Start by marking “Five on Kirrin Island Again (Famous Five, #6)” as Want to Read:
Five on Kirrin Island Again (Famous Five, #6)

Five on Kirrin Island Again

(The Famous Five #6)

What can Uncle Quentin be up to - all alone - on Kirrin Island. He won't let anyone visit - not even George and the rest of the Famous Five. But Quentin isn't really all alone on the island - somebody is watching his every move! About The Author: Enid Blyton, 1896 - November 28, 1959 Enid Blyton was born in London in 1896. She was educated in a private school and thought t ...more
Published 2001 by Hodder Children's Books (first published 1947)

To ask other readers questions about Five on Kirrin Island Again, please sign up.
Jyosthna We have to download this by going to the app good readers

Mark Lawrence
Sep 20, 2011 rated it it was ok
Although I rated this one long ago it turns out that I was mistaken in thinking I had read it. Recently I listened to the audiobook with my daughter.

It's in this book that the trusty fisherboy, who appears now and then in the first five books, mysterious changes his name from Alf to James. I like to think Blyton was playing the long game and had the series endured past book 23 this would have been resolved amid the unravelling of some dastardly plot.

This volume is one of the weaker ones in the s
Kelly-Marie
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
4 stars 🌟 was a very good read just not as good as the previous books hence why it dropped a star.
Sunshine
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Uncle Quentin you really are the most infuriating and grumpy old fart. You angry up my blood to Hulk proportions!

Anne although the others think you're a pointless, incompetent turd, I think you're brave and kind with just a hint of Snow White twee for good measure.

Timmy, clever boy you appear to have learnt how to understand the entire English language so stop faking it and say something other than woof!

Aunt Fanny, if Uncle Quentin can't remember to eat when he's hungry I say tough! Just make
Tammi Doyle
Apr 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Any book that simultaneously advocates developing an alternative fuel source (circa-1950) and suggests the necessary ingredients in the underground rescue of a 13 year old are shovels and brandy is ok in my opinion.
Nadja
Sep 23, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hörspiel, time-2018
Onkel Quentin ist an einer grossen Erforschung, da lauern die Bösen natürlich nicht weit entfernt. Georgie plappert wie immer über sensible Sachen (sie hatte ja nicht schon vor ein paar Folgen dasselbe gemacht, Mädchen halt 😒) und ein Tunnel wird entdeckt, welcher vom Festland zur Felseninsel führt (sehr logisch). [22.08.2018]
Paul E. Morph
This instalment in the Famous Five series seemed a little dull to me in comparison to the last two books, which were both pretty high on the excitement scale.

Perhaps it was the fact that they were back on Kirrin Island for the third time... or perhaps it was because not a lot really happened until the third act, when things did start to pick up.

Don't get me wrong; I still enjoyed the book... just nowhere near as much as the previous two.

P.S. - I'm not completely mad; I do realise I'm not the tar
Azia
Oct 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
George sebal sekali mendapat surat dari Ibunya. Pulau Kirrin akan digunakan ayahnya untuk percobaan. Ayah George seorang ilmuwan yang terkenal. Ia membangun menara disamping puri tua di pulau itu. Bagi George,Pulau Kirrin adalah pulau miliknya. Ia tidak suka ada orang yang datang tanpa seijinnya termasuk ayahnya sendiri. Rencana liburan paskah George akan berkemah bersama 3 sepupunya, Julian, Dick dan Anne pun gagal.

5 sekawan mengunjungi ayah George yang biasa dipanggil Paman Quentin oleh Julia
Monish
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book and uncle Quentin acted really weird.
Dave Johnston
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The kids are getting older, and there's still 15 books to go. Julian's gonna be 40 by book 21. Timmy and Dick are still my boy's favourites
Vinay Leo R.
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun to read but not my favourite book in the series. I liked Timmy's judgment in this book and wondered why George couldn't use better judgment.
Arush Ul islam
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kirsti
Nov 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I have been reading quite a few of these books lately, although not in any particular order. The book starts with George receiving a letter from her mother; her father is going to stay on George's beloved Kirrin Island, set up a tower, and conduct experiments there! Of course, George is furious, but Timmy is there to comfort her and make her feel better.

