Start by marking “The Cowboy's Christmas Miracle (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Cowboy's Christmas Miracle (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #4)

The Cowboy's Christmas Miracle (Cowboys of Cold Creek #4)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  543 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
Christmas was tough for widow Jenna Wheeler and her four children. But even though she'd sold part of her family's land to make ends meet, she was determined to spin the holiday into the stuff of magic--no matter what it took. Now if she could only find a job....Maybe her new landlord could oblige--gorgeous, child-averse Carson McRaven. He needed a chef, and he knew the lo ...more
Paperback, Silhouette Special Edition #1933, 218 pages
Published November 1st 2008 by Silhouette Books (first published October 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Cowboy's Christmas Miracle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cowboy's Christmas Miracle

Terri Wino
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: year-2017
Awwww, I loved this Christmas story! Carson is a grumpy, grinchy cowboy who has his life turned upside down by widow Jenna and her four kids. This was a sweet, heart-warming holiday story without being sickening or ridiculous. And I may, or may not have had to dab at my eyes a couple of times with a tissue...allergies, you know? 😉

Highly recommend if you're looking for a holiday romantic story that isn't just about the romance.

This may just be my favorite from RaeAnne Thayne so far!
Paige
Oct 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, nook, 2011-books
A wonderful Christmas read!

CEO Carson McRaven has lost touch with what is really important in life. Growing up with his drug addict mother didn't give him the time to enjoy life and appreciate the little things. The death of his young wife and their son in childbirth has left him not allowing anybody to depend on him.

Since buying widow Jenna Wheeler's ranch, he's constantly having to keep his eyes on her three young sons. When he sees her life, all he sees is chaos and noise.

Yet, one day when
Emily
Oct 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: cowboys, own-kindle
Carson McRaven doesn't have anything againist kids, he just doesn't want any and plans to steer clear of them. It seems harder to do when widower Jenna Wheeler's kids keep finding their way on his property. As if the reasons to bump into each other keep adding up, the final straw is when his personal chef cancels last minute for an event that is planned at the McRaven ranch, and Jenna is the best cook he knows. She agrees to help him out, but Carson can't seem to keep his eyes or lips off the wo ...more
Cheryl
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable Christmas story. Jenna is a widow, her husband dying at Christmas 2 years earlier. To get out of debt and take care of her 4 children, she had to sell the ranch to weathly Carson, keeping a small house and 20 acres for herself. She also caters. Carson is in a bind and needs to hire Jenna to cook for his guests. She falls on the stairs and Carson has to take care of her and her children.
Patrice
Nov 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Jenna Wheeler is a widowed mother of four,trying to give her young children as much normalcy as possible. The past two Christmases have been very hard on them and she vows to herself to make this a great Christmas. Her husband died from a tragic farming accident two Christmases ago and the last Christmas found Jenna in the hospital again, this time with her baby girl fighting pneumonia. She has had to make some tough decisions regarding her family’s finances and one of them was to sell off a ma ...more
Donna Alward
Apr 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
December naturally calls for a holiday story and so I snagged Thayne's The Cowboy's Christmas Miracle off my TBR.

WHY did it take me so long to read something by this author? I wish I'd done it sooner. I really really loved this book. Maybe not everyone would - I know my neighbour doesn't enjoy romances with kids in them for example. But here's my list of what I loved:

A strong heroine who has faced adversity but hasn't let it make her bitter - she's a hard worker and a good woman. Jenna's kindnes
Alea
Jan 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
The Cowboy's Christmas Miracle is my first "category" or "series" romance. I had no idea what to expect and what I discovered was a wholesome, family Christmas story with a very sweet romance.

