Start by marking “Of Princes and Promises (St. Rosetta's Academy, #)” as Want to Read:
Of Princes and Promises (St. Rosetta's Academy, #)

Of Princes and Promises

(St. Rosetta's Academy #2)

From the New York Times bestselling author of When Dimple Met Rishi comes the second installment in a brand-new series set an elite boarding school that’s a contemporary spin on fairy tales, this one a delightful, romantic twist on The Frog Prince.

Caterina LaValle is determined to show she’s still the queen of St. Rosetta’s Academy. Sure, her crown may be slightly askew af
Expected publication: June 8th 2021 by Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Of Princes and Promises, please sign up.
Missie✨ It's supposed to come out on February 21 in 2021!! I'm so excited!…moreIt's supposed to come out on February 21 in 2021!! I'm so excited!(less)

Start your review of Of Princes and Promises (St. Rosetta's Academy, #)
Kay
Apr 07, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I just finished Of Curses and Kisses and I CANNOT WAIT until this story comes out!! I'm definitely exctied that the storyline is going to be focused on Caterina & Rahul, I knew these were going to have something going on, especially when Rahul couldn't stop looking at her at different times in OCAK *HAPPY DACNE!!! ...more
Hannah
Feb 21, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
23/03/2020
there is a TITLE and a SYNOPSIS! this one does sound really cute and i like that its a retelling of the frog prince.
seems like theres no hope for my catarina and daphne love story though :(

25/02/2020
i really hope this one is about Catarina and Daphne Elizabeth falling in love <3
Clara (The Bookworm of Notre-Dame)
I CANNOT WAIT :D
Karis Rogerson
Mar 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
(I received an eARC of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.)

I found myself truly enjoying this book! Caterina as a main character was much more interesting than I had expected, given her personality in book 1. She's not exactly "likable" but she's understandable, and that's very important.

Rahul is a beautiful sweet boy, but I hated RC, and this book definitely felt at a times like a love triangle, but it was done really well and I was so invested in the re
Aryssa
Mar 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
A nice take on the Frog Prince tale! Caterina and Rahul both really come to life in this one, and I loved the Mia twist
Briana Urban
Apr 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Of Princes and Promises is a Frog Prince retelling with a twist: Caterina gives Rahul a makeover so he's the perfect date, and when he uses a special hair gel, he transforms from nerdy boy into the guy everyone wants to be/date. The story focused so much on who we are versus who others want us to be, and it was done so well. The character development of both Cat and Rahul was amazing, and I loved the arcs for both of them.

I also love the continu
Navjot
Mar 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
First of all, I want to thank SimonTeen for sending me the ARC of Sandhya Menon “Of Princes and Promises.”

I just want to say that Menon writes cute, fluffy contemporary novels that I enjoy reading during the summer season. As a person of Indian Descent, I love to support another “Desi” and appreciate the representation in the contemporary genre.

So I’ll keep my review short. I read it super quick too because I couldn’t put the book down. I enjoyed this retelling of The Frog Prince in this worl
Steff Fox
I literally had to stop writing this review about half-way through, I got so pissed.

Menon had an incredible set-up for what could have been one of the best stories I'd ever had the opportunity to read...and she destroyed it by detracting away from what was actually the key plot and character development opportunities of her story with A BEYOND POINTLESS VILLAIN WHO ADDED NOTHING TO THE STORY OTHER THAN A NONSENSE MISCOMMUNICATION PLOT AND A BEYOND IDIOTIC JEALOUSY SIDE-PLOT.

I CANNOT.

-sigh- Pro
Simant Verma
Apr 30, 2020 marked it as 2021-releases
- This book features Caterina & Rahul!
- romantic twist on The Frog Prince? Hmm now I am wondering how that would work. Do we get a secret kiss 😉

Anyways I trust Sandhya Menon and absolutely can't wait for this!
Anna Jackson
Mar 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Another solid addition to the St. Rosetta's Academy series by Sandhya Menon. I really enjoy this author's work, and while this one was not exactly what I thought it was going to be going into it, I think I *may* have liked it even more than the last one in the series!

This book was a very veiled retelling of the princess and the frog (as I'm sure everyone can tell from the synopsis). When I first heard that there was going to be another book in the series, I immediately thought that it was going
Meghan
Feb 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing - Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

Sandhya Menon does it again with a modern take on a classic tale. I loved the concept of of Princes and Promises and the entire time I was reading the book, I could not help but to think Steve Urkel vs. Stefan Urkell. The "adorkable" Rahul Chopra uses his love for Caterina a
Paige
Feb 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Goodreads and Simon and Schuster Children’s Publishing for sending me an ARC copy of Of Princes and Promises!

