Start by marking “Before You Ghost” as Want to Read:
Before You Ghost

Before You Ghost

It’s hard to miss your boyfriend when he’s standing right next to you being a sarcastic nimrod. I have a temper and he has an attitude. Our antics inside and outside the bedroom are off the charts. Half the time we’re giving each other a hard time just to get to the good times.

Things get more complicated when he’s all those things and dead as well.
Evan’s a newly formed gho
Published October 18th 2020

Start your review of Before You Ghost
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
DNF @35%

I get that this was supposed to be comedy but it was just too corny for me
Na
Oct 23, 2020 rated it liked it
This is a funny, quirky and spooky read, perfect entertainment for Halloween time.
Bookish.Gusto
Loved it!!! This book was everything I could expect from a romantic comedy PNR. It was hilarious, quirky and just overall awesome. It had a really cute storyline, mixed in with all those funny dialogues and monologues and a very sweet ghost hero who made my heart hurt as much as he made me laugh.
You guys really need to read Evans and Sammi's story😍❣️❣️ It's silly, crazy, cheesy and everything incredible. An amazing Halloween treat ;)
Sarah Pie
Oct 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: holiday
What a fun, sexy, and hilarious Halloween treat. Absolutely perfect for this time of the year and a quick read that will have you laughing until it hurts but also packs a punch with the feels.
rosie
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Jannika
What the heck did I just read? There is good weird and there’s bad weird and this was definitely in the bad side of it. No idea what to think about it and how you even get an idea like that. I don’t even know what to say.
Lori R.
Oct 25, 2020 rated it liked it
If you don’t take this book too seriously, it can be enjoyable. It was over the top silly and cheesy and that’s exactly how it was meant to be. Ghosts and pirates and beer-and-brownies, oh my. A perfectly corny & quick Halloween story. ...more
B-Books Review
Oct 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
“𝙄 𝙢𝙚𝙖𝙣, 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩’𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙘𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙫𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙤. 𝙎𝙝𝙚’𝙨 𝙤𝙣 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮, 𝙪𝙢… 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙨𝙝, 𝙞𝙩 𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙖𝙨𝙢 𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙤 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙩 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙡𝙖𝙪𝙣𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙨 𝙝𝙞𝙢 𝙤𝙛𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙛 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙖 𝙘𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙣.”
💀
Let’s talk about “Before You Ghost by Debra Anastasia and Helena Hunting”.
👻
This.Book.Is.So.Crazy! I could end my review here, but I obviously won’t. While I was reading this book I honestly thought this so many times: what the hell the authors took so they could manage to write this story?!? It was so cra
Mel
Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 ghostly stars!

Before You Ghost is a spooky novella that will make you laugh until you cry and have you believing that love is stronger than death. Though short in pages, it is not short on the feels and fun, and I loved it!

It is hilariously funny with the sweetest romance. Sammi and Evan love to fight and make up and that’s true even now that Evan is no longer living. They won’t let death keep them apart though, and I loved as they navigated their new normal with the same fire they’ve always
Marsha
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
As you can tell, this is a paranormal read. It is a shorter read. About 80 pages, so it's perfect for between novels or when you only have an hour or so free. This is more of a silly read, so if you are the kind of person to roll your eyes at the ridiculous, you may not enjoy this book, but if you are familiar with these authors, you probably know how silly they can get. (They act like 12 year old boys!) ;) While it is filled with goofiness, there is romance involved. While one is a ghost, and t ...more
R Rais
Oct 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
This little book had me laughing from the blurb!

Omg I know this authors duet is gonna be crazy but I'm still suprise of how crazy they can be!

This book plot is over the top crazy out of your mind! So be prepare..lol

Imagine you're doing your kink with your boyfriend. A hot angry sexy public time when you hit that big O you accidently catapult your boyfriend over the cliff and he died.

Yep this duet authors go there.

Before You Ghost is creepy yet hilarious until your stomach hurt laughing so ha
Moon Love
Nov 10, 2020 rated it really liked it

This story is a hard one to rate. The emotional parts are amazing. The rest of it is just over the top humor that is so far fetched I often didn't find it funny. But it was a nice escape.

I'd love to see Helena and Debra write something together, like this, but with humor tamed way back. I think it'd be amazing.
Lisa Mandina
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I have to start out by saying that the beginning of this is probably one of the most hilarious ways to start a book I have ever read! And the story just keeps getting more hilarious and out there and had me laughing so much all the way through. It was a very quick read, I mean it’s only 79 pages. But not only is it short, it just was a page-turner for the story itself. Being a ghost, the sexy parts, the dangerous ghosts, rabid raccoons, lightning strikes, and even birds that like to curse. ...more
The Romantic Rush Blog
Oh my- this mini novella is just the kind of silly, light hearted and bizarre fun you need for the Halloween season! 🎃

It all begins with Sammi orgasming her boyfriend right over the Lover’s Lane cliff. Only she can’t seem to be sad because Ryan is not gone. Though he’s not longer corporeal, his ghost lingers. With a hook like that what are you waiting for?!! What ensues is tons of giddily weird and eccentric shenanigans with a menagerie of other supernatural and magical creatures and ghoulies. I
Denise Hoover
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
A Humorous Halloweenie Boo-k

What a quick, quirky, Halloween read! I found myself chuckling at the crazy things that happened throughout this story. You must go in with a clear head and an open mind. Paranormal isn’t my normal genre but this was fun. A book that you can quickly read in one sitting that I think you’ll be pleased with the ending when you get there. Ghosts, rabid raccoons, urine bolts, and crazy talking birds are just a glimpse into this humorous boo-k.
Jeeves Reads Romance
More trick than treat

Make no bones about it, this Halloween treat is, shall we say... not good. I have no idea where this writing duo even came up with half the stuff in here. It WAS semi-entertaining, and I DID stick around til the end, but that was purely out of my need to see how this all played out. I'm a big fan of Hunting's work and I typically love quirky comedy, but this humor took a nose dive off a cliff (much like our hero) very early on in the story. If you're in the mood for somethin
Hayley
Oct 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
This surprise Halloween story by Romancelandia's favorite besties: Helena Hunting and Debra Anastasia, is a hilarious and unique story. What I could tell immediately is that it is obvious that Helena and Debra has an absolute blast writing this novella! I can imagine them hysterical trying to one up each other with ridiculousness, maybe trying to see if that could make the other do spit takes.