At first Jenna and Carson obviously dislike each other, Jenna because Carson bought up her ranch (except for the plot her home is on) and seems to dislike her children who are having a hard time letting go and Carson because Jenna's children always seem to be on his property making problems. They are polite
Jodi
Jul 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Jenna Wheeler may have been a widow with four children but that didn't mean she wasn't capable of holding her own with the wealthy businessman who had bought all but 20 acres of of the Wheeler family ranch. Every time he turned around, one of Wheeler's three boys was on his property and causing him grief. But when an emergency requires that Carson hire Jenna as his personal chef, suddenly the tables are turned. He's invited her family into his home and his life will never be the same. This was a ...more
Danielle Liddell
Sweet

I'm NOT one for romance stories, usually I'm the type of woman who like action and fantasy. I found Raeanne Thayne about two years ago on a whim and she stole my heart with Blackberry Summer and the folks of Hope's Crossing, so I decided to give her other series a try and once again she has woven a charming tale of love lost and the road to healing one's self. so when I'm between fantasy series I read her novels and the good ole boys of Cold Creek don't disappoint.
Victoria Sigsworth
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The only Mills and Boon author that I read. You know what you get with these but there are still things that happen which aren't predictable. The best aspect of her books, especially the Christmas ones are her descriptions of Christmas and the houses at Christmas and the cooking. Some people would say they are cheesy and maybe they are but I really enjoyed this and in fact,I found the chapter on Christmas Day quite moving.
Mary
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

A great read love all the Cowboys of Cold Creek books that I have read and this one is no different. RaeAnne's writing is great. Love all her books.
Linda George
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Two people for quite different backgrounds - a poor widow with 4 young children and a business wizard whose hard work has paid off in great wealth. As neighbors the children accidentally led the adults to an unlikely romance.
Sue Stewart
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding story! Really depicts the true meaning of family. Jenna, Carson, and the kids - great characters - loved them all. Another fall-in-love Christmas story!
Janet
3.75!
Lynda
Dec 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Young mother of four, Idahoan widow Jenna Wheeler was forced to make many concessions, her happy family once shattered was turning the corner. Selling most of her ranch to an outsider wasn’t easy and living down the road from it was even more difficult for her boys. Like a beacon in the night, they were drawn to Raven’s Nest Ranch to the disdain of its owner, tech investor Carson McRaven. Impatient with his neighbour’s lack of control over her children, fate stepped in, aligning Carson on a coll ...more
Pamela Devereux
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jenna Wheeler is a person to admire. She is raising 4 children on her own. That her 3 boys are a hand full, is an understatement. Not only that, she is starting her own catering business. Her 3 boys, Hayden, Drew and Kip are constantly doing things on Carson McCrane's property, which was their own property. Jenna is constantly trying to tell them to stay off but Grandma Pat feeds into the boys mischief. Yet the miracle of Christmas is blooming. Carson's ice wall is melting and the key is Jolie, ...more
Brianne
Jan 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: cowboy, holiday
3.5

I liked the book well enough, that I read it in one sitting. I thought the kids that featured in the story were funny and what I can imagine kids of that age being like, especially as Christmas Day got closer. I thought some of the writing got a little repetitive in that the main issues that the hero had with falling for the heroine were repeated and repeated but then when he changes his mind we do not see or are not told the why - that it just happens because of his experiences.
JoAnn
Dec 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This is a very satisfying, well-written story, perfect for the Christmas season. Family is a very important part of the story and while their is some heat, there is no sex in the book.

It is about a young widow with four children who had to sell most all of her family's ranch (to pay off her late husband's medical bills) to a wealthy CEO who doesn't do family and is rather annoyed that her sons keep running over his ranch like it was still theirs.
Ann Keller
Dec 31, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
What a wonderful, romantic and heart warming story! Suitable at Christmas time or during any time of the year.