I loved how the Rosetta Academy story continued in this book! Rahul’s character made me laugh so hard—his random facts and quirks were endearing. And getting Caterina’s perspective made her seem much more genuine than the first book. I also liked how Of Princes and Promises emphasized strong female characters and the importance of friendship. Rahul and Caterina’s relationship
Lynn Brown
Apr 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was a new author for me so I had no idea what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. A popular girl post breakup, and a nerdy guy with social anxiety is what the story revolves around. Throw in some magical hair gel and you have a fairy retelling of The Frog Prince. I think this would be a great read for younger readers or anyone who loves fairy tale type stories. The last 100 pages were the best for me and for that reason alone I would definitely read another book by this author.

I received
Deena B
Feb 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
OF PRINCES AND PROMISES by Sandhya Menon

This is book 2 in a series (St. Rosetta's Academy #2) I didn't read the first book, but I had no problems enjoying it as a stand - alone.

I think this book would be great for YA but more on the Younger young adult. Or just anybody!

Cute, clean, fun with budding romance, a bit of magic and mystery. I enjoyed the 2 main characters, they felt genuine to me. .

I WON this book from Goodreads Giveaway, and I thank the author, Simon & Schuster Books for Young Reade
Shabeeba Sheikh
Mar 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
The plotline and character development were engaging and satisfying. Really nice teen read.

However, the characters were thoroughly unlikable. Some were outlandishly pompous, whiny, and riddled with some infectious God-complex. I hoped to connect with at least one of the characters, but even Rahul was naïve and arrogant.

I won't hold it against the book because I assume it's part of the theme of this series. But if you're thinking of reading a book with likable characters who you can remember, th
Tania
Feb 20, 2021 rated it liked it
Was so excited to get back into this series so thankful to NetGalley for the ARC.

I honestly love and relate to Rahul so much, socializing is HARD and definitely doesn’t come naturally to me. I also appreciated the character development from Caterina, saw a glimpse of potential in the first book and am glad it was expanded on. I enjoyed the magical realism aspect much more in the first book but this was still a wholesome cutesy read and I can’t wait for DE’s story.
Betty Miller
Mar 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaway-winners
It’s target market will love it. My 3.5 stars was rounded up due to the system not allowing half stars. There’s a definite Frog Prince vibe to this novel, as suggested by the cover, and a slight bit of magical realism. I would have enjoyed the story more if the magic was developed more. It was well written and will definitely be appreciated more by teenagers.
Faye Rix
Apr 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It takes a very skilled writer to spin such a fantastic story. If you have some great stories like this one, you can publish it on Novel Star, just submit your story to hardy@novelstar.top or joye@novelstar.top
Bonnie  Barrett
Mar 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! The story was about friends, second chances and a little bit of magic! ✨
Hannah Moerman
Apr 10, 2021 rated it liked it
3.5 stars ✨
Taylor Siedel
I know it isn't out yet, but I NEED THIS. I need this yesterday. ...more
Nicole Moon
Apr 07, 2021 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2021-releases
i just got the ARC, ahhhh!!!! also i had no idea it's gonna come out on my birthday omg ...more
jennet wheatstonelllsl
Magney6
Mar 09, 2021
Monica
Aug 21, 2020

• The Law of Innocence (Mickey Haller, #7; Harry Bosch Universe #34)
  • Lore
  • Fighting Words
  • Spindled
  • The Case of the Missing Marquess (Enola Holmes, #1)
  • The Reckoning (The Culling #3)
  • The Culling Trials (Shadowspell Academy, #1)
  • The Culling Trials 3 (Shadowspell Academy, #3)
  • The Culling Trials Omnibus, #1-3 (Shadowspell Academy, #1-3)
  • The Rules in Rome
  • Of Rite and Ruin (Arcane Arts Academy, #5)
  • Wild Sign (Alpha & Omega, #6)
  • Rogue Skies
  • The Prince and the Troll (Faraway, #1)
  • Thornwood
  • Buried Above Ground
  • Mistwood (Mistwood, #1)
  • Death Sworn (Death Sworn, #1)
Sandhya Menon is the New York Times bestselling author of several novels with lots of kissing, girl power, and swoony boys. Her books have been featured in several cool places, including on The Today Show, Teen Vogue, NPR Book Review, Buzzfeed, and Seventeen. A full-time dog servant and part-time writer, she makes her home in the foggy mountains of Colorado.

St. Rosetta's Academy (3 books)
  • Of Curses and Kisses (St. Rosetta's Academy, #1)
  • Untitled (St. Rosetta's Academy, #3)