Start by marking “The Virgin Game Plan (Rules of Love, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Virgin Game Plan (Rules of Love, #2)

The Virgin Game Plan

(Rules of Love #2)

A sexy standalone forbidden sports romance from #1 NYT Bestseller Lauren Blakely!

The woman I want is as off-limits as they come.
I had an excuse two years ago when I met her on campus. She interviewed me for a story on major league baseball's rising stars, and we shared a hot, passionate night that ended far too soon, and without a mention of who her father was.
Now I know
Kindle Edition
Published June 9th 2021 by Little Dog Press

To ask other readers questions about The Virgin Game Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Virgin Game Plan

Start your review of The Virgin Game Plan (Rules of Love, #2)
Elisa ❀
Jun 10, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
summary: this is a story of 'the right person at the wrong time'. they have this one night together, then 2 years later they find each other, but now their relationship is forbidden.
(they are both celibate during the time apart)

Laure Blakely's audiobooks are always amazing, but I think her books for me are better in a physical format, but sadly the only books published by her here, I already own and love, so audiobook it is.
This book is very low angst, even the forbidden factor wasn't angsty.

i
Jessica Alcazar
Once again, Lauren has slayed me with her utterly delightful cast of characters and storyline. It wasn’t always like this between me and a Lauren book. In the old days, she was a constant hit or miss for me and I almost gave up completely until one day I decided to give audio books a second try and well ….

Not only have I almost listened to every single audio on her backlist, but now I read the ebook when it goes live or as an ARC and dive right into the audio the minute that it goes live! Hi, m
litljen
*** I received an advanced copy and chose to review it ***
** 100% spoiler-free review **
* 5 swoon-worthy stars *

The Virgin Game Plan is Lauren Blakely's newest sports romance and I am totally in love with it! This sweet, sexy, swoony story most definitely should be your next must-read. It has everything you've come to expect from a Blakely story: blistering hot chemistry, strong friendships, multi-layered characters that are both interesting and fun, and fabulously witty banter. I loved everythi
Dali
Lauren Blakely follows up her sexy, brother’s best friend baseball romance with this sweet and steamy second chance story.

When Reese Fallon scored an interview with professional second baseman Holden Kingsley for her podcast, she never expected to have such a strong and deep connection with him. He’s honest, charming and very interested in her. But the timing was horrible as they both have goals to pursue that take them in different directions.

Two years later they’re both in San Francis
Mel
4.5 “What-if” stars!

Holden is a rising baseball player. He focusses on the game and is a planner when it comes to everything in his life. However, he veers off course when he meets Reese and his life is irrevocably changed before he knows it.

I got up that morning with one goal. But then I met her, ditched my plans for the afternoon, and spent it with her instead. When I kissed her at the edge of campus, beneath the twilit sky, under a canopy of trees, the night felt young and possible.
Even th
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
***Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World. :)**

RATING: 4.5/5

Lauren Blakely delivers a swoon worthy second chance sports romance in The Virgin Game Plan that will leave you rooting for the characters until the very end.

The story starts off with Reese Fallon scoring an interview with major league baseball rising star, Holden Kingsley. As a university student, she hopes that her podcast will open new opportunities for her in sports marketing when she graduates. But what Reese wants the mo
Suzi Vanderham
Lauren Blakely stepped up to the plate and absolutely smashed a homerun with her latest release “The Virgin Game Plan” and I really had zero clue I would love this book so much! This is one of the few LB books that I walked into without much knowledge other than it would be a “guy falls for the coach’s daughter” storyline. Well, it is way more than that and I’m so happy that I received an early listener’s copy.

Holden and Reese are our main characters, voiced perfectly by Jason Clarke and Ava Er
Pam Nelson
May 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been on a bit of a Sports Romance kick lately and this was right up my alley.
I always forget that Lauren can bring the steam factor, sometimes she goes light and then other times it’s like hello I need to fan myself.

This book had more steam and the tension but with that authentic connection I love about romance. You root for this couple and your feel sad and happy when they feel sad or are happy.

I liked that we get Holden’s pov about his career but also his feelings.
I loved that Reese
Dísir

'The Virgin Game-plan’, despite the rather non-enticing and somewhat cringey title, is a very tight and sweet second-chances lovers-to-lovers story with a gap of two years in between where neither one forgot each other.

