Start by marking “Five Are Together Again (Famous Five, #21)” as Want to Read:
Five Are Together Again (Famous Five, #21)

Five Are Together Again

(The Famous Five #21)

Published 2001 by Hodder Children's Books (first published 1963)

Luffy
Dec 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is how the book ends :-

‘What an exciting time we’ve had! I really did enjoy every minute of it!’
So did we, George. Hurry up and fall into another adventure. We are longing to hear what you and the others will be up to next. How we wish we could join you! Good-bye for now - and take care of yourselves, Five. Good luck!

Enid Blyton didn't know that this book was to be her last Famous Five book. It's a sobering thought. The book came out in 1964, and Enid Blyton would live a further 4 more year
Paul E. Morph
Well, it's been a long road (getting from there to here) but here we are at the end of the final Famous Five novel! I mean, sure, there's a short story collection and F5 books written by other authors but they don't really count...

This being the case, I wish I could say the Five go out on a high but... nope. Enid's basically mooshed the plots from two previous books in the series together in what is a somewhat half-arsed attempt at a new story. The ending's a bit weird, too, with George and Timm
David Sarkies
Jan 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
The Last Famous Five Adventure
9 January 2016

Well, here I am sitting in a car driving back to Melbourne (actually, to be precise I am in the passenger seat – my Dad is driving – even though the car has cruise control doesn't mean that I can write a book review and drive at the same time). Anyway, this is the last of the Famous Five books, and the last of the Enid Blyton books that I have slated to read (and no, the Naughtiest School Girl won't be one of those books I end up reading in the future
Kirsti
Nov 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The final book in the exciting Famous Five series sees a return of two of the characters from "Five go to Demon's rocks"- that is, Tinker and Mischief the monkey! Looking forward to a nice holiday at Kirrin, the Four children arrive there only to be told Joan, the cook, is ill with Scarlet Fever and the house is under quarantine. Now, here was a bit of confusion- the kids are returning from school, but Timmy didn't go to school with George like he usually does? We're told over and over in the bo ...more
Nadja
Aug 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hörspiel, time-2018
Anscheinend der letzte Band der Buchreihe - bei den Hörspielen aber die Nummer 5! Eine lustiges und spannendes Abenteuer der fünf Freunde. Und Georgie zeigt schön, dass ein Mädchen auch ohne Hilfe von Jungs die Bösen überlisten kann. :D [12.08.2018]
Dan
Nov 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read all of the Famous Five books, and the Secret Seven books, AND some of Blyton's other childrens' adventure stories, when I was a child. Indeed, it is probably this author, more than any other, who instilled in me the love of reading that I have today. Of course they seem terribly dated these days, embodying values that belong to a generation that is passing away, and no doubt some people would say "good riddance!" but they are a reminder that not everything our parents and grandparents hel ...more
Neja
Dec 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-childhood
These books (Famous five) are hands down one of my favorite books from my childhood. All those adventures and mystery …and those sandwiches they always packed! aww, just the best! I would love to read one of these again. To bring back those memories..memories of first experiences with reading books.
Cho
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
George heroically destroying all of the casual misogyny she (and I) had to suffer through for 21 of the books, reconciled me these books. I still would not give them to my children because they are simply out-dated in my opinion and teach values that do not apply to children growing up today (girls cannot do this, girls need to be protected, girls are inherently different from boys), but since I loved them as a child and found myself rather shocked by parts of them during my re-read, it's a good ...more
Vinay Leo
Nov 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Nice to see a minor character from a previous novel recurring in this one. Though I liked Demon's Rocks adventure more than this one.
Srividya
Oh what a wonderful start to reliving my childhood days.

The Famous Five series has always been my cherished books since I was about 6 or 7 I guess. And to be able to read them again and go along with the Five as they solve another mystery was just wonderful :)

This is the last book of the series and I don't think it was the best of the lot but still it was enjoyable. Enjoyed it just as much as I did when reading as a child.. Guess some people never grow up or grow out of their childishness :D :D
Irwan
Aug 18, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: finished, young-adult
The last in the series that was actually written by Blyton. I didn't really enjoy the continuation written by someone else. Well, it was just not the same. I was too familiarized with the "routine" by Enid Blyton.
Probably she charmed me as a kid as J.K. Rowlings does to kids nowadays. Probably with different media coverage and financial success. Well, It just show us how the world has changed.

All in all, reading famous five was part of my idyllic childhood memory. And most probably it was the f
Shirley Revill
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really loved the famous five stories when I was a child and so did my children and Grandchildren.
Storytelling at it's best. Highly recommended.
Irma
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
... reading with my 10 year old daughter...