I haven't read very many ghost paranormal romance but this one had me laughing out loud. The struggles
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
At first I thought this is funny.
Then when it went a bit further it was more serious.
I can't imagine if my boyfriend passes and is a ghost beside me. I would be happy to have not lost him at all, but this just makes it all the more clear.
I did enjoy it because it had lost of funny parts in it, but the ghost part made me just sad, because that I did take serious.

Good halloween read!
Lauren
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-reviews
Before You Ghost is a delightful, spooky treat from authors Debra Anastasia and Helena Hunting.

Sammi and Evan have always run hot… both inside and outside the bedroom. So when some particularly steamy antics land Evan on the other side of alive, they have to work together to figure out exactly what happened, and Evan has to figure out how to keep Sammi safe from the nefarious forces that were involved in his untimely demise.

Anastasia and Hunting bring all of the humor and over-the-top story te
Athena D.
Oct 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4 STARS

This book was hilarious. The characters were quite hauntingly entertaining! 👻 I love Debra Anastasia and Helena Hunting’s special brand of humour. Before You Ghost by Debra Anastasia and Helena Hunting is a MUST read that will join the ranks of the BIBLIO-ELITE!!!
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Oct 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku
This book had me laughing at the ridiculousness of events. It was silly and puerile and fun.

However it was also more touching and emotional than I was expecting it to be.

An enjoyable quick Halloween read f 45om two wonderful authors
Mirnatius
Really funny at moments but depressing as hell at the end. The writing is really bad but it’s still really quick to get through. NOT A ROMACE! DEFINITELY NOT A ROMANCE in the end but I think that’s a given, what with the premise. I read it after Halloween but it’s a one that fits that theme if you don’t mind feeling a bit dissatisfied.
Sandra R
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
Yeah, sorry - not quite for me... LOL for any reader who likes wacky ghost stories with a bit of erotic romance thrown in. Well written.
jessreadss
Oct 28, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5??? This was pretty fucking weird and hilarious😂😂😂
Teri
Nov 07, 2020 rated it did not like it
Huge Helena fan and I do realize this was a comedy. I giggled once or twice but for the most part I think this might possibly be the stupidest thing I've ever read.
Emily T
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a fun, quick read! I'm not one to read about ghosts, but if it's Helena and Debra writing, sign me up! I laughed, my heartstrings were pulled, and I was sucked into this fun little mystery about Evan and Sammi. It was a unique story, had fun secondary characters and just a good, light-hearted book to read!
Crystal
Oct 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book starts with a bang...and then gets even more awesome and fun! A great short story you need to experience for yourself, so I’m not spoiling anything for you!
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

👻 🎃😱 👻 🎃😱 👻 🎃😱

Well. That was ... something. LOL!
It was so very short. But funny, cute, sad, heartbreaking - but most of all silly and ridiculous. And I loved reading it. It was the perfect story to read on Halloween! ☺

description
💜

Smokin Hot Book Blog Smokin Hot Book Blog Smokin Hot Book Blog Smokin Hot Book Blog Smokin Hot Book Blog
Heather
Oct 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you're in the mood for a Halloween treat from Helena Hunting and Debra Anastasia, then pick up Before You Ghost.

Sammi and Evan's love story is hot all the way around. They fight passionately and love passionately and it's the latter that has pushed Evan over the edge (of a mountain quite literally) and he's joined the ranks of the ghosts of Lover's Peak.

There are many ghosts who grace Sammi and Evan with their presence throughout this humorous and over-the-top novella, not to mention the rabi
Anna Green
Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
It has been a long time since I have read a paranormal story but I made an exception when I heard about this one.

Sammi and Evan's story is silly and funny. But at the same time I also felt the sadness when they realise that their time together is up. Or is it? Their relationship goes beyond the grave and the secondary characters both the living and the dead are a hoot. The timeline is actually only a few days but we get a closure with the epilogue.

The scenarios in this outlandish tale is "out
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Little Lies
  • Micaela's Big Bad
  • Dashing Through the No (Summersweet Island, #3)
  • See Me After Class
  • Take The Chance: Top Shelf Romance #9
  • Best Friends Don't Kiss
  • Make Me Yours (Bellamy Creek, #2)
  • Take a Number (Wait With Me, #4)
  • Hard Love (Trophy Boyfriends, #3)
  • Shopping For A CEO's Baby (Shopping for a Billionaire #16)
  • Happily Letter After
  • Date Me Like You Mean It
  • Single Dad Seeks Juliet: A Feel-Great Romantic Comedy
  • I Promise You
  • The Christmas Blanket
  • Love Song (Stage Dive, #4.7)
  • Scrooged
  • Swing and a Mishap (Summersweet Island, #2)
Helena Hunting is the author of The USA Today and NYT bestselling PUCKED Series. She lives on the outskirts of Toronto with her incredibly tolerant family and two moderately intolerant cats. She writes everything from romantic sports comedy to new adult angst.