Start by marking “Healing My Heart (Second Chance Chicago, #4)” as Want to Read:
Healing My Heart (Second Chance Chicago, #4)

Healing My Heart

(Second Chance Chigago #4)

Going home for the holidays is supposed to be joyful and relaxing.
Until I land in Chicago and reconnect with Evan Holt.
Cue anxiety, hopeful star eyes, and sweaty palms.

Three years ago, the ambitious lawyer and steadfast single dad broke my heart.
That hasn’t stopped him from appearing in my dreams or lingering in my thoughts as a big, unanswered “what-if?”
Now, I’m back, h
Published December 3rd 2020 by Three Cities Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Healing My Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Healing My Heart

Start your review of Healing My Heart (Second Chance Chicago, #4)
Shatarupa  Dhar
Healing My Heart, the fourth book in the Second Chance Chicago Series is a second-chance contemporary romance. There are spoilers in the review for Book One and Two of the series.

Synopsis:
Charlotte "Charlie" Adams once hoped, when she was twenty-four, that Evan Holt will make her his. But then she realised that she should never put her dreams on hold, certainly not for a man who wasn't certain about her. And she moves to New York to pursue interior designing.

Some three years later, Evan Holt
Mia
Nov 26, 2020 rated it liked it

Healing My Hear is the fourth novel in Second Chance Chicago, series by Gina Azzi, romantic and sweet this story is sure to lure in fans romance novels and emotional stories.

Charlie and Evan are the protagonists of this love story; a single dad and a sweet girl that have past. They both eloquently show their vulnerabilities and I found I warmed to them both very early on. Their chemistry is palpable and led to some very sexy, passionate scenes between the hero and heroine.

As the story
diann bryan
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Charlie & Evan’s story! A story of second chances and what a Wonderful story it was!

These characters in this series have been so much fun to read and Gina Azzi wraps this one up with a lot of tape. It takes you a while to get to the present inside but when you do, it’s just what you wanted and hoped for.
I will leave you with a quote from this second chance story.....

“ Our hearts can’t heal if we try to ignore our pasts, to pretend they never happened. Instead, we should celebrate the good times,
Erin Lewis
Nov 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review Healing My Heart (Second Chance Chicago #2) by Gina Azzi

Gina Azzi is a new author to me and I have no idea why I have not come across her books before.

Healing My Heart is a second chance at love story which was an entertaining read. Evan and Charlie have history and when Charlie finds herself returning home to contemplate her future she runs in to single dad Evan, the man who broke her heart and volunteers to help him out with his young son Ollie since he seems to need a nanny.

D
Suzanne
Nov 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
GAAAH! The feels! Especially when Evan gets his head out of his rump and realizes what he has in front of him. Anywho, getting ahead of myself. Evan and Charlie had a long standing thing but when things blurred between the lines for her and Evan fought it and not for her, she ran. Honestly, I could not blame the girl. But when things got intense after coming home from being gone so long, I adored Evan and not wanted to smack him for fighting for her and not fighting his feelings. But Charlie is ...more
Becky Burrier
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Charlie and Evan have a past. But life and circumstances were not aligned for them to be together. Charlie moved to New York City to continue on with her schooling leaving Evan and all of the dirtiness of Chicago behind. Now, three years later, Charlie is home for the holidays to visit family and figure out her next career move.
Evan single dad to Ollie, workaholic, failed marriage because of his wife’s addiction. In a pinch Charlie jumps in to help Evan when for the next few weeks, he seems to
Krista Webster
Dec 03, 2020 rated it really liked it

Healing My Heart is told in alternating POV’s by Charlotte “Charlie” Adams and Evan Holt. It can be read as a standalone or enjoyed as book 4 in the series.

Charlie had problems with her dad and a controlling boyfriend during her teenage years which put her behind with her education. She is now easy going, funny and bubbly. She has managed to get her life back on track, goes to college and works part time at Shooters. She starts a relationship with single dad Evan, their chemistry is great and s
Books, Booze & Bon Voyage

Priscila
Dec 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lidos-2020
<> Healing My Heart - Gina Azzi - Second Chances Chicago #4 | 237p. Independente 🇺🇲🔞 5⭐
Três anos atrás Evan partiu o coração de Charlie para fazê-la voar. Agora ela está de volta a Chicago mais linda e independente do que nunca e ele não sabe bem o que fazer com isso. Quando ela se oferece para cuidar do filho dele de doze anos, Ollie, eles acabam se reconectando e a chama entre eles renasce. Porém, Charlie tem um ex que voltara para tornar a vida dela miserável e fará com que ela se afaste de
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really love Gina Azzi's writing style, and have come to crave her stories, but I just couldn't get past what Evan did. You see, I just don't have the easy forgiving gene because before I forgive someone who broke my heart, I'm putting them through the paces first. Evan broke Charlie's heart so he was public enemy #1 in my eyes. And it didn't help that the moment she came home, she was helping him out with his son (the son stole the show honestly), so he should have been bending over backwards ...more
thehotmesslibrary
Nov 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Healing My Heart by Gina Azzi is book 4 in the Second Chance Chicago series and can be read as a standalone. The book tells the story of Charlie and Evan. Both of them have a past with each other, but Evan wasn’t willing to stand up and make a commitment to Charlie, so she left Chicago to finish her education. Years later, they come back together again when Charlie comes home for the holidays to help not only her family but also Evan’s family, when she helps him to look after his son, Ollie.