The last one in the series :( Nice story! Both, I and my daughter loved it.
Laksmi Anindita
Jul 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Judul : Lima Sekawan vol. 21 (Sirkus Misterius)
Pengarang : Enid Blyton
Alih Bahasa : Agus Setiadi
Penerbit : PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Tebal : 192 halaman

Lima Sekawan kembali lagi! Sekarang mereka berkemah di dekat rumah temannya, Utik, yang merupakan anak seorang ilmuwan ternama. Awalnya Utik marah karena ada rombongan sirkus keliling yang ikut berkemah di lapangan miliknya. Tapi setelah ayahnya membacakan dokumen perjanjian mengenai lapangan tersebut, Utik pun akhirnya bersedia berkemah berdekata
Catherine
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was ok
This, as the final book in the Famous Five series, is a tad disappointing and confusing sadly. Although I have to admit that my son (6) enjoyed it as much as the others. It begins with the 4 children coming home from school and George being upset that Timmy doesn't meet her at the train station. I always thought that Timmy went to George with school. Then the actual mystery wasn't much of a mystery, and was all over in about 3 chapters, even with dragging it out.
It was okay, but not the best sto
Abhirami
Famous 5 are up to another adventure which is very exciting indeed.I really loved this book.Thumps up for famous 5 and Enid Blyton.
Nicola
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventure, children
"The children are supposed to be staying at Kirrin Cottage, but as soon as George's mother and father's maid Joanna catches scarlet fever, the Five are sent to live with an old friend, called Tinker, and his famous scientist father, who first appeared in Five Go To Demon's Rocks (1961). When top secret papers belonging to the scientist go missing, it is left up to the children to find the thief, whoever he is. "

I absolutely adored Famous Five as a child. I trawled through secondhand stores and s
Katie Grainger
I think that too be honest with the last two books of the Famous Five series you could tell that Enid Blyton had run out of steam when it came to this series.

I feel like this book was an odd one, the build up was long and then when something finally did happen it was pretty obvious. The book ends with George and Timmy going off on there own and essentially wrapping up the story themselves! To be honest all a little strange.

I feel sad but also a little relieved that I have finally finished the s
Sue Stelly
Už zase "můj" ostrov? A kde je to, že se na ostrov nedostanete, pokud nevíte přesně, kudy jet? To si tam teď běžně jezdí výletníci?
A dost prvků už se objevilo v předchozích dílech, ale Pětka je stále překvapená, jako b ytohle ještě nikdy neviděli...
Ale stejně sérii stále zbožňuju, škoda, že skončila :(
Jo
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The last one- a little weaker than the others but a fantastic read. Find myself wondering what happened to them when they left school. Clearly they couldn't go on for ever and I'm pleased that essentially the format didn't change. Too often in books and TV characters have to "develop" when what you want is for everything to stay the same
Astuti Mae
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Semua novel Lima Sekawan menyisakan kenangan indah bagi saya yang waktu itu masih SD/SMP saat membacanya pertama kali. Imajinatif banget menggambarkan kehidupan anak2 di barat karna dulu masih jarang film hollywood yang bisa ditonton.
Aulia Koesmeidisari
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My favorite childhood read.
Lizzi Heaney
Finally finished my reread of this series. This one’s got a very slow start, but a good showing for George at the end, even though Julian’s still a bit of a prat.
Srividya Venkataraman
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was really exciting to read who would be the thief... And like a small child i also had some suspects and that was found to be correct....
Natasha ⚡️
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You can tell from the end of this book that there were to be more, shame there wasn't.

I will miss reading this series.
Great books.
Nina
Apr 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: enid-blyton
Tamat sudah seri F5, meski ending buku ini tdk menyebutkan petualangan Julian dkk berakhir sampai disini.
Debleena Pradhan Poddar
Another adventure of the famous five together..... A wonderful amalgamation of animals, various characters and adventures all together in a very interesting form.
Dianeh
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
No caves!!!! Spunky George does the deed! I liked this one because there were lots of new characters!
Redwan Hasan
May 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
Another disappointing book, thing is you can't and won't enjoy a book that is this predictable.
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Please combine (solved) 6 14 Mar 30, 2017 08:59AM
Goodreads Librari...: Change description 2 9 Oct 24, 2015 05:37AM
  • Lima Sekawan: Menaklukkan Agen Rahasia (2)
  • The Third Form at St. Clare's
  • The Mystery of the Dead Man's Riddle (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #22)
  • The Secret of Skeleton Island (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #6)
  • The Mystery of the Nervous Lion (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #16)
  • The Mystery of Monster Mountain (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #20)
Enid Mary Blyton (1897 - 1968) was an English author of children's books.

Born in South London, Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 192

The Famous Five (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1)
  • Five Go Adventuring Again (Famous Five, #2)
  • Five Run Away Together (Famous Five, #3)
  • Five Go to Smuggler's Top (Famous Five, #4)
  • Five Go Off in a Caravan
  • Five on Kirrin Island Again (Famous Five, #6)
  • Five Go Off to Camp (Famous Five, #7)
  • Five Get Into Trouble (Famous Five, #8)
  • Five Fall Into Adventure (Famous Five, #9)
  • Five on a Hike Together (Famous Five, #10)