Start by marking “Fix It Up (Torus Intercession, #3)” as Want to Read:
Fix It Up (Torus Intercession, #3)

Fix It Up

(Torus Intercession #3)

How will a man who doesn’t believe in fairy tales ever hope to recognize when he’s found the love of a lifetime?

Locryn Barnes knows what it means to be a fixer for Torus Intercession. Torus is the place that people in need turn to for everything from bodyguards to chaperones, and God knows Loc is the kind of man who’d rather play human shield against a bullet than spend e
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 327 pages
Published October 27th 2020 by Self-Published

Start your review of Fix It Up (Torus Intercession, #3)
Wendy
Everyone that knows me, also knows that I love the hell out of Mary Calmes. Her books are some of my most re-read books ... (Matter of Time and Timing series, and let's not forget Marshals).

Now I really liked the first book and I think the second book absolutely rocked. This one though, I felt as something was missing. Now it could be just a case of it's me and not the book. I guess the whole "famous star" did nothing for me. I never really felt as though Nick was some kind of celebrity. I just
Renée

This was more ridiculous than a usual MC book is, and I'm pretty immune to her usual ridiculous. Didn't work.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Nov 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is my favorite of the series so far. I was a little worried, Loc definitely had a reputation and a lot to live up to from the first two books. He never came across as very likeable and I feel any time this is a setup for a future character it doesn’t always work that well.

It worked. Loc was of course, way more than he seemed.

I feel like this book made the most sense to me. The setup. This screamed Fixer. I loved how the story started and Loc got on the job and took care of business.

I love
Santy
I read some mixed reviews about this and as usual decided to disregard and give it a fair chance and ended up loving it! It's my new favorite of the series!!

I enjoyed how Locryn used his previously annoying belligerence to get Nick to turn his life around. It didn't hurt that the process to get Nick on the straight and narrow made me laugh so hard. Nick really was a brat and needed what he got.

I will admit that the drama in the last 20% had me laughing in sheer disbelief but as I said for the pr
Relly
Nov 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-read, 4-stars
Good

4 stars

I enjoyed this one. Here we return to what worked for me in the first book, a bit a time getting to know you before getting together.

I wasn’t sure I was going to like Loc as he came across very badly in the first book, but I loved him. I loved his smart mouth and the fact that he was able to do his job and keep sight of what the goal was, even when Nick was being nasty. When he believed that he had read the situation wrong, I really felt for him.

I also loved Nick, he got himself into
Courtney Bassett
Even before this series was started, I’d noticed that the author often had characters who excelled at fixing things, so this is right up her alley. There’s something so deeply satisfying about seeing the hero come in, take charge, and make everything all better, even if it doesn’t come instantly or easily.

I’d been anticipating this story in particular because Locryn clearly had trust issues, and I’d wondered who would make it past his defenses. I wasn’t expecting how fiery the initial interactio
llv
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, ku, music-musicians
Fix it Up by Mary Calmes

Rating: 3.5 stars
I really enjoyed this book. What brought my rating down a bit is the fact that I spent the whole first half of the book annoyed with Nick and then I spent the whole last half of the book annoyed with Locryn. I’m not really sure the two of them meshed fully as a couple. I also found the drama with Nick’s family a bit over the top. So overall, I did really enjoy the book. I just had a couple of issues with it that bothered me a bit throughout the story.
me hoy minoy
Barb Rooney
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Perfect Craftmanship

My highest rating for superbly developed characters & story line. I would recommend it to anyone concidering it's purchase. It was an immediate reading affair but now it is over in less than a day.
Indus
Oct 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
Sherry
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was ok

I tried! I'm done with this series. The author sticks with the same types of MC's through the series, with little tweaks. While I still really enjoy Jory from Matter of Time, none of the others have met that level for me.
Lina
Nov 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
The first half of the book was very solid and good. However, I did not like how quick things developed during the second part. It was entertaining, but it would be 4 low stars.
Chelsey Nixon
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
#SpoilerWarrior

What.
I just.
That was awful?
I almost want to give it one star, but I reserve one stars for books that I DNF and by the grace of god, I somehow finished this book.
The first 45% or so was so disjointed. I absolutely did not connect to either character that entire time. I liked the housekeeper more than I liked either main character. And it wasnt just dislikability. Their...performances were off. And that’s the only way that I can describe it. Like they were both badly playing their d
Shantel Snider
Nov 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So Sweet w/lots of Spice

Locryn's story was worth the wait. As usual, Loc starts out his growly and grumpy self. When potential new clients come in to interview Torus about hiring them for a job, Loc gets caught yelling and cussing out members of the team. Then, during the interview Loc once again opens his mouth. It's honestly a wonder Jared has been able to place him on jobs, but anyway, I digress. Locryn is chosen for that job, because his unusual brand of honesty is just what they need to get
Dawn Siemer
Nov 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
I loved the other books

Locren Barnes isn't a nice guy. He has walls, and they're spiked. I didn't really like him before, so this book had some work to make him sympathetic. Mostly, it worked.