Whatever you’d like to call Reese’s and Holden’s relationship, I’d give Lauren Blakely kudos for making it open, mature and honest. Whenever you think something might end up being a potential for blow-up for conflict sometime later down the road, it’s immediately nipped
belle ☆ミ (thisbellereadstoo)
reese and holden met two years ago when she interviewed him on her sports podcast. that spark that soon exploded into something more became nothing as holden needs to travel to different areas for his baseball games and as reese got an amazing opportunity abroad. the night they reunited, this pair found out that reese's father is holden's new team manager. despite that, neither of them could deny the utter chemistry they share.

i liked how free and open reese and holden were with their feelings t
READ ME ROMANCE
May 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Virgin Game Plan is the second book in the Rules of Love series and a feel-good, full-length sports-themed standalone. Told in dual POV, our hero and heroine, Holden and Reese, possess all of Lauren Blakely’s wit and charm, are flirty and dirty, and simply irresistible.

I loved that they met by chance when she interviewed Holden, a pro-ball player from her alma mater, for her podcast. Lauren never fails to write the swooniest heroes, and Holden is such a class act. He is thoughtful, kind, app
Karin
Jun 09, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holden and Reese were so incredibly likable especially Reese, she was strong as she was sweet but these two keep having near misses on what they know could be epic but I was starting to get concerned that they’d never get it right lol
Laurie Anne
Jun 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Confession time.... LB books are my guilty pleasure. No matter what mood I’m in, there’s a book of hers I’ll love and will devour in hours! This book is no exception. It brought me down memory lane with recurring characters from previous books.

This book is like visiting your hometown after having been gone for a long time. I Iove LB's books and its been a while since I've read a new release.
I enjoyed catching up with previous characters from some of my favorites books.

Holden and Reese have an
Red Cheeks Reads
5 SMOOCHES!

I love a good sports romance, and Lauren Blakely has written some of my favorites. She knocked it out of the park with the first book in the Rules of Love series, The Virgin Rule Book, and she hit a home run with this book, The Virgin Game Plan, too. I listed to the audio, and Jason Clarke and Ava Erickson were positively fantastic. Their natural chemistry perfectly portrayed these characters and brought them to life. Coupled with Blakely’s witty prose, their performances created an u
Heather
Jun 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Virgin Game Plan is the second book in the Rules of Love series and it was a great addition to this series! I love a good sports romance and this definitely fits the bill!

Holden and Reese met by chance when he was getting his start in the big leagues and she was finishing up college. Reese had a podcast that Holden came on as a guest and sparks flew between the two. When circumstances took them in different directions, they weren't able to explore what was between them. Fast-forward two year
Readers Together
Jun 07, 2021 rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed this book. It kept me listening throughout the day wanting to know what was going to happen next. My only issue really is the virgin element and some things that are said that leave me trying to figure out how and why. Otherwise, it’s a fun and entertaining story. I love that it had very little drama. And practically none in the relationship. The consent conversations were important to the characters and that really made an impact on the way they were viewed. I know I loved Hold
Caroline F
It's been a while since I read a novel by this author and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Holden Kingsley is a guy who always has a plan. Distractions are not permitted. Until he meets Reese Fallon. They spend just one day together – a day and night that refuses to dim in their memories – even as life takes them in different directions. Two years later, they meet again, but it seems that life is against them because it turns out that she’s off-limits. But, honestly, you can make all sorts of plans, but
Erin Lewis
Jun 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Star review The Virgin Game Plan (Rules of Love #2) by Lauren Blakely
The second book in the Rules of Love series and it was just as entertaining and engaging as the first book. This is a forbidden sport romance story about Holden and Reese who met a few years ago and spent a passionate night together. Fast forward to the present and Holden is shocked to discover that the woman who he has thought about is in fact his coach's daughter and therefore totally off limits.
As with previous books by La
Jackie Wright
Jun 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fantastic addition to the Rules of Love Series and in book two we get Holden and Reese’s forbidden romance. Holden and Reese met and shared a night of passion a few years ago and now they come face to face again but he is shocked to find out the woman who haunts his dreams is in fact his coach’s daughter and that means she should definitely be off limits.
So will they cross the line and risk everything......
As soon as I read the blurb I knew this was going to be a great read but what took
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
From the start I fell in love with Reese and Holden. Their first meeting was so perfect and they had so much promise from the start, until life and opportunities came Reese’s way and she couldn’t say no.

From the moment they met there was a connection and chemistry. Even years later there is still so much chemistry and a great connection. I loved that despite the short amount of time together in the beginning and years apart Reese and Holden never forgot about each other. Reese and Holden’s jour
Jun 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
***ARC provided by the Author***

Holden and Reese have the kind of chemistry that almost literally jumps off the page and leaves you feeling invested in their story from the beginning. In wanting them to be together and wanting to get to know them as well.

