Start by marking “To Sir, with Love” as Want to Read:
To Sir, with Love

To Sir, with Love

Perpetually cheerful and eager to please, Gracie Cooper strives to make the best out of every situation. So when her father dies just months
Expected publication: June 29th 2021 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about To Sir, with Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Sir, with Love

Start your review of To Sir, with Love
Nilufer Ozmekik
Feb 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
Awwww this book is incredibly cuteeee! Soft, sweet, fairy tail-ish, enjoyable read with its lovely enemies to lovers theme !

Love is Blind blended with You got mail theme with bottles of delicious champagne bubbles, artsy heroine Gracie reminds you of Amy Adams’ character from Enchanted who is meeting his charming prince in suits a.k.a. dreamy Patrick Dempsey ( Sebastian gives us his McDreamy vibes from Grey’s Anatomy)

Gracie is in her 33, true romantic, flirting with her sir, a man she never s
zaraa
3.75/5

✨mood: feeling so warm and light.✨

any book, just a book— specifically a romantic comedy written by Lauren Layne will rarely ever disappoint me.

one of my favorite things about Lauren Layne’s books besides the obvious is the fact how she manages to write the simplest plots and yet, make them so full of emotions that one would feel while watching a disney movie.
i absolutely love the way she uses New York city as her setting in most of her books and how she also incorporates girls + guy
Mia
Jan 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
Simply spectacular!
Everything I’ve come to expect from a Lauren Layne book and more.
Gracie, our heroine, is incredibly likable. She's smart, strong and sweet.
Sebastian was oh so swoon worthy! Definitely one of my favorite Layne book boyfriends. The writing here was tight, sharp and fun.
They were awesome together. I loved their verbal sparring and chemistry, seriously, so entertaining!
The supporting characters in this book were great, I would love Keva and Grady book.
Another well-written and
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Jan 28, 2021 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arcs

(ARC provided by Gallery Books)

708800B6-901E-4A2B-8B1A-C8DCD774F259_zpsqkbfrd0n
mika
Jan 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
MY NEW BEST FRIENDS DEFINITION OF HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP IDCC BEST PEOPLE EVER
stine
Oct 19, 2020 marked it as to-read
i heard you've got mail and i fainted ...more
susana ♡
arc kindly provided by gallery books via edelweiss

ONE OF MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITES BY LAUREN OH MY GOD.

my full review: https://www.instagram.com/p/CKbyd7uAc1l/
Ashlee Bree
Oct 19, 2020 rated it liked it
You had me at You’ve Got Mail. Should I fall to my knees to beg for a copy with my bouquet of sharpened pencils now or later?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Even though I had to exchange my bouquet of sharpened pencils for a pair of champagne flutes and a bottle of Dom Perignon, Lauren Layne's updated You've Got Mail retelling still managed to be the anonymous-dating-app-penpal to real-world-adversaries-to-lovers romance that I wanted it to be. Cheers for that!

Any romcom lover will delight in the opportunity this stor
ju
Feb 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Anyone that knows me, knows I'm a huge Lauren Layne fan. So it's no surprise the fact that I've been excited for this book ever since it was announced. But, even though I knew I would like it, I was surprised by how much I loved it.
This story follows the sweet and romantic Gracie Cooper who left aside her dream of being an artist to take care of the family business. However, she's starting to realize the store isn't doing as well as it should.
In the midst of all that is happening with Grace's
morgana
Feb 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Gracie Cooper dreams of finding her prince charming, spends a lot of time daydreaming and wants nothing but to take care of her family's legacy. That's what she thinks. That is, until she meets Sebastian Andrews, the man who wants her to close her long-loved family business.
Then what do we do when reality wakes us up from our dreams and beg us to take a hint and to step out of comfort zone?