The Cowboy’s Christmas Miracle is filled with love, family values and the painful memories of a man whose life was very different. Ms. Thayne teaches us a worthy lesson - things are not always what they seem. Looking forward to reading more books in the Cowboys of Cold Creek series!
Misti
Jul 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This was a sweet, Christmassy Contemporary romance. I could probably have lived without the on-again/off-again relationship between the main characters but I understand that's what drove this particular plot forward. Comes complete with plot-ragamuffins but they're generally not too overwhelming. I might re-read this around Christmas next year. Pretty cute and memorable.
Tonya Warner
Jenna has four little kids to make a perfect Christmas come true after two years of tragedy. Carson just wanted peace and quiet and to not get involved with the pretty widow or her children. Luckily, a Christmas miracle helps them both find the love and joy that they needed.

A great story.
Shelly
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heart Warming

Heart Warming

Again Raeanne has outdone herself with this book... for the last few yrs Christmas has been nothing but heartache for a woman and her four children. for a man his business and new ranch was all that he thought he needed in life.... a few mishaps and you end up with this book.
Ridley
Dec 28, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommended to Ridley by: Free from Tell Harlequin
Meh. Nothing about this book impressed me in either direction. It's just a straightforward hetero woman's masturbation fantasy of a rich, handsome rancher falling in love with her and her four children. Lots of heart-melting hot man holding a toddler business...you know the drill.
Debbi
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As always, I love anything written by RaeAnne Thayne. This was my first book in the Cowboys of Cold Creek series. Looks like I'll have to read more of them. This was a beautiful and heartwarming Christmas story full of family, laughter, tears and love. It gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling.
Doranna Durgin
Jan 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book was a freebie and I'm glad it came here. It's no more than what it's meant to be--light, sweet, engaging, and soothing--but it does all those things just as it should. I read it during a stressful time and I'm glad I had it.
Madison Warner Fairbanks
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Cowboy's Christmas Miracle by Reanna Thayne
A widowed mother of four caters a few meals for the cowboy business man that bought her former ranch. Soon more than the meals are heating up.
A truly touching story about a lonely man who finds unexpected love.
Reader
Jan 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
What a read a great read. Plus its a Christmas story love reading these they put you right in the mood. It sure did put me in the mood for the holiday. They need more stories like these.
Tracy's Place
Feb 06, 2011 rated it liked it
3.5 out of 5
  • A Holiday to Remember
  • Dakota Child (Dakota #1)
  • The Older Man
  • Bedded And Wedded For Revenge (Modern Romance)
  • Together for Christmas: 5-B Poppy Lane\When We Touch\Welcome to Icicle Falls\Starstruck
  • Skinny Dipping
  • Small Treasures
  • The Surprise Of His Life (Silhouette Special Edition #688)
  • Rocky Mountain Man (Bluebonnet Bride, #6)
  • The Intern Affair (Dynasties: The Elliotts #9)
  • Winter Woman
  • Classified Christmas (Whitehorse Montana, #4)
  • The Return of Patrick O'Rourke (Jamesville, #3)
  • The Executive's Surprise Baby (The Garrisons, #6)
  • The Stranger
  • Private S.W.A.T. Takeover (The Precinct: Brotherhood of the Badge #3; The Precinct #9)
  • Gypsy
  • No Ordinary Love
I'm not one of those people who knew from birth she was destined to become a writer. I always loved to read and throughout my childhood I could usually be found with a book in my hands. To the disgust of my friends, I even enjoyed creative writing assignments that made them all groan. But I had other dreams besides writing. I wanted to be an actress or a teacher or a lawyer.