The story progresses with the children returning from school to have their holidays at Kirrin cottage, and be in full view of the Island and the
Aicha Jwz
I remember watching Famous 5: on the case again (show about the original five offspring) on Disney channel wen I was younger.

Well, with the mystery, sadly, I prefer the TV show over the book.

The summary a goes like this.
The cousins: George (Georgina, she wanted to be a boy so everyone calls her George),
Timmy (George's dog), Anne, Dick (I really dislike this name...), and Julian wanted to spend the holiday on George's island, but can't since her father is doing some. Secret experiments there. A
Faa
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
George was furious when Uncle Quentin request to borrow her island, Kirrin from her for some sciencetific experiments. She reluctantly agreed and later, when arrived home, she found out that Uncle Quentin had added up a glass tower for his purpose of experiments. Adventure began when Uncle Quentin asked George to leave Timmy with him, since he felt that he was not alone in the island.

Later, the adventure began and they surprised to find out that it all had to do with Uncle Quentin experiment.
Neja
Dec 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-childhood
These books (Famous five) are hands down one of my favorite books from my childhood. All those adventures and mystery …and those sandwiches they always packed! aww, just the best! I would love to read one of these again. To bring back those memories..memories of first experiences with reading books.
Shirley Revill
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
Loved by myself my children and Grandchildren. In fact loved by all children big or small.
Pure nostalgia
Frezanda
One thing that confused me is why Alf became James here.
Hesty
Sep 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
like the other Enid Blytons', the "ever be in my favorites memory since the very first i've finished reading it"
Farseer
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bartolomeu De Bensafrim
uma tristeza afiada
massaja os corações dos rapazes.
não porque Timmy desapareceu mas
simplesmente
porque um sentimento de indiferença
preguiça e confusão
saltou sobre eles e aterrou
de pés juntos
sobre as suas consciências.
não têm vontade de continuar -
querem mesa farta
banho quente
e cama perfumada.

mas
uma vez mais
a prostituta intervem:
vejo nos vossos olhos
ramelas que pertencem a outros -
responsabilidades
vontades mesquinhas
vergonhosas
medrosas
que vos fazem querer seguir a normalidade
que vos fazem pergun
Clarissa
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Ahh... Lima Sekawan bukunya cukup menyenangkan dan ringan untuk dibaca... tdk teralu bertele-tele deskriptif dan cukup to the point... yg membuat pembaca dpt betah untuk terus membaca bukunya meskipun endingnya selalu happy ending namun dalam setiap seri lima sekawan tokoh penjahat dan cara anak2 melawan penjahat sering kali susah ditebak dan mengasyikan... Untuk seri kali ini yaitu Rahasia di Pulau kirrin, saya mula-mulanya merasa penasaran dgn apa yg sebenarnya dilakukan paman Quentin di pulau ...more
Varshini
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Again, similar to my review for #5, it almost seems like Anne is being put down a lot as opposed to George who is a boy and is amazing and stuff like that. I am keeping an open mind in that she is the youngest and siblings tease each other a lot, but something feels off.

I also have some feelings about how kids who aren't the famous five are treated. Edgar was called pathetic, but Nobby and (kid from this book) were considered pitiful/need a break. Maybe because Edgar did make use of his situatio
sparrowcrazy
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Listening to these on audiobook for a change and a enjoying the stories a lot.

These books are a little bit like the Redwall stories.. the author have found a working recipe and sees no reason to change it.

Food- check, secret passages - check, bad guys - check.

This book did seem a bit off for some reason, not that it's bad but the characters are and behave a bit different to the previous ones. George is really childish and Dick seems rather rude, and Alf has had a name change to James.