I can't say I've read all of Lauren Layne's books, but the ones I've read were enough to make me fall in
flavia
Feb 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
this is the right book i needed for my mood at the moment, lauren layne always saves the day ❤ RTC
☆ sana ☆
Jan 27, 2021 rated it liked it
this was one of my most anticipated books of this year. you’ve got mail is one of my favorite romcoms and anonymous penpals trope one of my all time favorite tropes, which is why i was expecting this book to become one of my favorite lauren layne books but alas, it didn’t. that’s not to say i didn’t enjoy reading this, i did, but the romance lacked serious development and everything moved way too fast for me. i didn’t mind gracie and sebastian’s instant attraction to each other but i was hoping ...more
konstantina avouri
Jan 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Okay summarized you know how in period films we have that hand holding moment, and we all melt...YES that was exactly the vibe with the main couple here so now that you know you have to read this book and thank me later.

Lauren Layne is back with another rom com and i must say To Sir, with Love is probably on my top 3 of this author's books. I didn't want this book to end, i got hooked from the first few pages and this story really felt like a was watching a coming of age movie unfold in front of
Lori Spielman
Feb 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This novel checks all the rom-com boxes—lovable characters, sizzling chemistry, laugh-out-loud dialogue, and sky-high stakes. But Layne takes a deeper dive with themes of family expectations and self-discovery, of taking chances and believing in our dreams. Fans of Nora Ephron will adore this clever, funny, utterly charming story of love and hope and self-discovery.

Stephanie
Feb 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this title from the publisher via NetGalley and Edelweiss.

There is nothing like a Lauren Layne book to break you out of a book rut and uplift your mood. Her books are often among my most anticipated of the year and To Sir, with Love did not disappoint. I really loved it!

The premise of the story is a familiar one. Two people who meet and start off on the wrong foot with each other don’t realize that they’ve just met the person they’ve been anonymously corresponding with. In t
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
This charming book hasn’t just become my favorite Lauren Layne but it’s also at the top of my MUST read list for this year!

This story is classic, and wittingly beautiful! The characters, main and secondary have you rolling with laughter and full of emotion. This story is very relatable and I could picture myself with my “May’s, Lilly’s, and Calebs”. Gracie as in individual is very ambitious and gives her all for those she loves! Her support group though is hilarious and keep her in line when sh
Wendy
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Thank you to Gallery Pub and NetGalley for this gifted copy! All opinions are my own.

Just to be clear, I will read anything Lauren Layne writes. Her stories are so sweet, make you feel warm and fuzzy and that all will be right with the world. Absolute brain candy! They are typically closed door with little to no steam but I love them anyway! If you are a fan of You've Got Mail or other Nora Ephron rom coms, you need this one. It's a witty upscaled version of You've Got Mail and I was hooked from
fatin
i’ve posted my full review on my blog!

Just like Lauren Layne’s other books, this one got me hooked from the prologue right until the end. I found myself unable to tear my eyes away from my Kindle as I devoured word after word. Right from the get go, we learn that Gracie Cooper (h) is already in contact with her Sir on an online dating app. Their messages to each other are humourous and left me yearning for more of their interactions. I also found Gracie’s first meeting with Sebastian Andrews (H)
Peggy Jaeger
Jan 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another lost night of sleep because I got a sneak peek at To Sir, With Love from Lauren Layne!
An unabashed rehash of YOU'VE GOT MAIL, updated for the digital generation, Ms. Layne gives the enemies to friends to lovers trope a welcome boost in today's romance book selections. This is a sweet romance that's heavily character driven and filled with Layne's typical willy banter, detailed subtext, and emotional family drama all wrapped up in a rom com. Reading the book plays like a movie in your hea
Erin Wilson
Feb 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
So stinking cute!!

It was sweet and lovely and wonderfully predictable in a comforting way.

There was no guesswork, you knew exactly how everything would turn out, but the journey was still just as enjoyable.
Joanna Bennett
Jan 20, 2021 rated it liked it
RTC closer to publication date.

Thank you to the publisher and netgalley for an earc to read in exchange for a review!
Leila bibliofagos
Jan 24, 2021 marked it as not-out-yet
Lauren Layne is a goddess of romcoms and I need this book to make my life less miserable.
Please and thank you.
Natalie - FerryGoodBooks
Jan 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Lauren Layne lays the perfect soundtrack for a romcom lover. With every new book by this author, she further solidifies my adoration for her work. Her books are filled with flirty repartee and entertaining banter while capturing a snapshot of a young and thriving adult in NYC trying to find love in all the wrong places and this book is no exception.

