanut Butter Cup (The Ampersand Series #1) by Pru Warren

Pru Warren is a new author to me and I am surprised I have not come across her books before. I was intrigued when I read the blurb for Cyn & The Peanut Butter Cup and couldn’t wait to read it.

This was an entertaining, funny read that had me laughing out loud on numerous occasions. All the main characters, Maddy, Cyn and Rhys were likeable and easy to relate too and I adored Maddy.

Maddy is slightly senile so she
Laurie
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
"Cyn and the Peanut Butter Cup" by Pru Warren was one of the most unique stories I've read in quite some time, and it was difficult for me to put it down once I started reading. I adored this hilariously funny, sweet story, which featured endearing characters and an engaging plot that kept me guessing until the very end.

Main characters Cynthia (Cyn) Quimby and FBI Special Agent Rhys Jones were in for a wild ride as they tried to figure out why so many people were after Cyn's patient, Maddy, a
Mc Chanster
Excellent. Just… excellent.

Maddy is 93 years old and has dementia. Her caretaker, Cyn (Cynthia) adores her and does her damnedest to care for the older woman like her own family. When an unfortunate incident occurs including a shopping cart, a gun, and an accidental shooting, FBI agent Rhys Jones is suddenly thrust in into their lives. The attraction between him and Cyn is undeniable, but just as their relationship begins to develop, things go sideways once again and they’re all taken on an adve
Lindsy
Feb 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
First book I have read by Pru Warren and first in a new series.
I was intrigued by this story from a few blurbs I had previously read. I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to get an ARC of it. To be honest though I thought the writing style was a little weird and I found myself skimming paragraphs as I read.
This story hooks you from the beginning but can be a little confusing as the story progresses. Towards the end especially the shooting scene had so many characters that I was having a
Shoppermom
Jan 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
By definition, a rom-com should include romance and comedy. Check! Should it involve characters that endear themselves to you right off the bat? This one most certainly does. Should it involve heart-stopping suspense? This one surprisingly does. (Spoiler alert for wimps like me: the scary parts turn out okay!) Should it involve a most interesting secondary character who the author's website indicates just might make an appearance in an upcoming sequel? Super check!
I fell in love with batty Ma
Gwen Stockbrudge
Wow what a story! Twists and turns around every corner. From the beginning, the characters are very realistic, and some are totally relatable to me, mother with dementia, the daughter (Belinda) that feels inadequate at times and has glimpses of what her mother (Maddy) and what their relationship once was.
Cyn is good hearted and keeps things close inside so she doesn’t inconvenience anyone. She feels that she is an outsider in her own body, at times, but would bend over backward to help those cl
Thelma and Louise Book Blog
Jan 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing

Maddy is slightly senile so she
Vicki
Jan 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Cyn & the Peanut Butter Cup was...amazing. I absolutely adored this debut novel by Pru Warren.

Cyn has been the live in caretaker for Maddy since her ex blindsided her with divorce papers after his mothers death. Caring for Maddy is always an adventure...but things become even more crazy when Maddy jumps into the shopping cart of FBI agent Rhys and manages to both charm him and put him in a compromising position.

Things begin to turn crazy when Maddy and Cyn find themselves on a high stakes advent
Sheila Schoenauer
Jan 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
What an interesting book! It was fun, crazy, and laugh out loud weird. That didn't stop me from loving it! I loved Cyn and Rhys but Maddie is the star of this book. She is so sweetly adorable and constantly optimistic. She easily put a smile on everyone's face.

While I enjoyed this book it wasn't until chapter 15 that I became fully invested. It wasn't until then that I laughed with shock and confusion. There is so much going on that you want answers too. Before then I thought the book was good
Judy Samson
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Cyn & the Peanut Butter Cup by Pru Warren
You will experience many laugh out loud moments reading this funny, suspenseful & intriguing story that keeps you flipping through the pages to the end. Cyn’s reason for becoming a caretaker for Mandy was sad, but I found Cyn’s perspective on Maddy’s short term memory loss/dementia refreshing and sweet. It was obvious Maddy lived life to the fullest and enjoyed adrenalin rushes throughout her 93 years. Much of the confusion leads to the romance between C
Colleen
Jan 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
If you like your romance with a little bit of adventure and humor then this is the book for you. Rhys and Cyn have instant chemistry and thankfully they have Maddy to help them get together. This story has an awesome older lady with a memory problem, a hot FBI agent who really should be an artist and Cyn who is beyond smart but is getting over a bad divorce.

I liked the fast pace and the adventure that ensues throughout the book. There were a few times I wanted to smack Cyn out of it but she real
Adena Lee
Feb 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book is a riot! It begins with a totally improbable and utterly hilarious introduction of the title characters (read the book to find out why he's the Peanut Butter Cup) but the star of the book is our lovably charming and friendly-to-everyone-except-one Madcap Maddy. Who else could fall into the highway scene in this book and come out of it as the unofficial mascot of various police precincts in Maryland, Connecticut and Pennsylvania? (Just read the book!) I made the mistake of starting th ...more
Jamie Cha
Feb 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
I received a free ecopy of the book from Voracious Readers Only. It is a sweet book. The chapters are very endearing.

The book started out as a sweet romance book. However, half way through the book, the book became about something else. It through me for a small loop.

The characters are complicated and kind hearted (for the most part). It is a fairly easy read. Half way through the book, it was harder for me to keep up with plot twists.

I really enjoyed the book in the beginning. The characters we
Emily Utsch
Jan 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-again
Oh my goodness. I need more books in my life like this!!! I think I have found a new author to add to my favorites list! Seriously, it was amazing!!!