But it doe
Henrik Havighorst
Aug 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Another outing of the Famous Five, this time leading back to Kirrin island and once again, an ludicrous plot is foiled by the gang of kids. It features the usual elements that make the book so exciting and comfortable. Secret tunnels, evil agents, a mysterious invention and struggles to come to terms with the family. The interplay between the kids is not as strong as in previous entries in the series and the "re-used" setting also makes this one of the weaker entries thus far (as compared to Fiv ...more
CAROLINE JENSEN
Sep 17, 2018 rated it liked it
My depression makes it hard for me to concentrate and I have a hard time reading things that forces me to reflect - I often feel like I fail to discover all the hidden layers. So when I found these old books about the Famous Five, I started reading immediately - partly because it brings back childhood memories, partly because they are so easy to read. I have to admit, despite being 25 years old I found this book pretty exciting and funny. My favorite character will always be George, since I can ...more
Nicola
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, adventure
"What can Uncle Quentin be up to - all alone - on Kirrin Island. .."

I absolutely adored Famous Five as a child. I trawled through secondhand stores and slowly acquired all of them. For some reason in my childhood, there were lots of British books and comics widely available and back then they were sold for the mighty sum of 10 cents. Seems funny now when some of the secondhand shops charge $7-10 per book! I still have all of them safely saved in storage for when Little Miss grows up.
Asuka Mai
Nov 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Kali ini 5 sekawan kecewa tidak bisa berlibur di Pulau Kirrin, pulau kesukaan George dan pulau yang dianggap miliknya. Karena Paman Quentin mengirimkan surat kepada George untuk memakai pulau tersebut sebagai tempat penelitian nya.

Namun ada hal aneh dimana lima sekawan tersebut tidak dapat menemukan keberadaan Paman Quentin, pulau tersebut banyak yang belum diketahui rahasia nya oleh Lima sekawan tampaknya.

Petualangan kali ini lumayan tapi tidak seseru biasanya ^^
Nina
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved the ending of this one so much. The perfect example of Timmy being such a sweet, loyal and clever dog. Otherwise the story did start of a bit dull, with Quentin being his typical self and everything streamlining very stereotypically. But it is a good adventure and the ending makes up for it by far.
Linhnd
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mình đọc bản tiếng Việt chứ kp bản tiếng anh đâu
Huhu vẫn hay như ngày nào, k có lời nào để chê ngoài việc Nhã Nam mắc vài lỗi in nhỏ nhg vì mua đc e nó với giá hời nên thôi hài lòng bỏ qua :))
Vẫn luôn là no.1 truyện thiếu nhi trong lòng mình
Mallorie Jones
Jun 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
If you have a book you're trying to force yourself to read, you're not going to like it so I stopped. I got to chapter 4 and had millions of other books I'd rather be reading. Maybe I'll try again but not now.
  • The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #7)
  • The Secret of Skeleton Island (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #6)
  • The Secret of the Crooked Cat (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #13)
  • Well Done, The Naughtiest Girl! (The Naughtiest Girl, #8)
  • Di Gua Kelelawar (Lima Sekawan)
  • The Secret of the Haunted Mirror (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #21)
  • Sophie's Secret (Sophie, #2)
  • Mostly Sunny with a Chance of Storms
  • Shadows in the Twilight (Joel Gustafsson, #2)
Enid Mary Blyton (1897 - 1968) was an English author of children's books.

Born in South London, Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 192

The Famous Five (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Five on a Treasure Island (Famous Five, #1)
  • Five Go Adventuring Again (Famous Five, #2)
  • Five Run Away Together (Famous Five, #3)
  • Five Go to Smuggler's Top (Famous Five, #4)
  • Five Go Off in a Caravan (Famous Five, #5)
  • Five Go Off to Camp (Famous Five, #7)
  • Five Get Into Trouble (Famous Five, #8)
  • Five Fall Into Adventure (Famous Five, #9)
  • Five on a Hike Together (Famous Five, #10)
  • Five Have a Wonderful Time (Famous Five, #11)