The connection between Grace and Sebastian felt organic and natural. There were a lot of moments of intimacy that lit up the pages that went beyond
Twice Upon A Book
Thank you to Gallery Books, NetGalley, and Edelweiss for the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I would recommend if you're looking for (SPOILERS)

-m/f rivals to lovers
-opposites attract
-Grump/sunshine
-Modern dating twist on You've got Mail
-a fairytale obsession
-a secret admirer
-a champagne shop I wish was real
-slow burn
-cute flirty anonymous texts

This was such a sweet and cute story. I loved the modern dating update to You've Got Mail. Two people with deep loyalties to their families, continu
mila
Oct 19, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2021
What do I have to do to get this book faster? because I'm ready to do it, you just name it ...more
Jan 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
“Love Is Blind meets You’ve Got Mail in this laugh-out-loud romantic comedy following two thirty-somethings who meet on a blind dating app—only to realize that their online chemistry is nothing compared to their offline rivalry.”

You had me at You’ve Got Mail. As a proud elder millennial, I believe I have seen the Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks romantic comedy approximately 50 times. It’s safe to say that any variation on this tale merited a reading, but I was not prepared to fall so hard for this story.

Ful
Dísir
3.5 stars...

'To Sir, with Love' is a nostalgic dose of an all-time favourite rom-com of mine - Nora Ephron's You've Got Mail - done with the storytelling bones of the movie, set in a somewhat similar context and written with the same light-hearted sprinkling of fairy dust and wistful cuteness as you'd come to expect of Lauren Layne.

The uplifting sweetness that comes out of 'You've Got Mail' and the incarnations prior Ephron's version is captured perfectly: the fictionalised, romantic version of
Come_read_with_me_
Feb 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I'm not crying. You are.

This book is PERFECTION. Holy, for all that is pure. My heart.

Ok, quick review you NEED this book!! The end.

Detailed review:
You NEED this book NOW!!
Ok let's begin,
What I loved about it, literally everything but let's break it down.
The characters swoon-worthy but real. They have their vulnerabilities and strengths and they own it. They know what they want in life but how to get there is a different story. This enemies to lovers book are perfection. There were parts of th
Stephanie (read_with_steph)
Jan 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
Described as "Love is Blind" meets "You've Got Mail" ...except it's not. It's just You've Got Mail. The exact same plot.

Look, there's nothing wrong with You've Got Mail. I love the classic 90s Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks movie, and I enjoyed reading this book, too. But there's absolutely nothing new, original, or creative about this book. The plot is nearly *identical* to the movie, with some minor changes--the female owns a champagne shop and the male is her landlord trying to buy out her lease--bu
Charlotte
Jan 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
This wonderful modern take on "You've Got Mail" left me with warm and fuzzy feelings!

Instead of following her dreams to become an artist, Gracie Cooper fulfills her father's deathbed wish of keeping the family champagne shop in business. After years of modernizing to keep things afloat Sebastian Andrews, young heir of the Andrews Corporation sweeps into Gracie's life with a buyout offer.

Unwilling to let go of her father's wishes, Gracie turns to her companion Sir whom she met via an app. Between
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Soulmate Equation
  • Heartbreak for Hire
  • It Happened One Summer
  • To Love and to Loathe (The Regency Vows, #2)
  • Accidentally Engaged
  • Such a Quiet Place
  • Too Good to Be Real
  • Life's Too Short (The Friend Zone, #3)
  • The Layover
  • The Last Goodbye
  • Malibu Rising
  • The Lucky Escape
  • Happy Singles Day
Lauren Layne is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of more than two dozen novels, including Hot Asset, Hard Sell, and Huge Deal in her 21 Wall Street series, as well as her Central Park Pact series. Her books have sold more than a million copies in nine languages. Lauren’s work has been featured in Publishers Weekly, Glamour, the Wall Street Journal, and Inside Edition. She is bas ...more