Start by marking “Best Laid Plans (Sanctuary #2)” as Want to Read:
Best Laid Plans (Sanctuary #2)

Best Laid Plans

(Sanctuary #2)

Former SEAL Hugh “Heff” Bradley has put aside his womanizing ways to focus on making the Sanctuary a place for veterans in need. He knows how difficult the transition back to civilian life at can be; he’s walked the razor’s edge himself a few times.

His plan: Use his special skills to make the project a reality and stop those trying to sabotage it. That means keeping his h
Kindle Edition
Published October 2020 by Abbie Zanders (first published October 15th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Best Laid Plans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best Laid Plans

Start your review of Best Laid Plans (Sanctuary #2)
Joanne
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having read the first book in this series I knew Heff’s book would be good. The sparks flew between him and Sandy from their first meeting. Nothing is as it seems with this group of guys. Ms Zanders throws quite a few curveballs each time you think you know whats coming! This was a great read and I loved not only watching their story unfold but catching up with old favourites the Callaghan’s and Tori and Brian. This had everything, intrigue love and of course tho sexy Alphas. Great book I can’t ...more
Fiona Fog
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In my top ten reads this year

The care that Abbie delivers in this read was truly remarkable. Having a nephew with high functioning Autism it was like his world playing out as I read. She obviously did her research thoroughly and it showed.

The story was a page turner from start to finish. I couldn’t put it down. The leads Sandy and Heff fantastic characters who you could relate to. Watching the struggle that Sandy faved when surprised with a half brother she knew nothing about and then throw in
Kat Wes
Fantastic Book!

This book is amazing! You think you have it all figured out, then Ms Zanders does what she does best an throws you for a loop. Heff and Sandy are a great couple and you could feel the sparks between them from the first (if you read Protecting Sam first).

This book is book two in the Sanctuary series, but the first is not necessary to follow and enjoy this book completely.
Allena
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not only do we get a great new hero and heroine but Brain McCain and Tori are a part of the story and a couple of cameos was f the Callaghans.

Shattered dreams, small town politics, amazing secondary characters and a storyline that holds your attention.

Loved it all and look forward to the next book in the series.

Jane A
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh wow! I loved this book and fell in love with Heff, he is simply wonderful. I had to keep reading as I couldn’t bear not knowing how Sandy and Heff’s story ended, Abbie Zanders cleverly and beautifully wove their love story keeping the reader in suspense about the outcome until the very end.
Sandy Summers is ready for her time and is desperate for the chance to break out of Sumneyville’s small town world and grasp life in the big city but fate has a habit of not co-operating. Hugh “Heff” Bradle
Susan
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heff and Sandy are absolutely adorable and amazing together.
Abbie has a way of weaving and telling a story that sucks you in.
The author makes you feel like you're there watching their story unfold.
Your on there emotional Rollercoaster with them. Your there cheering them on yelling at them at what you want them to do.
This book will suck you and keep you glued to your seat till you finished the book.
This series has quickly sucked me in and I am having trouble being patient while I wait for th
Leslie
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the stories Abbie Zanders weaves. Her characters are written with such rich details I never have any problems picturing them in my imagination. The stories are well paced and things never bog down by lack of action. I love that previous people drop in for guest visits, so it's like catching up with old friends. I am always delighted to see a new Abbie Zanders book because I know she is going to take me on a grand adventure! ...more
Susan Jordens
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a stunning book which is crammed with content, full of emotion and drama not forgetting romance. The characters are amazing and so likeable. The storyline is perfect for the setting and written with such skill that I connected immediately and could not put the book down. It was also great to meet up again with some old friends too. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and highly recommend it to you.
Lisa Seely
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started this book and just did not want to put it down. There were so many good things about this book: The stunningly gorgeous manwhore just gets side-swiped by his feelings and commitment, Sandy’s brother Kevin, who is autistic (I have a huge soft spot for autistic children and their everyday struggles), and reconnecting with characters from other series. Great book and looking forward to the next book.
Lynn Fearon
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Abbie Zanders has given us another beautifully crafted story ! From the setting to the characters to the story itself , she has a way of putting you right into the center of it all. I love the new characters in this series but it’s also fun to have ‘old friends’ pop in to visit! Loved the storyline ! Can’t wait for more !
Jody
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As always, Abbie Zanders knocked it out of the park with Heff and Sandy’s story!!! I can guarantee you won’t be disappointed in this book! What’s not to love about a group of alpha males/former SEALs? I also loved that there are some cameo appearances made by a few of the Callaghan brothers and their Croie’s! Can’t wait for more books on the other guys from the Sanctuary!!!
Kim Ruiz
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing story. I fell in love with Hugh and Sandy. Abbie Zanders weaves a wonderful story that has everything. Great characters and supporting characters, intrigue, romance and side storylines, all together make for a read you won't want to put down. Definitely recommend reading. I received a free copy of the book and I am voluntarily leaving a review ...more
Amanda Roden
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed getting to know Sandy and Heff. I loved the pace of this book and the twist and turns. I also loved getting to see a couple of old Pine Ridge favorites! I look forward to seeing where this series goes!
LORRIE
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing, hot and sexy romantic suspense. It was great to meet the new family members, but even better to see our favorites
Sandy
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved every minute of this fast paced book. The love story is fantastic with a little excitement along the way. Reminds you that what we wish for is not always what we need.
Staci
ARC COPY FOR HONEST REVIEW

Omg this book started off hot n sexay and never stopped!! Sandy and Heff had an amazing chemistry. My heart went out to Kevin.