A young addict rock star isn't sexy to me. It isn't sexy to Barnes either, so he doesn't even think the guy is hot until a third of the way through the book. Halfway through the book, he finally respects the guy, but he doesn't really like him.

If I were Barnes' mom, I'd be telling him to stay away from Nick
S
Nov 07, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf-nope, romance, lgbtqi
Uh. I actually enjoyed this until
Nick basically started behaving like his dad. Controlling Loc's behavior (TELLING him he is going to quit his job and become Ns full-time caretaker, change his relationship, place of residence, etc.), not asking for consent to sex or consent to not using a condom (!!!!!!) or to having a ring put on his hand, just moving into Loc's room without asking, not letting him even finish a freaking sentence, telling him he doesn't know his own mind or heart... Classic abu
Diana Ekwuazi
Absolutely beautiful!

No other of Mary's men can hold a candle to Sam and Jory in my book but I'm always up for reading and meeting new people in her books. Initially I have to admit I was on the fence about the whole former addict and fixer storyline and I was worried about changing one addiction (drugs) into another (love) but I was very wrong. From the onset you can't help but love Nick without even knowing his whole story and once it all comes out you fall even more in love with him.

Loc and
Terri Jones
Nov 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you have any aversion to Mary Calmes's style, this is an intense version of it.

Obviously, I enjoy her heroes and their people, but even I was slightly put off by all the appraising and yelling dialogue tags. The main reason this is four instead of five stars, though, is because the Loc seen previously and the Loc who is our MC here seem like different men. I'd have to read the three books again closer together to be sure, but he feels less confrontational, and that's cheating, if true. The o
LWM
Oct 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh, yes. This was almost as good as Croy's story, though this book was very well written.

I also like that there was an actual ending, rather than Ms. Calmes' usual abrupt cut off of all writing to signal that there was nothing more to follow. This book gave closure, full circle, for Locryn and Nick, that was lovely.

The first half or so of the book was interesting and pretty PG. It gets very spicy and HOT once Nick figures his s### out and gets the courage to stake claim to Loc, which Locryn can'
Linda
MY Fix!

Mary Calmes' stories (all of them!) are my fix. Her characters are like friends that comfort you. They speak your language and make you feel like you're home in the comfort of your family.
The concept of Toris Intercession and the men we've met in the first three books in this wonderful series, the Fixers, are something most of us could use at some point in our lives. Someone to see past, and through, the chaos that can overwhelm us.
These stories and the resulting resolutions to whatever
Tena
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another engaging romance from one of my favorite authors. Nick is in desperate need of someone to steady and support him so this, his likely final stint in rehab, takes. Loc is "the fixer" hired to make that happen. They are at loggerheads, immediately and constantly. As time passes, through fights and difficult situations, Nick finds that Loc can't be driven away, that he is there to stay to get Nick through the personal changes necessary to achieve and maintain a strong and healthy life. Then ...more
Audra Rytter
Oct 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
A bit of a departure but that's a good thing

If you've read a handful of this author's books you know there is usually a main character who doesn't realize how wonderful, handsome, and beloved he is. Well that wouldn't work in this book as Loc was cast as a huge jerk in the first novel in this series. Thankfully this story allowed Loc to grow a bit more than Calmes' typical MC and that's a nice step in my opinion. Otherwise, this is a fairly light read with a handful of on-page sex scenes. If you
Lisa
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So much more than I expected

I love, love, love this book. I love all Mary Calmes, but this one far exceeded expectations. So often we see one main character struggle, it resolves, HEA quickly follow. But with book the reader gets so much more. We see the initial issue resolve and then we get to see even more of the characters as the deal with real life and love and what that means for them. I’m always left wanting to know more and see more of the couples life together, but this time I feel like
Kk
Nov 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle_unlimited
2 Meh Stars ⭐😒

How does a porcupine get his sexy times? LoL

Well, you have 2 porcupines in this novel. Nick is a rocker with a bad drug history. Loc makes sandpaper look like satin pillowcase.