It was the perfect romantic comedy (with lots of awesome comedy), with a hilarious mystery, the perfect amount of hotness, and the best old lady ever!!!!

Cyn and PBC had the perfect chemistry!!! It was so lovely to watch them fall in love.

Maddy was the perfect secondary character and I loved how we kept getting to know more about her and her life. No
Toni L
Jan 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
There was nothing that I disliked about this book. The characters were wonderful - quirky, original and full of life. The story was interesting and engaging and for a first time author was outstanding quality. This book had my emotions overflowing. From happiness to joy to anger to worry - it's all there. I think we can all benefit from a little Maddie mantra in our lives. There is a bonus epilogue available at the end that really closes off any lose ends you may feel and I appreciated this. Loo ...more
BecW
Mar 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome!! The title was intriguing but gosh, this was everything! Romance, humour, action all packed in one. Loved ALL the characters. Pru has this amazing writing style that keeps you interested and eventhough you get to look at the events from the each of the main characters' perspectives, it doesn't get repetitive, boring or corny. Definitely a writer to look out for and one of favourites now. This book got me smiling and chuckling to myself the entire time. Thanks to VoraciousR ...more
Reading  In the  Red Room
This is book one in the Ampersand series. Cyn seams like a hot mess of a woman who is a care taker of a woman who has dementia. I think She wishes she had her life together more then she really does. Rhys is a a FBI agent that is now Entangled in An adventure with Cyn. Maddy is the woman Cyn is supposed to be be taking care of. I belIeve the story of this book has great premise and I enjoyed The idea of the book. Unfortunately the book was very long in parts and really dragged for me.
Cindy Fong
Jan 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Gladys
Jan 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book is a zany escapade fueled by humor, heart and suspense. I found it very easy to get pulled into this read. The characters are likable and the writing is solid. Cyn and Rhys made a great couple, that I found impossible not to root for. The chemistry they shared shined brightly with every single interaction they had. The mystery and intrigue will keep you on your toes and guessing. I am electing to post a unprejudiced review.
Elizabeth
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This story was so much fun. The romance between Cynthia and Rhys (aka the peanut butter cup) was sooo sweet and lovely and the bits of adventure was fun but the real star of the story was “Madcap” Mandy. I loved her so much. Her joie de vivre and sweet nature was delightful and her “adventures” made me laugh out loud many times. This is a good fun story that I happily and voluntarily reviewed!
Liz
Jan 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Oh where to begin? Cyn & the Peanut Butter Cup (The Ampersand Book 1) was a fun read- it had a lot going on so buckle in & just enjoy the ride.

The characters are unique, especially Maddie & the love story between Cyn & Rhys is a joy to watch come together for a happy ending.

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Doyle MacBrayne
Jan 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Fun, light-hearted mystery with a great romance too

I really adored the characters in this book. Madcap Maddie was my favourite, of course, and I loved how everyone came together and solve the mystery. There were a lot of unexpected twists and the story really hooked me. It is a fun and fast read.
Judy
Jan 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I love this story. Maddy of course is great. She may have dementia, but she gets it together when it counts. Cyn and Rhys were made to be together. I couldn't put this one down. It grabbed me from the first page and kept me intrigued until the last page. There is laughter, mystery, and suspense. What more could you want. This book will leave you with such a good feeling that you'll be sorry when it's over. Definitely a 5 star book. ...more
Zil Nedrub
Feb 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Complimentary copy received from Voracious Readers Only for an honest review.

Great read with appealing characters. Fun, funny, with drama and tenderness galore. Undercurrent of seriousness with the grief of a loved one having dementia.

Now, how do I go about being just like Maddy if i get dementia?? Hell how do I go about being like her now!?

"Live in the moment" = good advice.
Pam
Feb 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow. What an unexpected storyline that involves dementia, mystery, and romance! The author does a brilliant job showing how a person with dementia can act, as well as its effects on those around them. Highly recommend this well-written story!

I received a free ebook via Voracious Readers Only for my honest review.
Sarah Gulyas
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was so cute!! I laughed so hard throughout the whole thing! Who knew a 90 something year old woman could move like that!!!

Cyn and Rhys were so good together. I loved their energy right from the start.

This book had a great story line, great characters and just kept me entertained the whole time.
Demi
Jan 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So fun to read Pru Warren for the first time. I must say the way Cyn and Rhys meet is truly original. Enjoyed the entire adventure! This was an adventure! Maddy is incorrigible, so lovely and a breathe of fresh air. This book is full of fun and love with a touch of adventure! Do not miss!
Meg Preston
Jan 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Cyn & the Peanut Butter Cup is an absolute delight! The story is entertaining and unpredictable; Pru Warren's writing is snappy, happy, clever, and just the right amount of absurd. Can't wait for &2 (which is what I'm calling the second book in the Ampersand series)! ...more

• Dumpster Fire (Life Sucks #3)
  • Hot Stuff
  • Call You Mine (The Baker’s Creek Billionaire Brothers #4)
  • Bad Bridesmaid
  • Tore (Sidewinders: Generations #2)
  • Ruthless (Wolf Ranch, #6)
  • In Flames (Phoenix: LexTal Chronicles Book 2)
  • Like You Love Me (Honey Creek #1)
  • Hard Hit (IceCats #3)
  • Tyrant (King, #2)
  • Hawk (Men of Bird's Eye #1)
  • Rookie Move (Indianapolis Eagles #9)
  • Fighting Dirty (Ice Kings #5)
  • Nanny I Want to Mate
  • Love Like Her (Against All Odds, #3)
  • A Very Friendly Valentine's Day
  • Mistletoe Wishes
  • Waiting for Snow (Sparks in Texas #6)

News & Interviews