Start by marking “This Boy (This Boy #1)” as Want to Read:
This Boy (This Boy #1)

This Boy

(This Boy #1)

Nothing in Camilla's life will be the same after This Boy...

Camilla dreams of the day she can leave her life behind. Saying goodbye to the mother she's never been good enough for, to the bottles there's always money for, to the bills there's never money for—and most of all, to being the help in someone else's dream home.

But the scholarship to her new private school that gi
Published November 17th 2020 by Paige Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about This Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Boy

Start your review of This Boy (This Boy #1)
Minnie
Nov 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
ARC REVIEW
Camilla works for Hunter’s family as a nanny of their six year old son. She and Hunter don’t get along. She can’t stand his actions and attitude. Her life is quite difficult, she works hard not only for herself, but also to pay bills and help her mother, who isn’t one of the best ones.
In school, Hunter’s friends make fun of Camilla and he soon realises he doesn’t like the way they treat her.
Camilla hates Hunter like no other person, but soon this hate change into something more.

I l
katya
Nov 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
[ARC provided for an honest review]
I loved this!!! Couldn’t put the book down. Honestly didn’t expect it to be this good since it’s somewhat a bully romance.

The chemistry between Hunter and Camilla made this an extremely entertaining read. The fact that they couldn’t stay away from each other no matter what and how they were around one another got me in so many feels. The tension was written so well and I like how protective Hunter was of Camilla and how sweet he got towards the end. Moreover, I
mila
Nov 17, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs
this short review is only based on the 4% of this book that i actually read so:

1) i think i'm above the the rich boy humiliating the poor girl who works in his house trope. i've had enough of this or at least make the girl be the millionaire who humiliates the boy, give it a twist or something, i don't know.

2) him having sex in the pool while the female character was there.
i can't say i'm surprised because sadly i've read this in other books, but dude??? your six year old little brother swims th
Karin
Nov 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Camilla and Hunters story is a enemy to lovers trilogy and I already can’t wait to read book two. I adored Camilla, she is very much a glass half full type of girl and really tries hard to keep her head up despite Hunter wanting to change that about her for no apparent reason. This definitely end on a cliffhanger and I wondering what will happens to Hunter when the dust settle
Rachel
Nov 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
::ARC provided for honest review::

Honest review: Wow. So so so good! This is a new to me author so I didn’t know what to expect. Well, blown away. LOVED these characters and the story.

Just know - holy cliffhanger!!! Can’t wait for book 2!!
Books, Booze & Bon Voyage
Nov 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by this author. This Boy is a story with mixture of enemy to lover, high school and bully romance themes. Mainly set around the senior year at the elite private school Oak Academy. It is book one of a trilogy and ends in a huge cliffhanger so you have been warned. Most of the book is from Camilla POV but to increase the intrigue, the author has popped in five chapters from Hunter.

Camilla Hanson has spent her childhood constantly moving due to her alcoholic moth
Krista Webster
Nov 10, 2020 rated it really liked it

Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Camilla has never really had a normal family life, her father has never been present, and her mother is only there about half the time. When she isn't working, she is drinking herself into a stupor, and forgetting all about her motherly duties. Camilla has always found a way to adapt to the life her mother has created for them, the lack of stability is something she has grown use to, and having to cover for her mother is just something she does in order to survive. But when her mother informs he ...more
Rachael
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
WHAT IN THE FUCKITY FUCK DID I JUST READ???JENNA SCOTT, I KNOW YOU DIDN’T JUST LEAVE ME FUCKING HANGING???WHERE’S THE REST? *manically flips book pages* GIVE ME THE REST PLLEAASEE?
Title: This Boy
Author: Jenna Scott
Blurb:
Nothing in Camilla's life will be the same after This Boy...

Maddie (Bookaholic_Dreamer)
Nov 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.75 ⭐️

After coming across the blurb I knew I wanted to read it. But I don’t know how to feel after having read it now.

Camilla is definitely strong considering the hand she has been given in life. I liked that she stayed strong and worked hard in everything she did. And that she didn’t let anyone bring her down.

Hunter I wasn’t definitely not too big of a fan. But there is definitely more than meets the eye. He is definitely hiding secrets and what they are I do want to know.

The book felt kind
Ann Mihailovic
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
This Boy, is the first book in the 'This Boy' series and is the debut novel by Jenna Scott. This is an enemies-to-lovers/ young adult story where we are introduced to Camilla and Hunter.
Camilla has lived a hard life, constantly moving and living with her alcoholic mother. For the last few months she has been working as a nanny to the little boy of the family her mother works for as a house keeper. She has been saving and studying hard so that she can get a scholarship into college and escape her
Manii
Nov 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Amazing is all I can say about this book. It really exceeded my expectations and had all my favorite tropes like enemies to lovers, the heroine's mother being the Hero's family maid and a dash of bullying.