The pace of this book was a little instalove for me...its like large chunks were glossed over. & again, adding tags for hate crimes, child abuse, & animal abuse isn't a bad thing. It lets the reader make a decision on whether to give it ago. Also, I wasn't a fan of the conservator storyline. Technically, bad
MaryKate Sullivan
Nov 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love this series!

Every time I finish a book in this series I'm sure it's my favorite . How does Mary Calmes do this to me? I got nothing done today I had to finish this book! I did not like Locryn at all in book 1, in book 2 I started to see something but now I adore him. What a complicated but oh so loving man. I really wasn't sure about the premise I didn't see how the author was going too get Nick from so broken to a romantic partner but she did it flawlessly. The relationship development in
Debbie
Nov 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Looks can be deceiving

This is another adventure in the Torus universe. Loc Barnes is one of the best. He is sent to fix up the life of what he thinks is a spoiled rich rockstar. After he meets Nick Madison me finds out he's wrong. It is a fight right from the beginning as Nick is stubborn and has an answer for everything.

There are a great bunch of side characters and a background secret that has me gasping in shock, when it was revealed.

The way things are going in the world of Torus securities,
Earl Rose
Nov 10, 2020 is currently reading it
Three books so far about the Torus Intercession.....this is the third. They are all good and as they mostly stand alone you can start anywhere but I always like to begin at the beginning. I like the premise here. There is an organization of "fixers" who can come in and help with a bad situation. The problem in all three is that the guys not only fix, they get caught up with a client and end up.....oh oh. Spoiler territory. Calmes is one of my favorite authors and she does not disappoint with thi ...more
Maria
Shelves: favourite-books
I LOVED this book! I’m pretty picky with books lately but I was pleasantly surprised to have really enjoyed reading this. Yes, it’s a bit out there and has some outlandish events happen but the chemistry between Locryn and Nick was worth it. Their banter was entertaining and I honestly couldn’t put the book down. The other books in the series have been okay so far but this has been by far my favourite of the series.
Viki /LostForReal/
At this point, I am sure why I read these books. I can offer some possible explanations but... do I? Do I truly understand it?

A big part was actually... not that traditional for the author. Which should have been nice. But it was just... nice. And I did pick up this book after going to the dentist and my tooth was hurting and I kind of sought something familiar so... yeah.

And I mean, it is not a bad book. It's just... yeah, let's just leave it at that.
Nicole
Oct 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nick and Locryn.
MM.
Great story, well written. Story flowed freely and easily.
Great characters. The characters at Torus Intercession are fun to read and seem to be great characters for future books.
Hoping the story of Owen and Jared comes to be, Think that will be Fantastic to see them together. The more I read of Owen and Jared the more I want their Story.
Recommend the book and the series. You really can't wrong with a Mary Calmes book.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Liars (Licking Thicket, #2)
  • Watch Me
  • Lacuna
  • Origin (Scales 'n' Spells, #1)
  • Griff's Place (Havenwood #4)
  • Healing Aiden (Lords of Discord #5)
  • How to Save a Human (VRC: Vampire Related Crimes, #4)
  • Blind Warrior (Weavers Circle #3)
  • All the Rules of Heaven (All That Heaven Will Allow, #1)
  • Marked by Death (Necromancer, #1)
  • Jonty's Christmas (Unfinished Business #1.5)
  • School and Rock (Arizona Raptors, #5)
  • Mr. Perfect (Sinister in Savannah, #2)
  • Treasured
  • Bad, Dad, and Dangerous
  • The Soldati General (Soldati Hearts, #3)
  • Down Low (Down Home #1)
  • 'Nother Sip of Gin
Mary Calmes believes in romance, happily ever afters, and the faith it takes for her characters to get there. She bleeds coffee, thinks chocolate should be its own food group, and currently lives in Kentucky with a five-pound furry ninja that protects her from baby birds, spiders and the neighbor’s dogs. To stay up to date on her ponderings and pandemonium (as well as the adventures of the ninja) ...more

Torus Intercession (3 books)
  • No Quick Fix (Torus Intercession #1)
  • In a Fix (Torus Intercession #2)

News & Interviews