Eve
crazyyummy
Dec 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
ARC is provided in exchange for honest review ~

This is the first time I read from Gina Azzi so I didn't know what to expect. But surprisingly, this book is actually better than I expected and I truly enjoyed it very much. Basically, this story is about Charlie and Evan who had a past but they ended up parting ways since Evan couldn't give Charlie more than what she desires. Three years later, Charlie returned to visit her family, and along the way she decided to help Evan to take care of his son
Wendy Livingstone
Dec 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is the 4th book in this series and is Evan and Charlie’s story. These two have a history and Charlie was heartbroken when Evan walked away 3-years previously. Having been away to finish schooling Charlie is now home for the holidays to visit her family and figure out her next career move. Evan is a workaholic lawyer and single dad, and when he needs a nanny for his son Ollie, Charlie offers to help. Can these two have a 2nd chance? This is a well written story which is sweet, romantic, pass ...more
Karen_
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Healing My Heart
(Second Chance Chicago #4)
Written by: Gina Azzi

I haven’t read a Gina Azzi book for awhile, reading Healing My Heart has made me realize I need to do so more often.

Charlie Adams and Evan Holt had been one hot item when ever they got together, but Charlie was a bit more invested in what they had and Evan was playing the “I shouldn’t,” “I can’t,” “I don’t want to hold her back,” game and in the end he didn’t hold her back, she left to go New York City and study in design school some
Heather Miller
Wow!! Wonderful book!!

I was so excited to read Evan and Charlie's story after seeing them together in Saving My Soul. I absolutely adore Ollie's character, and I love that Charlie helped Evan out watching him while she was home.

I thought the twist on the story involving Charlie's ex was so on point and how it integrated with Evans job as a lawyer.

The ending was absolutely perfect... perfect HEA and I couldn't ask for more.

Loved this story sooooooo much!! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I recieved an ARC for my honest r
Jackie Wright
Nov 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars for Healing My Heart ( Second Chance Chicago #4)
This is the first book I have read by Gina Azzi but it certainly won’t be the last because Charlie and Evan’s story ticked all my boxes, in fact it’s left wanting to play catch up with the rest of this entertaining series. I may not have read the previous books in Second Chance, Chicago but that didn’t stop me falling hard and fast for this couple as well as loving all the secondary characters.
Evan is a single dad to Ollie, a workaholic
Loralie
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Evan and Charlie. You broke my heart. This one had so much hurt, but so much love and sacrifice. It's even worse when you have to see the person you let go of because that person is in your group of family and friends. I loved this story about finding yourself and living your dreams to get to the next phase of your life. It also tells you to not give up when the road seems extremely long. Everyone deserves a second chance at love and life. ...more
Karin
Dec 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Charlie & Evan’s second chance love story was sweet and engaging and I loved Charlie which is rare for me cause I typically always like the hero more then the heroine but not in this one, in this one I wanted to slap Evan for hurting Charlie and still after years later when he needs help with his son she steps in no questions asked. There chemistry was still strong but there’s it’s never that easy is it lol
lowkeyreader
Dec 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet and sexy second chance romance between Evan and Charlie. I adore the characters and really loved their story even though there's a little bit of drama. It was still a nice read. I love the romance growth between Evan and Charlie even after three years he broke her heart.

I think Gina did a really great job at this one and I can't wait to read more from her!
Kathryn Manzella
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Healing My Heart by Gina Azzi is the fourth book in the Sevond Chance Chicago series.  This is a  sweet and sexy second chance romance that has a little drama and a lot of fun.  I adore the characters and really loved their story.
Alida Copping
Dec 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful love story with an unexpected ending. Definitely a HEA, but how they get there is not what I expected. I can relate to the characters and understand their life issues. Well worth the read!
Bibliophile  Chloe
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This new story by Gina Azzi is going to keep you turning the pages until the very end! Full of heart, heat and the right amount of angst this story is going to keep you invested!

This is the story of Evan and Charlie.

I absolutely admired Charlie! Her self-preservation skills were amazingly honest and real.  I so empathized with her and I was cheering her hard. She knew she deserved more and her past has shown her that she deserves it!  She is definitely one of my favorite heroines!