I also loved that this is the rare second chance romance where you are also there for the 1st chance at love that doesn't quite work out. I also loved the way this was handled, the way it evolved and allowed you to get to know them together, and
Tammi
Jun 08, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great story from start to finish. A sweet and sexy second chance.
Loved the couple, loved the storyline.
Sometimes a couple are just meant to be and time nor distance can stop it. It's just fate! And that was most definitely true in this book.
I feel like a broken record when talking about Lauren Blakely books. The type of love stories she writes are why I read romance. Perfect stories of people falling in love.
A little peek at her next one has me wanting it RIGHT NOW!
Doris
Jun 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Great Sports Romance

They say the second time is the charm and how it was for Holden and Reese. This was a page turning sports romance with humor, patience, road blocks and has a great HEA.
Lauren Luman
Jun 03, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Virgin Game Plan was fun and sweet and pretty sexy. Holden and Reese had amazing chemistry from the very beginning. They had the usual Blakely banter and seemed to have a lot in common, especially a love for baseball.

I loved the supporting characters around them, especially their families, and I'm excited for the MM story between Grant and Declan teased at the end.

Recommended if you're looking for a fun and flirty sports romance.
Jodi
May 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
The Virgin Game Plan by Lauren Blakely is everything you could want and more in a forbidden baseball romance! This is book 2 in her Rules of Loves series, but can be read as stand alone. This sweet and sexy romance kept me hooked from page 1! Holden and Reese were such fun and easy characters to fall in love with.

I adored Reese and Holden's meet cute. Reese is finishing up her senior year of college. She plays volleyball, and has a successful sports podcasts. Holden is a up and coming baseball
Krista Webster
Jun 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Virgin Game Plan is the second book in the Rules of Love series. It can be read as a standalone although characters from the first book do appear so I won’t be surprised if you go back and read the The Virgin Rule Book to meet this group of sportsmen and their friends.
This is a wonderful story about Holden Kingsley and Reese Fallon which I thoroughly enjoyed.
I felt it was well written and very realistic. The characters were relatable and honest throughout with no miscommunication as they a
Books, Booze & Bon Voyage
Maddie (Bookaholic_Dreamer)
3.25 ⭐️

The Virgin Game Plan a Sports Romance tells the story of Reese and Holden through a dual POVs. Which is we see is told through 3 different timelines.

The story starts with the prelude in present day before jumping to interlude which is set in the past. Only to then jump back into present day again once and for all. Something you don’t see very often in books, making it a refreshing change. Plus it helped give the backstory to Holden and Reese and how they first met, through the flashba
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Kindle / Apple / Nook / Kobo / Google / Audible

Meeting Holden, interviewing him for her podcast, was a dream come true for Reese. There was an immediate insane attraction, but the timing wasn't right. Fast forward two years and they meet again. Will their timing be perfect now? Time for that insane attraction that's only gotten hotter, to be consummated? Well...perhaps, if only the biggest obstacle one could imagine hadn't just presented itself...

I just love this sweet, swoony sports romanc
Kim
Jun 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Holden Kingsley is a professional second baseman. For years he has had a single-minded focus on his baseball career and making sure he can take care of his family. But two years ago, he shared one enchanted afternoon and a brief interlude with a girl who interviewed him and she never really left his mind.

Reese Fallon was thrilled to score an interview for her podcast with the up-and-coming baseball player, Holden while she was finishing college. She never expected him to be so charming, honest,
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Crush
  • The Invitation
  • The Bookworm's Guide to Faking It (The Bookworm's Guide, #2)
  • The Relationship Pact (Kings of Football, #3)
  • The Romantic Pact (Kings of Football, #2)
  • Jingle Bell Rock
  • The Grumpy Prince (Rugged and Royal #2)
  • Blind Pass
  • Home to You
  • Mafia Casanova
  • The Revenge Pact (Kings of Football, #1)
  • Make Me Yours (Bellamy Creek, #2)
  • Call Me Crazy (Bellamy Creek, #3)
  • Bachelor Swap
  • Shattered Ice (Fury, #3)
  • Breakaway
  • Fallen Jester (Tin Gypsy, #5)
  • Steal My Magnolia (Love at First Sight, #3)
A #1 New York Times Bestselling, #1 Wall Street Journal Bestselling, and #1 Audible Bestselling author, Lauren Blakely is known for her contemporary romance style that's sweet, sexy and witty. Her heroines are strong and smart and her heroes have hearts of gold and fantastic funny bones. She'd love to give you a free book today! Check out her web site to grab your free read: https://laurenblakely. ...more

Rules of Love (5 books)
  • The Rules of Friends with Benefits (Rules of Love, #0.5)
  • The Virgin Rule Book (Rules of Love, #1)
  • The Virgin Replay (Rules of Love, #3)
  • The Virgin Scorecard (Rules of Love, #4)