Hunter and Camilla were so interesting and entertaining to read, they really never let me put the book down for a second because I wanted to know what was next for them. Hunter and Camilla were like a moth to a flame. They just couldn't help but want each other. Hunter was so possessive and pr
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Oh my poor Camilla. All she wants to do is get through high school so she can get out of dodge in her town when she goes to college which is her major focus, and I didn't blame her one bit. She has a bully at school, Hunter, the older brother of the kiddo she babysits for in his family's house. He's horrible to her, hell, he's just all around horrible as he made some very questionable decisions that did him no favors in my eyes. Of course they have chemistry which does her no favors, but at leas ...more
Basic
Nov 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
This Boy is a high school, enemy to lover romance. This will be book 1 of 3.

Camilla is your typical underprivileged child of a useless parent, having to switch school because a mysterious “incident”. Hunter is your typical rich popular boy, child of neglectful parent, being brought to his knees by the unsuspecting.

Camilla seems like a great kid, works hard study’s harder and is happy, even though she’s got a less than ideal home life.
Hunter is straight up jerk until halfway and then a switch is
michelle Shelly
Nov 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Four ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️’s

Great read. I’m really into the whole bully genre right now so that’s what pulled me into this read. Enemies to lovers, YA, all of it.

Hunter is a rich jerk. Camilla is his brother’s nanny and the newest student at his elite high school. It makes his day to torture her but only because she’s the only one who gets to him. Their chemistry is like fireworks and she can’t seem to stay away from him.

This is the first in a trilogy. This is definitely one that you’re going to want to inve
ilashreads
Nov 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Camilla is strong despite events that would tear most people down. I wasn’t really a fan of Hunter, even knowing there's more than meets the eye. Camilla and Hunter both have secrets, and I want to know what they are.

This book was good, I think it lacked the drama that I anticipated. Jenna Scott hinted at some secrets, only for them to be ignored.

I definitely want to read the next book as this one ends in a cliffhanger with unanswered questions. I want to see how Camilla and Hunter's story ends
emily
Nov 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I am not going to write a lot cause i'm not in a good time.

I was truly excited for this book, it's something through a bully romance(one of my favorite tropes) but i didn't like a lot of things about the protagonist, yeah i know that he would be that bully kind of guy but seriously(now talking about his family) having sex in the same pool your six-years-old brother swim and throwing a party with a lot of strangers while his little brother was upstairs sleeping and don't even care about his well-
Mel
Nov 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
CLIFFHANGER WARNING!!

Have you seen the meme about getting 60% of the way through the book and wondering if you are reading a 'clean' romance novel? Be prepared to think that - even with the dirty make-out scenes, this book will leave you salivating for more!

*Received an ARC from Candi Kane PR. My review is my own.
Kasey McCarthy
Nov 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Camilla has a hard life but she’s trying to work toward a better life. She’s a nanny for Hunter’s son but they don’t get along at all. Hunter gives her a hard time but why is that? Will they ever get along?
A.
Nov 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a great book for a debut author! The characters and the writing were stellar. I was intrigued by the characters from day one and couldn’t put the book down. That cliffhanger 😭😭😭. Can’t wait to see what’s next.
Ana Elena
Nov 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"This Boy" written by author Jenna Scott left me not only with the dire need for her next book but also addicted to her writings!
I adored the main characters' dynamic and loved the interactions between them because of the unique way in which the author managed to portray their personalities. Therefore, helping me to furder connect with the characters and understand them better.
Uthamy
Nov 20, 2020
Rebecca
rated it did not like it
Nov 20, 2020
Nov 24, 2020
Paz
Nov 22, 2020

• Date Me Like You Mean It
  • Kingpin's Foxglove (The Tarkhanov Empire, #1)
  • Mafia Casanova
  • Little Lies
  • Reign of a King (Kingdom Duet, #1)
  • Jingle Wars
  • Chasing the Moon
  • Striker (Redwood Rebels #1)
  • Lord of London Town (Adley Firm #1)
  • My Darling Arrow (St. Mary’s Rebels, #1)
  • Rule of a Kingdom
  • See Me After Class
  • Wicked Idol
  • Return Billionaire to Sender (Billionaires of Manhattan #5)
  • Trust Him (Rebels at Sterling Prep #4)
  • Man in Charge (Man in Charge Duet, #1)
  • Stroke of Midnight
  • Broken Kingdom (Royal Hearts Academy #4)

News & Interviews