Evan, oh my m
Emily Nicholas | Emily The Book Nerd
REVIEW ON MY BLOG

When I saw that Healing My Heart was a second chance at love story set around Christmas time... I knew that I had to pick it up to try. This was the first book that I had read by Gina Azzi and I absolutely adored her writing style. You can read this book out of the series like I did in no specific order. It is a standalone story. I had no idea it was even a series before requesting the ARC to read.

I loved the two main character's Charlie a
Rina's Reads
Nov 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Charlie and Evan... oh how I have longed for this book.
It was everything I hoped it would be and more!

Drama, insecurities, reunions and goodbyes - along with steam, cute kids and other wonderful characters - all combine to give you an emotional, yet fun read that will give you all the warm fuzzies.

I would love to see a follow up on these two (maybe even Harlow as well!) and what lies in store for them. I can't help but feel that we are missing out on some good stuff!
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Finally Evan and Charlie’s story! I’ve been waiting on this one since almost the beginning of this series! This is a single dad (minus the dad bod!) second chance story with a strong, independent female main character. Right from the start of the book I guessed part of what happens at the end so that was kind of obvious but there were a couple of plot points that were quite surprising having to do with Charlie and Evan’s pasts and present being connected in an unexpected way. If you want more de ...more
Melissa
Nov 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Second chance romances are a favorite of mine. Sprinkle in a single dad, a jerky ex meddling, and the heroine following her dreams. This is an agnsty rollercoaster with riding. Thank you for the opportunity to read this ARC.
Becky Claxon
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was so glad to read Evan and Charlie’s whole story. Charlie has been best friends with Zoe, Eli’s wife for years. I felt bad that Charlie had gone through some hard times with her father and had made some bad decisions about a guy when she was younger. It was hard to see how much Charlie feels for Evan, but Evan will not get serious with her. Evan’s son loves Charlie. I was glad to see Charlie leave for New York City to get her graduate degree in design. She is back three years later for Chris ...more
Candice Jacobs
Nov 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Charlie is my spirit animal. I loved this girl so much.

This story was so sweet. I couldn't put this book down. I needed to know everything about these characters.

This is story of second chances. Of chances missed. Of fulfilling your dreams.

I'm always a sucker for a single parent romance, but this story tugged on my heart strings.

Gina Azzi, had me going from the prologue.

Evan and Charlie are so right for each other and Ollie was totally adorable.

As with all relationships - obstacles occur but
Minnie
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ARC Review
Charlie and Evan were close in the past, but fate parted their ways and Charlie moved to New York City. Now, three years later, their paths meet again when Charlie goes to back to Chicago for a family visit and decide to stay at least for a month, while waiting for decisions of her job applications.
She decides to help taking care of Evan’s 10-year old son, Ollie. She tries to stay away from Evan as much as it’s possible, but she can’t deny she still has feelings for Evan, and Evan to
Teri Ruscak
Dec 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Healing My Heart: A Second Chance Single Dad Romance (Second Chance Chicago Series Book 4) by Gina Azzi.
ARC REVIEW
Evan and Charlie
This is the first book by Gina Azzi I have read, and honestly did not realize it was part of a series. It read as a standalone.
This book brings out all of the feels!
I am definitely #TEAMCHARLIE! I love that she made Evan work for it!

• Floored (Ward Sisters, #3)
  • Not What I Expected
  • Blame it on the Champagne (Blame it on the Alcohol, #1)
  • Chasing the Moon
  • Forsaken Trail (Runaway, #4)
  • Hard to Hold (Play Hard #2)
  • The Revenge Pact (Kings of Football, #1)
  • Guarded (The Everyday Heroes World)
  • Trick or Treat: A Steinbeck U Prequel Story
  • Nanny I Want to Mate
  • On The Rebound (Steinbeck U, #1)
  • His Lost Love (Manhattan Billionaires #1)
  • Lilac
  • Protective Instinct (The Unlovabulls #1)
  • Take Me Away (Southern Bride, #6)
  • Sheriff's Secret (Brigs Ferry Bay, #1)
  • The Busker and The Barista (Rare Breeds, #1)
  • Write Before Christmas
Hi! I'm Gina and I write realistic, relatable, sweet New Adult and Contemporary Romance books. A NJ native, I have lived and worked abroad before settling in Canada with my husband and Littles. Although I can't iron (at all), I am a passionate reader, frequent globetrotter, and aspiring baker (recipes appreciated!). I love hearing from fellow readers so please connect!

VISIT MY AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE!

Second Chance Chigago (4 books)
  • Broken Lies (Second Chance Chicago, #1)
  • Twisted Truths (Second Chance Chicago, #2)
  • Saving My Soul (Second Chance Chicago, #3)

News & Interviews