HEA RULE!!!!
Nancy Kehl
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hawt, sexy, life changing, emotional, sometimes what you think you want the most is really not what you want, romance that had me laughing, crying and cheering for these 2. Loved it!!💞💞💞
Renee Blankenship
I absolutely love Heff and Sandy! First I want to say that I love the book cover. He looks like Heff’s description and he is swoon material. I admit to spending a lot of time looking at his picture.
I love Abbie’s books. They have great plots with romance, suspense, hot alpha males who are sweet and protective of their family and women.
Abbie is a wonderful writer who brings the plot and characters to life. The book flows well. There are no slow parts. It keeps you interested from beginning to e
Rachael Bromley
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow what a book. Took me a while to get into but in the end I loved Heff and Sandy’s love story. Abbie has managed to write a wonderful love story whilst also introducing some tangled things going on with sandy and her half-brother plus Matt and The Sanctuary and vandalism. Sandy's friendship with Lenny is tested so far as he tries to embellish what happened to someone in his past but then sandy hears the truth and is torn. A job in the city, losing her half brother as his mom comes back, her fr ...more
Country Girl
Nicole
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love reading Abbie Zanders books. Her books overlap with previous characters which I love. I love catching up in past books current happenings. How she brings all her characters seamlessly together is amazing.
Heff is a new kinda character for her in my opinion. Hes a playboy, where sandy is a down to earth girl. How they each go through so many different emotions an changes is an attention holder. How Heff manages to relate to kids, an honestly I really wanted to see him dancing with kids in re
Melanie Marnell
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Count on Abbie Zanders for love stories with intrigue, suspense and some danger. Add in gorgeous, sexy, Alpha men with big hearts and vibrant, intelligent, sassy women and you've got a fabulous book. Heff and Sandy definitely meet all the criteria and included in their story are a couple of delightful special needs boys who will steal your heart. Trying to "live the dream," Sandy realizes "there's no place like home" and Heff finally finds his home again in Sandy.

I love the whole premise behind
Isabella
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heff and Sandy's story is stunning - a mix of hot scenes and Sandy finding her path.

I loved the background stories of The Sanctuary and Happy Trials, and the small almost cameos of some of the callaghan brothers.

In my mind, Heff is a stunning, caring and sexy lead man, whilst Sandy is strong and is trying to live her dreams. Kevin is a lovely addition to Sandy's family.
Michelle Lambert
Love Abbie Zanders!! Love Heff and Sandy! Sandy is dreaming of the day she can leave her hometown and make her mark on New York City. She’s seen nothing of the world. Heff is a former SEAL who’s seen more than his fair share. How would they make this work! And let’s not forget all the roadblocks and shenanigans going on with the Sanctuary! Must read!!
Kasey Belle
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Hugh and Sandy were perfect for each other. Sweet, generous, loving, and hard-headed. The perfect match. I loved seeing the Callaghan clan and friends making an appearance. Action, suspense, humor, and sexy times. Best Laid Plans is a must read. I can't wait to see what happens next in this amazing series. ...more
Rachel
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was such a good read, I had a hard time putting it down. Heff and Sandy are such polar opposites and yet they both needed each other. I particularly loved the friendship that developed between Danny and Kevin. I am going to enjoy watching Sanctuary develop.😁
Liz Sadowsky
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful read! Heff and Sandy are the couple you want to be, so caring and in love. The story is sweet with just the right amount of edge to keep you reading till the end. Thank you Abbie for another fantastic story!
Carmen  Torres
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book. It’s full of action,danger and finding that elusive someone. Abbie Zanders never disappoints. This author is a wonderful storyteller and writes beautiful characters. An excellent read.
Vfc
Struggling to maintain my attention. Perhaps I shall revisit in the future however this isn’t my cup of tea.
Grace
Nov 30, 2020 rated it liked it
Odd man out

## This could've been great IF it hadn't taken so long to get somewhere in the beginning. The book starts with hero and heroine AFTER they had their crazy night in bed. She says "thank you" and he says "you're welcome". That's the extent of their interaction until much later. Each chapter after that describes their individual lives. His life, her life, his life, her life. Nothing with them together until 50%. It was frustrating for sure. That's half the book with her avoiding him and
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Carter (Hope City, #3)
  • Kyle (Hope City, #5)
  • Drew (Lighthouse Security Investigations #4)
  • Ryker (Hope City, #6)
  • Tate (Lighthouse Security Investigations, #6)
  • Brody (Hope City, #4)
  • Blake (Lighthouse Security Investigations, #5)
  • A Hope City Duet (Hope City #1-2)
  • Cas (Heroes at Heart #8)
  • Count On Me (Baytown Boys #12)
  • Gabriel (Guardian Defenders #1)
  • Promises (Kings of Guardian #12.6)
  • Holden's Resurrection (Gemini Group #6)
  • Thanatos (Guardian Security Shadow World Book 4)
  • Our Time (Baytown Boys #11)
  • SEAL Justice (Brotherhood Protectors, #13)
  • Tempest (Guardian Security Shadow World Book 5)
  • Securing Avery (SEAL of Protection: Legacy, #5)
Abbie Zanders is a wife and mother of three (including a set of identical twins), born and raised in the mountains and valleys of Northeastern Pennsylvania. She has a degree in Computer Science with a minor in Mathematics. Though she has spent the last 25+ years developing financial software for healthcare-based companies, she has also held second jobs as a pub waitress, a restaurant dessert baker ...more

Sanctuary (4 books)
  • Protecting Sam (Sanctuary, #1)
  • Shadow of Doubt (Sanctuary, #3)
  • Nick UnCaged (Sanctuary, #4)