Life took a different t
More about RaeAnne Thayne

Cowboys of Cold Creek (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Light The Stars (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #1)
  • Dancing In The Moonlight (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #2)
  • Dalton's Undoing (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #3)
  • A Cold Creek Homecoming (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #5)
  • A Cold Creek Holiday (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #6)
  • A Cold Creek Secret (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #7)
  • A Cold Creek Baby (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #8)
  • Christmas in Cold Creek (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #9)
  • A Cold Creek Reunion (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #10)
  • A Cold Creek Noel (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #11)

Romance Deals

• Wild Kisses (Wildwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Dangerous Engagement (The Regency Spies of London, #3)
  • Trouble in Paradise
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Staying For Good (Most Likely To, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Miss Fortune (Lear Family Trilogy #3)
  • Almost Like Love
  • Party Girl
  • Cross My Heart
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Grave Secrets (Rogue River #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • If I Didn't Know Better (The Callaways #9)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Beauty Queen (Lear Family Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Wife (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #3)
  • Incentive
    $3.99 $1.99
  • It Started With a Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • The Color of Water in July
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • A Forever Thing (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dead in Her Tracks (Rogue Winter, #2)
  • Flirting with Felicity
  • Long, Hot Texas Summer
  • You'll Think of Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Lily Love
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Forever is the Worst Long Time
    $4.99 $1.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet as Sin (Bad Habit, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dollmaker (The Forgotten Files, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Shameless (White Lies Duet #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Burn for You (Slow Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Be Mine Forever (St. Helena Vineyard, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Lake (Sweet Lake #1)
  • The Barefoot Summer
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Smart Girl (The Girl's #3)
  • Falling Together
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Warrior's Revenge
  • Lily's White Lace
    $4.49 $1.99
  • A Viscount's Proposal (The Regency Spies of London, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fear For Me: A Novel of the Bayou Butcher (For Me, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Break Me (Corrupted Hearts, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Black and Green (The Ghost Bird, #11)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Wager
  • Enrage (Eagle Elite )
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Spiral of Need (The Mercury Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Infraction (Players Game, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Material Girl (The Fancy Lives of the Lear Sisters, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Summer in Napa (St. Helena Vineyard, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Devil's Daughter (Hidden Sins #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
  • P.S. from Paris
  • The Rules of Regret
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Shining Whatever (Three Magic Words Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Follow Me (Corrupted Hearts, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Girl (The Girl's Series Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Trouble with Tomboys (Tommy Creek #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All There Is (Juniper Hills, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul and Blade (Blood and Bone, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Delta: Redemption (Delta, #3)
  • The Curiosity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dealing Double (Heartbreaker, #2)
  • Spin (Spin, #1)
    $7.74 $0.99
  • On Her Father's Grave (Rogue River #1)
  • Before Goodbye
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Blood and Bone (Blood and Bone, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Hot Shot (Hostile Operations Team, #5)
  • The Way Life Should Be: A Novel
    $11.74 $1.99
  • The Yellow Rose Beauty Shop (Cadillac, Texas #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Force of Temptation (Mercury Pack, #2)
  • Wildalone
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Let Go (Hard Ink, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Darkest Torment (Lords of the Underworld #12)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Lady Bridget's Diary (Keeping Up with the Cavendishes, #1)
  • What to Say Next
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Fury of Surrender (Dragonfury, #6)
  • Map of the Heart
  • By Your Side
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Riveted (Saints of Denver, #3)
  • The Memory Book
  • Holding Up the Universe
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Forever with You (Wait for You, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Tear Us Apart (Never, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Forbidden (Old West #1)
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Locked in Temptation (The Protectors #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Van (Cold Fury Hockey, #9)
  • If There's No Tomorrow
  • The Love Letters of Abelard and Lily
  • Words in Deep Blue
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Runaway Vampire (Argeneau, #23)
  • Secrets of the Tulip Sisters
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Any Dream Will Do
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Comfort of Secrets (Sweet Lake #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fierce Obsessions (The Phoenix Pack, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It's In His Heart (Red River Valley, #1)
  • Wicked Angel
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Somewhere in France: A Novel of the Great War
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Autumn in the Vineyard (St. Helena Vineyard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From the Moment We Met (St. Helena Vineyard, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Beard Made Me Do It (The Dixie Warden Rejects MC #5)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Midnight Secrets (Wildefire, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Wind Dancer (Wind Dancer, #1)
  • Dead Wrong (Dead #1)